Trung Hoang Photography Reviews

Trung Hoang Photography 5
Trung Hoang Photography 6
Trung Hoang Photography 7

Jaime Redfern · Married on 07/20/2019

Perfect Photos for the Perfect Day!

One of the best choices of our wedding was that we had Trung as our photographer. From day 1 when we met to talk about photography packages, we knew Trung was the perfect person for the job. My husband and I felt comfortable and supported throughout the process. This is something that was extremely important to me. I needed someone I could trust to be in my personal bubble for many hours that day. Trung exudes a confidence that was crucial for our time frame and our to do list. We chose the two-photographer package and it was perfect for what we wanted. The flexibility to be in two places at once is a must, I highly recommend this if you want to cover all the formal and candid moments of your wedding. Trung was able to completely focus on us, our family and wedding party; at the same time, we felt happy knowing our guests and the little details were getting captured as well. Now for the photos - they are INCREDIBLE! I love Trung's photography style. We are so grateful to Trung and how he captured us on one of the most important days of our lives.

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Miriam

Miriam · Married on 07/14/2019

Couldn't be happier - do yourself a favor and hire Trung!

We were thrilled with Trung throughout the entire process - from planning to the day-of to the final products. He really shined on our wedding day. He was fun and personable, which helped put everyone at ease. He was able to make the family photos happen quickly and they looked great. He and his second shooter managed to be everywhere during the wedding while blending in seamlessly.

He turned the final photos around quickly and they are wonderful. His online albums are nicely organized. It's easy to access and share the photos. He took a great mix of portraits (that don't look too fake/posed) and candids. And, his prices are reasonable in the scheme of Bay Area photographers - and the quality of his work far exceeded what we saw from more expensive photographers. He exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Susan Kim · Married on 06/03/2019

Amazing Photos

The husband and I decided to elope at SF city hall and booked Trung to take some simple shots for us and we could not be more happy with the photos we've just received! Everything worked out perfectly. Trung was easy to book, answered all of my questions in a timely manner, came to the shoot on time, and captured BEAUTIFUL moments of the day. The fact that he had previous experience at city hall was a huge plus. Best of all he's got you covered if you're not great at posing/taking pictures like me. THANK YOU Trung for your amazing service, the husband and I will cherish these pictures forever!

Sent on 06/20/2019
    Trung Hoang Photography 8
    Trung Hoang Photography 9
    Trung Hoang Photography 10

Thu Tran · Married on 06/01/2019

Breathtaking photos

Photography was one of those vendors that we had to tirelessly sift through and consider. We are so lucky to have found Trung because he truly delivered on the best photos. He is super easy going and got my husband and me to look so effortless which I know wasn't an easy feat. We were shy in front of cameras and didn't know how to look pretty or natural. Luckily, he brought the beauty out of us. His pictures were so amazing that and I loved how professional he was with us and with our family. He was super quick on getting photos back to us too! The next day, we got several sneak peeks. Then within a month, we got our entire photos! We love them and we are so thankful to be working with him. You can look through his portfolio and see the types of photos he delivers. They are literally works that could be in magazines!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Trung Hoang Photography 11
    Trung Hoang Photography 12
    Trung Hoang Photography 13
    Trung Hoang Photography 14

Emily Huffman · Married on 03/14/2019

Wedding photos

He did an amazing job, we absolutely loved how our wedding photos turned out! Couldn’t be more happy with his work!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Jeffrey

Jeffrey Kang · Married on 01/05/2019

A communicative & capable professional!

Trung was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Besides the incredible photos he provided in a timely manner (more on that below), he was also consistently communicative and present: having him at our wedding helped keep us comfortable throughout the day. Weeks, days, and hours before the wedding, Trung coordinated where/when to meet, helped iron out plans in case of rain, helped us pick out venues to take photos in, etc.

