Triangle Talent DJs Reviews

143 | Louisville, KY

143 Reviews for Triangle Talent DJs

James · Married on 10/01/2017

Our DJ Patrick Salyer was awesome. He did a great job of understanding our taste in music and playing selections of it.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Natalie · Married on 09/02/2017

Jill was a fantastic DJ for our recent wedding! She was super easy to work with, happy to provide recommendations but also really willing to to shift and adjust to make sure our needs were taken care of. We met with Jill twice before the wedding where we discussed broadly our taste in music, our desired tone of the event, etc., down to more detailed timelines and entrance songs. Jill even combined two songs for my husband's mother/son dance and shortened the song for our first dance. Jill took care of mic's for the ceremony and then when it came to the dancing portion of the reception, she had everyone on the dance floor for the rest of the night! We couldn't be happier and I would recommend her for any event!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Keith · Married on 07/18/2015

Triangle Talent was a breath of fresh air in the DJ market in Louisville, KY. After much searching, my wife and I were exhausted with the constant upselling of most DJ services. Do you want uplighting? How about the platinum package? An extra 2 MC's? We needed a standard level of service with a great DJ that would provide quality entertainment and flexibility. Patrick Salyer provided that and more. Seriously, a truly great DJ.

We met Patrick a couple times before the wedding to go over different scenarios and planning. Even with my hyper-organization for this event, Patrick brought up some great questions and thoughts on ceremony timing and plans based on his experience that truly helped the flow of the event. Patrick arrived early to the event for setup and was very flexible to our needs day of. It was an outdoor wedding and even though it was 108 heat index, Patrick worked his butt off for us setting up and even went home prior to the wedding to shower and come back fresh and clean.

The music selection itself was fantastic. Nice, soft dinner music. We gave him 3 or 4 soungs to establish a genre and he selected the remainder perfectly. He did not provide a ton of MC duties but was spot on when needed which is exactly what we were looking for. When dancing started, that is where he really shone through. The dance floor was occupied and full the entire night and everyone had a great time singing along and dancing with the perfectly selected music.

My wife and I are very happy with our choice or Triangle Talent and especially with Patrick. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Hillary · Married on 12/13/2014

Scott Bagshaw was our DJ. He was very nice, and did a wonderful job. He found songs for me that were not ordinary, and helped make my wedding day as beautiful as I'd hoped.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 05/22/2014

I had no idea what I was doing when it came to planning the music for my event. I had some songs in mind, but Randy really helped me round everything out during the planning process. Randy and Jill matched my husband's and my personality to our music perfectly. They were super professional and made me feel so special on our big day. I would HIGHLY recommend them to everyone who'll listen.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Sarah · Married on 02/22/2014

I worked with Patrick Slayer and he was top notch. He walked me through the process and provided good options for me to consider.

My husband was very hesitant going the DJ route but he even said it was a GREAT idea and he's glad I was adamant about having Triangle Talent. My guests had a wonderful time and all parts of the day went by seamlessly! It was a dream.
    Triangle Talent has my highest regards and would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/05/2014

Our DJ was very helpful and responsive. He helped us come up with a timeline for our event and took the time to answer all of our questions and go over our requests. Everyone had a great time at the reception, and for a very reasonable price.

Sent on 03/12/2014

Laura · Married on 10/01/2016

3.5

Patrick was our DJ for our wedding this past weekend and it was amazing!!! He knew exactly how to get everyone dancing and was very receptive to everyone's requests. Our ceremony was flawless with the music we had selected (even if they were not well known songs). I would recommend him and the company to anyone having an event!!!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Benjamin · Married on 06/11/2016

We were so happy to have Patrick as our DJ at our wedding. He was very easy to meet with and get a hold of through the planning stages, very accommodating. On the big day he made sure everything was perfect for us. He checked in with us, and our families often throughout the night to make sure the right music was getting played and we were happy. And boy were we. It was great to be reassured that he was working really hard, feeling the mood of the party and playing the perfect fit. We never had any problems with hearing or audio-mishaps in speeches, music, or even in our outdoor ceremony. We were more than pleased to work with Triangle and with Patrick. They definitely went the extra mile in helping make it the perfect event. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Amy · Married on 05/26/2013

I couldn't have asked for a more amazing DJ at our wedding, than Patrick. He was flexible with my song lists of "do's and don'ts", and very helpful with laying out the game plan for the entire evening. The night of our wedding, I didn't even have to think twice about what the next step would be; it was taken care of, and done flawlessly. I would highly recommend Triangle Talent DJ's, and most importantly - Patrick, for any future events. He was actually DJ'ing at our "welcome reception" at Patrick O'Shea's, and was a riot interacting with all of our wedding guests; very personable.

