Trans4mation Photography Reviews

78 | Annapolis, MD

78 Reviews for Trans4mation Photography

Christa Kuhl 路 Getting married on 10/31/2020

Easy, enjoyable, flexible, responsive

Joey is a delight. Very organized and responsive and follows up. Excited to have hired him to photograph our big day.

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Emily

Emily Vestman 路 Married on 03/09/2020

Dreamcatcher

Joey and his assistant exceeded our expectations and were able to provide the level of expertise we didn't know we needed. They were very friendly and captured some great memories for us.

Sent on 11/20/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Emily (and James), thank you so much for selecting me to be your wedding photographer. I am always aware that couples like you have many options when it comes to photographers, so I am always grateful whenever brides and grooms enjoy my work and approach to my art, then ask me to capture their very special day in photographs!

Desirae and I wish you both blessings, peace, joy, health, and success on your sweet journey together!
  • Sidney

Sidney Chen 路 Married on 01/07/2020

Responsive, Friendly, and Professional Wedding Photographer

Joey from Trans4mation Photography was a great wedding photographer. He was very friendly throughout our entire experience, from the very first meeting all the way through the actual day of the wedding. Joey was always ready to answer our emails or text messages about any of the logistics behind our 7-hour booking.
    We were very happy with the photos we received! Both my wife and I felt that Joey went the extra mile for his clients and would highly recommend his vibrant energy to anyone looking for an event photographer.

Married July 2019 in Baltimore, MD.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Sidney and Stella, thank you both so much for asking me (Trans4mation Photography) to take part in your very special day at Belvedere Hotel! What a beautiful event it was. Thank you for your sweet words supporting this Annapolis Wedding Photographer! 馃榾
  • Allie

Allie Hosmer 路 Married on 11/09/2019

AMAZING response time!

Deciding to go with Joey as our photographer was the easiest decision in our wedding planning! We chose Joey because he goes the extra mile by providing helpful wedding resources, vendor recommendations, and AMAZING response time. He provides multiple ways to get in contact with him, and he never took longer than 10 minutes to answer an email or text. This is something I really appreciated. He truly helped make wedding planning feel less stressful, especially on the day of. He did a great job helping us keep our timeline for our first look photos, and the order of events after the ceremony. We felt so comfortable with Joey, which produced genuine happiness and laughter in our photos.
    Another reason why he chose Joey was that we had a 5:30 pm wedding in November, so most of our wedding would be in the dark! Joey was prepared with years of experience to capture our happy moments with or without natural light!
    After the wedding, Joey posts a wedding blog with a 'sneak-peak' of your photos, and it was so lovely having these while we waited for the rest of our photos. He did a beautiful job organizing our favorite photos into a leather photo album.
    Joey did an incredible job with our wedding and my husband and I highly recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 01/05/2020

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Allie and Daniel, thank you both so much for trusting and asking me to photography your very special day! It was such a delightful experience for Ursula and I to join you at the South River Golf Club. So glad the weather cooperated enough to see your dad do a fist pump when he first saw you in the dress, and then again when Daniel reacted with joyous tears during the first look. It's these moments that make my joy so rewarding. Thanks again and many blessings to both of you!

~ Joey from Trans4mation Photography - Annapolis Wedding Photographer
  • Allison

Allison 路 Married on 10/26/2019

The most amazing photos!

So this is a story! I went to a bridal expo Feb 2018. and I was not engaged just yet, but my now husband and I went ring shopping already so my mom, sister and I decided just to go look at an expo for ideas of vendors. This is where I met Joey. Instantly we had a connection because his personality was just so out there ( in a good way) compared to all the other photographers who we had met that were just so....well dull. Joey sat us right now and showed us all of his work and it was all so beautiful. Fast forward to July 2018, we finally got engaged! I was not sure of our wedding date yet BUT the day after we got engaged I emailed Joey saying that I remembered him from the expo and I had to have him as my photographer! As soon as we had our date, I told him and he was luckily available! My husband and I had a meeting with him, and my husband is a little reserved at times, but he could NOT stop talking about how much he loved Joeys work and how professional he was. Joey was so easy to work with and very flexible. I cancelled our engagement photos last minute and had to change them and Joey was very accommodating for that. Our engagement photos turned out beautifully! Leading up to the wedding, Joey and I had many phone calls just to get a timeline down and it just put my mind at ease. The day of was a breeze! Him and his partner were so much fun to work with and listened to every photo that I had asked for. I received some of our sneak peaks and they are stunning! I cannot wait to see the rest of them!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Wow, wow! Allison, you are incredibly sweet with your compliments, and they are consistent with the person you are: someone who is beautiful inside-out, appreciates beautiful expressions (like your Stella York dress and good photographers ;-), and is very considerate of others. Not surprising considering that you are a very much loved and respected trauma nurse! Your bridal party was sweet, a hoot, and gorgeous all at the same time, making my time all the more fun.