He captured beautiful, candid moments but also provided enough structure to get all the photos of our families and friends that we wanted. It was the perfect balance of staging and capturing genuine moments. He made sure to get the required staged family photos but also turned our quirkiness into some of our favorite photos (like when we unexpectedly came across a vending machine). He and Julie were always there when we wanted a photo, but never in the way—they only ever added to our day.

And, of course, the photos they took were beautiful—consistent in quality but with a variety of styles and effects. They took a stormy and rainy day and somehow made it romantic and intimate. They scoped out the best tiny spots of the venue before the day--spots that we hadn't seen even having visited multiple times! But more than that, they captured the feel of our wedding perfectly. It was chaos, hilarity, and love; that was all captured in the story of photos Trung sent us!

Sent on 03/13/2019
    Trung Hoang Photography 15
    Trung Hoang Photography 16
    Trung Hoang Photography 17
    Trung Hoang Photography 18
    Trung Hoang Photography 19
    Trung Hoang Photography 20

Victor · Married on 12/01/2018

Super responsive, professional, goes above and beyond.

Trung and his second shooter, Julie, are the BEST! He photographed our wedding at The Presidio in San Francisco in December 2018 and we could not be happier with the way the photos came out. From the moment we reached out to Trung to when we received our photos, we got the absolute best services. Trung went above and beyond! He is super responsive, professional and an awesome guy to hang out with. The looks and locations Trung scoped out were the most amazing, beautiful area for us to have our photos taken. Don't hesitate to work with Trung, he is seriously worth it!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Clarissa · Married on 11/10/2018

Couldn't have asked for better!

Wow, wow wow! We chose Trung for our photographer because we had a venue we loved and wanted to capture. He does AMAZING space shots as well as equally amazing portraits and details shots. He creates beautifully arranged photos and captures the candid moments in artful ways. His eye for capturing a moment was truly awe-inspiring looking at the photos. I absolutely love his work, and his personality. He is so easy going, but can corral a big group together! Everyone we have shown the photos to think they are magazine worthy, and let me tell you, my husband and I are not always the most photogenic. Yet, he made us so. He had the photos back to us so quickly as well! He provided us with three sneak peaks photos THE NEXT MORNING. We woke up, and had these amazing photos to view. I highly recommend them as a photographer for any occasion.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Trung Hoang Photography's reply:

Thank you again so much for having me! It was such a beautiful and fun and love-filled day. It was absolute pleasure to be a part of it. You two, and your wonderful friends and family, are absolutely magazine worthy! And don't get me started on the incredible design put together by you and Christine. Thank you again!

Cait S. · Married on 10/20/2018

Fabulous Wedding Photographer!

Having Trung as our wedding photographer was a great life decision. He is fabulous! My husband and I were really excited about him because we loved the way he caught such beautiful, candid moments in all of his example galleries. He did not disappoint - I don't know how he managed to be everywhere at once, but he captured some moments that we will treasure forever. Not only was he incredibly professional, timely, and detailed-oriented throughout the planning process, he is an absolute pleasure to be around. I know now how important that really is, because the photographer ends up spending a lot of time with the bride and groom. He sent over several photos for us to enjoy the very next day, which definitely held us over until we the complete photo library within a few weeks! Our wedding party and family couldn't say enough nice things about him. We are so grateful!

Sent on 03/09/2019

Eunji Noh · Married on 09/15/2018

Best wedding photographer ever!!!!!!

