Trung Hoang Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Jessica W. Getting married on 10/08/2021

Very Pleased with our photos!

My husband and I had a small outdoor wedding ceremony and asked Trung to be our photographer. He was easy and flexible to work with despite changing plans because of COVID-19. He made taking the pictures fun and they came out beautifully! The process of getting the photos after the ceremony was simple and fast, and he makes it very easy to order the prints that we wanted! We highly recommend him.
    Thao Married on 07/10/2021

Simply the Best

Trung is a complete professional who is so easy to work with and got along with everyone at our wedding. Fun fact, I found Trung through Reddit and I am so happy I did. We originally hired him to shoot our wedding for 2020 and when COVID changed our plans he ended up doing our elopement session as well as our wedding reception a year later.

He is so approachable and down to earth and made us so comfortable. When I told him we wanted to go to 7-11 for our elopement he took it up a notch and suggested the Taco Bell in Pacifica because if we're gonna have fun with it, why not go all the way. Him and his wife, Julie, shot our reception and my family absolutely adored them. We love all of our photos and truly feel so grateful to him for helping us remember our wedding days so fondly.

TLDR; hire him and you won't be disappointed!
    Joanna N. Married on 06/12/2021

Trung is fabulous!

Our daughter and her fiance chose Trung as the photographer for their wedding this past June. WOW!!! Trung is amazing, both with his photography skills and his personal interface. His pictures were stunning. Amazing. Thoughtful. Romantic. How many adjectives do I get? :-) He caught some unexpected candid moments and had some wonderfully framed pictures. He interacted with the families and guests so well! Very easy going and made everyone feel comfortable and not forced in the group pics. Early in the planning, he urged us to take sunset pictures. His great experience with this type of photo left us with some gorgeous, jaw dropping shots of the bride and groom.
    We were hire him again, with no reservations. He is a true gem and all around great guy too! Hats off to Trung.
  • David
    David C. Married on 02/10/2021

Calm and Comforting

Trung was an amazing photographer to work with, and the easiest of our vendors to work with. He and his wife, who typically shoots with Trung, came to the venue to tour it with us and get a feel for the area. His communication and organization are top notch. Most importantly for my wife who is camera-shy, Trung is great at making people feel comfortable around a camera, and directing poses and looks that he thought would be nice.

As a hobbyist photographer, some things I really appreciated about him are he is someone who is completely ok with you taking the digital files he gives you and editing them yourself, which some photographers do not allow. He also takes amazing landscape photos, and brings those skills and artistic sensibilities into his editing and wedding photography.

Other things about Trung:
    1) Punctual
    2) Flexible (our wedding ended up running behind and suffered a blackout at the venue, both of which he took in stride)
    3) Captures great photos, posed and candid!

My wife and I would hire Trung again in a heartbeat!
    Mary Married on 11/20/2020

Got some great pictures!

Trung was a fantastic photographer! He was easygoing and easy to talk with. My husband was a bit nervous but Trung made him laugh and indeed we got some great shots! We both enjoyed our photos, and it also came on the timely manner. We highly recommend Trung for his professionalism and amazing shots!
  • Nataša
    Nataša I. Married on 08/21/2020

Fabulous Wedding Photographer!

We choose Trung for our special day of the wedding at Allied Arts Guild, in Menlo Park. We had a small intimate wedding ceremony. Trung took each precious moment and captured it in time for us to save and cherish it forever.

Trung is incredibly talented, and his photos are authentic, romantic, impressive and just fabulous.
    His work speaks for itself. I have some photos uploaded. But let me talk about how easy and memorable it was to work with Trung.
    He makes you feel at ease and comfortable during your session, you completely feel you can be yourselves!
    He put so much effort into making us feel relaxed and making memories all while capturing beautiful photos!
    With a unique photo style, every moment is so accurately expressed, the love and passion he captures in his art is so incredibly amazing.
    Trung is fine art style of photography that really makes you feel all kinds of great emotions!
    He is very creative and knows how to direct you without making you feel awkward or uncomfortable. Our session with him was light and fun, and most importantly, personal!

We loved all the photos that came back to us! He was super quick in his responses and very helpful and informative.
    We couldn’t be happier with how our photographs turned out!

We were very fortunate to work with Trung!
    We would highly recommend him!
    10/10 recommend!

