Tourterelle Floral Design Reviews

42 Reviews for Tourterelle Floral Design

• Megan

Megan L. · Married on 11/14/2020

Romantic Brunch Wedding Florals

After postponing our destination wedding twice & then eventually cancelling — we organized a Charlottesville wedding in 5 weeks. I said a prayer & did a Google search — luckily, Tourterelle Floral popped up & Im so happy it did! I sent a general email inquiry & Lucia responded. She was quick to jump on an exploratory call with me to get a plan in motion. She was immediately kind, helpful & responsive to our situation. She was sure she could create something easy, beautiful & simple for our *new* vision of a brunch wedding. She went above & beyond! Lush, fresh florals for our “altar” were talked about by everyone. My bouquet was the most romantic bouquet I could ever hope to carry. Their prompt delivery & set up put me at ease and made the whole morning a breeze. Lucia was so sweet every step of the way — explaining which florals were in season & giving her advice for beautiful choices, but keeping our budget in mind on such short notice. Her patience was noteworthy for my poor frazzled self! I am most thankful for Lucia, Ben, & Ellena — they made the most beautiful arrangements & we appreciate them so very much!

Sent on 11/26/2020
  • Clare

Clare S. · Married on 10/16/2020

Beautiful florals delivered with love!

Lucia and her team were so wonderful to work with. I was probably a difficult customer, since I went back and forth with ideas and what we could afford. But in the end, they provided a STUNNING display of florals that I still can't believe we were able to afford. We had two bouquets, three centerpieces, and generous florals for our arch. They really outdid themselves with the design and perfect picks for flowers used in each item.

I would highly recommend Lucia and her team at Tourterelle! They made it so easy, gave us amazing florals for our wedding, and provided top-notch customer service.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Joanna

Joanna V. · Married on 09/25/2020

Above and Beyond

Lucia and her team made my dreams come true. I’m not sure how she was able to make everything so perfect. But she did! It was more than I ever could have asked for. She created the exact atmosphere that I wanted. Everything from the bouquets to the table arrangements were incredibly beautiful. Would absolutely recommend! Do not hesitate to book!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Christine

Christine L. · Married on 01/25/2020

STUNNING Floral and Candle Display for a Winter Wedding

We are so grateful to Lucia and her team for making our wedding day so beautiful. Lucia and Elena were absolutely lovely to work with. We are so appreciative that they took the time to visit the venue (Dover Hall) with us to better understand the space. They helped us articulate an absolutely gorgeous vision for our day, and were graciously flexible when seating arrangements changed. I had complete faith in Lucia and her team to do a fabulous job and they exceeded all of our expectations. Words cannot express how stunning all of the floral and candle arrangements looked. It was truly like a fairy tale. We are STILL getting compliments about how romantic, elegant, and magical everything looked.

In addition to being really thoughtful and smart professionals, the team at Tourterelle were also extremely kind and lovely people. We HIGHLY recommended Lucia and her amazing team.

(All photos by Sarah & Dave Photography)

Sent on 04/19/2020

Holly S. · Married on 10/12/2019

A Day That Dreams Came True

Tourterelle was so wonderful to work with us from beginning to end. We (The Bride, Groom, Mother of the Bride & me—Grandmother of the Bride and "Coordinator”) visited Charlottesville in mid-February before the October wedding. The warmth and thoughtfulness of their welcome made all of us know we were in the right place. They listened closely to our ideas and visions. Planning a large event from 3,000 miles away is never easy. The Bride spent considerable time with the designers that day....and 8 months later we had the most spectacular and magical day any of us ever dreamed of. The colors and the care with which the flowers were arranged or tied looked so natural.... but not a petal out of place. Everything was delivered on time. We repurposed several arrangements from the outdoor ceremony to the reception, enhancing the look in both places, and saving us on duplicate expenses. As I had the primary contact with the florist over the pre-wedding months, I can attest to their responsiveness and to their input on how we might accomplish certain looks within the constraints of our budget. I only wish that I lived in Charlottesville, or they could move to SoCal so I could have such beautiful arrangements all the time!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Patty

Patty · Married on 06/01/2019

From my first meeting with Lucia, I knew I had made the right decision booking Tourterelle Floral Design for my daughter's March 12, 2016 wedding at Pippin Hill . Lucia is so polite and calm, as is the rest of her team. She even gave us a wonderful recommendation for the wedding cake. We were coming from out of town and I knew we were in excellent hands. The flowers were absolutely breathtaking. Words can hardly do them justice. I would not hesitate to hire Lucia and her team at Tourterelle again. Absolutely a wonderful experience all around!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Kristi · Married on 03/22/2019

