TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm Reviews

27 Reviews for TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm

TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm 1
TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm 2

Shawnee · Married on 09/23/2017

We could not have chosen a better place to celebrate our wedding. Sarah was thoughtful, full of wonderful suggestions, organized, on top of everything, and fun to work with. The venue was gorgeous and everyone treated us wonderfully. It was a memorable event and a phenomenal venue.

Sent on 11/27/2017
    TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm 3
    TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm 4

Laura · Married on 08/05/2017

This venue is absolutely stunning, but what really made my wedding perfect was working with Sarah Puckett! Sarah and her team did an amazing job and made the whole process and the day of just... PERFECT!!! Sarah was super helpful, knowledgeable, and detail oriented! I have to agree with the other brides that working with her felt like having a wedding planner!! I just can't get over how perfect everything went! I am so thankful I had Sarah there to help with everything!

Sent on 08/22/2017

carolyn · Married on 07/15/2017

the best person ever, very organized, very nice, very responsible

Sent on 07/31/2017

Christina · Married on 05/27/2017

I held my wedding reception at Avenel and couldn't be happier with my decision! Sarah Puckett is absolutely AMAZING!! I did not have a wedding planner, so I ran all my questions through Sarah based on her own recent wedding experience and her experience coordinating weddings at Avenel. She was always so responsive to my emails and phone calls and was so incredibly friendly through the whole process. Sarah helped coordinate everything for the day-of so I did not have to worry about anything - from the band set up and table arrangements to coordinating the first dances, cake cutting, and sparkler exit. The food was excellent and the setting overlooking the golf course could not have been more beautiful. I had around 100 guests and the ballroom and patio were the perfect size to not feel crowded, but not empty. I especially liked having the whole club to ourselves so both the bridesmaids and groomsmen were able to get ready at Avenel prior to the ceremony and in between the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend TPC Potomac to anyone looking for an amazing venue with fantastic service!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Hannah · Married on 05/13/2017

Sarah was so friendly and easy to work with. She went above and beyond to accommodate to my needs. The venue was beautiful but Sarah was the reason that TPC was a great choice to work with.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Maggie · Married on 10/22/2016

So great start to finish. We knew we wanted to get married here the first time we drove up. It's absolutely beautiful. And it's even better because you get Sarah with it. Sarah is the events manager, and she's as amazing (if not more amazing) than the location itself. Sarah was able to plan everything for us, start to finish, and made our day perfect all while planning her own wedding just one week after ours! Seriously, Sarah made our lives so easy and we wouldn't have been able to do it without her. There was no room charge, no non member fee, and we were even able to do the bridal prep there. Best day ever is the understatement of the century.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Judy · Married on 10/01/2016

Sarah from TPC is the best wedding coordinator any bride could ever ask for. She went above and beyond to help us the entire process of wedding planning. She managed to give me exactly what we had wanted on our big day. On the day of, she even helped me with my table names when I dropped the ball on this task. The rest of the staff were just as professional and helpful. I was extremely happy with everything and would highly recommend TPC for any couple getting married.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Derrek · Married on 07/16/2016

The venue is gorgeous, but the real standout is Sarah Long. She's the event coordinator and handled EVERYTHING for us. All the way from the very beginning of quotes to the very end with cleaning up after the reception. She was there with us the whole time for the rehearsal, the wedding setup and all the way through the dancing afterward. She counseled us when we had to make a last-minute decision to move the ceremony inside (still beautiful), and helped move the reception along on schedule.

Yes, Avenel is great place to have your wedding, but Sarah Long is an even better bargain. She took a fantastic venue and helped us create a genuinely, wonderful, amazing wedding and reception. Thank you very much, Sarah. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 08/20/2016

Sarah was an absolute pleasure to work with! Planning with her was painless and she remembered all the small details that I easily forgot! The food was delicious, the staff was professional, hardworking and kind and we always felt as if we were the only wedding on the books! The staff here knows what they're doing and truly care about making your wedding day seamless! I had my dream wedding and I can't thank Sarah and the staff at TPC enough! :)

Sent on 07/22/2016

Amie · Married on 06/18/2016

I can't say enough about the TPC team especially Sarah Long who executed our event. I felt like I had a wedding planner!! Sarah was on our team and committed to executing our vision through a year long planning process. She was at the event to make sure everything came together and we were taken care of throughout the night. I rested easy throughout the planning knowing that our reception was in Sarah's hands!! Our guests are still taking about the beautiful venue and the delicious food. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Catherine · Married on 05/14/2016

Sarah and the rest of the staff were great. They went out of their way to put everything for cocktail hour outside last minute when the rain stopped. Sarah was also super helpful with all of the planning. She also was really quick in responding to emails!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Lindsay · Married on 05/07/2016

TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm was absolutely amazing. The venue was fantastic and the staff/team there went above and beyond to make our day special. I could not imagine having our wedding and any future events elsewhere.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/29/2015

My husband and I held an absolutely perfect wedding here this past August. If you are looking for classic, casual elegance, stop looking and book this venue as soon as you can.

