Tribute String Quartet Reviews

37 Reviews for Tribute String Quartet

• Laura

Laura · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic Musicians

Going into wedding planning, the only thing we 100% knew that we wanted was a string quartet. We heard about TSQ from a musician friend who occasionally plays with them and we were not disappointed! We asked for a few new/difficult songs from our favorite film scores, and I was worried that we were asking too much, but their arrangements were incredible and exceeded our expectations. The ceremony music was one of the first things our guests mentioned! TSQ will be one of the best investments you can make in your wedding if you want your music to make a lasting impression.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Beth Rosenthal · Married on 10/07/2018

A smooth experience with Lucy Music

Lucy Music didn't miss a beat when I arranged a trio for my daughter's wedding (pun intended).

Sent on 12/31/2018

Marc Cohen · Married on 07/01/2018

Great musicians.

I had them for my wedding. They did an amazing job. I couldn't have been happier with their service. Would recommend!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Viva Max Kaley · Married on 06/16/2018

Tribute String Quartet - Great Ceremony Music

The Tribute String Quartet did a wonderful job at my client's Vienn and Sal's wedding at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in NYC (Im a wedding planner). They were on time, quick to set up, flexible about placement in the room and very attentive to cues. They not only followed my direction and charts well, but I also felt I could trust them to read the room and understand when to fade out without worry. They played a wide range of music styles - Elvis Presley, Coldplay, Eric Clapton and Linkin Park! They are so good at playing ANY music my clients love which makes the ceremony so much more personal and special. Aaron is always great leading up to the event - he works hard to go over all the logistics to set us up for a smooth wedding day

Sent on 01/03/2019

Allison · Married on 03/24/2018

Wonderful Experience

We worked with Lucy Music and the Tribute String Quartet for our wedding at the Brooklyn Winery in March. They were absolutely fantastic and worked with me throughout my many requests and last minute changes. Overall I found them to be very professional, responsive and easy to work with. They even helped arrange a special (not very well known) song to be played during the ceremony while a family member sang. They did an excellent job and it was one of the most special and memorable moments of the entire wedding. I highly recommend. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 12/02/2017

Having the Tribute String Band at our wedding was an absolute pleasure. They added such an awesome ambiance to our night - would absolutely use them again for another event. They we're sucha pleasure to work with and anticipated our questions and helped us make appropriate choices for our event.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Samantha · Married on 10/14/2017

Tribute String Quartet did a magnificent job on our wedding day. We had them play before and during the ceremony, and then during cocktail hour and got tons of compliments. They arranged a new song at our request (our recessional song) and they made it just beautiful. They were also SUPER easy to work with, accommodating one very demanding venue and then working with us through a venue change - all with no drama or stress at all. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Evan · Married on 09/09/2017

Tribute String Quartet was amazing! They helped make our wedding absolutely perfect. They were incredibly easy to work with, incredibly flexible when it came to song choices, and above all, they played beautifully and were a large part of the perfect ceremony. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a fun and classy quartet!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Anne · Married on 04/08/2017

We had Tribute String Quartet play during the ceremony at our wedding in April and they were wonderful! From the beginning, Aaron was so easy to work with - could explain our options and responded to questions quickly. I found their song selection so much fun to choose from, and the whole experience was really easy and seamless. The Quartet even learned "Happy Together" by the Turtles for the end of our ceremony to make it even more special. I would highly recommend TSQ and Lucy Music to anyone planning their wedding!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Alexander · Married on 01/15/2017

We hired TSQ for our wedding at the Angel Orensanz Foundation and we were extremely satisfied with the end result. In the 30-45 minutes leading up to our ceremony, as well as during the actual ceremony, they were able to set the mood using songs we had selected. Many of our guests commented on how nice it was to have the TSQ there. We were so happy with the end result and would readily recommend TSQ for your event.

Sent on 01/24/2017

D · Married on 11/12/2016

TSQ played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and they were phenomenal! Aaron was professional and easy to work with, and provided many options and suggestions for both ceremony and cocktail hour. TSQ was a huge hit at our wedding, and our guests are still talking about them! From classic music to modern pop, TSQ can make any song perfect for your wedding. We would absolutely recommend them!

Kristin · Married on 10/09/2016

Working with the Tribute String Quartet was BEYOND easy! They are quick to respond, and complete professionals. They were given pretty minimal prompting and directions during our ceremony, and yet were able to play perfectly on cue! Having them perform instrumental versions of some of our favorite songs as the bridal party + I walked down the aisle made the experience so much more special. While I wish I had been able to hear more of them before and after the ceremony (I was away taking photos), I only heard great things from my guests! Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Justine · Married on 09/09/2016

Listen to some of TSQ's tracks on their site and search for them on YouTube. You'll be stunned by how the strings version of a pop or rock song can be transformed into something even more amazing. We hired them for our ceremony and cocktail hour and we got so many compliments from our guests about how original and incredible the music was. I walked down the aisle to Guns 'n' Roses "Sweet Child O' Mine" and it was absolutely magical. All my guests laughed when they realized what the song was, which is exactly what I was hoping for. They were truly one of the highlights of our day, and could not have been more professional. Aaron was great to work with and super cool - we didn't send our final song selections until the week of our wedding, and it was no problem. Everyone was where they were supposed to be, when they were supposed to be there, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. If you're looking for a really cool way to differentiate yourself from all the other weddings, book TSQ for your ceremony (or the whole shebang!). You won't regret it.