Tourterelle did an amazing job at figuring out everything that I wasn't able to fully explain in words but had pictured in my mind & expanded on those ideas to incorporate elements of my personality. They went above and beyond and the end result was gorgeous! I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Tourterelle Floral Design's reply:

Kristi,
    Thank you for the review and for articulating something that is important to us: helping to actualize the pictures in your mind to create a beautiful experience!
    We wish you all the best!
    ~The Tourterelle Team
  • Kat

Kat · Married on 09/09/2018

I was SO overwhelmed and incredibly happy with my wedding flowers from Tourterelle Floral Design! In some words - stunning, beautiful, delicate, perfect and simply breath-taking! I had been communicating with Lucia from Australia for most of the time leading up to the wedding, and she was prompt in her responses and excellent in communicating via email. We met in person only a week or so before the day and she was so lovely and excited for our project! She was accommodating in my requests, genuinely wanted to please me and passionate about her work. The flowers turned out to be everything I had ever pictured on my wedding day and I could not have been happier. The colours, quality and craftsmanship were excellent and we also enjoyed them for the week following our big day! Our guests were also so impressed and keep commenting on how beautiful they were - see the photos! Thank you for making our day so beautiful with your flowers!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Tourterelle Floral Design's reply:

Dear Kat,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a heart-felt review-- We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and we are so happy that you were so pleased with the whole experience!
    (Thanks also for the gorgeous photos!)
    We wish you all the best,
    ~The Tourterelle Team

Holly · Married on 10/21/2017

Gregory, Lucia and their team are beyond amazing. From the moment we had our first meeting, they impressed me by their ability to take my vague design ideas and turn them into an actual, elegant and cohesive vision. And boy did they execute. Guests were floored when they entered our venue space and saw the garlands, lanterns, and especially the hanging display. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/18/2017

M · Married on 09/23/2017

We loved working with Tourterelle! They did such an amazing job and made our vision come to life for our wedding in Charlottesville in September. They were incredible to work with, brought great ideas to the table, and did such a great job executing everything on our wedding day. We were so grateful to work with them and we can't say enough good things about them!!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/01/2016

Lucia and her team are stellar! Not only did they help bring to life my floral vision for my wedding, but they created so much more than I could have ever dreamed of! They are so detail oriented and responsive to every question I had along the way. They created a super detailed outline of the floral details when we first met and worked very hard to tweak these details throughout the year long planning process. The day of was an absolute dream and I've received so many compliments on the flowers.

They are pricey (what wedding florists aren't though), but so so so worth it. I highly recommend tourterelle!!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Christian · Married on 09/03/2016

The moment I met Lucia and her team, we immediately fell in love! Everyone at Tourterelle is extremely talented and gifted in what they do. We felt at such peace the moment we stepped into their shop. Every step of the wedding planning process went without a hitch! They did a phenomenal job taking our ideas and turning them into reality! Everything I envisioned they were able to execute above and beyond. I absolutely loved their creativity - you could share with them an idea and they knew of ways to make it even better. I lost my dad at a young age and shared with them his story. There were ways I wanted to honor and represent my dad that day, and they were so compassionate and thoughtful towards my ideas. Every little detail was so special and important to me, and I will forever be grateful to the care and time they put into making our wedding day so memorable. Every floral arrangement from our bouquets and boutonnieres, to the ceremony arrangements, to the reception decor were handled with such care and were the prettiest flowers I think I've ever seen! They truly are a remarkable team and I can not say enough good things about Tourterelle! I'm so thankful we found them, and couldn't imagine our wedding day without their unbelievable talent. There is no one else out there like Tourterelle. :)

Sent on 01/25/2017

Marilyn · Married on 07/16/2016

Lucia, Greg and the entire team at Tourterelle have stolen my heart! From my very first meeting with them I knew it was going to be a great fit as they were finishing my sentences as I was describing my vision - they just got it! They were also open to creative solutions while working within our budget. Communication during planning was wonderful and the product that was designed and delivered for our wedding was insanely gorgeous. Their design aesthetic works this whole ethereal, dreamy and chic vibe that just makes you swoon every time you flip through photos. Thank you again for all of your help to make our wedding day so special! I look forward to working with you on other events and personal occasions to come!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Holly · Married on 05/07/2016

Tourterelle could not have been more amazing for my wedding this spring. They were a joy to work with and created the most magical experience throughout the wedding weekend with beautiful floral design, event design... everything was over the top gorgeous and they created such a special, beautiful environment everywhere we went from the ceremony to the reception. I cannot thank the team enough, nor recommend them more highly. Thank you thank you!!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Deborah · Married on 04/30/2016

Tourterelle did the flowers for both our rehearsal dinner and the wedding ceremony and reception.
    They were absolutely stunning. It all started with a somewhat crazy idea that I had, they took it and ran with
    it making it happen while refining it into something much better. The plant material was absolutely
    the best and the execution was flawless. It was really fabulous, thanks to them.

