True Flavors Catering Reviews

18 | San Antonio, TX

18 Reviews for True Flavors Catering

18 True Flavors Catering Reviews

Rolando and Rosemary · Married on 12/30/2017

It was incredible, the service, food catered by True Flavors at our daughters wedding and rehearsal dinner was spectacular. The attention to detail by Edna Arango and staff was great. We can’t thank them enough. Great job!

True Flavors Catering 1
    True Flavors Catering 2
    True Flavors Catering 3

Lori · Married on 11/18/2017

True Flavors catered my wedding and it was incredible! The food was so delicious, and we received many compliments from the guests. The service is above & beyond - the employees work very hard to make sure everything is just right! I was so impressed with the awesome flavors of the food, I would highly recommend True Flavors for any event. They made my wedding amazing, I'm so pleased & happy that I booked them early on.

Luis · Married on 07/23/2017

It was a magical night of love and family.
    Great service and fantastic food. True Flavors lived up to everything I expected and more.
    Thank you for everything.
    Hector did a GREAT JOB! And the whole TEAM!

Robyn · Married on 03/12/2016

Jessica of True Flavors catering was AMAZING. I didn't have a day-of coordinator, so she was the person that was in charge of making sure everything was set up correctly, and keeping me sane through the process! She is very professional and responsive. In the contract process, she had a lot of suggestions and options to fit into my budget, and to the look that I wanted, and she did not try to oversell me! I really appreciate that. The service at the reception was great, and the food was DELICIOUS. We had a Tex-Mex theme - fajitas and enchiladas. Everyone enjoyed it, and it was beautifully displayed. THANK YOU for everything.

Christa · Married on 03/12/2016

I'm not even sure where to start! Food was extremely important to me, my now husband and our families for our wedding. And I can't say enough great things about True Flavors! From day 1, Devra with True Flavors was a dream to work with. When we discussed the type of food we wanted, which was Latin fusion, she nailed the options she provided. Of course, we had to try it all during our tasting, and everything was delicious. Our main concern was that it wouldn't taste the same on our wedding day, but let me tell you...(not sure if it was because we were on cloud nine) it tasted even better on the day of! The best part was - my husband and I actually ate our wedding food, and we enjoyed every bite. The food was warm and the beef tenderloin was cooked to perfection. It was NOT the typical rubbery steak you are served at every wedding. To top it off, toward the end of the night, we served incredible breakfast tacos on homemade flour tortillas (as an SA native, I'm big on homemade flour) and churros, that everyone raved about!

If you're looking for a wedding caterer, look no further! Allow True Flavors to give you and your guests the ultimate taste of San Antonio. You won't regret it!

Emily · Married on 02/14/2015

Coming in from out of town for our wedding, we weren't familiar with our catering options. While we tried a few during a visit, we felt like we were Goldilocks - they were either too expensive or too unorganized. When we connected with Devra at True Flavors, we received high level service that we were able to fit into our budget. Devra was extremely responsive and helpful, explaining the options we had to consider. Wedding food tends to get a bad rap, but our guests raved about the food and many told us after the wedding that they had stalked the appetizer passers because the bacon wrapped quail was so amazing. (Yes, sounds kind of strange, but trust them and at least try it!). The catering and bartender service was professional throughout the evening. I would definitely recommend True Flavors (and Devra!) to anyone considering catering in San Antonio.

Elena · Married on 10/11/2014

An absolutely wonderful catering company. We decided to do action stations for the wedding and our guests loved it! There was a great variety of food and everything was delicious. Even my sister (who works as a manager in the food industry) was jealous that the food for her own wedding was not as good as mine.

Lannie · Married on 09/20/2014

Devra and her team provided excellent service and a wonderful meal at our wedding. We planned the wedding from Canada which was difficult for some vendors but working with Devra and True Flavors was a seamless, easy process! Everyone raved about the food and the service at the wedding, and we were so happy with how everything turned out. Food was one of the most important things to us as we have eaten a lot of bad wedding food. True Flavors exceeded all of our expectations!
    Thank you Devra!

Melanie · Married on 04/06/2013

I shopped around a good two months before selecting a caterer. My initial contact with True Flavors was over the phone where I first met Devra. We spoke about the details of my wedding, expectations, likes and dislikes. Later we scheduled a "tasting" (it was more like a feast). Here we were able to sample everything we talked about and more! Devra put together a few little extra things for us to try based on some of the things we spoke about over the phone. She showed us around the kitchen and even introduced us to the chef. The kitchen was clean and very organized (which probably isn't a detail most people pay any mind to but I think it speaks volumes). At this meeting we also met Mark (one of the owners). For those of you that don't know True Flavors is owned by the people of La Gloria and The Fruiteria two very successful restaurants in San Antonio.

Mark and Devra sat down with us to help us meet a budget that we were comfortable with. They were so understanding and easy to talk to. Throughout the wedding planning process Devra was so easy to get in contact with and very flexible with meetings. She always returned my emails, phone calls and text messages in a timely manner. Devra also so organized and on top of everything she would remind me that about what was due or that I need to start working on certain things.

When it came to my wedding day I was at ease and knew that True Flavors would deliver as promised. I got tons of compliments on the adorable hor d'oeuvres during cocktail hour and the tasty food. True Flavors went above and beyond my expectations. Devra was a complete blessing! When I need any other catering I will definitely contact True Flavors again! If you want professional, reliable and delicious food do yourself a favor contact True Flavors!!

