Trading Post Productions Reviews

Trading Post Productions 3
  • Hollis

Hollis Thomann · Married on 06/08/2019

Fantastic! Ceremony Music, DJ, A/V Equipment in One

What a great "one-stop shop!" John and Briana were great throughout the whole process. I mostly communicated with John and he was such a calming presence from the beginning. He expressed interest in the sort of "different" things that we wanted to do and also let us relax and dictate as much of the music as we wanted. John and Briana did our ceremony music live and also during cocktail hour, which sounded amazing (we received many compliments throughout and after the wedding about them!), and then John served as our DJ during the reception. John was also very patient with us when we were still running around getting pictures done when he was getting ready to mic us for the ceremony. John was a perfect balance of following our sample (way too long) playlist as a guidepost, making announcements when necessary (unlike DJs in movies who talk too much and have very ~extra~ personalities), and played great music so that our dance floor was full nearly the whole evening! It's a good sign at a party when the music is ending and everyone wants it to keep going! They were both so sweet and personable throughout. Could not have asked for more!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • #

#mountaingingers · Married on 05/26/2019

Wedding Music of Perfection

John and his wife Breann, provided our reception music and emcee-ing. The acoustic duo was so tasteful, and the variety of music they had in their repertoire was so impressive!!

We had such a variety of guests (ages) and everyone enjoyed the music as they ate and danced. John have some vocals to some of the songs and sounded wonderful, a little bit of lighting during the dancing gave a good mood throughout the reception. They composed a few songs that we requested as personal favorites to be played and did an amazing job with all of them!

They were so professional, and very relatable- in fact I would consider them friends :) If you want beautiful wedding music, I would highly recommend Trading Post Productions!

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Trading Post Productions 4
    Trading Post Productions 5

Tony B · Married on 12/08/2018

Exceeded All Expectations

John & Briana are incredibly talented musicians and very delightful people. They played a beautiful duo during the prelude and ceremony of our wedding and provided the DJ/MC services throughout the cocktail hour, dinner & reception. Our guests were raving about them. Together, they made sure that our special day was elegant, personable, memorable & fun. I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants to add a beautiful and unique touch to their event. Two thumbs way, way up.

Sent on 12/13/2018
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 10/13/2018

Can’t Recommend Them Enough!!

John and Briana were incredible! So on top of it, I didn’t have to think about a thing regarding music on the wedding day. I got so many compliments on the live music as well as John’s DJ skills! I couldn’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Amber Maniates · Married on 10/11/2018

They were amazing!

John and Briana made our day so special. They are so incredibly talented and their music was everything we had hoped for and more. Our guests were blown away with them during cocktail hour as well and we received numerous compliments about their music. Thank you to the Trading Post Duo for such a special contribution to our magical day!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Kelsey B. · Married on 10/04/2018

Amazing Night of Music

John and his wife made my dreams come true on my wedding day! We had both instrumental music and a DJ set, and I loved that they offer both so we didn't have to stress about finding multiple vendors. John was amazing. He worked with me on the songs I wanted for big occasions and had suggestions for songs that I didn't even realize I needed. We had a guitar and violin for the ceremony as well as during dinner, and then John did a DJ set for the reception. We had an absolute blast! Everyone was happy with the song choices and danced the night away. We'll definitely be talking about this night (and the dance moves) for the rest of our lives, and the music is one of the reasons why it was so much fun!! Could not have picked better musicians for our wedding!

Sent on 12/20/2018
  • Tiara

Tiara · Married on 09/08/2018

INCREDIBLE Group. So glad we found Trading Post Productions!

Trading Post Productions is such a talented group of musicians. Every song they played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour was breathtakingly beautiful. John became our DJ for the reception and absolutely rocked it. They were so helpful in planning our special day and couldn't have treated us better throughout the entire experience. We are so grateful for them!! Our wedding truly wouldn't have been as special as it was if it weren't for them. Thank you so much! 100% A+ BOOK THEM. You won't regret it!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Barbara · Married on 09/02/2018

At the suggestion of our Event Planner, we chose Trading Post Productions to provide live music for our daughter's wedding ceremony on 9/2/18 at Arrowhead Golf Club. John and Briana's guitar and violin duo added just the right musical enhancement to the glorious mountain view setting. They worked with the bridal couple to select music that was meaningful and complemented the casual elegance of the day. Everyone enjoyed the beautiful music, and the bride and groom could not have been happier with the musical flow of the ceremony.
    Thank you, John and Briana!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Tim Robinson · Married on 08/19/2018

Trading Post is amazing!