Trung and Julie are hands down the best wedding photographer you will ever find.
    First, they are just super nice and easy going people. Me and my husband both felt so comfortable around them and it almost felt like we were close friends by the end of the wedding. Trung and Julie helped out not only the photos but even some other parts like when my husband was struggling with his bow tie, etc.
    Second, the quality of the photo is absolutely the best. Trung and Julie knew what part of the venue, what time of the day or what pose would be good and helped us got the best looking photos. They will make sure you look the best and capture the best moment without making you feel awkward or stressed. I was excited when I saw Trung's portfolio on his website cause he has absolutely amazing aesthetic sense but our whole photos even came out better and I can't stop looking at them!! Third, the whole process and service was stress-free and smooth. He would save you from having to go through photos and classify them or print them. He shared a couple of the best photos right after the wedding so we were able to share with friends and family. I also loved his service with how he categorized all the photos by different themes (e.g. getting ready, reception, dance etc) so it was easy to look through and also it was very easy to share with family and friends too. How you get original photos, print ones and albums were all very easy. Also I need to tell you he was very responsive entire process and was very open even with my stupid questions, etc.
    I can't thank enough to Trung and Julie for capturing our special day with beautiful photos and making everything so easy and smooth. I would 200% recommend them to anyone who is getting married. It almost feels like my review does not do justice to what we got from them cause they were so GOOD! Just hire Trung and Julie and you will never regret.

Sent on 10/28/2018

My · Married on 08/22/2018

We booked Trung as our photographer for an outdoor engagement photoshoot & for our SF city hall civil ceremony. We are very satisfied with his amazing photos.

Trung is a talented and professional photographer. He gave us clear instructions on how we should pose for photos made us feel very comfortable during the photoshoots.

I’d highly recommend Trung as your wedding photographer.

Sent on 09/22/2018
    Trung Hoang Photography 21
    Trung Hoang Photography 22
    Trung Hoang Photography 23

Alice · Married on 06/15/2018

Trung was an amazing photographer! He was very flexible (even when we changed the location of our first look on the morning of our wedding) and made us feel relaxed. He did a great job posing us for our first look shoot and was also able to capture lots of candid moments throughout the day. That was really important to us- that he capture the energy of the day. And he definitely did! We didn't even notice him most of the time but he managed to capture all of the special moments of our day. He emailed us a link to all of the photos exactly a month after the wedding and we couldn't be more happy with the photos he provided. In addition, a few weeks later we received a lovely box in the mail with 100+ photos printed for us. This was a total surprise to us, as we hadn't ordered any, and was a very sweet gesture. In sum, Trung is a great photographer and a wonderful person to work with!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Max · Married on 05/24/2018

Trung was amazing, attentive, fun to work with and extremely professional. We can't recommend him enough and his pictures were fantastic. Not only did he give us great book options but also sent us a USB stick and a full run of the pictures. Trung's work was on point and couldn't have captured our wedding any better!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Jose · Married on 11/17/2017

This review is long over due! I hired Trung to be my photographer for my wedding at the Presidio Golf Course in San Francisco. For a day that is usually stressful for the bride & groom thinking of things that could go wrong, it was a relief that by hiring Trung, photography turned out to be completely stress-free. There was absolutely no need to wait on Trung to arrive at the venue as he was already there when we showed up to take pre-wedding pictures at our agreed upon time. He took hundreds of varied pictures of ourselves and our friends/family throughout the ceremony/wedding reception and really captured the moments that mattered. Trung mastered the art of blending in as well as I rarely noticed when he was taking pictures! I also have to note that Trung stayed a little bit extra than our contracted time due to our cake cutting session running behind schedule but he was such a good sport about it. Overall, I was impressed with Trung's professionalism and quality of work; I would highly recommend using him for weddings or any occasion for that matter.

Sent on 08/18/2018
    Trung Hoang Photography 30
    Trung Hoang Photography 31
    Trung Hoang Photography 32

Lisa · Married on 10/07/2017

Trung was my favorite wedding vendor. He was responsive, professional, and super easy to work with. He anticipated all my needs and offered to help look at my day-of timeline. He and Julie were a great pair, getting all the important shots in and making everyone feel comfortable. He was ahead of his own deadlines for getting us the edited photos and helping us with our albums. The photographs were gorgeous and we're so happy we worked with Trung. He was worth every dollar!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Meghan · Married on 07/15/2017

We absolutely loved how our wedding photos came out! Trung did a great job and was very professional. He asked for a list of our must have family and friends photos beforehand, and also helped a little with our day of schedule which we appreciated! He captured all the important moments and we love his style. We would definitely recommend him to other brides and grooms!

