True Colors Productions Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Kimberly
    Kimberly L. Married on 10/23/2021

Perfectly captured our wedding day!

Taylor was the #1 vendor we worked with over our 2 year engagement! From the beginning Taylor was super responsive and incredibly flexible with our COVID postponement making a challenging time a lot easier. Taylor was genuinely interested in capturing the emotion of our wedding day and his passion for doing so was evident from our first meeting. His easygoing personality and up for anything attitude was awesome to work with. Taylor's dedication to get every important moment on video and ability to truly tell our story was reflected in the beautiful films he created for us. Also the drone footage he captured was top notch and he truly went above and beyond!
  • Michael
    Michael V. Married on 07/10/2021

Exceeded all of our expectations!

In a world with a million options - look no further. Taylor was our favorite person to work with! Never have we worked with someone so passionate and genuinely grateful to be apart of our big day. His work is a true masterpiece and captures all the emotion and beauty from our wedding. His work is remarkable and exceeded our expectations on every level. I promise you will not find another artist to capture your special day better than True Colors. Thank you Taylor!
  • Christine
    Dan Married on 07/08/2021

The best of the best!!!!!

If you're looking to book a videographer, Taylor is it. It's been almost 3 months since our July wedding and our friends and family are still raving about how amazing he was! We began working with Taylor in 2018 and were immediately impressed at how knowledgeable he was. He understood our vision for our film collection from the start and did everything in his power to inspire us, and ensure that we would get every shot we wanted. My husband is shy and doesn’t like attention on him, but Taylor was unintrusive, personable, and able to get him to relax and open up to get amazing shots! We were originally set to get married in April 2020, however, due to the pandemic, we chose to postpone twice in order to keep our loved ones safe. Throughout the entire postponement Taylor was flexible and understanding. He went above and beyond to be there for every moment and we are so thankful to have had him as our videographer. When our wedding day finally rolled around in July 2021 Taylor showed up early and enthusiastically jumped right in. He was my hype man while getting ready, and he hit it off with all of our family and friends, putting everyone at ease, ensuring he captured every special moment. A tropical storm hit on our wedding day, but that didn’t stop Taylor from standing in the rain, finding the perfect lighting, the right angles, and making the best of the cards we were dealt. At the end of the night, when the other vendors had left, Taylor was still there, not willing to miss a thing. The way Taylor captures the emotion of the day and edits his films is unmatched. Taylor is not only professional, but genuine, passionate, hilarious, and absolutely brilliant at what he does. Hiring him was the best decision we made (besides getting married, of course)!!
  • Ethan
    Ethan H. Married on 06/26/2021

More than just a wedding film

Anybody who has ever worked in a creative space understands that there is a difference between recording an event, and capturing a moment. Whether it's through a painting, a photograph or a video camera, it requires a certain innate skill to be able to take the simple act of utilizing an artistic tool, and transforming that into a genuine piece of art. Everybody can do the former, but very few can pull off the latter. That intangible ability is what separates a vendor who will simply provide you with a flat, generic recording of your wedding - and a vendor that will provide you with a living, breathing memento celebrating one of the most special days in your life.

Taylor and True Colors Productions create art, and your wedding day is his canvas. I cannot express enough how blown away I was at the depth of feeling that came through in all of his creations. We got multiple sneak peaks and a long-cut "feature film" of various footage throughout the entire day (from getting ready, to the ceremony and all the way until the dance floor closed, he stayed with us for OVER 12 HOURS). But to me, what was most impressive was our 10-minute "highlight" video, which took all the hours and hours of footage he had and condensed it down into what I can only consider to be a masterpiece of wedding cinematography. It had me in absolute shock. Every single cut was perfect, and highlighted a different part of the day. I'm getting goosebumps writing this review thinking about it!

