Total DJ Reviews

43 | San Francisco, CA

43 Reviews for Total DJ

43 Total DJ Reviews

Christina · Married on 08/11/2018

What a great experience with Total DJ!!! Trevor was absolutely amazing from the get go! Very professional and quick to respond and help. Best part was the wedding several of our guests commented on how great Trevor was and there was not a moment where we were not on the dance floor!! Highly recommended total DJ!

Vanessa · Married on 07/27/2018

Trevor with Total DJ was incredibly professional. From when we met at a wedding expo to the big night of our wedding, he was superbly responsive to our emails and calls, as well as on top of the entire evening, ensuring our night was as successful as could be. He also provided uplighting to make our venue have just a hint more magic, beauty, and ambiance. If you're seeking a DJ for a wedding, or any other social event, CHOOSE TREVOR WITH TOTAL DJ! You'd be crazy not to! Thanks again, Trevor, for being so organized, as well as playing songs that kept people on the dance floor. :)

Carly · Married on 06/09/2018

I highly recommend Trevor Blake! He was extremely responsive to any questions that I had, walked me through every step the timeline and what his process is, and gave great advice along with helpful tips to make sure that the music went smoothly the day of. He came with all his own equipment, had a great online platform to put together your timeline and music request on, and worked extremely well with my coordinator. As my wedding date got closer, the stress was building and I was so thankful to have a vendor like Trevor who was there to help me make decisions - even the last minute ones! He was so calm and professional and I had such great feedback from my guests regarding the music and emcee! If you are looking for the BEST wedding DJ, look no further - Trevor Blake is your man!

Kat · Married on 06/02/2018

Total DJ (Trevor) was the absolute best. Trevor is an incredibly cool person. He is respectful of your music tastes and wedding wishes, no matter what they are and he is genuinely dedicated to making your day with your spouse all about your and what YOU want. He's extremely reliable, super easy to get ahold of, ask questions, etc. He was the one vendor we hired that kept in touch with us multiple times throughout our wedding planning process. He is extremely accommodating and is able to work under ANY conditions.

At our wedding we lost power. That meant that Trevor for the first 3 hours of our wedding had to improvise, use wireless speakers and his iPhone (He had the forethought to upload our wedding playlist that he compiled to his iPhone! SO AWESOME, what great insurance in the event that something goes wrong--which it did). Then he had to do all the toast announcements and general wedding announcements without any speakers or mics because, again no power, and he did awesome! He is a classy, fun, kind, hard-working and patient person--exactly what we needed the day of. Trevor was running around helping keep the party going even without any speaker system. Then the power came back on and we boogied all night to an awesome line up of songs--but my husband and I felt no stress, no worry because Trevor had made what was a big hiccup that was out of all of our hands (the whole town we got married in lost power) feel so minor and we barely noticed there was no power. OH, and a rogue chair ended up along my route where I was walking during the processional and I see Trevor run out grab the chair from sight of guests, photographer, videographer, etc. and get it out of the way. He is so dedicated to his clients and it made my heart melt when I saw him helping out in ways beyond what is expected of your wedding DJ. He is great! I HIGHLY recommend him!!!!

Natheshia · Married on 11/17/2017

Trevor was beyond amazing! He did a phenomenal job at our wedding and kept the party going all night! Highly recommend.

Erin · Married on 10/14/2017

Trevor was amazing! He had 2 set ups - one outside for the ceremony, and one indoors where the reception was held. And he kept the dance party going all night!

katie · Married on 09/24/2017

Trevor was great- would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a fun dance selection with a tasteful DJ. We asked for "not a rave" and he gave us a mix of new and old favorites. He was flexible on the day of when we had some slight changes to cues for our first dance song. Thanks, Trevor!

• Elissa

Elissa · Married on 09/23/2017

Trevor DJ'ed our wedding yesterday, and he was fantastic. We had a very diverse playlist that spanned decades and genres, and he kept it fresh all night. Friends and family who haven't danced in years got on the dance floor! Trevor is both very personable and highly professional, and we could tell he loves his job. He has a very fair price, too. Go with Trevor!

Ashlee · Married on 07/08/2017

Absolutely amazing. Until the day of the wedding we had only communicated over the phone but let me tell you he did not disappoint. Our guest had so much fun! We were sad that it was over because we could have partied all night. We had a lot going on and he did not miss a beat. I will be hiring him for other events and if you need a DJ look no further

Amy · Married on 07/01/2017

Trevor did such an amazing job DJing our wedding! He was super easy to work with and was quick at responding to all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable DJ at a great price!

• Q

Q · Married on 06/25/2017

Trevor has done such a wondering job at our wedding! He is an awesome DJ and MC! We met him at a wedding fair and just from talking to him, we knew we wanted him to be our DJ. He is so professional, honest, talented, and just a great person to work with! We are so glad to choose him and highly recommend him to anyone who's looking for a DJ. Thank you Trevor for making our wedding so awesome! :-D

Knut · Married on 06/25/2017

We saw Trevor at a wedding fair and pretty much immediately knew we had to book him. He was calm, professional and very informative, and unlike the rest of the fair not pushy at all. He was the only vendor of the fair we decided to use. We later found he had stellar reviews online, and were not surprised.