Desirae and I couldn't be happier serving you and making your day so special. Thank you for asking us to come along side of you and capture your memories. I'm looking forward to staying in touch with you and Rick!
  • Lisa

Lisa Kunkel 路 Married on 10/12/2019

Awesome Experience

You end up spending a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day, you want to make sure they are someone you really enjoy being around. Joey is fun when he needs to be, calm when you're ready to be stressed and firm enough to ensure you get the pictures you want. My husband and I are not used to being the center of attention and Joey made us feel comfortable enough to get the intimate pictures I didn't think were possible. I can't recommend his services highly enough - you can't go wrong with Joey!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Lisa (and Daniel), thank you both so much for your sweet and complimentary words! I was so excited to join you both for your unique approach to your ceremony and then celebrate it at the historic, textured, and beautiful open-air Patapsco Female Institute! Everything turned out gorgeous, right down to the beautiful weather we had. Thank you for asking me to join you and capture your photos on this special day. Here's to many years of blessings, health, joy, and success! :)

Kris Gavin 路 Married on 10/11/2019

Nothing but Praise

I highly recommend Joey and his team for your event. He is dedicated to giving you the most top notch service, and I felt in great hands on my wedding day. I was incredibly pleased with the special moments he captured and the speediness of his responses and follow up.

Sent on 11/15/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Kris and Chris - you both were such an amazing couple to work with. The praise is really toward your sweet and winsome personalities! Desirae and I had so much fun working with you, your family and friends at the always stunning Antrim 1844 venue. What a gorgeous day and wedding it was. Blessings, health, joy, and success to both of you!

Kim Roil 路 Married on 09/07/2019

Highly recommend

Our engagement session was a lot of fun to shoot and the results were amazing! Wedding days are always crazy and Joey was able to roll with the punches and still produces great results! His flexibility and responsiveness was very helpful with the planning process. Highly recommend! Thanks to Joey we have amazing pictures that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Kim (and John), your review and compliments are very sweet! 馃槃 despite the compressed schedule between the engagement photo session and the wedding, we made it all work perfect! It was my pleasure to serve you, John, and your sweet families (say hi to Mikaela and Ginny!) and grateful that you asked me to captured your very special day 馃 at Mountain Branch Country Club. All the best!
  • Kabria

Kabria 路 Married on 09/01/2019

Best Wedding Photography

Joey deserves beyond 5 stars. My mom and I met Joey at a wedding convention and instantly from his personality and his beautiful display of photographs I knew I wanted him to be my wedding photographer. Hiring Joey was the best decision my husband and I have made. He is so easy to work with and goes beyond the call of duty to make your vision come true. Joey is super personable and professional and really gives his clients the individual attention they need. On our wedding day Joey brought such a great energy and made sure he got every shot we truly wanted. I can鈥檛 even begin to talk about the pictures. I thought our engagement photos taken by Joey were beautiful but when we received just the sneak peak of our wedding photos I was absolutely blown away. The pictures were stunning. Not only were the pictures stunning but Joey caught so many special moments that truly captured the feeling and love of our wedding day. I am so pleased with Joey鈥檚 work and I would recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing photographer for their wedding.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Kabria and James, what can I say? Your comments and review is incredibly sweet and super appreciated. In truth, you both made my job super easy and it was a pleasure to serve you. You wedding was truly a grand and stunning event. Epic! So thanks again for asking Trans4mation Photography to be your Annapolis wedding photographer. Here's to you both - to many blessings, joy, health, and success! ~ Joey

Nikki Stidham 路 Married on 07/27/2019

Photographer

He was great at capturing all the different parts of the day!!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Nikki (and Jonathan), thank you so much for asking Desirae and me to be your wedding photographers! It was a pleasure to serve you, your families and friends at the historic church and gorgeous Liberty Mountain Resort. We captured some amazing photos on the golf course! :)

All the best!