Natasha&Vladimir
    Bethany H. Married on 10/18/2019

City Hall Wedding

Trung exceeded our expectations for a photographer. My now husband and I opted for a very low key wedding at SF City Hall, but wanted to have nice photos to remember the day.

We “splurged” on getting a professional photographer, but really we got an outstanding deal for the quality and professionalism delivered.

Trung knew exactly where to have us stand for optimal lighting, and how to have us pose while still looking natural. Since he’s had experience with city hall weddings, he helped walk us through the process and where to go. He also stretched the amount of time to more than what we agreed on to ensure we got all the photos we wanted with our families.

Overall, 10/10 experience; would recommend to anyone!
  • Andrea
    Andrea Married on 09/28/2019

Incredible

Trung is incredible! He is extremely professional and personable. He responded to all e-mails in a timely manner and took the time to discuss things with us and give advice. He has been a joy to work with before, during, and after the wedding. Also, all of the family loved him. I have received multiple phone calls from aunts and grandparents about how great Trung was. Not only was he a pleasure to work with, all of our photographs are beautiful. My husband and I are not photogenic and Trung took the time to get the posing and lighting just right. I look forward to enjoying these photos in the years to come.
  • Michelle
    Michelle L. Married on 09/27/2019

Super talented, professional, and fun wedding photographer!

We worked with Trung for both our engagement photos and for the day of the wedding, and we could not recommend him enough. Our photos were beautiful, and looked very natural and not overly posed, and really captured the raw energy and emotions of our guests that day. Aside from taking great photos, Trung is always going above and beyond expectations with great attention to detail. We didn’t have a day of coordinator, and Trung didn’t hesitate to jump in as needed during the day to help us usher folks into the reception room, etc. to help the day go by smoothly! He made everyone feel comfortable and our friends and family loved working with him. We got sneak peek photos the very next day, and the full set was delivered in under 4 weeks, where he took extra care to make sure they landed in our inboxes just hours before we landed from our return flight at the end of our honeymoon. Overall just a super professional, fun, thoughtful, and talented photographer that you won’t regret hiring!
    Jaime R. Married on 07/20/2019

Perfect Photos for the Perfect Day!

One of the best choices of our wedding was that we had Trung as our photographer. From day 1 when we met to talk about photography packages, we knew Trung was the perfect person for the job. My husband and I felt comfortable and supported throughout the process. This is something that was extremely important to me. I needed someone I could trust to be in my personal bubble for many hours that day. Trung exudes a confidence that was crucial for our time frame and our to do list. We chose the two-photographer package and it was perfect for what we wanted. The flexibility to be in two places at once is a must, I highly recommend this if you want to cover all the formal and candid moments of your wedding. Trung was able to completely focus on us, our family and wedding party; at the same time, we felt happy knowing our guests and the little details were getting captured as well. Now for the photos - they are INCREDIBLE! I love Trung's photography style. We are so grateful to Trung and how he captured us on one of the most important days of our lives.
  • Miriam
    Miriam Married on 07/14/2019

Couldn't be happier - do yourself a favor and hire Trung!

We were thrilled with Trung throughout the entire process - from planning to the day-of to the final products. He really shined on our wedding day. He was fun and personable, which helped put everyone at ease. He was able to make the family photos happen quickly and they looked great. He and his second shooter managed to be everywhere during the wedding while blending in seamlessly.

He turned the final photos around quickly and they are wonderful. His online albums are nicely organized. It's easy to access and share the photos. He took a great mix of portraits (that don't look too fake/posed) and candids. And, his prices are reasonable in the scheme of Bay Area photographers - and the quality of his work far exceeded what we saw from more expensive photographers. He exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend him!
    Susan K. Married on 06/03/2019

Amazing Photos

The husband and I decided to elope at SF city hall and booked Trung to take some simple shots for us and we could not be more happy with the photos we've just received! Everything worked out perfectly. Trung was easy to book, answered all of my questions in a timely manner, came to the shoot on time, and captured BEAUTIFUL moments of the day. The fact that he had previous experience at city hall was a huge plus. Best of all he's got you covered if you're not great at posing/taking pictures like me. THANK YOU Trung for your amazing service, the husband and I will cherish these pictures forever!
    Thu T. Married on 06/01/2019

