27 Reviews for Toscana Catering

Lactose Free (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
27 Toscana Catering Reviews

The staff at Toscana did an excellent job helping to plan and execute our wedding. We recently were married at the Delaware Art Museum and our guests loved the food and the service that Toscana provided. The chef customized our menu to meet our needs, and the staff did a great job of making the night go smoothly.

We can't wait to come back and eat at the restaurant. We would recommend Toscana to anyone!

Profile Picture Zachary, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Mediterranean, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables

Toscana recently catered my wedding at the Hagley Soda House. Emma at Toscana was great and very easy to work with! The day of the event the staff was wonderful, and the food (and wine) was great! I didn't need to worry about anything the day of my wedding because they took care of it all, which was exactly what I needed!
I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer for their wedding.

Profile Picture lauren, 5/14/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Vegetarian

Cindy and Emma were the best!!!!!!! They were easy to reach on the phone or through, text, email and always responded promptly. Their staff was excellent. Kevin was full of personality and did an excellent job keeping things moving the night of our reception. Would absolutely recommend Toscana again!!!!!!! Thank you so much.

Profile Picture Karen, 4/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I was so excited to find out Toscana was the exclusive caterer for my wedding venue (Hagley Museum and Library)! I was well aware of their reputation for great food and service, and they more than lived up to it! I would have been comfortable creating our menu without a tasting, but fortunately for us, Toscana implemented a wonderful in-house tasting so we could try all the options, see how the meals would be presented, discuss the flow of the day, etc.

Emma made the process easy (we were planning from NYC so I expected things to get complicated), and went above and beyond to help us create both the menu and rustic setting we wanted.

Dan Butler was in the kitchen himself that night, so it's no surprise that we are still hearing about how great the food was!

Toscana definitely takes their events seriously and brings their "A" game.

Profile Picture User5640654, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Clean Up, Set Up

The food at Toscana is amazing!! Our wedding guests were raving about how delicious everything was! The day of our wedding everything went 100% smoothly with Toscana from them setting up all of the rental items, to getting the cocktail hour together through dinner service. It was seamless! Our venue was out of state, so we had a little trouble with setting up times to meet during the planning process. But that is to be expected because we live over an hour away from their restaurant.

Profile Picture User5564976, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Italian, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Chairs, Tables

Toscana catered our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with our experience from start to finish! We had so much fun at our tasting and it was so easy to work with Cindy and Kevin to plan the menu and details of the wedding day. Many of our guests (including a chef from Chicago) made a point to tell us how good the food was! We also did a post-wedding brunch at the restaurant that everyone loved.

Profile Picture Michelle , 10/4/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had Toscana cater our wedding and we couldn't be happier. The food was excellent, and the service was incredible! All of the staff was extremely professional and fast. I don't think any of our guests went a second without a drink in their hands. They even thought to run some hors d'oeurves to us before the pictures started, and made up plates for my husband and I to make sure we ate. (We had stations and were being pulled in 47 different directions, so trust me, if they hadn't have done that, we wouldn't have.) Their catering sales manager was extremely helpful and patient with us, too! I highly recommend.

Profile Picture Molly, 9/8/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Erica Razze was the person I worked with at the beginning of the process, and then Cindy Berkowitz took over. Erica was wonderful to work with-- very quick in her responses! She was wonderful in offering suggestions on what to choose off the menu and explained every aspect of the contract to us. Our engagement was 20 months long, so when a change in duties occurred, I really appreciated an email explaining to us the shift in command. Erica was still our on-site caterer in charge & handled everything superbly!

Cindy was great at honoring what Erica and I discussed in the contract, and I didn't have to start from scratch in explaining everything. She took it upon herself to look everything over, which was a major plus. She was also very flexible when we quickly learned that our guest count was going to be significantly lower than what we were anticipating, which saved us a considerable amount of money!

The food was AMMMMMMMAAAAAAZZZZZING! I was a little afraid that the meals wouldn't taste the same as our tastings were, since the meals were reproduced on a much larger scale. But the quality wasn't lowered at all, and it seemed that the meals were even better! All of our guests raved about the food, so I'm thrilled with that. It was important to us that everyone left with a good impression of the food, and I think that was achieved. :-)

Profile Picture Alison, 8/4/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

**BRIDES GETTING MARRIED IN DELAWARE, PAY ATTENTION!!** We hired Toscana to cater our wedding at the Bellevue Mansion. BEST decision we made! All the great reviews about the food are true. It's been 2 weeks, people are still telling me how good the food was. And all the good reviews of Erica Razze, the catering director, are true. She was absolutely wonderful. Of all the tastings we went to, Erica was the only one who sat down with us for each sampling and took notes. She offered so many ideas not just about food, but also about tents, set-up, etc. She is excellent at what she does. Please save yourself the trouble comparing prices, food quality, etc. Toscana is the way to go!