Chelsea Walker 路 Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing experience

Joey was amazing to work with! He is incredibly knowledgeable in his area of expertise. His main goal was to make sure we had a fantastic time, and he was able to capture these moments perfectly!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Chelsea and Alan, congratulations once again on a beautiful wedding day at Wisteria Cottage and Barn. Great venue, great bride and groom, great guests, and what a way to celebrate. I am both humbled and honored that you would ask me to capture this very important day, knowing full well that you had many photographers to choose from. Without the referral from a prior wedding, I would have never known the amazing Chelsea from South Dakota! :)

ALl the best to you and Alan!
  • Abby

Abby 路 Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Photos

Joey was great! He was professional and very reliable. At our first meeting, he took the time to not only discuss all our photo options, but to get a real feel for what my husband and I were looking for. With his wide range of packages, we were able to pick what fit our needs/wants best (and even customize it!) On the day of our wedding, Joey & Ursula were on time, very efficient and we鈥檙e able to capture all of our special moments. They truly did an amazing job!! 10/10 would recommend them!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Abby and Josh, thank you so much for you sweet compliments!

It truly was a pleasure to serve you, your friends and family on your super special day. Abby, you were a stunning bride in that Amanda Ritchie gown! The garden and lawn of Rockfield Manor served as an outstanding backdrop to this event. Congrats again and thank you so much for picking me to be your wedding photographer!

All the best!

Bryson Devan 路 Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing service

We can鈥檛 say enough about how amazing our experience with Trans4mation photography was. Joey was efficient and FUN! We had our sneak peak three days after our wedding and all of our photos within three weeks. Everything went like clockwork and the photos are stunning! Our day day was so perfect and we have so many amazing photographs to admire and revisit it forever! We would recommend Joey and Trans4mation Photography for anyone getting married!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Marissa and Bryson, it was absolutely a pleasure for me and Desirae to serve you, your families and friends! Marissa was a stunner of a bride (and Bryson didn't look so bad himself ;-) It was delightful to captured your day in creative and artistic ways - ways your can treasure forever! Thanks again for asking Trans4mation Photography to be there. Congratulations again and many blessings! :)
  • Marissa

Marissa Brodie 路 Married on 06/22/2019

A Type A鈥檚 Dream

We had the best time working with Joey and Desirae. He was so organized, accommodating and FUN!! He kept our rowdy group in check and captured some amazing pictures. He was quick to get us a sneak preview (within 2 days of the wedding!) and the rest of our photos were available not long after. His pre-wedding form was super helpful in keeping me organized and figuring out what pictures we wanted for the day of. We鈥檇 recommend Trans4mation over and over again!!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Marissa, it was such a pleasure to serve you both on what turned out to be an amazing day! (of course, what else would it be!). Forget your "Type A" reference... you were an A+ bride, gorgeous inside and out, which made serving you, your friends and families all the more enjoyable. Congratulations once again!

Shelby Davis 路 Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful Wedding Photography!

We enjoyed having Joey and Desirae capture our beautiful day! They were so professional and gave us a day we would never forget!!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Shelby, indeed it was a privilege to join you and Matt on your very special day! You looked absolutely stunning and the camera loved you! Matt didn't look so bad either ;-)

Thank you for your sweet review and congratulations again!
  • Lauren

Lauren 路 Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Oh my goodness! Where do I even begin? Joey is absolutely amazing!!!! I stumbled upon him at a wedding expo and just fell in love with his personality and style. Joey is able to capture stunning pictures with ease and his personality just fit right in with my new hubby, myself, and my friends and family. He felt like he was a part of the festivities, rather than a vendor.

