Track Seven DJ Reviews

Track Seven DJ 5

Kate · Married on 08/13/2016

3.6
      0.0

We were very happy with Track 7 and Justin. While he was hard to schedule meetings with at times, he was there when it counted and our guests were very happy with the music choices. We asked for jazz during dinner and dancing music for the party; dinner music was loud enough to be heard but soft enough that guests were able to talk. Justin kept guests on the dance floor; there was a moment when people started to leave the dance floor; Justin switched the music and people quickly were back dancing.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/31/2014

1.8
      2.0

My Dj missed some pretty important cues at the ceremony. I gave a list of song requests prior to the reception and hardly any were played. We didn't even get to do a dollar dance because by the time we got to it a lot of people had left. All my friends were talking about how their request weren't being played. Although he was a nice guy I'm pretty disappointed with the way things turned out.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Track Seven DJ's reply:

This is not meant to be a list of excuses, but rather an explanation to these issues that were described above.

Unfortunately, the missed cue at the ceremony was completely out of our control. We were at the mercy of the AV guy at the venue. H was the one who killed the sound system early. The song WAS playing, he had just turned the system off. As soon as he realized it, he turned it back on to the music playing. It was too late.
    We came to the bride and groom TWICE to see about the dollar dance and the bride said, "not yet, I don't want to kill the dance floor" When she was ready, too many people had left so she decided not to do it.
    We still have the song list fro the evening. We played EVERY REQUEST except for two. The two we didn't play were because one was explicit and we weren't able to get a clean version. The other song was Stranglehold by Ted Nugent. (enough said)
    The bottom line is that IF you are reading this response, it means that you had to scroll past 70+ positive reviews. I don't mean to sound cocky, I just realize that you can't please everyone and some people will not be happy no matter what. If we screwed up, I would admit it and humbly apologize. However, this review is misleading. Thank you for reading......

0.6
      0.5

My daughter and I contacted Joel a couple of months before the wedding. We sat down with him and went over program and expectations. He stated the only reason he would cancel was in case of emergency. Every contract should spell out what constitutes an emergency! Two weeks before the wedding he cancelled because" a previously unplanned family celebration had come up" While he freely admitted he didn't have to go to this gathering he did so anyway. I felt he wasn't truthful! This was not an emergency.
    He left us "in good hands with Justin". The wedding began at 5:30. At 7:00 the official from rooftop informed me the DJ was not present. We were ready to introduce wedding party and he wasn't there. The Rooftop director contacted chef to delay dinner 15 more min while we struggled with what to do and come up with a plan- which we did. Then!!- he shows up. I should have sent him out rather then using him.it was a disruptive blot in an otherwise great evening. Justin did a below average job when he got there. He forgot to introduce flower girls and didn't have 2 words to say the entire evening. Other than playing songs he added nothing to the evening. Generally a DJ is a positive vocal leader. He wasn't.
    My daughter chose this vendor because they had good ratings. Undoubtably, they can perform. They simply didn't. In our first meeting I told Joel , this being our 6th wedding in our family that the ONLY vendor we had ever had a
    Problem with were DJ's!!! So he knew in advance of our concern then proceeded to make poor choices.
    Stick with vendors that your facility has had experience with! He was not on the Rooftop's recommended list. The lists the facilities have undoubtably are not the ONLY good ones but simply the ones they are very experienced with.

Sent on 09/02/2014