Trading Post Productions Reviews

1 User photo

Trading Post Productions 1

Tony B · Married on 12/08/2018

Exceeded All Expectations

John & Briana are incredibly talented musicians and very delightful people. They played a beautiful duo during the prelude and ceremony of our wedding and provided the DJ/MC services throughout the cocktail hour, dinner & reception. Our guests were raving about them. Together, they made sure that our special day was elegant, personable, memorable & fun. I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants to add a beautiful and unique touch to their event. Two thumbs way, way up.

• Hayley

Hayley · Married on 10/13/2018

Can’t Recommend Them Enough!!

John and Briana were incredible! So on top of it, I didn’t have to think about a thing regarding music on the wedding day. I got so many compliments on the live music as well as John’s DJ skills! I couldn’t recommend them enough!

Amber Maniates · Married on 10/11/2018

They were amazing!

John and Briana made our day so special. They are so incredibly talented and their music was everything we had hoped for and more. Our guests were blown away with them during cocktail hour as well and we received numerous compliments about their music. Thank you to the Trading Post Duo for such a special contribution to our magical day!

• Tiara

Tiara · Married on 09/08/2018

INCREDIBLE Group. So glad we found Trading Post Productions!

Trading Post Productions is such a talented group of musicians. Every song they played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour was breathtakingly beautiful. John became our DJ for the reception and absolutely rocked it. They were so helpful in planning our special day and couldn't have treated us better throughout the entire experience. We are so grateful for them!! Our wedding truly wouldn't have been as special as it was if it weren't for them. Thank you so much! 100% A+ BOOK THEM. You won't regret it!!

Barbara · Married on 09/02/2018

At the suggestion of our Event Planner, we chose Trading Post Productions to provide live music for our daughter's wedding ceremony on 9/2/18 at Arrowhead Golf Club. John and Briana's guitar and violin duo added just the right musical enhancement to the glorious mountain view setting. They worked with the bridal couple to select music that was meaningful and complemented the casual elegance of the day. Everyone enjoyed the beautiful music, and the bride and groom could not have been happier with the musical flow of the ceremony.
    Thank you, John and Briana!

L · Married on 07/22/2018

Our wedding planner recommended John and Trading Post Productions for our wedding in Vail and I am SO glad she did. One unique thing about this company is that they provide live music AND DJ services, which was so convenient! Working with John was a dream. He was kind, calm, professional and responsive to my many, many emails. From the moment we had our initial meeting with him, we knew we were in good hands and could relax. John and Brianna played live music (guitar and violin duo) during our ceremony and cocktail hour, then John took over as our DJ for the rest of the night. They also provide lighting services - we used their uplighting and a custom monogram light for our reception venue. (Side note- could have gone without the monogram light. It was much smaller than I was expecting.) John was a great DJ, he played all the songs we requested, and even aided in cutting some songs down that were too long (for the first dance, etc.) I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience with Trading Post Duo, and I would recommend them again and again!

Candra · Married on 07/21/2018

AMAZING!!! Would work with over and over

So easy to work with!! They got my vibe of the wedding perfectly and it all rolled out from there. They required very little management and over exceeded my expectations. I would 100% recommend working with them. We still have people complimentary the live music during our ceremony. Plus they learned a custom song for my walk down the aisle.

Christian · Married on 07/19/2018

By far and away the best experience we could have asked for! They made our wedding experience better than we could have imagined!

Janice · Married on 06/23/2018

We used Trading Post Productions, John and Briana, to play live music for our wedding ceremony, and John DJ’d our reception, both at the top of Keystone Mountain in Colorado. In addition to being talented musicians, they were also very responsive to our requests and questions, clearly had a lot of experience at this, and overall gave us a lot of confidence in them beforehand that things would turn out well. And they did! The music was beautiful, and could be heard well by us and our guests. Not easy at an outdoor wedding on top of a mountain with wind. Their musical talent doesn’t stop with playing songs. They were able to arrange new songs that were not in their existing repertoire (which is already extensive). John also did a great job of DJ’ing the reception, including getting us miked up for speeches. They were really the height of professionalism throughout the entire process, from planning, to wedding day, to getting us a recording of the ceremony.

Courtney · Married on 06/20/2018

John and Briana performed for our Catholic ceremony on June 20, 2018. Their music filled the chapel with such amazing beauty! When I approached the doors to the chapel with my dad, about to walk down the aisle, I couldn't help but tear up and said to him "Why did I have to go with such beautiful music and talented musicians?!" We have continued to receive compliments on how beautiful it was, and I cannot recommend Trading Post Productions enough! John is very easy to communicate with, especially since I was planning the wedding from Indiana, and he is quick to respond to any needs. I would hire them for our day all over again, and trust them with all of my siblings and closest friends' weddings!