During the our wedding ceremony and reception, he truly was a "fly on the wall," we didn't notice him and his wonderful second photographer, but knew they were there capturing every bit. He and his second photographer had such an eye and were able to capture truly spectacular pictures. I still can't stop looking at them- and we only have our "sneak peek" pictures so far!!

I really cannot sing Joey's praises enough! I even told my husband how I was a little sad after the wedding was all over because Joey's job was complete.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Lauren and Devin, it was absolutely a pleasure for Ursula and I to serve you, your friends and families. As I've said all along, this wedding could not have been any better. Beautiful couple who are other-centered, caring, sweet, and so much more combined with beautiful weather, a stunning venue, great food, and so much fun. What more could a photographer ask for?!? I hope to remain good friends with both of you and am grateful that you selected me to be your wedding photographer! Congratulations once again and many blessings to both of you!
  • Chris

Chris Wilkens 路 Married on 12/29/2018

Fantastic photographer and a pleasure to have at our wedding!

Joey was a great photographer, we couldn't have asked for a better experience with him! Everyone had a great time and he made sure to get us all the pictures we wanted and helped us get a lot of great pictures we would have never thought of. He stayed active during the entire ceremony and reception without ever seeming like he was in the way. Joey quickly provided "teaser photos" within days of the wedding and they were beautiful. We can't wait to see the amazing work he has done with the rest of our pictures. We couldn't have been happier with choosing him as our photographer! Thank you Joey!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Lisa and Chris, Thank you so much for selecting me to be your photographer. It was my honor to serve you, your families, and friends. What a beautiful ceremony and reception it was at Vandiver Inn! I was very pleased to hear that you loved the photos and albums! All the best to you both (and the little one on the way)!
  • Matt

Matt Renninger 路 Married on 12/01/2018

Fantastic!

Our photographs were perfect, Joey and his second shooter were fantastic, timely and very accommodating to our requests and time as well as understanding of our priorities being our friends, family and each other. They adapted perfectly to the rain that arrived just as our first look began and made pictures that we'll cherish for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Matt and Missy, it was such a pleasure for Samantha and I to serve you, your families and friends at Cork Factory! Not only were we able to capture great photos despite the weather, but the entire day and experience for us, and more importantly for you, was fantastic. Your gracious remarks are appreciated. Blessings and all the best to you both as you settle into your home in Rhode Island!
  • Mackenzie

Cristian 路 Married on 10/27/2018

The absolute best wedding photographer!

My husband and I loved working with Joey! We met him at a Baltimore wedding convention and we just clicked, so we had him travel up to NY for our wedding in the Catskills. We had a great time at our engagement photo session (even though we had to reschedule 4 times due to the weather - Joey was very flexible and accommodating) and we had a blast at our wedding!

Despite rain the entire day for our wedding, Joey captured the moment beautifully. He got fantastic shots of us, our family, and our friends. Everyone is in love with our photos!

We really could not have asked for a better photographer. I highly recommend Joey, and I suggest a coffee chat with him if you are looking for a photographer. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Cristian and Mackenzie, thank you so much for your highest endorsement and sweet comments! I totally agree with you that we "clicked" right off the bat, and enjoyed creating artistic and memorable images of you both at the breathtaking Sunny Hill Resort. Best to both of you!

Brian 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Fantastic photos!

Joey @ Trans4mation Photography was a pleasure to work with, and he did an excellent job of capturing our special day! I really appreciated how well organized Joey was throughout the process. He also was able to work around our busy schedules, since me and my wife were planning the wedding remotely. I would happily recommend Joey to any couple looking to get great photos and service.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Brian, wow, wow! Although you and I first met over a FaceTime consultation meeting, I knew right away that you both were an amazing couple who worked as a team and wanted a photographer that was also a team player. And that is exactly how I approached your engagement session as well as your beautiful wedding at Pier 5. Thank you so much for you highest endorsement and wish you both all the best!

Jerri 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Thank you Joey!!

My husband and I were very happy with Joey at Trans4mation Photography as our wedding photographer! He was flexible to work with, especially with our crazy schedules and planning long distance. He and his 2nd shooter Lindsay were fantastic and filled with energy the day-of, calming my anxiety of the rain, and coming up with alternative indoor shots for pictures.