Profile Picture M, 9/3/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

WOW! The best example of a great caterer is when your guests notice the quality of the food! Our wedding had an inordinate number of food professionals since I am in the business. I HAD to have a great meal. Erica and her team came through tenfold! The best part for us was getting to work with a creative team to come up with our menu. I DID NOT want standard wedding food. From the appetizers to the main course and the AMAZING dessert display, I was truly delighted. The ingredients were fresh, carefully thought out and of course prepared in a manner that highlighted the quality of the experience. I had been to the restaurant and love the service and food and for my wedding they didnt disappoint. We enjoyed the experience working with Erican so much that we ended up using Toscana to cater our rehearsal dinner also. If you want a true culinary experience at your wedding and not just "chicken or beef" go with a restaurant caterer. We were also very price sensitive and Erica worked with us to get the menu to reflect our style without being overpriced. You can't go wrong with Toscana and especially working with Erica!

Profile Picture Shonette, 5/15/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wow! There are so many lovely things to say about Toscana's Catering services, and especially Emma Gilroy, our catering liaison / event planner / go-to consultant. Emma was able to anticipate our needs and coordinated well with the Delaware Museum of Natural History. Our wedding was easily the best wedding we’ve attended (slight bias?) and we’re still receiving compliments nearly a month after the fact. The filet mignon & chicken val d'aosta were absolutely delicious! Toscana and Emma provide top-tier class service and I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks so much guys!

Profile Picture Gregory, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I love Toscana's food. We were deciding between two venues for the wedding reception. The decision came down to the food, Toscana was the caterer of one of our final choices. We knew Toscana takes pride in their work and their food and service have always been top of the line. From before we officially booked with Toscana until the wedding day, Emma and her coworkers were extremely attentive to our wants and needs. We loved that Emma gave us ideas and suggestions. Our guests are still raving about the food! Toscana's service was impecable, we highly recommend them to anyone we talk to!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Toscana catered my wedding in February 2011, and in every category, they constantly exceeded my expectations, going above and beyond to satisfy. From the tasting (we had two tastings, and were sent home with extra food so that we could get second opinions!) to the responsiveness of their catering manager, Erica Razze, to following my setup instructions to a t, everything was perfect. They provided a luxe product, and yet, were extremely sensitive to my budgetary constraints, and Erica brainstormed with us how to have the best meal possible without going overboard on cost/quantity. When it came down to the final count, etc., they were very patient, and created a special vegan dish for one of our guests, and several other custom meals, exactly as we wanted them. There was an abundance of food - they even made us special doggie bags to take away with us! So many guests came up and complimented the exotic menu they had put together. I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Sarah, 2/26/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Toscana catered our wedding at Thousand Acre Farm in Delaware in September 2015, and it was the most perfect day. Emma and the Toscana team made everything so simple, from the planning and decision process to the big day! The options and quality of food from Toscana were so impressive, and I didn't realize I could get this caliber of catering from a restaurant in Delaware. We were able to choose exactly the dishes we were envisioning, as well as ask for custom choices here and there to make our wedding perfect for us. Toscana also has a variety of select vendors they work with for all the dining essentials that made the process so much easier.

On our wedding day, the Toscana staff was polite, efficient and blended right into the party. They were all so kind and made us feel so special and expertly catered to on our day. I would highly recommend the Toscana team for wedding day (and all!) catering. They're professional and will guide you along in every step of the way.

My only regret is wishing that I could have eaten more of their delicious food at my wedding! They did pack us perfect to-go dishes for a late night snack. Fingers crossed I am the guest someday at a Toscana-catered wedding and can fully indulge!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/19/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, American, Italian

My family has been eating at Toscana ever since we moved to West Chester, so choosing Toscana to cater the wedding was pretty straightforward. In fact, we were pretty set on using Toscana before we even had a venue! Erica was a phenomenal partner in planning this event. She made sure that every single detail was looked after -- even the really weird quirky ones! She totally bought into the aesthetic of the event and really made sure that what she did meshed with the event as a whole -- she really understood that "geek chic" vibe we were going for. I was truly touched by the time, effort and energy Erica put into making this event everything we wanted and more. She was equally as excited about things like the prosecco bar and the cheese course as I was, which made planning with her that much more fun.