The club is tucked back in Potomac with beautiful rolling hills at the end of a long drive lined with old trees (and horses!). It is convenient to everything but feels miles away. Aside from the wonderful scenery and location, what really sold us on Avenel was the incredible staff. Sarah Long, the events coordinator, is an absolute professional and SUCH a pleasure to work with -- every interaction with her was prompt, attentive, thoughtful and kind. So many wedding venues feel like a wedding factory -- at Avenel we felt incredibly valued from our first interaction and the impeccable service continued up to our big day. The food was amazing and Sarah worked closely with us to combine different options in order to create our perfect day within our budget. Having Sarah on staff (at no additional charge) is truly an incredible value. She worked with each of our vendors leading up to the big day, coordinated our rehearsal, and ensured every detail was taken care of on our wedding day. We cannot thank the entire staff of TPC Avenel enough for making our day so special. Our guests are still raving that it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Christine · Married on 08/22/2015

We are extremely pleased with every single aspect of our wedding held at TPC. There are many reasons why this venue is ideal for a wedding – and just about any occasion – but we will focus on three main points.

First and foremost, the staff at TPC Potomac is comprised of true wedding professionals that really understand the level of complexities and necessary details to plan an event of this magnitude. From the moment we met Ms. Long, we were impressed by her capacity to grasp each and every detail. In fact, not only was she able to visualize the ideas that we had, but she even proposed many that we adopted and turned out to be excellent. Equally noteworthy, every TPC Staff member was courteous, polite, and genuinely put the effort to make sure that everything went as smooth as possible. In sum, from top to bottom, the staff at TPC handled each and all of our needs including some adjustments that we had to make literally days before the event.

Second, the location of this venue is extremely accessible. I cannot stress how critical this was for all of our guests that were evenly spread among the DMV area. As most couples, my wife and I visited many venues in Virginia and Maryland but TPC was, by far, the easiest to get to without much difficulty. More notably, the area is very welcoming and the small drive through the course and into the club house is scenic. With regards to the menu, TPC provides a variety of menu options with a more than adequate meal size. Our guests could not stop commenting about the quality of the food and service.

Last but not least, we highly recommend TPC because we felt welcomed since the day we walked in. As we developed our plan and details, our questions and requests were quickly answered with a smile. Ms. Long was involved in every step of the way and personally attended to coordinate the event during the actual wedding day. To conclude, TPC is absolutely worth a visit if you are looking for a venue!

Sent on 09/25/2015

Our daughter's wedding day was perfect. The reception was wonderful - and we will have many fond memories of that evening.
    The folks at TCP Potomac at Avenel Farm did an outstanding job. As a venue, it was absolutely beautiful. The food was delicious. Sarah Long and all the staff were very friendly, accommodating and professional. It was a such a pleasure to work with Sarah in planning out the event. She was delightful, kind and very professional and thanks to her efforts and attention to detail everything went smoothly.

We were very pleased and highly recommend TCP.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Jenny · Married on 08/15/2015

TPC Potomac went above and beyond to make sure that my wedding was perfect from start to finish. From the moment my fiance (now husband) and I walked in for our first meeting, they made us feel so welcome and comfortable. They genuinely wanted to earn our business and we willing to accommodate pretty much every request we sent to them. There are too many positive things for me to fit here, so I'll simply list some of the highlights of the tremendous service we received:
    1. We were allowed to bring decorations several days in advance, which made the week before the wedding much more relaxed.
    2. We had access to almost the entire clubhouse for the whole day (unlike other venues, they don't do multiple events on Saturdays).
    3. The entire TPC staff (even those who are not involved in weddings like the golf shop employees) were incredibly courteous and helpful to me and my family, bridal party and guests.
    4. The food selection is amazing and everything is delicious.
    5. The pricing is on par with (or slightly below) many other venues in the area and they do not charge a venue rental fee.
    6. The clubhouse and grounds are absolutely stunning.
    7. We always received prompt responses to emails/phone calls. Sarah always made me feel like my event was priority #1 for her.