I unequivocally recommend them!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Amy · Married on 11/07/2015

Words cannot express how grateful I am to Lucia, Gregory, and their incredible team at Tourterelle. They are simply the most talented people I have ever met. They were such a joy to work with from the moment I stepped into their shop until our wedding day. They were always extremely accommodating and so easy to reach! My mouth dropped open when I saw the beautiful flower arrangements for the first time. I was in awe at how perfect everything looked. I wanted a romantic, elegant feel for my fall vineyard wedding, and they nailed it 100%! The arrangements were so grand and absolutely breathtaking! I felt like I was in a fairytale. I could not have asked for anything more, it was just so perfect. I HIGHLY recommend Tourterelle!!!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Rebecca · Married on 10/11/2015

I was referred to Tourterelle Floral Design through our caterer. Lucia was excellent to work with and responded to all my questions promptly. On the day of, the flowers were delivered in excellent condition and were beautiful. Greg is an amazing floral designer.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Erin · Married on 09/26/2015

We recently had Tourterelle provide our florals for our wedding this past weekend. When Lucia showed up to deliver the bouquets and arrangements, I was floored. They were AMAZING. We had met with her to discuss what we had in mind several months prior to the wedding. She definitely went above and beyond and the flowers were so beautiful! I couldn't be any happier!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Rebecca · Married on 09/26/2015

I absolutely loved working with Tourterelle on our wedding flowers! Lucia was extremely responsive with all my questions and worked seamlessly with my planner to deliver gorgeous flowers. I was able to view a sample of the flowers in their studio and they were even more amazing the day of my wedding. They pulled together my vision perfectly and within my budget.

highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 10/05/2015

I could not have been happier to use Tourterelle for our wedding florals! They did such a beautiful job and were extremely accommodating to all of our needs. They truly listened to what I had in mind and went above and beyond to make it come true. I knew they were incredibly skilled so I gave them my vision and then let them execute. The final product turned out even more beautiful than I had in mind. All of the details were handled seamlessly and they included my personal touches in the day. They are wonderful people and do beautiful work, what more could you ask for? Everyone loved our florals at our wedding!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Deb · Married on 06/19/2015

Very accommodating and professional. Flowers were beautiful and fresh. Delivered as promised and enjoyed by all! THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Harriet · Married on 05/31/2015

The flowers from Tourterelle were absolutely incredible and far exceeded expectations. Lucia and Gregory are a delight to work with and have impeccable taste. Not only did they provide us with the most beautiful flowers (which our guests could not stop talking about), they also offered lots of helpful advice and gave insight into the wedding planning process. They provided first class service, delivering the many different flowers to all the places necessary while also adding nice touches, like allowing the bridal party to visit the store the day before to see all the flowers as they were being assembled. Tourterelle is the best there is.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Lucia and Gregory are amazing! From the get-go, their response time is incredibly prompt. They are very personable and easy to talk to. The flowers were more beautiful than I could have ever hoped for and fit my vision perfectly! Every arrangement was unique and absolutely flawless. Lucia and Gregory were also extremely helpful in recommending other vendors for us since we don't live in the Charlottesville area. I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Abbey · Married on 01/04/2015

Lucia and Greg are a floral dream team! My Husband and I absolutely loved working with them. Tourterelle made what could have been a very overwhelming process, very simple. They took our unclear ideas and turned them into stunning works of art! They are both great listeners and were able to incorporate orchids, my favorite flower, throughout our wedding and they held firm to our small budget. My wedding bouquet was breathtaking, modern, elegant and more than I ever dreamed possible. I wish I could work with Lucia and Greg everyday! We are so grateful for their beautiful work!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Lucia was great to work with and created lovely centerpieces for my son's Wedding Rehearsal dinner. Many of the guests commented on the color combination & the quality of the flowers. Tourterelle also was helpful in working with my sister-a florist on Cape Cod-in helping her to purchase and store flowers that she used the next day at the wedding. I would highly recommend this florist to provide lovely, creative arrangements for any occasion!

Sent on 11/08/2014