Trading Post Productions was amazing! They did a fantastic job at both the live music at the ceremony and the DJing at the reception. John and his wife were great to work with and very fairly priced! They even provided us with the audio from the wedding...which is going above and beyond!

I would recommend them to anyone and everyone we know!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Andrea Drabczyk · Married on 08/18/2018

Highly Recommend!!

John and Briana with Trading Post Productions were the perfect addition to our wedding day! The acoustic set they played during our ceremony was so beautiful and everyone loved it. When John transitioned to DJ for the night, he did a fantastic job of keeping the party going and was great about incorporating guest requests. In addition to that, Trading Post Productions was so wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding. They accommodated our special requests with no issues, and John even went out of his way to incorporate a very special request for my father daughter dance. I would highly recommend Trading Post Productions. They are so talented and you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 01/11/2019

L · Married on 07/22/2018

Our wedding planner recommended John and Trading Post Productions for our wedding in Vail and I am SO glad she did. One unique thing about this company is that they provide live music AND DJ services, which was so convenient! Working with John was a dream. He was kind, calm, professional and responsive to my many, many emails. From the moment we had our initial meeting with him, we knew we were in good hands and could relax. John and Brianna played live music (guitar and violin duo) during our ceremony and cocktail hour, then John took over as our DJ for the rest of the night. They also provide lighting services - we used their uplighting and a custom monogram light for our reception venue. (Side note- could have gone without the monogram light. It was much smaller than I was expecting.) John was a great DJ, he played all the songs we requested, and even aided in cutting some songs down that were too long (for the first dance, etc.) I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience with Trading Post Duo, and I would recommend them again and again!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Candra · Married on 07/21/2018

AMAZING!!! Would work with over and over

So easy to work with!! They got my vibe of the wedding perfectly and it all rolled out from there. They required very little management and over exceeded my expectations. I would 100% recommend working with them. We still have people complimentary the live music during our ceremony. Plus they learned a custom song for my walk down the aisle.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Christian · Married on 07/19/2018

By far and away the best experience we could have asked for! They made our wedding experience better than we could have imagined!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Janice · Married on 06/23/2018

We used Trading Post Productions, John and Briana, to play live music for our wedding ceremony, and John DJ’d our reception, both at the top of Keystone Mountain in Colorado. In addition to being talented musicians, they were also very responsive to our requests and questions, clearly had a lot of experience at this, and overall gave us a lot of confidence in them beforehand that things would turn out well. And they did! The music was beautiful, and could be heard well by us and our guests. Not easy at an outdoor wedding on top of a mountain with wind. Their musical talent doesn’t stop with playing songs. They were able to arrange new songs that were not in their existing repertoire (which is already extensive). John also did a great job of DJ’ing the reception, including getting us miked up for speeches. They were really the height of professionalism throughout the entire process, from planning, to wedding day, to getting us a recording of the ceremony.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Courtney · Married on 06/20/2018

John and Briana performed for our Catholic ceremony on June 20, 2018. Their music filled the chapel with such amazing beauty! When I approached the doors to the chapel with my dad, about to walk down the aisle, I couldn't help but tear up and said to him "Why did I have to go with such beautiful music and talented musicians?!" We have continued to receive compliments on how beautiful it was, and I cannot recommend Trading Post Productions enough! John is very easy to communicate with, especially since I was planning the wedding from Indiana, and he is quick to respond to any needs. I would hire them for our day all over again, and trust them with all of my siblings and closest friends' weddings!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Ann · Married on 06/16/2018

I feel so lucky to have found Trading Post Productions. John was amazing to work with! Extremely responsive to emails and calls. He even called me a couple days before the wedding to make sure we have everything just right. I had him and Brianna play live music during the ceremony and dinner. Then had John DJ for the reception, I cannot tell you what a great job he did! I have a slightly obscure choice in music and he fit the songs I wanted in perfectly!! Everyone kept talking about how amazing the music was!
    They are both so extremely talented. I got tons of compliments about them all night! They also learned a couple of songs for us and even sent us recordings so we could listen to them before the wedding. I cannot express enough how wonderful they were to work with and to have at our wedding. I would recommend them to my friends and family members without a doubt! You will not be disappointed if you hire them!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Trading Post Productions 6

Beth · Married on 12/16/2017

John and Brianna were absolutely wonderful and SO easy to work with! I was most nervous about not being to hear the music until the actual day, but they did a beautiful job! I met with John beforehand and he was great about asking questions about the songs we wanted and really understood our vision for what we were going for! He was professional and so friendly, and helped us figure out our song choices since we did not know anything about music! He was so flexible with changes and last minute adjustments we made to the processional and played the songs we had chosen beautifully! They were exactly what I was looking for and it was wonderful to have them as a part of our day!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Jen · Married on 10/13/2017

What can I say? They were just wonderful for us to work with from start to finish! They gave my wedding the beautiful ambiance that only live instruments can provide and were so accommodating during the process. I couldn't ask for more.

