Turning Music into Memories with DJ JessB & Starr Reviews

63 | New Bedford, MA

63 Reviews for Turning Music into Memories with DJ JessB & Starr

Megan O. · Married on 07/11/2021

Ortiz wedding

They were awesome! So helpful and so amazing!! They were on top of everything! 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 07/12/2021
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/12/2021

Worlds best DJ and MC

Words cannot describe how amazing this company is! Jess and Starr went above and beyond for our wedding on June 12 2021. From Jess keeping music going and upbeat bringing the fun to the party. To Starr going above and beyond the MC standards, constantly double checking my make up was on point to running out to get more cupcakes because the bakery didn't deliver them all! Starr helped get people to the dance floor and make sure I was enjoying myself all day long. Day time weddings are hard work a lot of people tend to not dance and at least a few times the dance floor was full and people were having a blast. I highly highly recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome fun DJ and MC Thank you again from the bottom of my heart you guys are amazing.

Love Matt and Ashley

Sent on 06/13/2021

Brittney M. · Married on 06/11/2021

Got everyone on the dance floor immediately

I can't say enough great things about Jess and Starr. From the beginning to the very end they exceeded my expectations. Not only just as our DJ but the help with the ceremony and even Starr helping me with a dress malfunction. They kept the party going all night and everyone loved them. They made us feel comfortable and felt like we known them for years. I'd recommend to anyone

Sent on 06/12/2021
  • Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn T. · Married on 06/04/2021

Consummate Professionals, High Energy & Fantastic People!

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Jess & Starr. We had to move our wedding date three times due to COVID, and these two were with us every step of the way! Starr went above and beyond the typical role of MC and ensured that everything ran smoothly behind the scenes. Jess played an array of music that both engaged our guests and stayed true to our vibe as a couple. If you want a packed dancefloor and a vendor who goes above and beyond the call of duty - look no further. Book these two! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/08/2021
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline P. · Married on 05/29/2021

Best night of our lives!

ABSOLUTELY BOOK THESE TWO FOR YOUR WEDDING. Starr and Jess are the best at what they do. From the moment we booked with them they made us feel completely comfortable and listened to everything we said. On the day of the wedding Starr made sure everything ran smoothly while Jess kept the party going with the music. We could not be more happy with how our wedding day went and we have these two to thank for that! Do not hesitate and book them now for your special day!

Sent on 05/31/2021

Mary K. · Married on 05/23/2021

An amazing fun wedding to remember!!!

I can not even begin to tell you how amazing these two are!!! They make your day so much fun, stress free and they keep the party rocking all night!!! All my guests commented on how amazing my DJs were! We had so so much fun with them. They are amazing to work with, professional and honestly two of the kindest humans you will ever meet! I will always highly recommend them to anyone who needs a DJ!
    Thank you guys for making my day one to remember !!!

Sent on 05/24/2021
  • Shauna

Shauna M. · Married on 05/14/2021

Hands down the best!

I have so many amazing things to say and not a single negative comment! We picked Jess and Starr based on a recommendation and pricing without ever meeting them or seeing them in action. We had them booked for as long as our engagement (2.5 years) and throughout that whole time they were both SO kind, SO thoughtful and SO responsive. We officially met them through zoom a month before our wedding and loved them even more! They went above and beyond all of our expectations and what they signed up for. Last minute they worked so hard to get us a mash up mix so we can end the night in a fun way. Countless guests and vendors provided compliments of how much they loved our selection for a DJ. They were personable, funny, and were just like family. They interacted with our loved ones as if they were their own. They were on point with everything and communicated with us every step of the way. I didn’t have to worry about anything. Everyone had so much fun and people requested their info to hire them for future events. At the end of the night, they even invited us to visit their home to meet their kids and dog. If you’re still unsure, considering your options or just beginning your research, search no more. Jess and Starr are amazing and we LOVED them beyond words! We felt so comfortable with them and they worked very well with all our vendors. Oh! And make sure to add the photobooth option! You won’t regret it! Best night ever thanks to these 2!

Sent on 06/06/2021
  • Cathie

Cathie P. · Married on 02/10/2021

Best of the Best DJ'S!! Amazing! Highly recommend!

