Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles Reviews

1 User photo

• Carclea

Carclea · Married on 11/18/2018

Wonderful experience!!!

Monika Wotherspoon is the Senior Catering and Special Events Manager at Trump National Golf Club. More than the beautiful view, the beautiful set-up for our reception and the delicious food, she made our special day just perfect.
    We had a Star Wars theme for our wedding, and Monika very enthusiastically let us bring the theme to the reception. She was very professional, accommodating, and so warm and friendly that we were so glad we decided to have our reception at TNGC.
    Please consider them as your vendor, they will not disappoint!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Grace · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolute Best Venue

I can't say enough good things about Monika and her team at Trump Golf Course! From the moment we met Monika when we were looking for our perfect venue to our actual wedding day, she was an absolute delight to work with. She clearly values each of her clients and approaches everyone with a big smile and warm heart. She accommodated each of our requests for our wedding and personally paid attention to numerous details on our wedding day to ensure everything ran smoothly. She and her team checked in with us constantly throughout the wedding day and seemed genuinely happy for us. The serving team during dinner was also outstanding (multiple guests told us that they were impressed by the service). Monika did not leave until the last clean-up crew had finished. I would not hesitate to recommend Trump Golf Course as a venue to any bride!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Megan · Married on 11/11/2017

I never imagined I would have my wedding reception at a golf course, or in support of our current president. But I'm so happy that we did. Everything was more magical than I could of imagined. The views are absolutely breathtaking, the ocean looks like cerulean glass! The Trump room is glamorous, gold-gilded, and gorgeous! It was perfect for a reception just shy of 100 guests. Monika was so attentive and considerate during the full year of planning. She was very prompt to reply and always made me feel at ease. I'm a huge foodie, and was thoroughly impressed with the food. The pastry chef who designed our cake, did a fantastic job and it looked just like the picture I submitted. I was most impressed with the gracious hospitality, and attention to detail during our special day!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Danny · Married on 10/14/2017

Say what you want about Trump but this location is breathtaking and is one of the most beautiful places to have a wedding.
    The catering manager Monika is also very attentive and helpful in making everything happen for us, she walked me and my wife through this and is very caring and generous. Helpful hint given Trump's reputation currently they are more then willing to help you cater to your budget and you probably spend 2-3 times as much to have a venue this beautiful at other locations.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

We had the most amazing wedding day!! Viviana was so perfect to work with, she heard all of our needs, wants and wishes and really made them happen! We felt like she was on our side the entire time, working along with us to make everything perfect! The entire team is professional, helpful, and kind and we enjoyed visiting the venue for each meeting, tour, and tasting!

The food is AMAZING! We still are getting complements on the dishes that were served and how special each of our guests felt the entire time they were on the property.

A huge thank you to Viviana and her team for making our day perfection! If you are thinking about this place definitely go for a tour, you will not be disappointed and will not regret choosing them to handle your big day! Did I mention the photos? Totally breathtaking!!

Sent on 12/05/2017
  • Sheila

Sheila · Married on 01/17/2017

Since the beginning, when my fiancé and I was still scouting for reception venues, we immediately fell in love with the Trump room. We had our wedding ceremony at Wayfarer's Chapel and reception here and it was beyond perfection. The room itself is already very glamorous and did not need any decoration to make it look beautiful. All of our guests were raving how delicious the food was. Also, our catering manager (Viviana) was very helpful and patient with us and making it work with our specified budget. We had the best time here! A lot of memories were made! We would definitely come back to celebrate our anniversary! I highly receommend this venue to anyone who wants to have a great view and excellent service!!!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Evelyn · Married on 09/19/2016

After what feels like an unending search (starting in San Diego!), we met with Monika Wotherspoon from Trump National Golf Club for our wedding reception. We fell in love with both her AND Trump's Room on the 2nd floor! Our guests were awestruck (as we were!) with the amazing views from the room and balcony. The photo ops were fabulous! It was definitely a magical evening but it would not have been possible without Monika's help, attention to detail, guidance and just simply her wonderfully engaging personality! She really made sure our evening was perfect! We couldn't have had a better event! Thank you so much Monika!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Lory · Married on 03/26/2016

We loved Trump National and highly recomended ! We came from Florida and choose that place because of its location .
    The views were breath taking and our wedding reception room was soo beautiful !
    Katie the catering sales manager was so helpful and every staff was very attentive !
    The entire staff did such a wonderful job. Everything was amazing! They were professional and attentive. Food was so delicious we had so many compliments from our guests , Thank you chef ! Above and beyond my expectations.
    Thank you guys !