When we first started planning our wedding, I thought that hiring a videographer was financially burdensome and really unnecessary. After seeing what Taylor put together, how he was so kind and gracious and attentive to every tiny detail throughout the entire process, and how he stuck with us despite having to re-schedule due to COVID - I can honestly say that he should be the first vendor you secure for your wedding. He will give you something that money cannot buy - a tangible, living, breathing record of your wedding day that you will cherish for a lifetime. I know that I will.
  • Hannah
    Hannah T. Married on 05/30/2021

This is your guy

If you are searching for a videographer, the search is over! Taylor from True Colors Production is absolutely incredible. He was very communicative throughout our entire wedding planning process and made sure he knew the important details ahead of time so he can capture them. I have been turned off by videographers before in the past because I also felt like they were intruding on the dance floor and the bright light was super distracting. Taylor truly camouflages into the crowd yet he still captures every single moment!!! You can tell he puts his heart and soul into the videos he creates for you & as a bride, you cannot ask for anything more!!!

True Colors Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for these kind words, Hannah!! Your wedding was so beautiful and I was honored to be there. After an 8 month hiatus from filming, I couldn't have asked for a better day and a bigger celebration than your & Jonny's wedding day. I'm so excited to share the rest of your films with you!
  • Jenny
    Jenny F. Married on 10/10/2020

Outstanding!!

Taylor is absolutely incredible and I cannot recommend him enough!! My husband and I are beyond grateful that we chose Taylor to capture our special day. I knew I made the right choice having Taylor there the moment he walked into the cottage where my bridesmaids and I were getting ready. He is so kind, comfortable to be around, and such a pleasure to work with! He truly loves what he does and really enjoyed being a part of our day. He exceeded all of our expectations and more. It was so windy the day of the wedding that Taylor went back to the wedding location the next day to get some drone footage - who else would do that?! Taylor went above and beyond capturing every little detail from our special day. From the amazing drone footage, to working in the vows/speeches into the films, to getting so many amazing shots of our dog in the wedding... he is just so talented. I’ve shared the videos with family and friends and everyone says how amazing they are and what a fantastic job Taylor did. I’m so happy I get to relive the most perfect day with these films. Go with Taylor from True Colors Productions, you will not be disappointed!

True Colors Productions's reply:

Jenny! These words make me so happy. Your wedding was amazing and I was so excited to be a part of it. Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your day!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie A. Married on 09/23/2020

Videographer

Taylor is so professional, kind and flexible. The face that he enjoys what he does for a living shines from a mile away. He was so patient and honestly, relieved a lot of stress off of me on my wedding day. If you are choosing between different videographers, just go with Taylor Sahl from true colors productions. You will NOT be disappointed

True Colors Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words!! Your wedding was beautiful and it was my pleasure to be there to capture such a big day in your love story. You guys are awesome and I had a blast. Enjoy married life!! :)
  • Carolyn
    Carolyn B. Married on 08/15/2020

Extremely Talented Videographer!!

Taylor completely exceeded our expectations for a wedding video! He is so talented, not only did he capture beautiful moments in a creative way, he also truly captured the essence of our day which we will treasure forever. Along the way he was so helpful and flexible, especially when our wedding was up in the air due to COVID. He also stayed the whole night and captured every moment with our family and friends. We would definitely recommend Taylor to anyone looking for a videographer!
    Rachael R. Married on 08/08/2020

Our Best Wedding Investment

I will try and keep this short and to the point as there are so many reasons why Taylor was by far one of the best gifts I gave myself while planning our wedding. To start, when we postponed our 2020 date, he was understanding, empathetic, patient and flexible as I emailed him daily trying to coordinate a date that worked for all of our vendors.

-Planning: Taylor is timely, and provides a thorough questionnaire to help you decide what's most important to you (special shots, music, likes/dislikes etc.) this was super important because while you may love planning, or consider yourself a Type A Bride, there are so many details that go into the day, it's helpful to have someone bring those out from you and clarify your vision. You can't be the bride and the creative director that day.

-Day of: Taylor arrived early, and was a calming presence amongst a group of loud and overly talkative women (myself included). He kept us on track and remained cognizant of our timeline throughout the day, making sure to get in shots I had requested, thanks to his highly detailed planning.

- Post wedding: we received a teaser within 24 hours of our wedding, and full video and highlight films were delivered to us within a month (this is unheard of especially during Covid times for most vendors).

