Tupelo's Bakery & Cafe Reviews

24 | Monticello, FL

24 Reviews for Tupelo's Bakery & Cafe

• MaddieKelleyMiller

Deb Kelley · Married on 12/07/2019

Simple Elegant wedding cake!

Tupelo's Bakery made a simple yet elegant wedding cake for my daughter's wedding! It was exactly how the bride envisioned her cake!! They also made a stunning grooms cake! Tupelo Bakery was easy to work with & took care of the details.So yummy! I would recommend them!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Amber

Amber Lacy · Married on 11/02/2019

Guests were raving about how great the cake was!

My husband and I grew up in Monticello and we knew there was no where else we wanted our cake to come from. They were very responsive and helpful with any questions I had during planning. We were able to leave the cake flowers and topper on the table to be added during assembly and the flowers were placed beautifully. During our tasting/meeting we were given a reference book of pictures to look through of cakes they've done. I provided a picture of the cake I had in mind and ours came out just as I dreamed. We had a carrot cake with vanilla buttercream icing which was easily the best we've ever tasted. Our guests LOVED the cake and were inquiring more info about Tupelo's so they could make a trip there to eat. Even guests who weren't the biggest fans of carrot cake fell in love at the first bite. We highly recommend Tupelo's Bakery for any of your cake needs. I can barely wait a year to revisit that top tier!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Kelly · Married on 03/16/2019

best cake EVER

People were especially impressed with the strawberry and italian cream cupcakes! If we hadn't stashed our carrot cake tier to freeze for our anniversary, I'd dare to say that we wouldnt have any leftovers! The cake was so good! So good that I'd get married all over again to eat more Tupelo's cake!

Sent on 03/22/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 02/23/2019

To die for cake and desserts!

Tupelo's Bakery was the first and only shop we sampled for our wedding cake, and my husband and I have absolutely no regrets. Kim was so great to work with and made my dessert bar dream come true! I wanted a few dessert items that are not kept constantly in the bakery and Kim was so accommodating. Kim delivered our wedding cake and set up all of our desserts beautifully the afternoon of our wedding and it was so hard not to sneak a bite before the cake cutting! All of our wedding guests could not stop talking about the desserts and kept going back for seconds and thirds. I don't think we will be able to hold out until our one year anniversary for another piece of Tupelo's cake, so we probably will be stopping by the bakery soon!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 11/17/2018

Best Cakes Ever

We absolutely loved the flavor and design of our wedding and groom’s cake! Tupelo is very affordable and easy to work with.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Nadia

Nadia · Married on 07/01/2018

OMG these were the best! We had mini blueberry and strawberry cheesecakes at our wedding. And they were absolutely amazing! There were barely any left over! People are still telling me how much they loved the cheesecakes! Kim was such a joy to work with and made everything super easy! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Courtney · Married on 05/26/2018

Amazing to say the least! We used Tupelo’s for our wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious. Not only did it taste wonderful, but it looked like it could be in a magazine. We had such a wonderful experience with Kim! From our first meeting to the wedding day, she was extremely accommodating and helped us make the best decision for our wedding day. I 100% recommend Tupelo’s Bakery!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Christine · Married on 03/17/2018

Tupelo's did such a great job with our wedding cake! Kim was able to take elements from pictures I had sent her to create such a beautiful design. The cake itself was also amazing! Even a day later (from the few leftovers we got) it still tasted amazing. We had many people tell us how delicious our cake was! Plus she was able to combine flavors we liked from the tasting to create a special strawberry peanut butter layer for us! So good!!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Melanie · Married on 03/11/2018

Please do yourself a favor and get some pie from Tupelo's Bakery as quickly as you can. For my wedding I ordered 14 pies, including coconut cream, blueberry, strawberry, and pecan. They were all beyond delicious and I received so many compliments on the look and taste of the pies. The owner allowed me to bring my own pie pans, and she delivered the pies to my venue the day of the wedding. Tupelo's made everything smooth and easy while supplying a delicious product! Thank you for adding some extra sweetness to my special day.

Sent on 03/19/2018

courtney · Married on 03/03/2018

This cake was the highlight of my wedding, everyone would not stop talking about how good it was. Highly highly recommended

Sent on 03/13/2018

Karen · Married on 02/24/2018

We loved our wedding cake from Tupelo's! When I started looking at wedding cakes, I was disappointed to find that a lot of bakeries won't use cream cheese frosting on wedding cakes. My wedding planner suggested Tupelo's and we knew as soon as we tasted the first bite that it was the cake for us! I had originally asked Kim if she offered a cinnamon flavored cake since I love cinnamon buns and wanted my wedding cake to reflect those flavors. She didn't, but offered to make a cinnamon cream cheese filling to pair with her vanilla cake and cream cheese frosting. It was absolutely amazing and all of our guests loved it too! Kim is so nice and easy to work with. Great customer service, great cakes, you can't go wrong with Tupelo's Bakery!

