Twelve Oaks Mansion Reviews

26 Reviews for Twelve Oaks Mansion

• Kim

Kim J. · Married on 10/02/2020

AMAZING! 10 stars out of 5

Our venue (Noah’s) filed for bankruptcy. We contacted our caterer (John Marshall catering) immediately and asked them who they had catering contracts with. They sprung into action and got us in touch with Leigh at Twelve Oaks Mansion. We walked into the mansion and FELL IN LOVE with it. We spoke with Leigh about our dream wedding and fell in love with Leigh! Covid hit and we began to stress. Leigh was so calming. We ultimately chose to reduce our wedding capacity from 250 to 50. (Wedding party was 24 adults, 3 flower girls, and the guests were spouses and kids of those in the wedding party). I was worried the room would look huge with such a limited amount of people. Leigh set it up absolutely beautifully and it did NOT look empty at all! We had such an amazing ceremony in the ceremony room, and an absolute fantastic time in the ballroom for our reception. Everyone of our guests loved the venue and told us we had an absolutely beautiful wedding, and the food (John Marshall catering) was the best food they ever had at a wedding. Our photographer never did a shoot there, and she was so impressed with the ceremony room, ballroom, outdoor patios with beautiful views, and two gazebos, which gave her many photo opportunities. I can’t say enough good things about our experience with Twelve Oaks Mansion, and with Leigh. We consider her our guardian angel for keeping us calm and sane during such unheard of circumstances. We booked our 250 guest reception for next year, and are so much at ease knowing Leigh will be there to pull it all together for us (again)!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Lizz · Married on 08/25/2018

We are so happy that we chose Twelve Oaks Mansion for our wedding reception! The atmosphere is beautiful, and everyone raved about the food! Bethany was great to work with, and was very responsive to all of our questions. Thank you for a memorable night!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Michael · Married on 11/12/2016

We had our daughters wedding yesterday and we could not be more pleased with the venue. Bethany is the event coordinator there and quite honestly we could not have done it without her. She answered a hundred questions, multiple times for a few. She was calm and extremely helpful. The venue is beautiful and we had so many compliments. They are a very well oiled machine. The servers were great, very respectful. Bethany checked on us throughout the evening. The food was great. We could not be any more pleased with the experience.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Samantha · Married on 11/12/2016

We had both our ceremony and reception at Twelve Oaks and it was amazing. The venue was exactly what we wanted. Bethany was wonderful to work with. She really let us make the place our own. She was also extremely flexible with the timeline of our day. We couldn't have asked for a better place or coordinator to work with. We highly recommend Twelve Oaks.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Amy · Married on 08/06/2016

Bethany, the event coordinator, was so friendly and answered all my questions. The venue is absolutely beautiful. We received so many compliments from our guests about it, as well as how great the food was. There isn't one thing I could say negatively about our experience with the Twelve Oaks Mansion.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2016

Bethany was great to work with! She worked hard all evening to make sure the night ran smoothly. The food is excellent! The building is beautiful.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Danielle · Married on 04/09/2016

We had our wedding reception at Twelve Oaks Mansion. The space is absolutely breathtaking! I honestly felt like our wedding was something out of a fairy tale. Bethany and her team are a delight to work with. Bethany was there on site for the entire reception and she made sure that we had everything we needed. She came to the head table and offered to get us drinks multiple times throughout the night! The food is by far the best wedding food that I've ever eaten - and I'm not just saying that! We had 150 guests and not one person complained about the food. The chef was able to accommodate numerous food allergies. The venue was worth every single penny we paid! I wouldn't dream of having my reception anywhere else.