Breathtaking photos

Photography was one of those vendors that we had to tirelessly sift through and consider. We are so lucky to have found Trung because he truly delivered on the best photos. He is super easy going and got my husband and me to look so effortless which I know wasn't an easy feat. We were shy in front of cameras and didn't know how to look pretty or natural. Luckily, he brought the beauty out of us. His pictures were so amazing that and I loved how professional he was with us and with our family. He was super quick on getting photos back to us too! The next day, we got several sneak peeks. Then within a month, we got our entire photos! We love them and we are so thankful to be working with him. You can look through his portfolio and see the types of photos he delivers. They are literally works that could be in magazines!
    Emily H. Married on 03/14/2019

Wedding photos

He did an amazing job, we absolutely loved how our wedding photos turned out! Couldn’t be more happy with his work!
    Rachel Married on 03/02/2019

Easy and Beautiful

Trung was such a wonderful photographer! I made sure to let him know what photos I wanted to get and he made it happen. At one point it started drizzling harder and we were able to move so quickly through the family photos and got each combination we were hoping for. He helped wrangle our large bridal party (10 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen and a flower girl) and truly helped make our day special. He and his partner captured such beautiful moments that we will cherish forever! Definitely recommend!!
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey K. Married on 01/05/2019

A communicative & capable professional!

Trung was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Besides the incredible photos he provided in a timely manner (more on that below), he was also consistently communicative and present: having him at our wedding helped keep us comfortable throughout the day. Weeks, days, and hours before the wedding, Trung coordinated where/when to meet, helped iron out plans in case of rain, helped us pick out venues to take photos in, etc.

He captured beautiful, candid moments but also provided enough structure to get all the photos of our families and friends that we wanted. It was the perfect balance of staging and capturing genuine moments. He made sure to get the required staged family photos but also turned our quirkiness into some of our favorite photos (like when we unexpectedly came across a vending machine). He and Julie were always there when we wanted a photo, but never in the way—they only ever added to our day.

And, of course, the photos they took were beautiful—consistent in quality but with a variety of styles and effects. They took a stormy and rainy day and somehow made it romantic and intimate. They scoped out the best tiny spots of the venue before the day--spots that we hadn't seen even having visited multiple times! But more than that, they captured the feel of our wedding perfectly. It was chaos, hilarity, and love; that was all captured in the story of photos Trung sent us!
    Victor Married on 12/01/2018

Super responsive, professional, goes above and beyond.

Trung and his second shooter, Julie, are the BEST! He photographed our wedding at The Presidio in San Francisco in December 2018 and we could not be happier with the way the photos came out. From the moment we reached out to Trung to when we received our photos, we got the absolute best services. Trung went above and beyond! He is super responsive, professional and an awesome guy to hang out with. The looks and locations Trung scoped out were the most amazing, beautiful area for us to have our photos taken. Don't hesitate to work with Trung, he is seriously worth it!
    Clarissa Married on 11/10/2018

Couldn't have asked for better!

Wow, wow wow! We chose Trung for our photographer because we had a venue we loved and wanted to capture. He does AMAZING space shots as well as equally amazing portraits and details shots. He creates beautifully arranged photos and captures the candid moments in artful ways. His eye for capturing a moment was truly awe-inspiring looking at the photos. I absolutely love his work, and his personality. He is so easy going, but can corral a big group together! Everyone we have shown the photos to think they are magazine worthy, and let me tell you, my husband and I are not always the most photogenic. Yet, he made us so. He had the photos back to us so quickly as well! He provided us with three sneak peaks photos THE NEXT MORNING. We woke up, and had these amazing photos to view. I highly recommend them as a photographer for any occasion.

Trung Hoang Photography's reply:

Thank you again so much for having me! It was such a beautiful and fun and love-filled day. It was absolute pleasure to be a part of it. You two, and your wonderful friends and family, are absolutely magazine worthy! And don't get me started on the incredible design put together by you and Christine. Thank you again!
    Cait Married on 10/20/2018

Fabulous Wedding Photographer!