Sent on 04/19/2016

Ashlee · Married on 12/06/2015

From searching through hundreds of venues, I instantly fell in love with the Trump National Golf Course. I just did not know if it was feasibly within my budget, and was shocked to find out that it was!

My first visit, I had a fear of other options (guilty!) so I kept looking, but realized that the Trump had the class and elegance I was looking for.

I was so blessed to deal with Monika, my savior. As many reviewers will tell you, she is fantastic. Not only is she SO responsive to emails, she is immensely helpful, and one of the sweetest people you will ever meet!

Appointments to see her were effortless, and she made sure to have everything in order for us, and was completely accommodating! As I said in other emails, when shopping for vendors professionalism, communication, delivery, and quality are what I look for. Monika and the Trump exceeded all of it.

We also had our rehearsal lunch at the restaurant. It was fabulous with it's Ocean Views and fireplace, and not as expensive as you would think. Monika helped us coordinate this as well.

I am so happy to have chosen to work with Monika and have my wedding at the Trump! I am immensely grateful!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Trump Golf Club in Palos Verdes is an amazing venue! After looking at 23 venues in the Los Angeles area my daughter knew immediately this was the place she wanted to say "I do!" She contacted Katie K. at Trump and the planning began! Katie was exquisite from start to finish answering all our questions and taking the time to get to know us and exactly what we wanted for the wedding! She went the extra mile to make sure everything was covered and her response time to any questions was immediate and with a positive attitude! The beauty of the Trump Club speaks for itself. The exquisite ocean views for the outdoor ceremony,the beautiful entryway and loggia area -along with the crystal chandeliers in the ballroom create a fairy tale atmosphere in itself. But what really appealed to my daughter was the privacy that this venue offered giving her a feeling of intimacy-- which she did not find anywhere else! She also loved the bridal suite - and all the beautiful places that were available for photographs! The food was absolutely incredible and our guests keep telling us it was one of the best meals they ever had! The service was also impeccable! By far --this was the perfect venue for the beautiful, elegant wedding our daughter wanted! We could not have been happier with our entire experience at the Trump and our daughter and her husband are on cloud 9!

Sent on 08/29/2015

We were a bit hesitant to hold our wedding ceremony and reception at Trump, given all of the controversy surrounding him (and this was before he announced his run for president). But we’re so glad we did because we loved our experience there! The location is beautiful and private; you get the exclusive use of the side entrance for your guests so you don’t have strangers traipsing through your ceremony, like you do at a comparable venue down the road. You have water views from both the ceremony site and the ballroom. The food is incredible (we consistently heard from each of our 200+ guests that it was the best food they had had at a wedding reception) and bar packages are very reasonably-priced. The wedding cake was also beautifully-designed and delicious. Most importantly, we loved working with the catering staff, especially Cathleen. She is incredible at her job, which made our planning so much easier. If you’re considering this venue, please don’t hesitate…you won’t regret it! The professionalism and incredible customer service of the staff make the choice well worth it.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Becky · Married on 04/11/2015

The best decision i could have made was having my wedding up in Palos Verdes on a magnificently beautiful spring day and to have my reception at Trump. I did not have a wedding coordinator ( although i did have a day of coordinator) and because of Monika (catering/banquet manager) i didn't need one. She is the best communicator, the nicest person and someone who is on your side through the process. She realizes putting on an elegant and tasteful and fun evening can be an expense but she will do everything in her power to make the process easy and ensure the event turns out in the experience, ambiance, service and food quality just the way you want it to. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we couldn't have imagined better service or quality of the food. Monika and the rest of the staff at Trump are the best and our guests had a fantastic and memorable evening. I have to say, having done a lot of research on event facilities, for this level of quality and elegance, other places were either more expensive or right on par and not sure you would get the amazing scenic photos as you do here. A good value on top of everything else.

