Total DJ Reviews

Total DJ 2
Total DJ 3
Total DJ 4

Javier Masy · Getting married on 08/09/2020

Professional, amazing, helpful and easy to work with

Trevor and the crew at Total DJ KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!!! Our wedding was wonderful and Trevor and Total DJ made the planning of it that much easier. It felt like we were hiring much more than a DJ. They worked with us to develop a timeline, had so much helpful information regarding the ways things might run, and were just all around absolutely amazing. They worked with our very specific music preferences and I would absolutely use them again for another event. I have over 6 years of experience in wedding and events planning and have never worked with a better DJ and DJ company. Absolutely OUTSTANDING in every way possible. If you want the dance floor moving, the event to run smoothly, and a professional, helpful, and all around amazing DJ you will hire Total DJ and will never regret it.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Christy

Christy Kovacs · Married on 10/26/2019

Incredibly Professional!

Trevor is incredibly professional and ran our whole wedding seamlessly. The sound during the ceremony was great, he put a lav mic on the officiant, and a lav mic on my hubby that picked up his voice and mine perfectly during the vows which were all outdoors. The procession song wasn't quite long enough but he looped it, on the spot, so that it sounded seamless during the procession.

Music during the cocktail hour and dancing was a perfect blend of our recommendations and his own selections which kept the energy flowing for our ranch/country vibe.

Trevor has an online platform that allows you to select specific songs, and if the songs aren't in his system, you can custom request them. He is very flexible and willing to work with whatever music you want, even if it's a youtube song! I highly recommend Total DJ!

Total DJ 5
    Sent on 11/04/2019

Ashley Sams · Married on 10/19/2019

Professional and Fun DJ

Trevor exuded professionalism from the beginning, showing that he was experienced and detail oriented by asking us many questions to understand our vision and details for our entire wedding day. His music selection was great and was able to avoid overplayed songs and follow our desired tastes, which we specified on a cool online portal that he provided to list our must plays, play if possible, and do not play song lists. During the wedding he played fun party songs as well as romantic slow songs to get people on the dance floor. He was very flexible with our day of timeline, had good equipment and lighting, and was also able to support music for the ceremony. We would definitely recommend Trevor as your wedding DJ if you are looking for someone fun yet organized, who you can trust to carry out your special day.

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Michaella

Michaella · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing! Professional and fun!

Trevor was amazing! My husband and I got married earlier this month at the Tilden Park Brazilian Room in Berkeley. Working with Trevor was great- he was quick to respond and extremely professional. I had lots of questions and he gave me great advice. His sound system worked perfectly outside for the ceremony and inside for the reception. I also really liked his online portal- I was able to select all of the songs for the wedding. Everything went seamlessly with him and we were dancing all night! He did a great job of keeping the energy up. I highly recommend working with Total DJ and Trevor.

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2019

Hire him!

We had interviewed with several DJs before finally finding Trevor Blake. He was amazing from the very start. We instantly knew he was the right fit for us. He had great ideas to help out with our wedding, things we would not have thought of ourselves. He had outlines for planning our night's songs, recommendations, an interactive song list, and more. We thought we were going to have details ready for him for our final meeting and we weren't ready yet. Trevor was able to chat with us and help us by giving us examples of different scenarios he has seen at weddings. He definitely knows how to do his job and more. Communication with him was easy and always available to answer any question we had. Even during our wedding which was a bit crazy, Trevor was prepared, professional and quick to keep everything running smoothly. We HIGHLY recommend him and would hire him again. Thank you Trevor!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Caitlin Hines · Married on 09/07/2019

Total Dj was a total breeze to work with

I stumbled upon Total DJ at a bridal convention, and while other DJs were busy showing off their pyrotechnics or pushing me into unnecessary upgrades, Trevor and his partner let their professional presence and reasonable prices speak for themselves. Working with Trevor over the course of 8 months was easy as he is polite and timely with his responses. He always understood what I was requesting and checked in with me when it was appropriate, both before and throughout my wedding day. With his help, guests of all ages we’re up dancing and I was able to have the wedding march I envisioned. I highly recommend total Dj!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2019

Everything We Wanted, 10/10

We met Trevor from Total DJ at a bridal show. His professionalism, passion for his job, & knowledge is what won me and my husband over. It was especially important that my husband liked him because he lives and breaths the music life. From the day we met him, to our first consultation, to the wedding day and everything in between, Trevor has been 100% professional, quick to communicate and reply, honest, and extremely flexible. His demeanor is very relaxed, but will get stuff done! Which is what we needed. He completely understood the vibe we were going for, for our wedding, and he delivered exactly what we wanted. There was never a single moment when the dance floor wasn’t full. He kept the energy going, he kept the flow of our day organized, everything was exceptional! 10/10 recommend!!!!