Sent on 04/01/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 04/09/2017

Kim and Tupelo's are absolutely amazing! The gluten free cake that we had made was fantastic and everyone at our wedding loved it and couldn't tell that it was gluten free! Kim was very friendly and always responded to any questions quickly. The cake looked beautiful and was better than I had imagined!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Cara · Married on 04/01/2017

I can NOT say enough amazing things about Kim and Tupelo's! Very affordable compared to most bakeries in town and absolutely delicious! We opted for a smaller cake and a variety of flavors of cupcakes and my husband wanted a cookie cake as his groom's cake. When I walked into the reception and saw everything set up I was absolutely thrilled! You can tell that Kim puts heart into making your wedding cake perfect!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Erica · Married on 02/18/2017

Delicious cake and beautifully created! Highly recommend Kim, she does a great job!!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Janet · Married on 10/01/2016

Best cakes in the world! People are still raving about my cakes! I had a carrot cake with buttercream icing as my wedding cake and a chocolate with cream cheese icing for my grooms cake. They were both so moist and so delicious! The price was so reasonable too...better than any of the other places I was looking into as well..and those places weren't organic. Kim was so wonderful! Thank you Tupelo's Bakery & Cafe!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Heather · Married on 10/17/2015

Tupelo's Bakery and Kim were amazing!! From the beginning, Kim was so easy to work with. At our cake testing, she provided samples that helped guide us - some of the flavors I would never have thought of but they were perfect together. Although I wasn't sure about the specific design for our wedding cake, Kim was able to take our theme and translate it into a stunning cake that not only fit but was insanely delicious. She was even able to add a small ninja turtle peeking out from the bottom layer - a nod to my new husband and his love for TMNT from childhood. Guests haven't stopped talking about the wedding and groom's cake! Thank you Tupelo's Bakery!!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Marsha · Married on 10/03/2015

My now daughter-in-law had a bad experience with another wedding cake vendor at the cake tasting ( only gave her 1 cake to taste & other issues). I suggested Kim at Tupelos Bakery. My son & now daughter-in-law met with Kim & the cakes were so good at the cake tasting that they couldn't decide on one so they did 3 different layers on wedding cake ( red velvet one layer,vanilla,next layer, & a chocolate layer). My son wanted the hummingbird cake for the groom's cake (there was none left of it). We had out of town guests asking who made the cakes because they said it was so good.The price was very reasonable. Kim did a fantastic job decorating both cakes. Kim is so easy to work with. She will try to do anything for you. Try Tupelos ...they have awesome lunches & baked goods!! I myself didn't have a contract but my son & his now wife did.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Allison · Married on 05/24/2015

This was seriously the best cake I have ever had! All of our guests commented on how amazing the cake was... My father had 3 pieces! We can't wait to get another cake from them!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Megan · Married on 11/01/2014

My fiancé and I both hate wedding cake and traditional frosting- so we went to Tupelo's at the suggestion of our wedding planner. We asked for a "naked cake" design- which Kim had never done- and we are STILL getting compliments that we had the most beautiful, delicious wedding cake anyone had ever had! All the ingredients are organic and local, and Kim was such a pleasure to work with. She even whipped up 10 dozen mini pies as favors for my guests at the last minute ( everyone loved them!) I would definitely recommend Tupelo's for any special event cake!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Ashlyn · Married on 05/31/2014

My cake was absolutely gorgeous- I can't say enough about how wonderful it turned out. We were an out of town couple, and had 1 meeting- she was able to know exactly what we wanted and executed it perfectly. She wanted for everything to be just right and I got really busy with work the week before my wedding, and finally left her a frantic message to just pick a color without my exact input (I forgot to mail her the ribbon color)- and it turned out great, exactly the color I tried to describe on the phone. Pricing was great- didn't feel nickeled and dimed for every design element, pricing was based off servings- we hadn't seen that with other bakers were had met with. And she finished the design at the venue- it was great to see her again the day of working away on our cake, and seeing it come together. We hope to visit her again for some yummy cupcakes as a reminder of our wedding day in years to come.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Melanie · Married on 03/29/2014

Tupelo's is fabulous, my cake was gorgeous and actually tasted as good as it looked! I had at least 15 people come ask me where the cake was from on my wedding day! Kim was so easy to work with, and gave me exactly what I wanted. I couldn't have be happier with Tupelo's and recommend them to all brides!!

Sent on 04/15/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 10/05/2013

Our wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous and it was everything I could have ever dreamed of. Not to mention that it was absolutely delicious! It was so moist and rich. And our groom’s cake was AWESOME! It was a work of art. Everyone was talking about it after the wedding. Tupelo's is very processional and reasonably priced. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Amber · Married on 03/24/2012

Tupelos is all organic and absolutely delicious! Usually wedding cake doesnt get eaten...we didnt have any left over the next day! Our bottom layer way carrot cake ( and I usually dont even like carrot cake!) and our top was layered with chocolate and italian cream cake. Kim did an awesome job - it looked beautiful and tasted better than it looked! Thank you, Tupelos!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Dana · Married on 08/11/2018

Beautiful cake, with decor taken straight from the spines of the books we used as decor!

Sent on 08/30/2018