Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. Reviews

41 | Sterling, VA

41 Reviews for Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C.

Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 1
Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 7
  • Sum

Sum Dang · Married on 08/10/2019

Sarah was Great!

She was very accommodating with our extra additions to the ceremony. She was also very good at communicating with us throughout the months leading up the wedding. During the wedding day we were worry and stress free because Sarah was making sure everything was going as planned.

From, the Meixner’s! Thank you! We love you!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Hi Sum and Ryan!
    Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day. You were both so wonderful to work with, and we couldn't be happier for you as you start this new journey together!

Anne · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful venue, professional and attentive staff, excellent food and service!

Trump National Golf Club is an absolutely gorgeous venue! Prior to deciding, my husband and I visited nearly every venue in the area - from wineries, hotels, restaurants, country clubs, etc. and were unimpressed. Once we visited the Trump National Golf Club, my husband and I knew that it was THE place for us to have our wedding because of its elegant decor, friendly staff, and the breathtaking view overlooking the Potomac River. We had our cocktail hour outside on the terrace, and the rest of the reception was held inside in the main ballroom, which is adorned with beautiful crystal chandeliers throughout!

The food was amazingly delicious and Sarah, Jenny, and the rest of the staff were extremely accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process! Our family and guests had the most splendid time and still rave about how everything was planned and executed to perfection.

Thank you very much again and we could not have asked for a better team to work with to have our dream wedding at Trump National Golf Club!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Hi Anne and Matt,
    Thank you for the review! You two are both so kind and loving, and it was a pleasure to help make your wedding day one that you will always remember. Hope to see you soon!

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/04/2019

Don't Book Anywhere Else!

I cannot say enough about this venue, the staff, and the overall organization of the events.
    First and foremost, there simply is no venue that compares with this deck, or this view. Simply one of a kind and was the talk of our guests for the whole evening.

I'll start with the planning process. Sarah is absolutely amazing. I emailed her probably 45 thousand times before my event, and each time she replied quickly, and offered multiple suggestions and ideas from weddings prior! This really helped me decide how to best use the spaces. My parents live on the west coast and she was even able to help accommodate an extra visit to the venue while they were in town so they could take a tour as well. She remembers all the little details about you as a couple, and it really lends itself to a personalized experience. We could not have had our day without her!

As for the wedding day, everything flowed perfectly throughout! We even experienced a surprise visit from the President who happened to be playing golf the day of my wedding! It was truly a magical moment and added to the excitement of the day. The wait staff during the reception was amazing, and so efficient that you almost didn't even notice they were there. Absolute perfection. Elegance and harmony are the words that come to mind when I reflect on the day.
    I can without a doubt tell you that if you choose to move forward with this venue, you will have absolutely no regrets!

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 15
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 16
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 17

Hi Kaitlyn!
    Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so happy that you and Logan decided to host your wedding with us! From the moment we met, I knew your wedding was going to be a special one (and not just being of May the Fourth!). We wish you nothing but the best in this next chapter together!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 09/08/2018

The Most Perfect Wedding Venue

On September 8th, we had our wedding reception at Trump National Golf Club. It was as close to perfect as you could get! Our guests were in total awe of the beautiful scenery and accommodations. The staff, including the bartenders and servers, were wonderful, working hard and taking quick actions during the event. Things went so smoothly that you barely even noticed they were there. All of the food and Trump wine was delicious!

Our event coordinator at Trump National, Sarah Lusk, was like a member of the family, guiding us through the obstacles that accompany any wedding. Her calm, supportive demeanor was instrumental to what only can be described as a flawless reception. She went the extra mile to ensure that everything went without a hitch!

I can't imagine that there is any other venue that could compete with Trump National Golf Club for your wedding. If you choose to have your special day there, I guarantee it will be amazing!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Hi Megan,
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It was truly wonderful to be a part of your big day, and I am overjoyed that it truly was the day you'd be dreaming of. Your family and friends were so kind, and so happy to be celebrating such a great couple. Wishing you and Kevin all the best in your lifetime together!!

Warmest regards,

Mary Kay · Married on 07/07/2018

My daughter got married last Saturday July 7, 2018. She was engaged this past December and wanted to get married this summer. It was available! Sarah Lusk was fabulous for a stress free day! She was in charge The place is beautiful. Brooke & Brian had the ceremony on the man-made waterfall with beautiful views. The cocktail hour was on the beautiful stone patio with beautiful river views. The reception was in the ballroom with beautiful chandeliers and wall to wall windows. The food was delicious! For people who didn't care for Trump, they still called the place beautiful! Magical! I highly recommend it and Sarah.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Leslie · Married on 05/19/2018

Perfect evening!