Having Trung as our wedding photographer was a great life decision. He is fabulous! My husband and I were really excited about him because we loved the way he caught such beautiful, candid moments in all of his example galleries. He did not disappoint - I don't know how he managed to be everywhere at once, but he captured some moments that we will treasure forever. Not only was he incredibly professional, timely, and detailed-oriented throughout the planning process, he is an absolute pleasure to be around. I know now how important that really is, because the photographer ends up spending a lot of time with the bride and groom. He sent over several photos for us to enjoy the very next day, which definitely held us over until we the complete photo library within a few weeks! Our wedding party and family couldn't say enough nice things about him. We are so grateful!
    Eunji N. Married on 09/15/2018

Best wedding photographer ever!!!!!!

Trung and Julie are hands down the best wedding photographer you will ever find.
    First, they are just super nice and easy going people. Me and my husband both felt so comfortable around them and it almost felt like we were close friends by the end of the wedding. Trung and Julie helped out not only the photos but even some other parts like when my husband was struggling with his bow tie, etc.
    Second, the quality of the photo is absolutely the best. Trung and Julie knew what part of the venue, what time of the day or what pose would be good and helped us got the best looking photos. They will make sure you look the best and capture the best moment without making you feel awkward or stressed. I was excited when I saw Trung's portfolio on his website cause he has absolutely amazing aesthetic sense but our whole photos even came out better and I can't stop looking at them!! Third, the whole process and service was stress-free and smooth. He would save you from having to go through photos and classify them or print them. He shared a couple of the best photos right after the wedding so we were able to share with friends and family. I also loved his service with how he categorized all the photos by different themes (e.g. getting ready, reception, dance etc) so it was easy to look through and also it was very easy to share with family and friends too. How you get original photos, print ones and albums were all very easy. Also I need to tell you he was very responsive entire process and was very open even with my stupid questions, etc.
    I can't thank enough to Trung and Julie for capturing our special day with beautiful photos and making everything so easy and smooth. I would 200% recommend them to anyone who is getting married. It almost feels like my review does not do justice to what we got from them cause they were so GOOD! Just hire Trung and Julie and you will never regret.
    My Married on 08/22/2018
    We booked Trung as our photographer for an outdoor engagement photoshoot & for our SF city hall civil ceremony. We are very satisfied with his amazing photos.

Trung is a talented and professional photographer. He gave us clear instructions on how we should pose for photos made us feel very comfortable during the photoshoots.

I’d highly recommend Trung as your wedding photographer.
    Alice Married on 06/15/2018
    Trung was an amazing photographer! He was very flexible (even when we changed the location of our first look on the morning of our wedding) and made us feel relaxed. He did a great job posing us for our first look shoot and was also able to capture lots of candid moments throughout the day. That was really important to us- that he capture the energy of the day. And he definitely did! We didn't even notice him most of the time but he managed to capture all of the special moments of our day. He emailed us a link to all of the photos exactly a month after the wedding and we couldn't be more happy with the photos he provided. In addition, a few weeks later we received a lovely box in the mail with 100+ photos printed for us. This was a total surprise to us, as we hadn't ordered any, and was a very sweet gesture. In sum, Trung is a great photographer and a wonderful person to work with!
    Max Married on 05/24/2018
    Trung was amazing, attentive, fun to work with and extremely professional. We can't recommend him enough and his pictures were fantastic. Not only did he give us great book options but also sent us a USB stick and a full run of the pictures. Trung's work was on point and couldn't have captured our wedding any better!
    Jose Married on 11/17/2017
    This review is long over due! I hired Trung to be my photographer for my wedding at the Presidio Golf Course in San Francisco. For a day that is usually stressful for the bride & groom thinking of things that could go wrong, it was a relief that by hiring Trung, photography turned out to be completely stress-free. There was absolutely no need to wait on Trung to arrive at the venue as he was already there when we showed up to take pre-wedding pictures at our agreed upon time. He took hundreds of varied pictures of ourselves and our friends/family throughout the ceremony/wedding reception and really captured the moments that mattered. Trung mastered the art of blending in as well as I rarely noticed when he was taking pictures! I also have to note that Trung stayed a little bit extra than our contracted time due to our cake cutting session running behind schedule but he was such a good sport about it. Overall, I was impressed with Trung's professionalism and quality of work; I would highly recommend using him for weddings or any occasion for that matter.
    Joey B. Married on 11/04/2017

Phenomenal

Trung has the talent to turn this incredible day into masterpiece full of creative, timeless moments, and pieces of art you will hang on your walls for life.