Sent on 04/11/2018

Graham · Married on 10/07/2017

Hire Trading Post Productions. It's as simple as that, really. I was very worried about the music, and didn't know how to trust someone with it. It feels like a lot to give up, especially in an age when you can be your own DJ with Spotify or other services. But if you go with Trading Post, you are going to get professionalism and kindness and a fantastic experience - a better one than you could put together yourself, for sure. John is easy to work with and responsive. We worked with him to create a music plan leading up to the wedding, and he and Briana performed live music during the ceremony and cocktail hour. Then John was our DJ for the reception. I think I had more compliments on the music than on anything else around the wedding. The dance floor was full all night - John can read a room when it comes to music, for sure. And the live music was just amazing.

If you trust Trading Post, you're going to have a beautiful wedding experience, at least when it comes to the music!

Sent on 11/06/2017

AshandKara · Married on 09/04/2017

John and Brianna were the best choice for our wedding! They played the most beautiful acoustic music during our ceremony and cocktail hour, creating an elegant environment while still feeling familiar and homey. They were extremely responsive and communicative throughout the planning process. They were willing to incorporate any small detail or request we had and make it all come together better than we could have ever planned. John was an amazing MC, maintaining a perfect flow for the evening. He also kept the dance floor packed ALL night, never a dull moment! It was the most fun we have ever had! Thank you to them for all their work! Trading Post Productions is no doubt the best choice for your special day!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Nick · Married on 08/19/2017

Trading Post was instrumental (pun intended) in making the best day of our lives even more memorable and magical. We had John and Brianna playing violin and guitar during our ceremony and cocktail hour, and it really set the stage for a spectacular wedding. They learned several songs that had tremendous meaning and performed them beautifully. I can't say enough about how talented they are as musicians. Not only that, but they recorded the music and audio from the whole ceremony, so we have it all to listen to again on our anniversary.

We also had John stick around to EMCEE/DJ or reception. John was incredibly organized, welcoming, and confident as an emcee, even when we asked to switch some things up on the fly. He also killed it as a DJ! I could tell he was reading the crowd, and as some of our younger guests headed out to the bonfire, he switched up the vibe to some old-school crowdpleasers that kept people dancing and having a great time.

Also, in the lead up to the wedding, John was incredibly communicative and quick to respond to all my questions. He was super organized throughout and I think Trading Post's prices are incredibly reasonable for the amazing value they brought to our wedding.

To John and Brianna, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for caring about our wedding day as much as we did. You guys truly helped make it a more amazing day than we could have imagined.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Andrew · Married on 08/12/2017

Trading Post Productions played at our wedding at our ceremony and reception at Strawberry Creek Ranch in Granby, CO. We had the string quartet for the ceremony/cocktail hour and then John took over as DJ for dinner and dancing. They did a wonderful job in both regards! John worked with us to learn some new songs for the cocktail hour and even our first dance! He also was happy to take recommendations for the reception so we could hear songs that we were interested in. My wife and I cannot recommend Trading Post Productions enough! We both received so many compliments from the guests about the music throughout! Wedding planning can be extremely stressful but John really takes on some of the burden which was much appreciated! We are so glad they were part of our wedding day and you will be too!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Lesley · Married on 07/02/2017

We loved that we could have live music for our reception/cocktail hour/dinner and then a dj for dancing all from one vendor. The music was perfect the entire night and kept everyone on the dance floor! We would hire them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

Trading Post Productions played at our ceremony and reception. They played the guitar and violin beautifully at the Cheesman Park Pavilion and then followed along to the Denver Athletic Club for cocktail hour and a wonderful reception. We had a great time and they kept the party going! Not only were they extremely talented musicians, they were amazing hosts at our wedding reception as well. They were professional, easy to communicate and plan with, and beyond talented. I highly recommend booking Trading Post Productions for your special event!!

Sent on 06/07/2017
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 10/15/2016

These two were awesome. Family and Friends couldn't say enough great things about the Trading Post Duo. They played live music (great voice) at our ceremony, evening learning a new song to play as we walked from the ceremony site to the venue. The played live music during our cocktail hour and DJ'd the rest of the evening. They had our reception guest dancing up a storm. I can't thank them enough for entertainment and joy they brought to me and my spouse on our wonderful day.

Sent on 10/31/2016