From the moment we walked in to tour the venue, we were absolutely blown away. From the clubhouse to the views of the Potomac River, everything was absolutely beautiful. We signed a contract several months after touring and the event coordinator had switch. Thankfully Sarah was so incredible to work with. She answered all of my questions and had great suggestions. Our wedding day was flawless and we have her and her team to thank for that. Our guest loved the food and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was.

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 18
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 19
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 20
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 21

Jennifer · Married on 01/27/2018

Our wedding hosted at Trump National was a dream come true! The staff was amazing from the first day until the weeks after our wedding! They felt like they were our extended family by the end of the planning process. The team went above and beyond in customizing our menu, to working with our vendors to ensure that every detail was perfect! My husband, parents and I cannot say enough about Sarah, Jim and the entire Trump National staff! I can't wait to plan another event there in the future!

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 29
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 30
    Trump National Golf Club, Washington D.C. 31

Hi Jen,
    We were thrilled to be a part of your wedding day! Looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Jackie · Married on 05/21/2016

3 words: Book Right Now. From the get go, we knew Trump was going to be the place for us. We had looked at about 20 venues before and were about to just give up and elope. Then we found Trump, which we originally stayed away from because we thought it would be too expensive, but it was cheaper than a lot of other places. We originally worked with one coordinator, but while she was great, moved on to bigger and better things. But her replacement, Monica Callan was an absolute gem. She was very accommodating, responsive, and just reassuring overall. So, book because Monica is there. But, that is not all, the food was delicious! My dad's speech went a bit longer than it should have and pushed meal service back by 15 minutes, but the food was still perfectly cooked and hot.
    We only had one snafoo at the wedding, which I consider to be a huge victory. I would book them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Heather · Married on 11/14/2015

The staff at TNGC was exceptional. From our very first visit, Mary Hudgins put us at ease. We knew made an excellent choice to have our wedding here.

Mary took great care in working within our budget and offered lots of options. TNGC has an excellent list of preferred vendors that are extremely knowledgeable in their fields of expertise.

Our day was flawless and our wedding guests are still raving about it. Each person made us feel welcomed and so special. We cannot express how thankful and happy we are with the service and the day we had at Trump. Mary Hudgins and the entire staff at TNGC are top-notch!

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • F

Nancy · Married on 11/01/2015

First thing my husband and I did after we got engaged was picked a venue. We looked at six venues in Northern Virginia and for the best scenery and value Trump National Golf Club was thee one. I immediately fell in love with this venue when I first saw it. It really is a hidden gem and not a lot of people know about it or have been there. The scenery in the Fall from the floor to ceiling ballroom windows overlooking the golf course, waterfall, and Potomac River is just breathtaking! The staff at TNGC were very easy to work with and very accommodating. Jennifer helped me in the beginning with signing the contract and left for maternity leave. Vicky and Mary took over and it was a seamless transition. Mary was also our day of coordinator which I highly recommend. We had about 200 guests and filled the ballroom nicely, it was very comfortable that we could even have 8 instead of 10 chairs to a table. Since my guests were mostly Asian they were reluctant about the food at an American venue but thanks to Chef Jim he made the food with an Asian twist. He even let us sample the steak sauce twice to get the sauce we wanted. The food was delicious and was well liked by our guests. The sea bass with lemon sauce was a hit. One guest even said she's been to a lot of American wedding including her own child's but ours was the most beautiful wedding she's been to and the food was the best!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/24/2015

The Trump National Golf Club, in my view, is a hidden gem among the DC area wedding venues.

Why did I choose this as my venue? I honestly thought it was the only place in the DC area that treated me like a valued customer. I had been to so many windowless ballrooms in the district--determined to find a venue that could host 200 people that also felt like a romantic spot for a wedding. I felt at each of those venues that I was one of a million brides or potential corporate events, whose business meant very little to the event managers. And I was spending all of this money for a basement with the right zip code. Something felt so wrong about that for what is supposed to be the most special day of my young life.

The staff at Trump, particularly Mary Hudgins, the event manager, never made me feel that way. Right from the start, I was a valued client for a place that clearly had phenomenal service to offer me. It was so refreshing.

I felt that my wedding was safe in Mary's hands. I consider myself Type A and able to foresee any difficulties, or plan for every moment of the event. Mary asked all the questions I anticipated and all those I didn't know to ask. She made my now-husband Paul and me feel comfortable and from the moment we met her, we knew the wedding would be a great event, rain or shine.