We got married this weekend!!!!
    Was amazing!!
    We had some of the most awesome women taking

Our DJ'S::Turning Music into Memories, with Jess & Starr Bicho!!!!! OMG, where do I begin!!
    These women listen, care about what you want ,what your about, music that you want, music that will make the memories!!! They will help you in anyway,to help make your wedding as special as possible!!!
    We also had the photo booth, was so much fun,more great memories!!
    They know how to read the crowd,get them moving, played a few games!!
    Most caring,loving,sweet, awesome women who we now consider family!!!!
    Love you Starr & Jessica Bicho
    Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Andrea P. · Married on 10/25/2020

Small wedding

Jess and Starr were very flexible and responsive to all details with the wedding. We had some hiccups in the bride and grooms end but these ladies were a breath of fresh air. All went smooth because of them and their attention to details!
    Highly recommend them!!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/11/2020

October 11, 2020 Wedding!

As we all know, planning a wedding for 2020 is NOT easy. Jess and Starr we’re absolutely amazing throughout the entire process and made everything feel so simple. They even made a custom mash up song for my dance with my father. They were both so attentive to us the day of the wedding, they made sure everything was going exactly the way we wanted. All of our guests were RAVING about them!!! We all had so much fun thanks to you guys. They were everything we could have hoped for and more. I promise you will NOT regret booking these two!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Tara F. · Married on 10/10/2020

Best dj and mc ever!!!

I don’t even know where to start. Jess and Starr made our wedding experience beyond what I could have imagined! My DJ cancelled on me a few months before my wedding and I found Jess and Start online, had a phone interview and fell in love with their personalities! They were exactly what we needed for our wedding day! They kept our timeline even though I kept ruining it by going for more pictures haha but they always brought me back and kept us in line. Everyone was on the dance floor all night and I never laughed and danced so long and hard in my life. I truly thank both of them for being a part of the best day of our lives. There was a lot of rollercoaster emotions that day due to covid and they made it feel like a breeze. I truly cannot thank them enough. Recommend them 100 times over!!!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Eric

Eric R. · Married on 10/09/2020

Jess and Starr know how to party!

On top of being absolute professionals, Jess and Starr are also just really easy-going but more importantly, fun people! When our original wedding was modified in every way possible, they kept us calm like it was no big deal. They were super facilitating and jumped on video calls whenever we had questions. They were a big part of making our wedding amazing. They claimed that every person at our wedding would be dancing on song #1. That's quite the claim... but it happened!!! My wife and I were amazed given the few guests we were SURE wouldn't be up there. We now consider them friends.

Jess and Starr deserve your business. They work hard and are very detail oriented.

Eric & Amanda Reid

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2020

Better Than I Could Have Hoped For

We had Jess & Starr at our 10-3-20 wedding and I truly wish I had the words to express how incredible they were. They made a covid wedding actually fun while still being safe. They helped get our guests moving, had us playing the newlywed game, and directed us on where to be and when. Throughout the night, guests were coming up to tell me how incredible the DJ's were. They were so encouraging, fun, and kind. Jess even sent me a few pictures she took after the wedding, beautiful shots I deeply appreciated. During the planning process, their portal was easy and helpful. And when it came to the day BEFORE the wedding, when we realized the timelines were off with what the venue provided and what I provided the DJ's...they easily bounced back and were able to accommodate. On a professional level they were everything we could have needed for our wedding and on a personal level they were two of the most genuine people I've ever met! I couldn't recommend them to anyone more highly!!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 09/18/2020

Truly amazing experience.

We hired Jess and Starr because we wanted a DJ familiar with our wedding venue. They went above and beyond! As a covid wedding, we knew it would be unique because no dance floor was allowed. They had guests dancing in their seats during dinner, and afterwards while socially distant around the campfire people were singing and dancing. The day was perfect! The music selection was perfect. They rocked it. Not only were they responsive, flexible and understanding with our covid wedding needs, they love what they do and they are amazing at it! If we do it again with a bigger guest list, we'd hire them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/26/2020

Alicia · Married on 09/05/2020

The best in the business!

Jess and Starr are absolutley amazing to work with. They're like family at this point! Their set up looked awesome, they were on time, the sound was spot on and they were both awesome with the guests! They really went above and beyond to assist with ANYTHING I needed while planning during this pandemic and all of the last minute changes. Starr stepped in and coordinated everything that I needed for me. She even went above and beyond to ensure that my Dad ( who is ill) was part of the entire process, certain pictures were taken of us and he was part of the action. Things that I totally forgot about but she didn't. They truly both went above and beyond for us and we are so appreciative of both of them for that. The Ladies are the absolute best at what they do and in the industry. Wonderful job!!

Sent on 09/25/2020
  • Porchia

Porchia H. · Married on 09/04/2020

Worth every penny !