Sent on 05/12/2015

My husband and I hosted a wedding reception at the Trump National Golf Course and the event was a tremendous success. I worked with Monika and she was professional and made the planning process enjoyable. She worked with our budget to maximize the value to our guests. The food was very good and tasted like the food presented at the tasting meal. I would highly recommend the venue and the staff.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Veronica · Married on 11/17/2014

I honestly don't know where to start with this review.....

Any bride who is planning a wedding and looking for a reception space, honestly, I cannot recommend Trump National enough!!!! What a dream come true!!

When I originally planned my reception with Trump I was working with their events manager who was amazing, half way through my planning I got an email saying she was no longer with the company! That is enough to stress any bride out! I was then handed over to Monika Wotherspoon....... WOW, she not only met but exceeded all my expectations! She answered every single question I had and went above and beyond!

If I was to do it all over again I wouldn't change a single thing! This Place was perfect! We had a three course meal, everyone was raving about how delicious the food was, it was absolutely delicious! The staff was amazing and attentive, I could go on and on, I'm still on such a high about my wedding and how Trump, Monika and the entire staff made it so PERFECT!!

Monika!!! I love you so much, thank you for making my wedding so special and taking care of us! I wish I could do it all over again!!

Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Christopher · Married on 11/15/2014

A great venue with professional top-level service. Well accommodated during the planning and execution of the event for bride and groom, all guests, and vendors too. Great food, great service. The events manager Cathleen was very helpful and professional throughout. The overall experience was memorable and I would happily recommend it to others as well.

Sent on 11/17/2014
  • Jerusha

Jerusha · Married on 10/18/2014

Trump is such a beautiful location for a wedding!! I did a lot of research on venues, and nothing compared to trump. I loved how the wedding area is private and the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception are right in the same area. The bridal suite to get ready in is absolutely beautiful! The only thing that was a bummer is there's no room for the groom and the men to get ready in.. We also had our rehearsal dinner in the smaller ballroom and it was just as beautiful! :) LOVE TRUMP!

Sent on 02/21/2015

Anna · Married on 10/03/2014

We got married on Oct. 03, 2014 and we chose The Trump National Golf Club to be our venue because we fell in love with the view while driving around on the bluff of Peninsula in RPV! We emailed Monika, she's one of the event specialist and she responded right away! From then, she was always responsive and very helpful throughout the whole process, I wouldn't ask for anybody else but Monika! First time we spoke to her, we were already sustained a very good level of comfort . On our wedding day, people were already amazed how beautiful the venue was and all the staff were very attentive and friendly! In addition, the food was amazing! Monika made sure we were well taken care of! From champagne to snacks while getting ready, running back and forth to attend to our needs and if there was minor problem, she fixed it right away. Until now, people still talk about our wedding because everything turned out perfect as a result of us making the right decision to pick The Trump National Gold Club and ultimately picking Monika as our event specialist! It was such a stress free day for us! From beginning to the end! I highly recommend this place for those who are still looking around for the perfect venue! Thanks again Trump National Golf Club for making our day a very special one!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Rachel · Married on 07/22/2013

We chose Trump National because we loved the venue and views of the ocean. Absolutely beautiful. We had a small wedding and it was very hard to find the perfect venue to accommodate a small group. The Trump Room was a perfect place for our reception. They even allowed us to use the patio for our ceremony site. Leading up to the wedding Cathleen was very helpful and answered hundreds of questions for me.

On the day of the wedding, the entire staff did such a wonderful job. Everything was amazing! They were professional and attentive. In terms of the catering, we did not taste the food prior to the wedding. It was so delicious! Above and beyond my expectations. The staff at Trump helped us create our perfect wedding day. I highly recommend checking this venue out!

Sent on 08/14/2013
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/05/2012

All of the people at Trump National were wonderful to work with... from Michelle Dean who handled all the catering and event arrangements for our wedding to Ron the pastry chef and the entire serving staff! The food was absolutely the best and the appetizers including the crab cakes, mini beef wellingtons and seafood display were big hits with our guests. If you haven't seen the lawn and porch area at sunset, take the time to visit...Michelle was very accommodating to our requests and was very easy to work with... We loved the linens that we got through Stephanie's Linens. Everything was top quality and Our guests loved every minute of the time there..