Sent on 03/23/2014

David · Married on 08/12/2017

Wow, we had quite a party at our wedding! We brought people and gave them a reason to celebrate. Jill brought the music that kept us dancing for hours!

We clicked with Jill moments into our first meeting. We could tell that she was experienced and that she genuinely loves what she does. She asked questions to help understand our style of reception and what all was to be involved BEFORE asking about our budget.

She had great demeanor in briefly walking through microphone techniques with our officiant and those giving toasts. Once she got the party started, she unleashed song after song that kept people dancing!

I highly recommend using her for your wedding and/or event!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Susy · Married on 04/13/2008

I wish our band could have played longer into the evening, but overall we were very satisfied with their selection of bands and music.

Sent on 06/12/2008

ASHLEY · Married on 08/08/2008

We absolutely loved our experience with Triangle Talent. We got a great deal. The reception is still being talked about. We would definitely recommend them to friends.

Sent on 10/01/2008

3.2
      3.0

During our first consultation Scott asked who was the boss; my fiance and I agreed I was because I was the bride and paying for the service. My fiance and I expressed interest in playing explicit songs during our reception from our favorite rap group and Scott noted this.
    On our second consultation only a few days before the wedding he recommended playing Pony by Genuine at our wedding, my fiance seemed up for it but I declined, saying it'd be inappropriate. I also said it'd probably be inappropriate to play explicit songs as I knew children would be present (having received RSVPs by this date) and asked that he check with me prior to playing them.
    On my wedding day Scott played Pony which emptied the dance floor and also one explicit song without instruction. While the value was great I didn't appreciate not being heeded.

Sent on 04/28/2014

2.0

I got a good deal after a wedding show promotion. Randy was super professional and accommodating when booking the event. We had Scott as our DJ and he was really good at keeping the party going. He did not get all of the music I requested though. He also announced us incorrectly, mispronouncing our last name, even though I reminded him multiple times right before the introductions (it's not a weird name at all), and he said the name right we announced part of the bridal party. He was also a little condescending when I talked to him during the reception. The party and music were good though.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Triangle Talent DJs's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and to write a review on our DJ services. Obviously, we strive for a 5 star review from each and every client and I apologize that we fell short in a few areas at your wedding. I would like the opportunity to talk about the details with you in person, so that our entire team may better serve future couples. Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your wedding.

Sincerely,

Randy Embry
    Triangle Talent DJs
    502-267-5466

Linette · Married on 09/08/2007

3.0

I was told about this service through a friend who's mother works at this agency. All of my contact with the office staff was extremely professional. They were prompt, provided receipts when necessary, and the paperwork was thorough so I didn't believe that I would have any problems or issues arise on the big day.

Through a few conversations with the actual DJ, he let me know that I could make a songlist if I'd like if there were certain things I wanted to hear. The company also provided a guide of general songs played at weddings, but we really wanted to mix it up with more than love songs and classics. We eventually compiled a list of about 200(!) songs and sent them to the DJ ahead of time. We also filled out a list of songs for certain things such as first dance, mother/father dances, and songs to play during other things such as the toast, entrance into the reception, and how to be announced, as well as what kind of music to play during dinner.

Just before the reception the DJ came into the suite and let me know that the CD for our first dance was broken. My heart sank. We quickly chose another song (that didn't mean anything to us). It still upsets me. At the reception the DJ was subdued (as requested), had a proper tux on (as requested at no additional charge), and was very polite. He played only 2-3 songs we had on the whole songlist, and prettymuch played whatever he wanted. It upset me and my husband, and the guests quite a bit... but I still had a wonderful time.

