Troy Historic Village Reviews

5 | Troy, MI

5 Reviews for Troy Historic Village

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

Troy Historic Village is amazing! It is a beautiful place. The staff was friendly and attentive. The buildings we're open for my guest to see before and after the ceremony. The best part was that it is rented exclusively to one wedding a day, so when another party tried to crash my wedding the Village staff handled it for us! I could not have been happier with the Village.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Ryan · Married on 09/30/2017

Incredible venue and very accommodating staff!! Nancy was very helpful throughout the whole process. It was really neat to watch my guests enjoy the history of the village, and the whole place is great for wedding photos!!! Thank you to the entire staff

Sent on 10/19/2017

Matt · Married on 06/07/2014

The Troy Historic Village was a great place to have our wedding. The old church gave our ceremony a throwback feel. Each building provided a unique photographic opportunity. The staff was very responsive and helpful along the way. The whole village was available to everyone, so it allowed our families an interesting place to visit while the bridal party was taking pictures. All in all we were very pleased with the Troy Historic Village as our wedding venue.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2008

We had our ceremony at the Troy Historical Church in Troy, MI. It was a great setting for photos and for the ceremony. We used the church for the ceremony and it was so nice. Our photos were done on the grounds afterwards and there were so many buildings to use as back drops and they all came out amaing. Laura was our onsite coordinator and she did a great job of keeping the groom away from the bride. She also made sure everything arrived on time from the florist and things were set up before the ceremony.

Sent on 06/24/2008

3.0
      1.5
      2.0
      1.5

I wanted to love them, I really really did. The location is adorable and was the closest place I found near our reception. However, working with Troy Historic was not quite worth the hassle. We basically paid $1,000 for someone to unlock buildings. My first issue was that I was told there would be a facility attendant on location to help. Literally the only thing I needed help with was playing the music off of my phone, Nancy refused. They would not help with that which was terribly annoying but found someone else to help. So the day of the rehearsal myself and my wedding party show up to set up chairs and we realize that they had left all the picnic tables out in the yard (which I had talked to Nancy about the day before and she never indicated that WE WOULD BE THE ONES MOVING THEM) So the men moved about 10 picnic tables. Then we go to start the rehearsal and realize the speaker was not set up (this is something I specifically talked with Sue about via email). So I go inside and ask Nancy to please do this as we need to start and since we have to have a friend do the music they need to know how everything is set up. She immediately gets an attitude with me and is basically trying to tell me no. She complains it is too heavy, so I offer our groomsmen. She was so rude and nasty. Next thing I know, she is yelling at my mom in front of all of my wedding party and family about how she "only makes $11 per hour." This is my wedding, I paid $1,000 to have my wedding here and this is something that was discussed prior to the rehearsal. We need to practice the music. Nancy had been extremely rude from the beginning. I have a lot more I would like to write and explain in further detail but I only have some many characters in this review. Overall, Troy Historic is beautiful and a very cool location for a wedding however I would NOT recommend having your wedding there due to the staff

Sent on 06/07/2017

Troy Historic Village's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience at the Village was not a completely positive one. The goal of the Troy Historic Village is to provide each of our bridal parties with a charming location for their wedding ceremony and wonderful, stress-free event. We carefully consider all comments and suggestions of our guests and work to continually enhance our customer service model and improve communication between the client and/or the bride’s wedding coordinator and our staff.