Sent on 04/14/2016

Susan · Married on 07/11/2015

We used Twelve Oaks Mansion for our daughters wedding and reception. Bethany and her entire staff were a pleasure to work with. She ensured all our guests had what they needed and that we all enjoyed the evening. Bethany made the planning easy and we have heard so many compliments about what a wonderful night it was. The food selection was excellent, the bar was handled perfectly and the room was beautiful! We are more then 100% satisfied with the work of Bethany and her entire staff. Thank you for the wonderful evening, we are forever grateful.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Alyssa · Married on 09/20/2014

Twelve Oaks Mansion is stunning! The decor, the food, the environment, everything is wonderful! Bethany was there for anything we needed this past year and a half of planning! She came to us throughout the reception many times to make sure we were happy. The food was amazing! Our guests are still talking about how it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! Not only was dinner absolutely delicious but all the Hors D’oeuvres were to die for. Everybody left the reception completely full. The venue is so beautiful. The decor and the view are stunning. Our pictures the photographer took out in the back are so beautiful because of the view and sunset.

I'd recommend Twelve Oaks Mansion to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Maria · Married on 08/23/2014

Very beautiful photo options inside and outside venue Bethany was great to work with guests loved the food

Sent on 09/08/2014

Kimberly · Married on 06/14/2014

Our wedding reception at Twelve Oaks Mansion was everything I ever wanted and more! It was beautiful and definitely fulfilled my vision for our wedding day! Bethany was so easy to work with and always so nice and professional. She was able to answer every single little question I had and never once made me feel like I was being an "obnoxious bride!" haha! They have a chef & kitchen on-site, which was super convenient. They offer a complimentary taste testing once you are booked and even offer the ability to customize your dinner menu. I would definitely recommend Twelve Oaks for your wedding reception -- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Leanne · Married on 04/26/2014

Our wedding was perfect - thanks to Twelve Oaks Mansion and the help of Bethany Santa, event coordinator. Bethany made sure that all of my requests were met. The staff members at the reception were also phenomenal. And, the food... WOW!!! Multiple guests commented that the filet was the best filet they have ever had... and the meal was the best wedding meal they have ever eaten... how happy my husband and I were to hear that!

The venue is gorgeous too - with gorgeous chandeliers, a grand staircase, views with beautiful sunsets; the place evokes true southern charm. You cannot go wrong having your wedding here. I HIGHLY recommend the venue. All my guests would agree. It was a magical night.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Maryann · Married on 10/19/2013

Twelve Oaks Mansion is gorgeous, clean, designed beautifully for weddings. Bethany can make things happen to make the event wonderful. Food delicious! Wait staff SUPER efficient and friendly. We had ceremony in the library and ceremony in ballroom. It was perfect!

Sent on 11/01/2013

This venue was beautiful and made everything convenient. The ceremony was in one room while the cocktail hour and reception was in the other. They provide a room upstairs for the bride and others to wait until the ceremony starts. The food was fantastic. The inside and outside of the venue is beautiful and provides a backdrop for really great photos. We considered having an outdoor ceremony but were warned that even on good days it can get pretty windy since it's on top of a hill, so we decided not to risk it (good thing because it rained all day!). We appreciated the honest feedback from the venue about the outdoor ceremony. Everything was great and made for a classy and memorable wedding day.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Jacob · Married on 06/08/2013

Twelve Oaks, and specifically, Bethany - the event coordinator - goes above and beyond to make your special day the most memorable and enjoyable experience possible. Every detail is planned and the wedding party is treated like royalty the entire night. Please consider this venue for weddings, celebrations, etc. while in the Pittsburgh area.

Sent on 07/14/2013

Maggie · Married on 06/08/2013

Twelve Oaks Mansion was the ultimate reception site. My guests were blown away by the quality of the food and drinks and I am still hearing about it (in September)! They went above and beyond to throughout the whole day setting things up and making sure that it was absolutely perfect for my husband and I. I couldn't have asked for more - highly recommended and worth every penny!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Katie · Married on 10/15/2011

We had a perfect reception at Twelve Oaks. They were so organized through our entire reception planning. The atmosphere is so elegant and relaxed to have the perfect evening. Bethany is amazing and really went above and beyond planning on our wedding and was accessible the entire time at our reception as well. The food was amazing and I still have people telling me that was the best wedding food they ever had a couple months after our wedding. You will not be disappointed with 12 Oaks.