• Karla

Karla · Married on 05/12/2012

The food was delicious! Everybody complimented us on it. There were very flexible since both hubby and me are vegetarians, and I'm Mexican. The buffet was perfect and had a Mexican twist to it, they got my idea perfectly. No problems with them whatsoever, highly recommendable!

Cristina · Married on 07/23/2011

I have never rated ANYONE five out of five stars. But as the father of the bride I appreciate well what it means to have a caterer who is a good project partner and who can deliver the highest quality at a great price.

The Hernandez Brothers (Mark and John) also know the value of family and how to put together a great event to make everyone feel special. From the planning phase to the execution of the wedding reception, True Flavors staff were responsive, quick to make suggested changes and bring in our special event on budget and with elegance.

Our reception dinner, held at the San Fernando ATT Center, began with a festive hors d' oeuvres of chicken empanadas and a cold ceviche atop crispy corn tortilla chips. The outdoor heat called for a chilled "aguas frescas" to provide a fruity watermelon refreshment for our guests. Later inside, the wedding feast included a fusion of Texas Brisket with mango barbecue and peach jam chutney paired with a Mexican Pollo en Crema Poblana sweet corn sauce. Roasted vegetables and grilled asparagus finished out the plate.

True Flavors expands on the culinary history of the region and executes with contemporary flair. Many thanks to Wendy, Jennifer and the entire staff.
    Roberto and Rosie Gutierrez

Cheryl · Married on 04/29/2011

I originally booked another Caterer who was great. They reduced their company size and I was able to find a new Caterer. I went to True Flavors two months before my wedding. Wendy was very helpful to keep the same basic menu we had with the old caterer. Wendy was amazing and everyone was talking about how awesome the food was. I have never been to a wedding were I LOVED the food as it is not always the most important part. This was the best wedding food I have ever had (and I work in catering food for weddings). TF packed for for my husband and I after the reception. The food must have been cooked hours before we left. When we got to eating, after the reception, the steak was still moist and the gratin potatoes tasted as if they were just made! They are not the cheapest company and not the most expensive but they were well worth the price! Thank you True Flavors and Wendy for a wonderful wedding!

• Claire

Claire · Married on 06/10/2017

On wedding day, Everything that I was hoping for and expecting from True Flavors was blown away with what was delivered. Everything from the food, the setup, the bar area, to the service was better than what I had hoped for.

When you get compliments on how amazing the coffee was that was served with the cake - weeks later! - and see your wedding food posted on social media with people asking who catered in the comments, you know you made the right choices.

My husband and I wanted the food to be very San Antonio, Texas but wanted something more that fajitas, rice, and beans. Delicious, but it's a lot of brown. We choose watermelon aguasfrescas, Texas quail bites, arepas, elote, shrimp cocktail, and a taqueria station. Everyone loved the food and the drinks were done so well by the bartenders.

Nicole · Married on 03/16/2013

All of our guests loved the food and presentation, great quality and service! They even went out to get more margarita mix when we ran out early in the reception!

Adam · Married on 04/21/2017

Mark & Edna at True Flavors were a pleasure to work with for our wedding reception. Extremely professional, responsive and just so nice. Had countless guests come up to us after dinner saying it was the best wedding meal they've ever had. So I suppose you can't ask for more than that! :)

Denise · Married on 08/17/2017

The Catering Staff showed up a bit early, which is a great thing. There was a last minute conflict and I had to switch rooms for the luncheon. They were very accommodating to our set up needs. The presentation and display of the food and drink were very appealing. I let the Chef choose the dessert and it was an awesome choice!

Nicole · Married on 07/01/2018

1.8
      0.5
      3.5
      0.5
      2.0
      3.0

We were HIGHLY disappointed in True Flavors Catering. However, let me begin by saying that Stephanie was absolutely wonderful to work with and we couldn’t have asked for a better person to be in contact with. She deserves 5 stars. But, overall, we would NEVER recommend True Flavors Catering to any friends or family whether it’s for a wedding or any other occasion. When we went to our tasting before the wedding, the food was phenomenal. We were thinking BBQ originally to match our Western venue but ended up changing our minds to a chicken dish which proved to be the worst decision we could have made come the day of our wedding. At the tasting, the chicken was covered in a light sauce with capers and tomatoes and was alongside creamy Parmesan mashed potatoes, Caesar salad, sautéed veggies, and a dinner roll. The chicken was bursting with flavor and was in no way dry. However, the food at the wedding was not even close to what we ordered. The chicken was so dry that it broke our guests forks and knives. I only had two bites of it in fear that it would slide off my plate and land on my dress from not being able to cut into it. The chicken tasted like they cooked it and then put it in the microwave to ensure it was as dry as possible. Additionally, the chicken was covered in olives, not capers like we had originally ordered (and my husband hates olives) as well as covered in onions instead of tomatoes (which I am allergic to onions and made sure to let True Flavors know of this well in advance). The creamy Parmesan mashed potatoes we ordered were far from creamy and had absolutely not Parmesan cheese in them, let alone any cheese at all. The mashed potatoes were more like chunks of barely cooked potatoes and were in no way, shape, or form “mashed.” Going into the wedding, we were so excited for the food and were raving about the tasting to all of our friends and family. It was a complete embarrassment to say the least for my husband, me, and our parents. After the weddin