We were under a *strict* budget, and she did everything she could to bring us as close to that budget as possible. She worked with Party Rental, Ltd. for the high end rentals (i.e., flatware, water glasses, linens) and Diamond State Party Rental for the lower end stuff (e.g., generic glassware, dishes, kitchen rentals). In doing so, Erica did a sweeping cost analysis of each rental item to make sure that we were getting the absolute best deal possible. However, she understood that compromising in some areas would take away from the overall look of the event and made sure that that didn't happen.

The food was phenomenal. We knew it would be good -- Toscana Kitchen is awesome -- but the fact that wedding food was that good was incredible. I didn't actually eat during the wedding, but this comes from my parents and our guests, who have since told me that they really enjoyed themselves and what they were eating. (Erica did put together a to-go box for Cory and I though!) Erica made great suggestions about what would work and what wouldn't, and she was constantly going back and forth with the chef. The presentation was modern and artistic; the plate was full yet not messy. The service was great; the waitstaff were friendly and quick to serve each course (and best of all, they were constantly making sure a glass of prosecco was in my hand).

We could tell that the entire Toscana staff -- from Erica, to the chefs, to the waitstaff -- were truly invested in our wedding, which made working with them really wonderful.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/13/08, 7 Reviews
4.7

Toscana was DELICIOUS. The food, the bar, and the staff were all great! I heard no complaints and people kept raving about the food and how good it was. We even got picked clean of food during the cocktail hour. Toscana brought a special plate to Mike and I though so we got to try everything. I was not disappointed. Only complaint would be the pricing...it was expensive. I think it could have been a bit cheaper, but they were the required caterer for the venue and honestly I still would go with them had I been able to choose. FYI we had around 115 people who attended.

Profile Picture Jennalee, 10/24/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Italian, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Chairs, Tables
4.7

We were very pleased with our experience with Toscana Catering. They were recommended to my husband and I from a friend and we were not disappointed. Erica was a great partner and helped us to complete our vision of the wedding. She and her staff were very flexible. My husband and I wanted a Balsamic Vinegar Bar for the cocktail hour. Erica had her chefs create a few different types of infused balsamic vinegar and olive oils dips. It was delicious! We were very pleased with the outcome of our wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/10/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Toscana catered our reception for 140 guests, and I highly recommend them. Wedding food is always fairly expensive, and I've certainly had some mediocre meals. I wanted to avoid the greasy filet/ dried out salmon scenario. The food at our reception was delicious- guests commented on how good it was at the wedding and have complimented us since. Toscana provided a great variety. I felt like everyone was able to have a decent meal regardless of tastes or dietary restrictions.

When we were planning, I always left meetings with Erica Razze with all my questions answered, feeling that the event was in good hands. If you're currently planning a wedding, you can appreciate working with people who relieve you of worry.

Toscana is serious about working with your budget. Erica gave us an initial quote and then went through it line by line to suggest changes to suit our tastes and budget. One advantage of working with a good caterer instead of a package is being able to get exactly what you want.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 8/7/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Love Kevin and Emma! Super helpful and listen to all my crazy ideas. Very down to earth. Great menu selections but a little on the top of my budget. Great food with a good portion. All the staff were incredible including the host staff! Bartender English John was a hit! Everything went smoothly and they handled my millions of questions and requests with ease. I also used a different rental company and they were helpful in coordinating that for me. Guests did say passed hors d'oeuvres could have been more quantity probably because they were so good!! Great job!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/29/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Cindy, the Catering Sales Manger for Toscana, and her staff did a amazing job during our wedding. She was a little slow to respond to our emails at times during planning but this was due to some staffing changes so we understood. She actually ended up coming to Hagley and running our event, even though she wasn't suppose to. But she stepped up and really did a great job. She made sure every thing went as planned and made sure I was aware of any changes during the evening. We chose to do passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, a buffet dinner, and passed desserts later. From what I am hearing from my guests, the hors d'oeuvres were amazing and they never ran out. The buffet food was hot and delicous and the desserts were also just as we wanted (pumpkin cheese cake bites, apple crum budino, and smores). They even made sure my husband and I got some food and desserts to take home, it was a nice snack after the wedding. Toscana is one of the pricer caterers our there but they are so worth the extra money. I will definitely be recommending them!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We continue to get compliments and rave reviews about the food at our wedding. It was so delicious (and yes we ate dinner on our wedding day). We also some how got a take home container of all the items as well and enjoyed it the day after, still amazing. Erica was absolutely amazing during the event. She was a lot of fun and had everything under control without being frazzled.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/26/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Toscana Catering for our wedding and for a post wedding brunch. Firstly, the food was absolutely wonderful. Every bit of it. DELICIOUS. And, I cannot say enough good things about Cindy Berkowitz, the catering manager. She was so helpful in helping to choose a menu and orchestrating communication between the catering staff and the venue. It was helpful that Toscana is the exclusive caterer for our venue (Hagley Museum Soda House) and Cindy could help us make decisions about the details since she was familiar with what worked and didn't work with the space from trial and error of having been in the venue previously. Cindy was also wonderful in helping to choose a menu that catered to several different dietary restrictions with our guests and even sent out a detailed list of which foods were appropriate/safe for each of the dietary restrictions. My guests with food issues were thrilled to have such a detailed list of what they could eat.