Sent on 12/02/2011

Tricia · Married on 08/08/2015

Our wedding was held at Twelve Oaks in August of 2015. We had both the ceremony and reception at Twelve Oaks.
    From the moment we first met with Bethany(Wedding Director at Twelve Oaks Mansion) we knew this was the best venue for our wedding.
    Bethany was very easy to work with. She walked us through the entire process but never applied any pressure. At one point, we have questions regarding the contact, which she thoroughly explained and quickly put us to ease. Bethany took great pride in her planning of our wedding. We were truly impressed with her attention to detail.
    The day of our wedding was seamless. Everything came together beautifully and it was evident that Bethany's meticulous planning was involved in every process; even at one point she jumped in to serve food to a few guests.
    The venue itself was gorgeous. Very clean and well maintained building. It had a elegant and charming appeal.
    Our wedding day was everything we could have hoped for and imagined. We are confident that other couples will enjoy Twelve Oaks as much as we did!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Alyssa · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I have so many positive things to say about Twelve Oaks and the staff, especially Bethany (the event coordinator). For starters, this venue is absolutely gorgeous. Big windows in the ballroom and library allow guests to see the surrounding greenery and the beautiful gazebo, while the patio gives you a breath of fresh air and a place to cool down. The food was absolutely delicious. They can be a bit rigid at times and they have their own vendors for linens and chair rentals. Bethany was incredibly sweet, caring and willing to help with whatever she could. On occasion, it would take a few days to hear back from her via email BUT she does get back to you. When it's crunch time, she responds quicker. Bethany truly went above and beyond for us leading up to and throughout the wedding. My husband and I were thrilled with our choice. If you are looking for an affordable (without sacrificing quality), unique venue, look no further. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/23/2017
  • F

Kristin · Married on 06/04/2010

We very extremely pleased with the service provided by Twelve Oaks Mansion for our wedding reception.

Our ceremony was in Wexford, so the location was ideal.

It is relatively new - located up on a hill along 228. It's very easy to reach from 228, 19, 79, and 76. The view from that height in late afternoon and evening is quite lovely, and we expect to see a great sunset photo! There are 2 rooms - both can be rented if you want the extra space, or simply want the entire facility to yourself during your event. We did, and thought the fee to to do so was reasonable and definitely worth the money.

The staff are polite, friendly, and very accommodating. Bethany, the manager, is very professional and easy to work with, very prompt with all of our correspondence. She had several ideas that greatly assisted us in the planning.

The inside decor is tasteful, and quite elegant - my mother loved the panelling and chandeliers in both rooms. And the bars in both rooms are quite impressive. The site provides linens, and the overall decor will easily work with any color scheme for a wedding.

The menu selection is quite extensive. Our tasting was easy to schedule, very organized, and we truly loved everything we ate. At the wedding, many guests commented on the food, and I noticed cleaned plates everywhere.

The hall has its own bartenders, and our alcohol was all provided. They were even able to provide a few premium beers we requested, but at an extra cost.

The hall has its own pastry chef to provide a cake, if selected. We met with the chef at the tasting and were able to pick exactly what we wanted. The cake was beautifully decorated (just what I had had in mind) - more importantly, it was delicious. The slices were generous, the cake was flavorful without being overbearing, and the filling and frosting (we ordered buttercream) were light and very creamy. I know I'm prejudiced, but I can't remember actually enjoying wedding cake before.

As a note for budget conscious brides: Twelve Oaks has a great deal for weddings during the winter season, Fridays and Sundays. Saturdays during the typical wedding season book fast (more than a year in advance) and require a substantial minimum payment. This minimum is waived at the other times listed above.