Total DJ 6
    Total DJ 7
    Total DJ 8
    Sent on 07/01/2019

Ryan · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic DJ, He's Responsive to the Crowd, and Very Thorough

Trevor was the DJ at our wedding in June 2019 and he was excellent. The whole process of working with him was seamless, he has a great website with tons of info, and he seemed just generally more professional than some of the other people we looked at. We really appreciated the detail he asked us about over the phone: he wanted to know what years we were in high school/college, our favorite kinds of music, the vibe we wanted to have at the reception, and a lot of other detailed questions so he could figure out exactly what kind of party we were looking for. He's flexible and easy to work with; we gave him about 15 songs as examples of the kinds of things we wanted to hear and 4-5 songs we didn't want, and he was able to improvise the rest of the night from there. He really excelled at playing to the mood of the crowd in order to keep people on the dance floor and increased the energy as the night got later. Overall, I'd recommend him highly and if we're ever planning another event that needs a DJ I wouldn't call anyone else.

Sent on 10/11/2019

Christina · Married on 04/13/2019

Memorable wedding DJ! (with a great voice;)

We had our wedding at the CIA Copia in Napa with Trevor and he was very accommodating to our particular needs. We had a very international wedding with half of our guests coming from spain and korea. We had specific audio/video needs that Trevor was willing to work with as well as an indoor and outdoor setup. We also had a wedding singer with pianist who commented how knowledgable and professional Trevor was in arranging their setup. I would say the DJ is one of the most important vendors because he controls a lot of the schedule and Trevor was the one who announced all the entrances. If you get to work with him, you ll hear his very nice and deep MC voice! On a side note we were able to rent uplights from him as well!

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 02/22/2019

The perfect dj!

Words cannot express how wonderful it was working with Trevor from Total DJ. He was professional, informative, and easy to work with through the planning process. I didn't have to worry about a thing knowing the music and timeline were in his hands. We gave him freedom to play whatever he thought was best, and did a fantastic job! I would recommend Trevor from Total DJ to all my friends & family getting married!

Sent on 03/09/2019
  • Satomi

Satomi · Married on 12/08/2018

Stellar DJ!

Trevor provided services for our wedding on Dec 8, 2018 for the cocktail hour and reception. We had kind of an unusual wedding with a large wedding party full of unusual titles (Lord of Flowers, Best Lady, etc) with 130 guests of various backgrounds and ethnicities, and he worked magic with the crowd absolutely perfectly.

First and foremost, Trevor is a delight to work with -- he is articulate, responsive throughout the process, and very detail-oriented. His online database is easy to use and keeps you organized as well. And while the database is already well-stocked with a wide range of songs from different eras and languages, Trevor listens to you very carefully to make sure he accommodates anything he doesn't currently have: from my request of "classical iterations of pop songs during cocktail hour a la Vitamin String Quartet and Tina Guo" to my husband's request for old-school Mexican songs, to our geeky Dr. Who pick of the first dance song, Trevor made sure he had it all. Not only is his musical aspect top notch, he also has a classy and articulate announcement style that will mesh well with many events.

On wedding day, he arrived early, impeccably dressed (expect whispers from guests and relatives about how dashing your DJ looks), and he quickly touched base with our DOC and other vendors and kept us flowing from event to event smoothly.

What impressed me the most, however, is how well-prepared he is and quick on his feet. Case in point: my husband and I only picked 3 songs for the money dance since we anticipated very low interest; but Trevor quickly noticed that we had quite a few guests lined up and added 2 more songs that matched the vibe of the others, so we didn't run out of time. Trevor also accommodated our last-minute request to call on "all the single people" (rather than specific gender) for the bouquet toss/garter toss without a hitch. And he read the guests superbly, keeping the dance floor packed until the very end!

Trevor is stellar and you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't have him at your wedding. I'm definitely turning to him for future events! Thanks Trevor!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Laura Llerena · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful DJ!

Trevor is amazing! A friend recommended him and we are so glad that they did. Trevor was professional, organized, and personable. He immediately made us feel at ease and took an interest in finding out what we wanted (especially any unique music interests we had). My husband is Peruvian so we requested Peruvian songs mixed with Michael Buble and current pop songs. Trevor made a great mix that kept our guests out on the dance floor! We both heard our top requested songs but it seemed to easily flow from 1 style to another and we received many compliments on the music (thank you Trevor!). I’d highly recommend Trevor as a DJ!

Sent on 12/17/2018
  • Alex

Alexander Lozano · Married on 10/12/2018

Above and beyond - the perfect dj

Trevor made our big day so special! It was awesome! He was on top of everything DJ, music, and sound related, and he even came in the clutch with last minute lighting when the lights we planned to use failed. We got so many compliments on his DJ'ing. I was especially impressed by the way he read the crowd and kept the dance floor busy! He played exactly the style we were going for. I loved the way he made opportunities to let us choose our favorite music ahead of time (even allowing us to name the genres and artists we didn't want to hear). Moreover, he was easily accessible throughout the process in helping us craft the perfect night. He also worked perfectly with our coordinators to keep the night moving and keep us on schedule. Everyone involved was so glad we chose such an organized and professional DJ. The last dance felt like a movie ending - thanks to Trevor. He's is the real deal - a sure shot!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Matthew Milde · Married on 09/15/2018

Trevor was amazing!