Sent on 10/15/2012

Steve · Married on 08/25/2012

What a beautiful venue for a wedding! Monika Wotherspoon was ever present to accommodate our needs. As the father of the bride, I appreciate the efforts of the staff at Trump to make Katie and Joe's wedding a memorable day.

Everyone I spoke with thought the food was great! Kudos to the kitchen staff. 190 meals is no easy task I am certain.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Karlie · Married on 06/04/2011

We decided to get married at Trump National Golf Club after touring several locations in the South Bay. We loved the location, overlooking the Pacific Ocean with views of Catalina. The staff were of tremendous help during the planning process. They made it so easy for me! We even hired our photographer off their vendor list. I am vegan and the chef worked with me to create delicious vegan options for myself and a few guests at our wedding. I highly recommend having your wedding at Trump!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Catherine · Married on 09/25/2010

This place speaks for itself! I actually went to Trump National for a bridal show, and fell in love with it. The ocean view, the loggia area for cocktail, the chandeliers in for the reception, the wonderful staff-all extremely exquisite! Also-I DO love the fact that it feels like a one stop shop-where you wouldn't have to worry about the cake, food, or tables and chairs.

Monika was our contact at Trump, and we LOVED her! Besides from her humorous nature (which is great because you NEED that while you plan your wedding), she really thinks for YOU and accommodates you. Whenever I had a question, Monika would contact me back immediately with an answer. Another great person that my husband and I enjoyed working with was Otto. He was in charge of our set up and meals on the day of the wedding. He did great because he was able to get everyone their meals, and the set-up of the wedding was beautiful.

Trump definitely gives you great value for the cost. I know of other hotels that cost twice as much, that do not even look as elegant as Trump. Another perk of Trump is that your event is extremely private because you have the whole venue to yourself versus you have it at a hotel (where you have all these hotel guests walking around and other weddings happening).

I just had my wedding at Trump 2 weeks ago, and I wish I could rewind back to that day because everything turned out so perfect! Definitely one of the most beautiful venues out there in Southern California!

Sent on 10/14/2010

Stefani · Married on 10/03/2009

wow. what can i say. we just had our wedding there a few weeks ago and everything was perfect. everything was beautful. everything ran SO SMOOTHLY AND STAFF WAS SO UNEXCEPTIONALY CARING.

Monika was our contact/events coordinator at the trump. she is the most sweetest woman. i feel like shes a mom to me, i really do. so warm and loving bringing us drinks everytime we come. we felt so at ease, so fun, so comfortable. she got back to me SO QUICKLY w/ all the questions i had. staff was wonderful day of, my BM and i were always made sure we were fed, the bridal room was stocked w/ food and drinks, everyone pampered us.

THE FOOD WAS CRAZY GOOD. that. is the ONLY THING I CARED ABOUT, our wedding. im a foodie. i love to eat. and, geesus, this place TRUMPS (hehehe) trumps ALL. all our guests and family were SHOCKED. altho we had to meet their minimum for food/bev, we kept adding on food as our guest count wasnt too high (aobut 160) everyone was SUPER STUFFED. seafood buffet and tray pasesd hordourves during cocktail hour (i mean come on, NEW ZEALAND LAMB CHOPS AS THE TRAY PASSED HORDOURVE????? LOVE!!!!!!!)

this place is too beautiful. too wonderful. and price was honestly good for what we got.

Sent on 10/21/2009

Sue · Married on 11/12/2005

The best... I didn't have to think about anything on my wedding day except showing up. The staff was responsive and professional and went above and beyond what the contract was stated. I used this place for our wedding venue (outdoors on a cliff over the ocean), reception hall, and caterer. There were no hidden costs and the event coordinator was genuine, honest, and helpful.

Sent on 11/16/2006

Tammy · Married on 01/19/2008

Fantastic service. I got married at sundown. So pretty. Everything went perfectly. I loved my photos, only down side wa sit only last one day!

Sent on 05/08/2008