Sent on 03/30/2018

May · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I are so happy we chose to have Trung photograph our wedding. Since we live far away from our wedding venue, Trung was able to work with us over the phone and via email, and meet with us when we could travel closer to the venue. He is a true professional, is able to adapt, and is an overall nice guy. He did a wonderful job capturing all the moments of our wedding and we love the results!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/08/2017

Trung is amazing! I found him on Instagram and his photos were beautiful! His style of photography was just what I was looking for. He's such a great guy. Easy to work with and took amazing photos of our engagement session with our 2 boys. Trung you are the best! Thank you!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Kristen · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I struck gold when we found Trung!!! He did our engagement photos back in February. His laid back yet professional personality made us feel comfortable in front of the camera! The pictures were amazing and we constantly get compliments on them. He just photographed our wedding this month and we were once again impressed with his services. Him and Julie were timely and professional through-out the night. They never got in the way of the events happening, yet captured every minute! From the fine details, to the true candid smiles ...they photographed it all! Our wedding party felt comfortable and had fun with him too, and he somehow captured the perfect group photos of our wild bunch! He had a quick turnaround time when sending the final photos back and we are amazed at the quality and excited to have these pictures for a lifetime. Thank you Trung and Julie! We will be using Trung for future shoots and highly recommend him if you are searching for a fun, talented photographer!

Sent on 10/18/2016
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 08/27/2016

Trung was everything we could have asked for in our wedding photographer! Very organized, communicative, easy-going, and amazing at what he does. Thank you, Trung!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Sara · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband and I are so happy we hired Trung and Julie to photograph our wedding. They did exactly what I was hoping to get from our wedding photos - they perfectly captured the joy that permeated our wedding day. Trung and Julie are both extremely professional, polite, funny, efficient, competent, creative, and excellent at making themselves unnoticed during candid shots. They skillfully fulfilled all of my requests for specific photos. Trung delivered 1000 photos from 10 hours of coverage, and it's been really difficult paring the full set down to our favorites for a photo album. If you're looking for a photojournalistic approach with a flair for creativity, you won't regret hiring Trung as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Amber · Married on 07/23/2016

Trung was an amazing photographer and professional. He truly is an artist in what he does. He was fun, great at directing, and very personable. he listened to what we wanted for our pictures and went beyond our expectations. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/09/2016
  • Private User

truc · Married on 05/14/2016

Trung Hoang was our photographer and my husband and I are extremely pleased with the photos Trung took at our wedding in May.

We loved his portfolio and his style of photography (more photojournalism rather than overly posed) and knew that we wanted a photographer who could capture all the little details that we were going to miss while we ran around with all the various wedding activities that needed our attention that day. We were even more sure after meeting Trung and found him easy to talk to, fun, and laid back and got a chance to see more samples of a full wedding shoot and his printed books (very nice quality).

On the day of our wedding we had Trung and Julie, his second shooter, booked for ten hours and they worked hard the entire time. Trung managed to find the perfect backdrops for our first look and other portraits we took throughout the day. Some of our portraits are along a busy walkway but you can't tell at all by the way he framed the shots.

Trung delivered photos quickly and sent us a nice package with a flash drive, a framed portrait of us, and a small box of printed photos. We plan on having Trung put together a book for us (a few copies will make great gifts for the parents) and he provided a proof very quickly.

We have nothing but praise for Trung Hoang Photography and definitely recommend him to any couple looking for a wedding photographer in the Bay Area or beyond (he has great travel/landscape photos too!).

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • User6521933 · 2+ years ago

Trung did photography for our wedding, and I can't recommend him enough. He was friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, and super affordable. He brought along an assistant at no extra cost, gifted us with high quality prints, and was just great to work with. We purchased photo books and albums; they were well designed and well made. Just a great experience.

Sent on 03/25/2016