Looking forward to getting our albums and photos! Our initial previews have looked fantastic!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Jerri, thank you so much for the raving review! You were a stunning bride and I was so glad that you thought I was a "calming agent" during the otherwise stressful day. I am beyond satisfied that we created some stunning photos around the venue and the Seven-Foot-Knoll Lighthouse! You, your families and friends were delightful and loved the hora! Enjoy your new home in Texas and best to both of you for many years!

Tara 路 Married on 08/25/2018

Highly recommend

We were thoroughly pleased with Trans4mation Photography. Joey not only has a creative, talented, artsy side but also has a very organized, business side. When we met him, he was personable and very well prepared, organized, and explained his approach. His work was also fantastic. Not only did our meeting go well, he was reasonably priced and we contacted a lot of photographers for an approximate quote. Before the wedding, he was available to answer questions and provide encouragement. On the wedding day, Trans4mation Photography helped keep us on schedule and took a lot of great shots of us, our guests, and the overall landscape. After editing, we had close to 3,000 photos. We received many compliments from family and friends about our great pictures. Trans4mation Photography was prompt in editing and returning our photos to us. Joey is fantastic to work with because of his personality and talent. We recommend Joey to anyone looking for a skilled photographer for their special day.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Tara (and Adam), thank you so much for the 5-star review. From my perspective, I not only enjoyed the process working with both of you, but I was tickled that we created so many breath-taking photos at The Royer House (grass field, the long driveway, the sun room, the corn fields - so many!). And it didn't hurt that you were a stunning bride! All the best to both of you for many years!

Jourdan 路 Married on 05/26/2018

Jourdan and Mariah wedding

Joey did an amazing job, from our first meeting up and for weeks after the wedding Joey was responsive and helped us with any questions immediately. He was a true professional throughout the whole process and couldn鈥檛 recommend him more highly to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Jourdan and Mariah, it was a pleasure to serve you and both along with your family and friends! From the surprise engagement that took place in downtown Annapolis, to the engagement session at Great Frogs Winery, to the wedding and ceremony at Historic Londontown - all of it was an amazing experience and so glad you both asked me to create some amazing photos! Your parents were wonderful, Mariah looked nothing short of stunning, and grateful to Jourdan for serving our country! Thanks for your sweet review!

Nicole 路 Married on 05/19/2018

What can I say really about Trans4mation photography other then they are the best ever. After interviewing many photographers we met up with Joey and we instantly clicked. His work is amazing and he is very easy to talk to. He is very quick to respond to question and concerns and ideas for everything. He even helped me with getting a wedding timeline together. He was a trooper during our engagement photos since It was extremely cold that morning and the pictures came out beyond my expectations. Brittney and second shooter Jeanne, from Joey's team, were our photographers on our wedding day. They captured all the beautiful/special moments for us. They both fit in very well. We had rain during the morning and mid afternoon during first looks and they went outside and got soaked just so we could get the photos we really wanted. They handled our crazy family well and was able to get everyone rounded up. We will definitely recommend Trans4mation Photography to everyone. Thank you all for being our photographers and treating us like family.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Nicole, it was a pleasure to get to know you and Craig and be part of this amazing experience for you. Yes, despite your cold when I did your engagement, and despite the rain as Brittany and Jeanne help on your wedding day, it all turned out amazing and we were able to capture some beautiful photographs! All the best to you and Craig and thank you again for trusting me and the team at Trans4mation Photography!

Timothy 路 Married on 05/12/2018

For any couples looking for their wedding photographer, look no further! My wife and I chose Joey and his 2nd photographer Lyndsay to shoot our wedding and could not have been happier with our decision. Joey captured all of our 鈥渨ant list鈥 shots and added a few ideas of his own. He takes charge and makes your wedding day as stress free as possible. He is very responsive and listens to his clients to ensure you get what you want. Top notch across the board!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Trans4mation Photography's reply:

Tim and Lauren, thank you so much for your kind words! It was a delightful experience to work with both of you and your families and friends! Congratulations again!