Cool things: The view from the waterfall patio is unparalleled for a ceremony. The bartender Jerome took my random suggestion for a signature drink I found on serious eats and actually made it! The club drives your guests from the main entrance to the ceremony on golf carts! Beautiful natural light in the reception hall! Delicious food and they cater to multiple diet restrictions. The lounge space in the ballroom makes for a great hang-out for guests who want to socialize away from the craziness of the dance floor. There's really something for everyone here.

The cons: it's far from hotels. We sprung for private transportation for our guests.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Kristen · Married on 08/14/2015

I dont think I can accurately put into words how great our wedding experience was due to this venue and the staff. My husband and I had our wedding here on 8/14/15. After countless visits to other locations and numerous calls, from my first visit to Trump National, I knew right away this was the place I wanted to have our wedding. This venue is absolutely gorgeous!! From the chandeliers in the dinning room, to the waterfall ceremony deck, to the beautiful green course and the Potomac River as background scenery, I was honestly floored by this venue's appearance. Our guests are still talking about our wedding, a month later, stating it was the best wedding they have ever been to.
    Vicky and Mary (event coordinators) were so much fun to work with. They were extremely flexible, professional, attentive and most of all responsive! They relieved so much stress for us in the coordinator process, really being there every step of the way for all of our questions. I would definitely recommend using their preferred vendor list especially for photography! The entire staff was really amazing! The food and service was impeccable and I thought the pricing to hold an event there was extremely reasonable especially compared to some of the DC venues we were considering. I could go on and on about this venue, but in short, I would recommend this venue a million times! If you want a classy and elegant wedding with an unforgettable staff and view, PLEASE go visit Trump National. I am just beyond elated I found this venue. We had a great wedding and it would not have been if not for this staff and venue!

Sent on 09/19/2015

This place is amazing! We visited plenty of venues but once we saw the Trump our minds were made up. We were a little concerned about cost at first, but it was actually right in line with a lot of the other venues in NoVA. When you consider everything the Trump has available/includes that other venues don't have or charge extra for, such as chiavari chairs, votives, colored napkins, chargers, etc, it's actually a great value. Mary and Vicky did a great job helping us plan and coordinating our wedding. They responded to all of our questions and requests quickly and professionally. The food was delicious, the service impeccable, and the views and chandeliers are simply spectacular. We are extremely happy with our wedding and highly recommend you have your wedding at the Trump too!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Randy · Married on 04/24/2015

I can’t say enough good things about Trump and their staff. What an amazing day! We held our wedding on a Friday and as a result the cost was fairly reasonable.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Hayley · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband and I fell in love with Trump National Golf Club after visiting it for the first time during the winter! Even with snow on the grounds it was exquisite and the perfect venue for a wedding. We had our ceremony on the deck, above the waterfalls, overlooking the golf course. Couple a breathtaking location with stellar staff and it's a home run! Vicky Kurasz and Christine Baker were an absolute pleasure to work with. Everything was seamless and they worked extremely hard behind the scenes to ensure everything was in order for an incredible wedding. Our guests raved about this location and the delicious food. You will not be disappointed booking here.

Sent on 01/09/2015

We had our wedding here at the end of September and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! The views here are gorgeous and the service is amazing. Everyone was so sweet and helpful. Jen and Vicky (the day of coordinators) were so on top of everything and definitely knew what they were doing. They made things so easy and provided really helpful advice. The food here is also delicious! This is a perfect venue for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception and our day went so smoothly because of the service here.

Sent on 10/12/2014
  • User4420908 · 2+ years ago

AMAZING does not even begin to describe our wedding at Trump National DC. Obviously the first breath taking feature is the waterfall deck overlooking the golf course. The view and feeling upon standing on the waterfall deck cannot be explained. We were blessed with a gorgeous September fall day. After our ceremony on the deck we moved to the upper patio for cocktail hour. Again another beautiful expansive upper stone patio with beautiful views. From there we moved inside to the ballroom that again we can not explain in words. Unbelievable.......

The venue, coordinators, staff were beyond anything we expected. No detail was left out, no stone was left unturned. The crew here thought out and carried out a wedding for us that left us forever speechless about our wedding day.

We were very skeptical and hesitant on wedding venue dinner course selections and quality. We had been to many high end resort and hotel weddings were the food was good, but nothing to spectacular to leave a lasting impression. NOT HERE, if the views and venue layout was not enough, the food was even more impressive then the views. Starting with the appetizers, our guests nonstop talked about the quality of the appetizers served. Truly delicious, almost a dinner course just by themselves. Then dinner course, wow, wow, wow. Filot mignon and sea bass was like nothing we had ever tasted before.