Althea · Married on 09/03/2016

TSQ played the prelude, processional and recessional music at our September wedding and they did a fabulous job! We wanted our guests to experience something "different" in terms of music they would expect to hear via the strings, which would typically be classical pieces. What we love about TSQ is that they are versatile enough to play familiar, popular music that can cater to any crowd. For example, hearing a Stevie Wonder or Marvin Gaye song on the strings. Guests LOVED the musical twist! It was different, but relatable. Not only this, but we had a special request to have a singer possibly accompany TSQ for the wedding party/bridal processional and Aaron was more than happy to oblige. He merged TSQ with a singer named J.D. Smoothe from one of the other bands he books. The resulting rendition of John Legend's "All of Me" still has guests talking about it more than 3 months later! We had never heard the rendition until walking down the aisle, and was definitely more than pleased. We appreciated Aaron's kindness, flexibility and patience all around with planning, and truly appreciate the talent of the wonderful musicians. TSQ and J.D. Smoothe's joint performance definitely added that something "special" to our wedding day and they are highly recommended!

Michael · Married on 03/13/2016

The TSQ played for our service (The Engagements played the reception party). We had them play some special material with a singer and accordionist outside of their usual repertoire and they learned it quickly in a rehearsal before the service, played with great feeling and sounded wonderful. Thanks so much for contributing your great musicianship to our big day!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Rob · Married on 02/06/2016

Tribute String Quartet is a group of extremely talented musicians. I had heard them at a showcase that their management company put on and we immediately saw how our ceremony could turn into cocktail hour and then dinner. I found them to be reasonably priced and extremely professional to work with.

Sent on 02/11/2016

Katherine · Married on 11/07/2015

Even though it wasn't part of their repertoire, Tribute String Quartet perfected the Bangles' "Eternal Flame" for our processional, and they provided the music for our cocktail reception. We had nothing but compliments from our guests and we couldn't have been happier ourselves. Lucy Music was professional and responsive in coordinating the musicians and our playlist. Bravo!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Scott · Married on 08/01/2015

The Tribute String Quartet are incredible. They are all fine musicians and sound beautiful.
    They were early and ready to go quickly. Easy to work. All smiles.
    TSQ learned some additional songs and worked up really nice arrangements for us.
    We are so happy to have found them.
    Thanks you TSQ!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Jesse · Married on 04/11/2015

Wow! If you're looking to set the tone to your ceremony, Tribute String Quartet is the way to do it. Their performance was noted by many guests as a highlight of the entire wedding event and with good reason. From the opening note to the last, their beautiful melodies set a perfect backdrop to our special day. I couldn't recommend them any higher!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Erica · Married on 03/21/2015

FANTASTIC! The Tribute String Quartet played our wedding ceremony and were absolutely wonderful. We hired them a bit last minute but they were open to learning a song for us and gave us so much individualized attention that we felt like they really cared. The musicians were incredibly talented and our entire experience was efficient and professional. I would hire them again in a second and would recommend them to anyone. Loved them!

Sent on 12/08/2015

TSQ did a fantastic job at our wedding! They provided wonderful string covers to our favorite songs for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were always very responsive, eager to please and flexible. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Erin · Married on 03/29/2014

The quartet played a selection of songs that we picked out for our wedding ceremony. My guests couldn't stop raving about how amazing they sounded -- which is pretty impressive since they only played before and after the ceremony. My wedding party walked down the aisle to "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys and it couldn't have sounded more perfectly. My communications with the band through Aaron were prompt, professional, and you could tell they really have their clients in mind in all of their interactions. I highly recommend Tribute for your wedding!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2013

I first heard the Tribute String Quartet at a friend's wedding and was immediately interested in booking them for my own. I hurried up and booked them the day after my friend's wedding as mine was about 2 months away.

The booking experience was easy and painless. Aaron, the quartet's manager, was a delight to work with - friendly, prompt email replies, helpful in choosing which of several potential songs we'd requested would serve best as the processional and recessional music. In the end we requested David Bowie's "Heroes" for our processional and "Queen Bitch" for the recessional, and the quartet performed excellent arrangements of both - classical enough to fly under the radar for our older guests, but recognizable enough to make our younger guests smile.

The quartet also played in the moments before the ceremony and during the cocktail hour afterwards. Their classical arrangements of great pop songs were exactly what I'd been looking for, and the songs were both well arranged and perfectly suited the mood at any given moment. So many of our guests complimented their performance - they were absolutely the perfect choice for us. Plus their arrival and exits were totally seamless!

I'd definitely recommend the Tribute String Quartet for any classy event that begs a subtle contemporary twist.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Jillian · Married on 10/12/2013

The Tribute String Quartet played during the ceremony and cocktail hour portions of our wedding. They were WONDERFUL! They were very professional to work with in booking and organizing the event (Aaron was very responsive via email), and professional and excellent performers during the event itself.

We asked them to perform a selection of songs from their “classical” list for the prelude and ceremony, and then a selection of songs from their “popular” list for the cocktail hour. And we had asked them also to learn the song “Enjoy the Silence” by Depeche Mode, which they did and played for us during cocktails!

Many of our guests told us they had such a good time listening to the Tribute String Quartet’s versions of popular songs. We highly recommend them for your special event.

Sent on 11/30/2013