Other fringe benefits included a free dinner out at Toscana. While they don't do tastings, they welcomed us to come in for a meal to try different items on the menu. They also provided us for free brunch the day after.

We had wanted to host a Sunday brunch the morning after our wedding and we decided to stick with Toscana to cater it. Because we had a sizable number of guests, they offered to open up their sister restaurant Deep Blue to accommodate our guests. It was especially nice to have the space of the entire restaurant and the privacy of the venue with only my guests there. Deep Blue was also in wonderful proximity to the 2 hotels our guest were staying (Sheraton Suites Downtown Wilmington and Hotel DuPont). The food, again, was phenomenal.

The only downside of my whole experience was the slightly higher price point. It is not that the value of the service and the food wasn't on par with the price, but it was a little more than we had hoped to spend on catering.

Profile Picture Jodi, 9/7/13, 4 Reviews
4.2

My husband and I got married at the Hagley Museum in Wilmington, DE this past February and Toscana catered our special day. They are the exclusive caterer for the Hagley Museum. I will admit that in the beginning when we first contacted Toscana, we were not pleased. Our emails were left unanswered and we weren't getting the service we were promised. However, they regained our respect when we voiced our concerns with he owner, Dan Butler, who was very receptive and understanding, and he put us in touch with Cindy B. She is awesome. Organization and affordability were are top concerns, and we didn't think we would have much flexibility working with an exclusive caterer, but Cindy was very willing to bounce ideas off us and design our wedding to fit our needs-from the seating floor plan, the coordination of colors and the flow of the evening, she guaranteed us that we would not have to worry and when the day came, we really didn't because everything was so easy. We desired a more "casual", lighter lunch fare in lieu of a heavy dinner/meal and to our surprise, there was more than enough food and drinks to go around. We were extremely impressed by how fast and friendly the staff were-they arrived on time, made our guests feel comfortable and looked like they were happy to be there and that meant a lot to us. The food was very good-hot and seasoned well-and the professionalism was evident. We would use them again if we host another event. One bit of advice-stay firm on your vision, organize your ideas so they can execute them properly and work with ONE rep so there's no unexpected misunderstandings.

Profile Picture Marvina, 2/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

We were married at Bellevue Hall on June 9th. Since we were required to hire a caterer from the list, we set up a tasting with Toscana. The company was making a transition in their catering management due to their increase in staff, so it took a few weeks to get a contact set up and tasting scheduled. We worked with Erika who was great. We had our tasting and were very impressed at the tasting. Throughout the planning process Erika and her coworker Cindy were pretty helpful (although it was tough to catch them in the office by calling sometimes). When the wedding day came and went, everyone was very professional, the food was good (delicious chicken and vegetarian dish, steak was not well received by the guests), and they did a good job with dessert and passing the hours de vours during cocktail hour. The servers they brought were great, very helpful and sweet! We had a day of coordinator (Christine) who came into the gig late in the game, but did very well for having only a little bit of time to finalize the event set up instructions and what not, we really appreciated her hard work, since everything came together beautifully!!! Having worked in catering, it was clear they worked very hard to make our wedding great. Thanks Toscana!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 6/9/12, 8 Reviews