Our wedding was wonderful, and I can't imagine using any other reception hall.

Sent on 07/04/2010

3.5

Beautiful place. Had a perfect wedding. Ask questions early about everything to ensure what you want

Sent on 10/25/2014

3.0

We had a beautiful wedding at Twelve Oaks Mansion. It was big enough to comfortably accommodate our 210 guests, and the food was absolutely delicious! All of the guests were very impressed with the quality of the food. We had our wedding ceremony and reception here, which was very important to us, and we're really glad we did especially because it rained all day. There is also a ton of parking and the view is nice off the back patio. The only issue is we had a bit of trouble working with Bethany, the coordinator there. We had to be extremely specific about quality, such as wanting tablecloths that were not wrinkled and expecting the hedges to be trimmed. Everything turned out great, but throughout the process we thought she could have done a better job understanding our expectations and working more quickly to meet them.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Erin · Married on 05/20/2011

I'm so glad we chose Twelve Oaks. They were easy to work with, the food was delicious, gorgeous building, and they were very accomodating. People still talk about the wonderful food at our reception!

One disappointment I did encounter was when the bridal party arrived we went straight to a separate room to freshen up and relax before being presented. We were expecting some appetizers and refreshments, but there was only about 12 pieces, and we had more than 12 people waiting in this room. One of my bridesmaids was hungry so she went to find someone and they told her that they had cleaned up the apps and we could have no more.

The other disappointment was I really felt they cleaned up the cake too fast. Cake was put out for all of the bridal party while we were not seated but cleaned up within minutes - before we even realized it was there. Our cake was awesome, I wanted my closest friends to get taste it!

I guess it just seemed the crew was eager to clean up - which was good, but disappointing that we couldn't enjoy some of the things we chose and paid for.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Katie · Married on 03/30/2019

4.2
      3.0

Guests were very pleased!

At first glance, my husband fell in love with the Mansion. The outside decor over looking the greenery was breathtaking. The sunset was beautiful. They were very flexible on what decor was allowed, and they were very helpful in set up.
    The food was AMAZING! During the food tasting, we were shocked with how well all of it was. It made it very hard to choice just two entrees. During our wedding, many guests came up and said they always hate wedding food but the food they ate that night was THE best they've had.
    Overall, it was a very beautiful wedding thanks to the Twelve Oaks team!!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Jeff · Married on 06/25/2016

1.5

Make sure you read every word of the contract with Twelve Oaks Manor.
    1) Our son and daughter-in-law agreed on a price and then about a month before the date learned that on top of the agreed price would be taxes and gratuity: about 25% more than the price to which they believed they had agreed.
    2) Wedding favors were bottles of homemade wine done in an extremely classy manner. Buried somewhere in the agreement was a line that stated no alcoholic favors. They would not agree that we could place favors at the table and have the DJ repeatedly announce that the bottles could not be opened. They would not agree to leave the bottles on a table at the exit door for self-serve. "It was in their contract" was the final response. They advised us to hide them under a table and hand them out individually to people as they left. As parents of the groom, we were compelled to man the exit and hand out party favors for the last 2.5 hours of the reception.
    We rated flexibility low because they would not permit us a table and the opportunity to transport cookies into the dinner/dancing portion of the reception hall. The mother of the bride had made 3,000 cookies for this reception, anticipating that people would snack on cookies all night. They required us to leave the cookies in the cocktails room. People predictably forgot that the cookies were there.
    Having registered these complaints, there can be no doubt that the venue is beautiful, and that the staff is professional, courteous, and timely. All transitions were seamless. On the morning of the reception, they helped us overcome adversity, by agreeing to move a place setting from one table to another to recover from a planning "oops".
    If you ask all the right questions, read your contract carefully, grill them on out-the-door cost, and plan your cookies according to them being minimally accessible, you will be pleased that you employed Twelve Oaks Manor.

Sent on 06/27/2016