Top Tier Cakery Reviews

Top Tier Cakery 1
Top Tier Cakery 2
  • Jason

Jason Anderson · Married on 05/31/2019

Wow! What an amazing cake!

Top Tier Cakery provided the cake for our wedding at The Homestead Resort. We worked with Nancy and she was the definition of friendly, and accommodating. Saying that she is talented does not do her justice; her attention to detail and skills with baking are phenomenal! And the taste... Wow!! Our cake was the best we've ever had! Nancy is the best of the best, we highly recommend them for your party cake needs!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Anastasiya · Married on 09/01/2018

Nancy is absolutely incredible and a pleasure to work with. Our cake was not just gorgeous but out of this world delicious!! We had a vanilla cake blushed with Grand Marnier and filled and iced with European meringue butter cream.

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Top Tier Cakery 3

shana · Married on 10/21/2017

Top Tier Cakery was nothing short of wonderful! We started with working with Nancy Collard shortly after we were engaged. This woman is incredibly talented, and that talent is matched equally with kindness. We knew we wanted something that was a mix of rustic and refined - the perfect compliment to who we are as a couple. Nancy worked with us for months getting the details just right. The understated, yet elegant birch cake sitting on top of a blinged-out rhinestone base was exactly what we were looking for! Each tier of the cake was different; vanilla with raspberry filling, marble with maple cream filling and chocolate with chocolate cream filling. All were incredibly moist and delicious! My guests raved about this cake, both its beauty and taste! I recommend Top Tier Cakery to anyone who is looking for a beautiful and delicious cake, created and delivered with incredible sweetness :)

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Top Tier Cakery 4

Cathy · Married on 09/02/2017

Nancy is a true artist when it comes to making wedding cakes! The cake for our wedding was absolutely beautiful. Nancy is so easy to work with and she answered all of my questions in a timely manner. She was so helpful with picking out the cake flavor and fillings. The cake tasted as amazing as it looked! We received so many compliments from our guests. I highly recommend Nancy and Top Tier Cakery.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Kate · Married on 08/12/2017

Nancy is an absolute cake magician! From the time we contacted her to the, tasting, to when the cake was delivered at our reception, Nancy blew us away with her professionalism and artistry. Not only are her cakes delicious, but they are simply works of art. I wish I could get married all over again just to have her make us another cake!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Kajsa · Married on 05/13/2017

Nancy was so wonderful to work with. We were planning our wedding out of state so we were concerned about communication and conveying our vision accurately and Nancy put all of our concerns at ease. She was always very prompt with her email responses and answered our questions thoroughly. We met with her for our tasting about a month before our wedding and she had a wonderful assortment of frosting flavors and cake for us to try. We wanted cupcakes for our wedding and Nancy helped us come up with the perfect combination of flavors. We also ordered a handful of vegan cupcakes to accommodate some of our guests and they turned out wonderful. Everything we ordered tasted delicious and it was set up beautifully. I would recommend Top Tier Cakery again and again.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Eryn · Married on 10/21/2016

Nancy was great to work with from the very beginning and she was always quick to respond when we had questions. Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, it tasted amazing too!

Sent on 10/25/2016
  • S&K P

Stacie · Married on 10/01/2016

Nancy was awesome! She was easy to contact and work with (especially planning from 3 hrs away). The cake was exactly what I imagined and at the same time it was beyond what I imagined. It was one of my favorite things about my wedding and it was yummy too! I definitely recommend Nancy!! :)

Sent on 10/06/2016

Claire · Married on 09/10/2016

Nancy was one of the best vendor decisions we made for our wedding. Clearly, she is passionate about her work - she has set up a small bakery as an extension of her home (trust Google maps!) and is an expert on all things iced and baked. We requested a small, 7” cake, and 200 cupcakes. Day-of, they were delivered, set up, and looked spectacular. The sugar flowers required a sign informing guests that they were, in fact, fake.

I also wanted to surprise my groom with a cake for our rehearsal dinner. Nancy exceeded my expectations with every detail. I had requested a “travel/hobby” themed cake and ended up with a suitcase, parachute, passport, swim flippers, and our motto, “You, me & the world”. It was perfect (and delicious - bourbon chocolate cake for my porter-loving husband)!

I highly recommend Top Tier Cakery - Nancy is nothing short of incredible!

Sent on 11/24/2016
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/23/2016

Nancy at Top Tier Cakery is an absolute delight to work with! From the cake tasting to the final products everything turned out perfect! For our wedding we had a grooms cake, the AMAZING wedding cake, and Nancy made a special personal cake for our 6 year old son. The flavor combinations were so good, the quality of the cake was beautiful! I could not say enough good things about this vendor. Nancy will work one-on-one with you from the start to the end, her communication is fantastic. She is very open to your idea and the final result of the cake did not disappoint. We will be contacting Nancy when it comes to our anniversary cake :-) Thank you so much Nancy for making our day one that we will not forget!

Sent on 08/01/2016
  • Cate

Cate · Married on 05/20/2016

When it comes to making cakes that make a statement, Nancy takes the spotlight, and deserves every minute in it! Of all the bakers in the area, Nancy is the most proficient at her craft, knowledgable of textures, flavors and materials, and she also bakes one heck of a cake! Nancy was easy to converse with, via email, and made the whole experience an absolute treat! While I opted to design the cake, Nancy put her own flair on the embellishments and inclusion of a gumpaste flower. Which was so lifelike, you'd never believe it was gumpaste.