Ann · Married on 06/16/2018

I feel so lucky to have found Trading Post Productions. John was amazing to work with! Extremely responsive to emails and calls. He even called me a couple days before the wedding to make sure we have everything just right. I had him and Brianna play live music during the ceremony and dinner. Then had John DJ for the reception, I cannot tell you what a great job he did! I have a slightly obscure choice in music and he fit the songs I wanted in perfectly!! Everyone kept talking about how amazing the music was!
    They are both so extremely talented. I got tons of compliments about them all night! They also learned a couple of songs for us and even sent us recordings so we could listen to them before the wedding. I cannot express enough how wonderful they were to work with and to have at our wedding. I would recommend them to my friends and family members without a doubt! You will not be disappointed if you hire them!

Trading Post Productions 2

Beth · Married on 12/16/2017

John and Brianna were absolutely wonderful and SO easy to work with! I was most nervous about not being to hear the music until the actual day, but they did a beautiful job! I met with John beforehand and he was great about asking questions about the songs we wanted and really understood our vision for what we were going for! He was professional and so friendly, and helped us figure out our song choices since we did not know anything about music! He was so flexible with changes and last minute adjustments we made to the processional and played the songs we had chosen beautifully! They were exactly what I was looking for and it was wonderful to have them as a part of our day!

Jen · Married on 10/13/2017

What can I say? They were just wonderful for us to work with from start to finish! They gave my wedding the beautiful ambiance that only live instruments can provide and were so accommodating during the process. I couldn't ask for more.

Graham · Married on 10/07/2017

Hire Trading Post Productions. It's as simple as that, really. I was very worried about the music, and didn't know how to trust someone with it. It feels like a lot to give up, especially in an age when you can be your own DJ with Spotify or other services. But if you go with Trading Post, you are going to get professionalism and kindness and a fantastic experience - a better one than you could put together yourself, for sure. John is easy to work with and responsive. We worked with him to create a music plan leading up to the wedding, and he and Briana performed live music during the ceremony and cocktail hour. Then John was our DJ for the reception. I think I had more compliments on the music than on anything else around the wedding. The dance floor was full all night - John can read a room when it comes to music, for sure. And the live music was just amazing.

If you trust Trading Post, you're going to have a beautiful wedding experience, at least when it comes to the music!

AshandKara · Married on 09/04/2017

John and Brianna were the best choice for our wedding! They played the most beautiful acoustic music during our ceremony and cocktail hour, creating an elegant environment while still feeling familiar and homey. They were extremely responsive and communicative throughout the planning process. They were willing to incorporate any small detail or request we had and make it all come together better than we could have ever planned. John was an amazing MC, maintaining a perfect flow for the evening. He also kept the dance floor packed ALL night, never a dull moment! It was the most fun we have ever had! Thank you to them for all their work! Trading Post Productions is no doubt the best choice for your special day!

Nick · Married on 08/19/2017

Trading Post was instrumental (pun intended) in making the best day of our lives even more memorable and magical. We had John and Brianna playing violin and guitar during our ceremony and cocktail hour, and it really set the stage for a spectacular wedding. They learned several songs that had tremendous meaning and performed them beautifully. I can't say enough about how talented they are as musicians. Not only that, but they recorded the music and audio from the whole ceremony, so we have it all to listen to again on our anniversary.

We also had John stick around to EMCEE/DJ or reception. John was incredibly organized, welcoming, and confident as an emcee, even when we asked to switch some things up on the fly. He also killed it as a DJ! I could tell he was reading the crowd, and as some of our younger guests headed out to the bonfire, he switched up the vibe to some old-school crowdpleasers that kept people dancing and having a great time.

Also, in the lead up to the wedding, John was incredibly communicative and quick to respond to all my questions. He was super organized throughout and I think Trading Post's prices are incredibly reasonable for the amazing value they brought to our wedding.

To John and Brianna, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for caring about our wedding day as much as we did. You guys truly helped make it a more amazing day than we could have imagined.

Andrew · Married on 08/12/2017

Trading Post Productions played at our wedding at our ceremony and reception at Strawberry Creek Ranch in Granby, CO. We had the string quartet for the ceremony/cocktail hour and then John took over as DJ for dinner and dancing. They did a wonderful job in both regards! John worked with us to learn some new songs for the cocktail hour and even our first dance! He also was happy to take recommendations for the reception so we could hear songs that we were interested in. My wife and I cannot recommend Trading Post Productions enough! We both received so many compliments from the guests about the music throughout! Wedding planning can be extremely stressful but John really takes on some of the burden which was much appreciated! We are so glad they were part of our wedding day and you will be too!