Sent on 09/09/2015

If I could give Sarah 10 stars I would. She was professional, attentive, accomindating, and easy to work with. She made the entire wedding process (planning and execution) easy. I highly recommend TPC Potomac and Avenel Farms. What a fantastic night! Thank you Sarah and the rest of the staff.

Sent on 06/22/2015

My Fiancé and I had the pleasure of working with Sarah and the TPC Potomac Team over the course of the past year and a half, and I can only say good things! To start, Sarah was super responsive and attentive during the entire planning process. From helping us select our photographer, DJ, florist, etc, her knowledge and expertise was evident in her recommendations and we could not be more happy with their services! Transitioning into the menu selection process, Sarah and the Executive Chef were very accommodating to our guests' widespread dietary restrictions, and even made the point of following up with each and every one of the special guests at the beginning of the reception to ensure the selected meal was satisfactory to their restricted diets prior to being served. This personal attention given truly amazed us! I highly recommend TPC Potomac to other Brides & Grooms, and we will never forget how special Sarah and her Team made our special day truly unique and unforgettable!

Sent on 06/09/2015

TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm is an incredible venue, inside and out. We are so glad that we had the opportunity to have our wedding here. It was an absolute pleasure working with Sarah Long (Event Manager) and the rest of the TPC Potomac staff. Sarah, you are a true professional and a delight to work with. We will always remember you as our captain on our special day! All of our guests raved about how nice the venue was, how delicious all the food was, as well as how intimate and personal the wedding was instead of being just a big party. We really appreciate how smooth the entire process was. Thank you again for all the preparation, your flexibility and thoroughness, as well as accommodating our last minute changes (due to a drop in temperature). Sarah, you are Awesome! =D

Sent on 04/12/2015

Tara · event on 07/16/2014

I worked with Sarah Long to plan an offsite leadership meeting for my team of 9 senior level executives. It is important to mention that I am in Atlanta, and this was all done remotely. Sarah was incredibly professional, extremely responsive, flexible and accommodating. She made our event a huge success, and from an event planning/administration perspective, made it easy for me. Will definitely plan another event here.

Sent on 07/22/2014

I had a fantastic experience with Sarah at TPC Potomac for my wedding. She was extremely organized, detail oriented, and prompt. She always responded to my calls, emails, etc. quickly and took care of so many things without me even having to ask. The venue itself is beautiful, the food was outstanding, and it could not have been a more perfect day! I would highly recommend Sarah & TPC Potomac to brides in the area.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Dr. & Mrs. Kenneth · Married on 11/10/2013

Sarah Long was very professional & creative while navigating the wedding of our daughter, a law student in
    Michigan along with her fiance. Since they were in Michigan, we became the local representative. Since we have lived at Avenel and our daughter grew up here, she felt it was natural to be married here in the
    Fall of 2013. Sarah helped us coordinate the ceremony in a tent overlooking the golf course at sunset and
    then inside for the cocktail and dinner. It was a small, elegant event and we are still getting comments from
    our guests at how special it was.

Sent on 07/12/2014

TPC Avenel's staff goes above and beyond to make your event wonderful for you and your guests. From the moment we met Sarah, we knew we were in capable hands, and she guided us throughout the event planning process as prepared for our wedding reception. She was our coordinator for all of our reception's details and she worked seamlessly with our many vendors to ensure no detail was forgotten. The food, wine and cocktails were wonderful, and we still have many wedding guests who remark on how delicious the food was--some say it was the best wedding meal they have ever had! Avenel's Chef and his team will work with you to ensure your menu is as unique and personalized as you would like it to be and they take special care to craft a menu that is seasonally appropriate and tailored to you and your family's tastes. From the months of planning to our wedding day, all interactions with Sarah and her team were extremely responsive and kind. We really enjoyed working with them and credit them for bringing our wedding day vision to life. We are so deeply grateful to them for hosting our beautiful reception with such grace and ease and making it a wonderful day that we will treasure forever.

Sent on 07/14/2014

K · Married on 08/06/2016

Fantastic venue with even more fantastic staff. Our coordinator, Sarah, made sure everything was taken care of, from greeting our guests to vendor coordination and the finishing touches. All the TPC Potomac staff are wonderful, and the venue itself is absolutely gorgeous.

And the food...yum.