When hiring Jess and Starr it was like hiring friends to DJ our wedding. They are the kindest and most down to earth women! They were so good with our daughters too. More importantly, their services are excellent. Our wedding was small and not many dancers, they knew to play to the tune of our crowd. While planning our wedding, Jess took the time to go over everything we wanted and made sure to deliver it on our day. Our package included up lighting and a personalized animated monogram, these touches COMPLETED the atmosphere we were looking for! So many compliments!! Plus, my daughter thinks Starr has awesome hair ;) . They met our expectations and more. So happy we hired them!

Sent on 09/07/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/14/2020

Chateau Vie (Walnut Cove, NC) 3-14-2020

Let me just say; these ladies MADE our wedding! From their generosity at the onset of our wedding, so the very final moments of it—-they were so professional, confident, FUN, and PROS at what they do. They attended the rehearsal day to ensure they knew the lay of the venue and where they would set up, they helped to navigate lineups and protocol, and gave us reassurance that all would work out. Wedding day arrives; they show up early and help even with day of coordination. When I (bride 1 of 2) had a last minute dress emergency Starr ran uphill (in HEELS!) to save the day! After 30 min of panicking and three people assisting she jumped right in and fixed it! She sent my down the hill to ceremony and Jess was there waiting with my guests and keeping them entertained! They held my guests interest with music and mic services during the ceremony, and started the party during the reception! Even though we had some last minute requests (like bridal party announcements) they easily accommodated us and made it happen! When there could have been gaps, or lulls in the reception, Starr jumped in and helped it all to flow. EVERYONE, (and I mean everyone!) absolutely loved these two! I cannot tell you how many people asked us about them! The Music selection and timing was EVERYTHING! I have zero complaints and honestly can say if they hadn’t been there in my wedding day, it wouldn’t have been nearly as fun, organized, and AMAZING as it was! I feel like they’ll be friends for life and now I’m left wondering what event to plan so we can bring them back down to NC ?! 🥳 Absolutely number one vendor HANDS DOWN! These two are THE BEST!

Sent on 03/16/2020

Lynda · Married on 10/12/2019

Best DJs ever!

I can not say enough great things about these ladies! They did such a great job for our wedding. They kept the dance floor full, the guests were having a great time and they made sure the groom and I had everything we needed. My guests are raving about what an awesome job they did and how much fun they had. I've never been to a wedding or event and had this much fun. They knew how to read the crowd and played the perfect mix of music to make everyone happy!! Highly recommended 1000x over!!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Rebecca · Married on 10/06/2019

Jess & Starr made our wedding

We can't say enough positive about Jess and Starr! They were so helpful to us in planning, they worked with us to get everything we needed, and they played exactly what we and our guests needed to keep everyone moving. 10/10 would hire again

Sent on 10/10/2019

Melanie · Married on 09/28/2019

Such fun music, incredible people

We had the BEST time at our wedding! Jess and Starr are so fun and amazing to work with! Their pricing was affordable, they were so helpful when planning, and so fun on the day of! We finished up dinner with a game for me and my husband that everyone thought was hilarious, and then kicked off dancing with another game to get people on the floor... And they got literally everyone out on the dance floor at the start of the night!! I couldn’t have been happier! All I wanted to do on my wedding day was dance with my friends and family, and I don’t think I would have enjoyed it as much with anyone else running the music! I cannot express just how much I loved having Jess and Starr there!!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Anna B. · Married on 09/27/2019

Best Night!

Both Jess and Starr are amazing! They had people dancing before the dance floor even opened! I havent seen my family dance like that in a long time! They made sure everyone was on the same page the whole night, and everything went so smoothly. We are both so happy we chose Jess and Starr to be apart of our night, and will continue to recommend them!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Amber

Amber M. · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely incredible

Starr and Jess were absolutely fantastic! They took care of everything for us with communicating with our photographer about the timeline and making sure he didn’t miss a moment and the people at the venue to make sure everything was perfect and ran smoothly ! Everyone loved the music and they took many requests from family and friends and made sure everyone was dancing and have an amazing time! I would recommend them to absolutely everyone because they are so amazing and I couldn’t be more grateful for all of their hard work!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2019

Highly recommend

Jess and Starr did an amazing job as DJ and MC for my wedding! Their music was awesome and I loved how they incorporated games throughout the night. Starr did a great job at keeping everything running smoothly. It was good to see them also on the dance floor with us at the end of the night!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2019

Jess and Star are amazing!

Jess and star did a great job with us and got everyone on the dance floor! They made our wedding amazing

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Jess and Starr are absolutely wonderful they are so flexible and kept everyone on their feet all night!

Sent on 08/20/2019