Lesley · Married on 07/02/2017

We loved that we could have live music for our reception/cocktail hour/dinner and then a dj for dancing all from one vendor. The music was perfect the entire night and kept everyone on the dance floor! We would hire them again in a heart beat!

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

Trading Post Productions played at our ceremony and reception. They played the guitar and violin beautifully at the Cheesman Park Pavilion and then followed along to the Denver Athletic Club for cocktail hour and a wonderful reception. We had a great time and they kept the party going! Not only were they extremely talented musicians, they were amazing hosts at our wedding reception as well. They were professional, easy to communicate and plan with, and beyond talented. I highly recommend booking Trading Post Productions for your special event!!

• Michael

Michael · Married on 10/15/2016

These two were awesome. Family and Friends couldn't say enough great things about the Trading Post Duo. They played live music (great voice) at our ceremony, evening learning a new song to play as we walked from the ceremony site to the venue. The played live music during our cocktail hour and DJ'd the rest of the evening. They had our reception guest dancing up a storm. I can't thank them enough for entertainment and joy they brought to me and my spouse on our wonderful day.

Lindsay · Married on 09/17/2016

We used Trading Post Duo for ceremony music for our wedding and could not be happier. They were AMAZING. So many guests commented on their professionalism and musical ability. John was so responsive during the planning phases, and went above and beyond to get the equipment we needed for our venue. They seamlessly incorporated our more modern requests (pearl jam etc) with more traditional wedding songs. I would recommend them a thousand times over. Thank you Trading Post Duo!!

Blaine · Married on 07/23/2016

John and Briana performed at our mountain wedding in July and they were absolutely fabulous! We listened to several different types, styles and bands and as soon as we heard The Trading Post Duo's music, we knew they were very talented. However, what we didn't know at that time were all of the additional perks of selecting them to perform at our wedding. They were very responsive in our communications and met with us in person, before we even agreed to have them perform at our wedding, just to discuss the ceremony, reception and overall idea of the wedding. This included the types of music to be performed, what would be done at each step of the way. They were both so very nice and helpful in pointing us in the right direction when we had questions about what we were doing. We never felt pressured, only a sense of genuine wanting to help out. They also offered to learn two new songs just for our wedding, which helped make our ceremony truly "ours". Including 1 song of a small, local band that they had never heard of and they changed the arrangement slightly to better fit the ceremony, which turned out great. They also scheduled a call the week before the wedding to make sure and cover any last minute changes and confirm that we were both on the same page, which was a big relief during that stressful timeframe.
    They were flexible for our ceremony and always kept an eye out for us and any changes. We never had to worry about timing for ceremony as they were able to adapt on the fly to the situation and timing on their own.
    We received a lot of unprovoked compliments from our friends and family about how much they enjoyed the music and how nice the duo were. People got excited about songs they recognized when they started to play them. They have a great selection and variety of music, too.
    This is a long review, but it's due to John and Briana being far better than we ever imagined! We would highly recommend them for any and all occasions!

John and Briana added the perfect touch to my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. From the moment that we communicated with them, to our saying good-bye & thanks, they were supportive, accommodating, attentive to what we wanted (not what they wanted to provide), and responsive. Their music before, during and through the reception dinner was spectacular. I felt like the music 'floated through the mountain air'. Their selections, as DJ, after the dinner was to the enjoyment of everyone present! I would recommend (100%) John and Briana, and am confident that experiences by others will be just as amazing as ours.

Bobby · Married on 09/06/2015

Absolutely perfect music for our Sunday Brunch Wedding!

We were looking for a simple acoustic 2-4 piece band that could play a range of classics, as well as a few songs we requested. The music we were looking for was a combination of French Guitar, Hot Club Jazz, and various classic artists such as Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong. We found the Trading Post Duo, and the samples they provided fit the musical style we were looking for perfectly. John and Briana were very professional about everything, and more than willing to learn a few of our requested songs they had not played yet. They are very well versed musicians, and can play a wide variety of genres. We had them play before and during our ceremony, as well as the beginning of our reception (first dances, and brunch). The Trading Post Duo was exactly what we were hoping for and they hit it out of the park!

-Bobby & Járie

Jamie · Married on 06/14/2015

John and his wife where wonderful! They provided a duet of guitar and violin music in our ceremony. We asked them to play a song that they didn't have in their regular selection and they found the music we wanted and performed it for us.

They were amazing to have at our reception as well. The live music was both beautiful and festive and was the perfect backdrop for our cocktail hour. They played a classical twist on popular songs. My husband and I highly recommend them if you are looking for a sophisticated and fun feel to the music at your wedding celebration.