I love my cake, and so did all of my guests. I'm so glad Nancy was able to make such an amazing, edible, masterpiece, for my wedding!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Top Tier Cakery's reply:

Thanks, Cate, for the surprise review. It was a pleasure making your unique cake, and I'm so glad you were pleased with it.

Lauren · Married on 12/19/2015

Wow! Everyone keeps saying how wonderful our wedding desserts were, and we couldn't agree more! We had a small coconut cake to cut and tons of cupcakes for our guests, and we couldn't be more pleased with our entire experience with Nancy at Top Tier. Everything was absolutely delicious and she made sure it was everything we asked for... and more! Would recommend her for anyone getting married in Northern Michigan!

Sent on 06/19/2018

M · Married on 08/22/2015

Our wedding cake was the most beautiful creation I have ever seen. It was prettier than we had ever dreamed and tasted just as good!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Jamie · Married on 06/27/2015

Nancy was a delight to work with! Our cake was beyond gorgeous and absolutely delicious! Thank you so much, Nancy!!! :) :) You will not be disappointed if you use her for your event.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Julia · event on 01/24/2015

I called Nancy at Top Tier Cakery at the last minute, due to another bakery losing my order and telling me they couldn't accomodate me and she took my order and didn't disappoint for my twin girls' Frozen Birthday Party. Not only were the cupcakes beautiful, they were delicious! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 02/14/2015

Nancy did a wonderful job of bringing our vision to life! The final product was beautifully orchestrated yet not over the top and the cake was decadently delicious :).

Sent on 01/17/2015

Knowing the kind of work that comes out of Top Tier Cakery I knew I wanted to work with her for my wedding and she did not disappoint!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Beth · Married on 10/25/2014

We had such a wonderful experience with Top Tier Bakery! Nancy is professional, artistic, and friendly, which made working with her one of the easiest and most stress-free parts of our wedding planning. She truly made our wedding cake and groom's cake a delicious one-of-a-kind experience that our guests still remark on to this day.

Sent on 01/19/2015

The cake was beautiful and tasted great too!

Sent on 01/16/2015

sharon · event on 10/06/2014

The cake was the highlight of our 50th anniversary. It was beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Leslee · Married on 10/04/2014

Nancy and Top Tier Cakery are fabulous! Nancy agreed to create a "one-of-kind" beautiful, custom, surprise wedding cake for my our son's wedding with very little lead time. Though she was already booked solid for the weekend, she was touched by their sweet love story, and accepted the job without hesitation.

Nancy is a wonderful and creative designer. She suggested matching the cake to our bride's beautifully unique wedding gown. Having only seen the dress in an emailed photo, she perfectly created the intricate lace pattern, and unique blush color of the gown. The cake was both stunning and delicious, including her special raspberry filling.

Nancy was wonderful to work with in all capacities. Top Tier Cakery has my highest recommendation!

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2014

I would never recommend a better baker!!! I love in Florida so it can make it really hard to place a wedding across the country ! But Nancy was amazing! Out of my vendor she was the one they stay in constant contact with me all year even ordered a special cake stand for me! I will continue to use her for any event I need a cake in the traverse city area!!!

Erin · Married on 09/27/2014

I loved working with Nancy on our wedding cake. We were able to customize everything! We are from the Metro Detroit area, but were having an up north wedding (the Homestead Resort) and it was so easy working with Nancy, even with a 5 hour distant between us. She was very responsive to emails and if I ever had a question or wanted to change my mind she was always there to make everything perfect for us.

We were having a fall wedding and I really wanted a layer of our cake to be a spice cake layer. When we went in for our tasting Nancy had all types of fillings available for us to taste, along with the spice cake and the normal cake. We ended up going with two layers of vanilla with raspberry and one layer of spice cake with apple. It was amazing! So moist, one of the best wedding cakes I have ever tasted, not like most wedding cakes where it is pretty but dry. Our cake was both beautiful and flavorful. We also had her make some sugar flowers for our cake. I told her the colors/theme of our wedding and she made the most amazing sugar flowers for us. We still have them at home as they were too beautiful to throw away! I was so excited when I saw my cake all set up, it was just beautiful.

Also her fondant is amazing! I never wanted fondant on my cake as I tend to hate the gumminess of it but we were able to taste hers at our tasting and it was amazing, tastes just like normal frosting without the gumminess.

I would highly recommend using Nancy and Top Tier Cakery for your wedding. I wish I lived closer so I could have her cakes for every birthday! I guess I will just have to wait for our one year anniversary when we can bust into our wedding cake top to have some more of her delicious cake.

maureen · Married on 09/21/2014

Nancy Collard of Top Tier Cakery was awesome to work with. She provided us with a beautiful nautical anchor applique designed wedding cake. Cake was deliciously prepared with a French-vanilla batter and cherry filling, white buttercream frosting and navy hand-made anchors with frosted-designed roping in between the round layers. Nancy provided very personalize service. I highly recommend Top Tier Cakery for any event, you will be impressed.

Sent on 02/18/2015

I was really debating on having a cake or not. I feel like at all the weddings I had been too the cake is really pretty but don't taste and good. I ended up getting one for more of the traditions of cutting cake. So we got a small cake. It was beautiful and good. Nancy was so friendly and talented. She was able to get me exactly what I wanted. I got a gum paste flower that looked real that sat on a wood slab made of fondant. People thought it was real that it wasn't until I told them after the wedding did they realize it was fake. So got enough cake for only half my guest (but had donuts, cinniumum swist and caramel apples) and the cake was the first gone! The only complaint was I didn't order enough!

Sent on 01/30/2015