Trevor allowed us to pick out songs for the various parts of the wedding, and filled out the blanks with similar music. You can tag songs as either "must play", "play if possible" and "must not play". If you have trouble coming up with music, he also has suggestions with different styles. We could both pick from his extensive library and also upload MP3s of our more obscure choices. He triple-checked the playlist before the wedding to make sure our selections were updated and exactly what we wanted.

During the wedding itself he was just as professional, and stuck to his job without showing off. He played the right music at the right time, made the announcements properly, and otherwise stayed out of the way. He synced up with us at a reasonable frequency, so we could both provide him updates on ad-hoc announcements and also have time to enjoy our wedding.

Book Trevor for your wedding or family event! You can't go wrong!

Chris · Married on 06/03/2017

We had a really great experience with Trevor, both leading up to the event and at the event itself. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Cara · Married on 06/03/2017

Trevor is hands-down the best! He made our wedding so full of life and energy and we could not have asked for a better dance party. When looking for a DJ, we had a hard time getting in touch with some other vendors over email. Trevor was the exact opposite! He was one of the best people to work with leading up to our wedding. Trevor is professional, fun, and caring. He truly wants to make your life easy and is willing to go above and beyond to find every song you would like to be played. He also answered many of our timeline questions and knows how to keep everything on time and organized during the wedding. If you are looking for an amazing DJ, stop looking and book Trevor. I guarantee you will not regret it!

Allison · Married on 10/30/2016

He knows what he's doing, trust him. Trevor did a great job with our wedding in Berkeley @ The Brazilian Room. We had difficulty with unexpected rainy weather that moved an outdoor ceremony indoors. Trevor handled the last minute change in stride and managed time very well. He made sure people were on the dance floor having fun throughout the reception. We highly recommend using Trevor!

Carley · Married on 10/29/2016

Trevor was an absolute delight to work with! He played all of the songs on our playlist and then used his great judgment to play other songs that were right in line with what we like. He was professional, on time and very responsive. I would recommend Trevor to a friend as well as hire him again.

Liz · Married on 10/08/2016

I cannot say enough about what a great experience we had with Total DJ! Trevor was an absolute pleasure to work with - flexible, great advance communication, extremely well-prepared and most importantly, he got everyone on the dance floor and having fun at our wedding! He is terrific and we will definitely recommend him and total DJ again for future events.

Alison · Married on 09/04/2016

The reality is music is everything! It makes or breaks the environment of your wedding. Choosing Total DJ was the best decision we could've made for our wedding! Trevor was outstanding. We were so impressed with him we recommended him to all our friends and family for their upcoming weddings! He is such an amazing person and made our wedding a dream come true.

Rick · Married on 07/23/2016

We booked Trevor for my retirement party, one that by design was to be laid back and not filled with speeches and timelines. Trevor handled it very professionally and just spun great music all evening. He was very responsive to our musical style and hit all the right buttons.

Trevor from Total DJ was fantastic to work with. Professional, accommodating, and enthusiastic, I would highly recommend his services.

Shawn · Married on 06/17/2016

Working with DJ Trevor was definitely a great experience. He is honest, professional, responsive and most importantly, skilled. A good DJ will for sure set the right atmosphere and mood for your event, which is why you should talk to different people and find the one that is right for your wedding. We for sure think DJ Trevor delivered a great service and our guests had a blast at our wedding. He took our requests seriously and accommodated our demands, given a very short notice. He will also coordinate with your other vendors. He helped our wedding go smoothly and I highly recommend him and his DJ services. Very reasonable price, which he is honest about from the beginning. Give him a call and you will see what I am talking about.

Anna · Married on 05/14/2016

Finding, meeting, and hiring DJ Trevor is a gift to yourself for worry-free entertainment plus. His customer service is off the charts, and knowledge of music is extensive. I was most impressed when he would make sure to round up the guests before an important event was about to happen during the reception. He even mixed us a custom mash up----above and beyond. HIs charming personality is a welcome bonus.

Kim · Married on 04/24/2016

Trevor was a complete professional and knows his crowd and music. We thought the DJ planning tool he provides was very helpful and pretty fun too.

Trevor is very good at planning the music ahead of time and came up with great suggestions. Our wedding was an absolute blast and there were empty chairs all night at tables because he kept the party going and everyone was dancing. Our guests have said it was the best time on the dance floor.

Nathan · Married on 12/20/2014

I cannot recommend Trevor enough. I originally saw him DJing at our friend's wedding in 2011 and when it came time to decide a DJ for ours, I immediately thought of Trevor and how great the music selection, coordination, and arrangement was at the previous wedding. The process was streamlined and easy with Trevor: he met with us more than six months before the wedding to go over the process and we gave him some ideas for types of songs we would like. Closer to the day, we met with him to go over the venue and he was ready for anything (weird room placement, multiple rooms, timing problems, etc). On the day itself, I cannot thank him enough for the great atmosphere - we had so many of our friends and family commend him and the awesome music at the wedding. He has a very good sense of the flow of a wedding and can tell when it is time to slow it down or speed it up. I have recommended him already to friends and will continue to do so!