Words won't do justice for the videos that Taylor made us, check out his Instagram and you will see everything you need. The editing, drone footage, musicality... it was everything I imagined my wedding videography would be. As a bonus, he even made a highlight film of my Dad's speech, which is something I will cherish forever.

I can't thank Taylor enough for his professionalism, and the overall genuine thought and care that he put into making our wedding videos. It's was the fastest and most expensive day of our lives- and thanks to our videos we get to re live and remember all of the best moments. Thank you Taylor!
  • Devonna
    Devonna Married on 07/20/2020

The Perfect Match!

I am so happy we found True Colors Productions! The first time we met Taylor, it was virtually because, you know, rona. It was two months before our presumptive wedding in July, with very few details solidified given the odd circumstances. We had spoken to maybe 3 other videographers that week and as soon as we logged off we both turned, looked at each other, and smiled — “I like him! He’s hired”. Hands down one of the best decisions ever. Taylor was so responsive and willing to be flexible given our condensed version of a wedding. He was prompt and such a pleasure to have around on our wedding day. If good energy is a priority for you, he's the one. I am so happy his talent is what produced such an amazing time capsule for our day.

True Colors Productions's reply:

Devonna, I can't thank you enough for your kind words and inviting me to be a part of your and Nick's love story. This was a sad summer of filming due to so many COVID postponements, and your wedding day was a much needed bright spot in my life! Thanks again :)
  • Y
    Yasmeen Married on 07/04/2020

Wedding video

Taylor is literally the most amazing videographer for any event! I had asked him to video tape my wedding last minute and he was absolutely flexible and understanding with not only my time but also my budget! He worked so well to make sure I had everything I dreamt of for my wedding video and he captured every valuable moment I will remember for the rest of my life. I cannot express how amazing it was for me to work with him and how you should definitely hire him for your event! Thank you, Taylor!

True Colors Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!! It was an honor to be there for your beautiful wedding :) I hope you have a wonderful married life.
    Kayla Married on 11/22/2019

Above and Beyond anything we could have imagined!!!

Your wedding day goes by in a blink of an eye and truly is a blur. You want a videographer who is able to capture the day and all the important moments and Taylor does all of that and so much more. He was with all day and went above and beyond to make sure we had a video we loved. He is very professional yet extremely laid back and we always felt comfortable. I can't recommend True Color Productions enough and cannot wait to find any excuse to work with him again in the future!

Thanks again Taylor!!! We can't wait to relive our day through your videos again and again! Love, The Roussels
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 09/07/2019

Taylor is one of a kind!!!! A MUST hire for a videographer!

It was like we knew Taylor our whole life from the very first email! He was punctual, so fun, and his work still brings tears to my eyes when I watch our wedding video/teasers. What an incredible man and artist !!!
  • Shinea
    Shinea Married on 07/28/2019

Comfortability on our amazing day

Taylor was truly amazing throughout this entire process. He was very flexible and easy to be reached before the wedding and leading up to the final touches. Working with him felt very natural as he was unobtrusive, stealthy and talked us through each step. He exceeded our expectations and made our special day all the more memorable. Thank you Taylor!

didn'e make us feel that he was
  • Amy
    Amy B. Married on 07/06/2019

July 2019 Martha’s Vineyard Wedding

Taylor went above and beyond our expectations! We are so thankful he was able to film our wedding! He captured small and big details of our love story and all the special moments during our day so beautifully. He was so responsive, actively involved in capturing our vision, worked amazingly well with all our vendors, was so patient, energetic, and was just amazing to work with. Thank you Taylor! You are so talented and thank you so much for allowing us to relive the most amazing day of our lives!
    Valerie G. Married on 06/29/2019

Look no further....

If you are even considering Taylor and True Color Productions, look no further. Taylor is the loveliest human who has such a talent and eye for videography. He is unobtrusive, yet a calming presence during a hectic day. All of his footage, from sneak peeks to highlights to the full film are stunning, but more so- capture the day perfectly. Thank you, Taylor, preserving our wedding day with beauty and grace.
    Brenna S. Married on 04/11/2019

Above and Beyond!!!