To top it all, the venue pricing is very reasonable, almost shocking, compared to the caliber of service, quality and WOW factor you get from hosting your wedding here.

Just to think it could not get any better Mr. Donald Trump himself was onsite and took time out to come great us and take pictures with us.

Thank you so much Trump National DC for making our wedding an unbelievable and momentous occasion that forever will stay with us. We truly are left speechless to the magical day Trump National DC created for us.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Sara · Married on 09/20/2014

This is really the PERFECT venue in Northern VA. The views are outstanding, the staff is incredible and we got tons of compliments on the food (always iffy with weddings!). You really can't beat it. Our wedding coordinator was Vicky Kurasz. Vicky and Food & Beverage Director, Christine Baker, did an amazing job keeping things running during the day and making me feel like I had absolutely NOTHING to worry about -- because I didn't, they handled everything! We did our ceremony here and the views from the waterfall deck are the best. The reception area has floor to ceiling windows that are gorgeous and beautiful chandeliers. It is so elegant in there. We had about 200 people and had plenty of space. It is also surprisingly reasonable for what you get for the price. I wish we could get married there all over again!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Lydia · Married on 09/06/2014

I absolutely loved working with Christine and Vikki! They both are fun, down-to-earth, accommodating, and very professional. Christine helped me ease my nerves about the big day by being very responsive, timely, and reassuring by walking me through every step of the process. I knew I was in good hands by having my cocktail hour and wedding reception at Trump. We were able to take gorgeous pictures on the green and breathtaking waterfall and were escorted by cart. All my guests raved about the ballroom and I was beyond impressed with how everything turned out- even the food was a huge hit! I love looking back at my wedding album and videos and reminiscing about this romantic and magical day.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Krissy · Married on 08/15/2014

Vicky Kurasz was my wedding planner at Trump National and she did above and beyond job to make my wedding day SO special! Christine Baker was just as accommodating and made my wedding day perfect. The entire staff made my day so smooth and perfect I could have not asked for anything better! They went out of their way to make sure my husband and I were happy and met all of our expectations and more! ALL of my guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and that Trump did an excellent job of ensuring that everything was done within our timeline. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to all soon to be brides! Most of my guests didn’t even know that this beautiful WATERFALL wedding venue existed and were blown away by how beautiful it was!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Truly a hidden gem! This venue is beautiful in every possible way. We wanted to find a venue that "spoke" to my husband and me, and Trump National Golf Club fit that perfectly! Elements of the outdoors - nature, Potomac River, waterfall, etc. and a reception hall with floor to ceiling windows was exactly what we hoped for. Our dual ceremony was held on the waterfall grounds, cocktail hour on the top terrace outdoors and reception indoors in the stunning ballroom!

Thanks to Jen Reeves (wedding coordinator) our wedding was one to remember. She was patient, flexible and a joy to work with. I can't say enough about her. Thank you to Jen and everyone at Trump National Golf Club for our special day... one we truly will remember forever!

For future brides, we guarantee you will fall in love with this venue!!!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/17/2014

Trump National Golf Club was a wonderful venue to have our wedding, both ceremony and reception! The staff at Trump is very professional and Jen Reeves was a pleasure to work with. The venue itself is beautiful but Jen and the Trump staff really made the event go very smoothly. The food was also very good! People are still raving about how good the reception food was. I would absolutely recommend Trump National Golf Club as an amazing venue to have your wedding - your pictures will turn out beautifully!

Sent on 06/13/2014
  • W

Wayne · Married on 09/14/2013

Trump National was first class in everything they did to support our daughter's wedding. Jen Reeves really knows her craft and guided us through the entire process. From the first time we visited the Golf Club Jen and her team were totally responsive, friendly and professional. They treated us as valued customers and took a genuine interest in our wedding ceremony and reception. Kudos to Jen and her team for a job well done!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Trump National was the perfect venue for my wedding. The waterfall overlooking the golf course and the Potomac was a beautiful backdrop for our wedding. Our guests keep telling us how beautiful our wedding was. Jen and Sloane helped me with everything throughout the wedding planning process. They made sure we had thought of all the necessary details and they provided their experiences to assist me in making decisions. I did not have any worries during the day of our wedding because I knew they were taking care of everything. I would recommend Trump National to anyone as a great venue to have a wedding!!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Just an outstanding venue! Beautiful space, attentive, professional staff, delicious food, superb service.
    Jennifer and her team were incredible. I felt confident that everything would run smoothly and it did.
    Everything about Trump exceeded my expectations. Thrilled with my experience!

Sent on 09/27/2013