Sent on 06/29/2008

2.8
      2.0

I first found Triangle Talent at a bridal show and was completely impressed with their presentation. They werent pushy in the least and their literature was extremely helpful. I contacted them and received excellent service from Randy. I was initially paired with another DJ but she moved away and Patrick was assigned to our account.. Although he was difficult to catch up with initially, I still had confidence that things would work out. But i was extremely disappointed.
    I scanned and emailed him copies of all the documents that I had already filled out just in case he didn’t have them and then ALSO typed out the bridal parties names, complete with pronunciation help in parentheses. Much to my dismay, when we got to the venue, he was writing everyone in the bridal parties name on a piece of paper; he forgot to bring the documents I sent him. So that took him about 20 minutes of us STANDING in the hallway waiting to be announced. You can imagine how frustrating this was for both us and our guests.
    Then, once he did announce them, he got half of their names wrong, introduced them in the wrong order and whats worse, he said one of my Maid of Honors name twice , as in said Elizabeth when she came in and then again when the next MOH came in as if they had the same exact first and last names?? I was mortified and my MOH was upset obviously.
    When he called for the bouquet toss, there was no music walking up to the dance floor; it was completely silent and awkward. I looked over at him and asked him to please play SOMETHING while the single ladies walked up.
    The last thing that he did that really upset me and ultimately caused me to write this bad review was extremely unprofessional. He came up to me when I actually had a moment to myself and said “so, tonight is my girlfriends birthday do you care if her and her friends come by?" EXCUSE ME?? He actually repeated the question. Extremely unprofessional. I will use TT again but would refuse Patrick as my DJ.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Brad · Married on 09/17/2010

1.6
      2.5
      0.5

We had Patrick Salyer for our DJ and he was absolutely terrible. Patrick got drunk at our wedding, which he later denied despite vomiting at our reception multiple times.

Patrick was polite when we met for our consultations. We gave him the order for our events, and we told him we had a video to show for the wedding. We sent him a very good playlist that we worked very hard on. Instead of coming to our wedding interested in making it a beautiful night to remember, Patrick made the reception one he would probably rather forget, and judging by how drunk he was I would say he already has. Patrick self-served himself alcohol. He later said he did not drink & was drugged, & didn't remember anything, an act we found to be rather cowardly.

Patrick acted like a child when we asked him to move a speaker so we could show a video on the projector screen behind him. He actually said, "No". I asked him half a dozen times to turn the volume down. He would turn it to down, then immediately back up. My mother-in-law asked him just as many if not more times to turn it down. The father-in-law asked him multiple times to turn it down. Even the person in charge of the venue told him, and he blew her off even after she told him he was ruining our wedding.

Our play list was barely even played. Patrick was more into the type of music he wanted to play. Finally I just started telling him to play them individually, because he was playing music that I told him I did not want him to play (rap songs). Patrick did manage to play the Cupid shuffle twice, despite that not even being on our list. Patrick completely screwed up the order of our events. My wife was almost in tears because he did not start with our first dance, but the bouquet toss song, when we went over this in our consultation, and he wrote it down: The first dance was to be before all of that. I told him after he started playing the music that the first dance was supposed to be at that point, and he just told me, "No." And I said, we want to do the dance now, and he said no again.

Patrick repeatedly called my wife the wrong name, despite having been told otherwise. Patrick pretty much ruined every song he played with his pathetic attempt at mash-ups. People were leaving the reception early just to get out of the reception hall because it was so loud. At the end of the reception we only had about 40-50 people left, and Patrick wasn't playing anything we had asked him to play. I said, "Will you just play the Journey 'Don't Stop Believing Song' and then stop. That will be our last song." While Patrick was so drunk, he couldn't really even speak to me at this point. He just gave thumbs ups or thumbs downs, and rolled his head around.

After that, he continued playing more music that was not on our music list. He started playing "Gin and Juice" the folk version. I told him, I do NOT want this to be the last song. You need to play a Frank Sinatra song then stop playing. He did that, then he started playing yet another song that was not on our list. This went on until 12:30, and by that time we were all just not paying any attention to him. It was embarrassing that he wouldn't listen to me. At the end, the reception hall crew told me we had to get a guest because he was vomiting. To no one's surprise it was Patrick, hovering over a trash can with vomit all over his face. We left him there.

The next day they called and said he vomited numerous times and that they finally had to kick him out at 2:30 a.m. after they found him in the bathroom, with his head in the toilet and he was passed out. He then drove home, so he has gone from only ruining our reception to now endangering the lives of others and himself. The company did give our money back, and once again I believe Patrick is one bad apple that ruined the whole bunch. BUT DO NOT HIRE HIM. While the company maintained this was his first offense, I work in the field and have had other DJs (post my wedding) tell me that he does this often, and even if he doesn't get wasted is known for his multiple smoke breaks

Sent on 11/19/2010