Trevor was truly amazing! He met with us in-person to go over our wedding needs and drove all the way up from the Bay Area to Santa Rosa for a site visit of our venue. He offered great advise to help us with the wedding and we felt we were in very good hands on our wedding day. Trevor remained a complete professional throughout our wedding and the planning leading up to it. We highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Total DJ!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Christina · Married on 08/11/2018

What a great experience with Total DJ!!! Trevor was absolutely amazing from the get go! Very professional and quick to respond and help. Best part was the wedding several of our guests commented on how great Trevor was and there was not a moment where we were not on the dance floor!! Highly recommended total DJ!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Vanessa · Married on 07/27/2018

Trevor with Total DJ was incredibly professional. From when we met at a wedding expo to the big night of our wedding, he was superbly responsive to our emails and calls, as well as on top of the entire evening, ensuring our night was as successful as could be. He also provided uplighting to make our venue have just a hint more magic, beauty, and ambiance. If you're seeking a DJ for a wedding, or any other social event, CHOOSE TREVOR WITH TOTAL DJ! You'd be crazy not to! Thanks again, Trevor, for being so organized, as well as playing songs that kept people on the dance floor. :)

Sent on 08/08/2018

Carly · Married on 06/09/2018

I highly recommend Trevor Blake! He was extremely responsive to any questions that I had, walked me through every step the timeline and what his process is, and gave great advice along with helpful tips to make sure that the music went smoothly the day of. He came with all his own equipment, had a great online platform to put together your timeline and music request on, and worked extremely well with my coordinator. As my wedding date got closer, the stress was building and I was so thankful to have a vendor like Trevor who was there to help me make decisions - even the last minute ones! He was so calm and professional and I had such great feedback from my guests regarding the music and emcee! If you are looking for the BEST wedding DJ, look no further - Trevor Blake is your man!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Kat · Married on 06/02/2018

Total DJ (Trevor) was the absolute best. Trevor is an incredibly cool person. He is respectful of your music tastes and wedding wishes, no matter what they are and he is genuinely dedicated to making your day with your spouse all about your and what YOU want. He's extremely reliable, super easy to get ahold of, ask questions, etc. He was the one vendor we hired that kept in touch with us multiple times throughout our wedding planning process. He is extremely accommodating and is able to work under ANY conditions.

At our wedding we lost power. That meant that Trevor for the first 3 hours of our wedding had to improvise, use wireless speakers and his iPhone (He had the forethought to upload our wedding playlist that he compiled to his iPhone! SO AWESOME, what great insurance in the event that something goes wrong--which it did). Then he had to do all the toast announcements and general wedding announcements without any speakers or mics because, again no power, and he did awesome! He is a classy, fun, kind, hard-working and patient person--exactly what we needed the day of. Trevor was running around helping keep the party going even without any speaker system. Then the power came back on and we boogied all night to an awesome line up of songs--but my husband and I felt no stress, no worry because Trevor had made what was a big hiccup that was out of all of our hands (the whole town we got married in lost power) feel so minor and we barely noticed there was no power. OH, and a rogue chair ended up along my route where I was walking during the processional and I see Trevor run out grab the chair from sight of guests, photographer, videographer, etc. and get it out of the way. He is so dedicated to his clients and it made my heart melt when I saw him helping out in ways beyond what is expected of your wedding DJ. He is great! I HIGHLY recommend him!!!!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Natheshia · Married on 11/17/2017

Trevor was beyond amazing! He did a phenomenal job at our wedding and kept the party going all night! Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Erin · Married on 10/14/2017

Trevor was amazing! He had 2 set ups - one outside for the ceremony, and one indoors where the reception was held. And he kept the dance party going all night!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Christopher · Married on 09/30/2017

Words can't describe how incredible Trevor made our wedding day. He was the one that kept the flow going. He was also the one that even kept our own wedding planner in check. Numerous guests at our wedding have asked us if they could have our playlist. The crowd never left the dance floor! He orchestrated the whole day. Money well spent! He was incredibly professional! He met with us several times just to make sure he was meeting all our needs in order to make our day that much more special. A big thank you to Trevor!!! He is the best!!!

Sent on 01/18/2018

katie · Married on 09/24/2017

Trevor was great- would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a fun dance selection with a tasteful DJ. We asked for "not a rave" and he gave us a mix of new and old favorites. He was flexible on the day of when we had some slight changes to cues for our first dance song. Thanks, Trevor!

Sent on 09/25/2017
  • Elissa

Elissa · Married on 09/23/2017

Trevor DJ'ed our wedding yesterday, and he was fantastic. We had a very diverse playlist that spanned decades and genres, and he kept it fresh all night. Friends and family who haven't danced in years got on the dance floor! Trevor is both very personable and highly professional, and we could tell he loves his job. He has a very fair price, too. Go with Trevor!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Ashlee · Married on 07/08/2017

Absolutely amazing. Until the day of the wedding we had only communicated over the phone but let me tell you he did not disappoint. Our guest had so much fun! We were sad that it was over because we could have partied all night. We had a lot going on and he did not miss a beat. I will be hiring him for other events and if you need a DJ look no further

Sent on 07/27/2017

Amy · Married on 07/01/2017

Trevor did such an amazing job DJing our wedding! He was super easy to work with and was quick at responding to all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable DJ at a great price!

Sent on 07/10/2017