Where to even begin? Taylor was absolutely beyond wonderful to work with! He was enthusiastic, so comfortable to be around and went above and beyond throughout the entire wedding day and truly enjoyed being a part of it all. From showing up early to make sure he captured every moment, to staying throughout the entire night, way beyond what I ever thought a videographer would, Taylor caught every minute of our special day. Multiple guests have commented not only on how awesome and attentive our videographer was, but my husband and I along with everyone who has seen the footage was blown away by what he was able to capture! I would hands down recommend Taylor to anyone who is planning a wedding!!
    Katherine Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing Videographer

We hired Taylor for our wedding in March 2019 at The Towers in Narragansett RI.

Taylor exceeded all of our expectations from start to finish. He is a pleasure to work with, responds quickly, has great pricing, provides high quality video content, and most importantly is an all around good dude.

During our big day he kept us smiling and had a great vision to get amazing footage.l of bride and groom, family, friends, venue, dancing, etc - he got it all!

He delivered us 3 edited videos, all very quickly: a 1 minute teaser, a 12 minute highlight film, and a full feature 45 minute film - all were amazing!! Check his site if you want to see our samples (Katherine and Howie).

Taylor even offered to send us a hard drive with all of the raw video footage of dancing, interactions, etc which gave us awesome perspectives that we did not get to see on our big day.

Lastly, he also brought a high quality drone that he used to capture amazing aerial footage of our venue on our big day, you can also see this in our highlight video.

We highly highly highly recommend Taylor for all of your video needs, especially weddings! Thank you so much Taylor!
    Vanessa Y. Married on 11/23/2018

Above and Beyond Expectations

True Colors Productions truly went above and beyond to cover not only the big moments of our wedding day but the SMALL moments as well. As we watched our final video we were amazed! It was clear that Taylor really took the time to create a product that captured all of the family, friends and best of all, the love that filled the room that day. After saying "I Do", working with True Colors Productions was the 2nd best decision we made that day.
  • Jiayin
    Jiayin Married on 09/09/2018

Taylor is amazing!

We loved working with Taylor! He's personable, passionate, and professional and we absolutely loved our wedding video.
  • Morgan
    Morgan M. Married on 08/18/2018

Extremely Hardworking, Talented Individual

Taylor is a ridiculously talented videographer and we feel extremely lucky to have worked with him on our wedding day. Our wedding video exceeded our highest hopes and dreams. We had not even thought about hiring a videographer a few months before our big day, but now I cannot imagine looking back on our day and not having such an amazing memory to relive. Taylor went above and beyond on our actual day to get the best shots and his video was extremely well edited, modern and romantic. Any future bride and groom would be lucky to work with him!
    Kelly Married on 07/20/2018

So impressed!

I cannot day enough how amazing Taylor was for our wedding! I told him the few things I wanted to focus on for my video and he hit it out of the park. His vision is amazing and he truly captured the feel of the day from the very beginning until the end of the reception! I wish I had more room to write more!
  • Evan
    Evan Married on 07/06/2018

Talented, professional, kind & hardworking - a pleasure to work with!

Taylor is an all-star! As a wedding planner, it’s a HUGE deal to work with such wonderful vendors - like Taylor. My couple really enjoyed working with him from the get-go. Responsive, polite, professional, and accommodating during the planning process. Then, on the day-of Taylor was so smooth and efficient! He was easy to work with as the day unfolded and was always there to capture the special moments. He beautifully complimented my couple’s easy going attitudes.

After the wedding, he delivered amazing sneak peek footage - followed by an incredible video montage of their wedding day. I’m eager and thrilled to recommend Taylor to more of my couples and work with him again.
  • Amy
    Amy C. Married on 06/09/2018

Above and Beyond!!!

Taylor filmed our wedding in Maine this June and he was AWESOME! I can't emphasize enough how grateful we were to have him be there capturing our big day. He was polite, professional, and fun, but most importantly the teaser & final video he sent to us were absolutely perfect and better than we ever could have hoped for. We have already recommended him to one of our friends getting married next year, and I would encourage anyone to reach out to him. Thank you Taylor!!!