91 Reviews for Top Hat Entertainment

Sound/PA System (6)
Photobooth (3)
Uplighting (1)
90 Top Hat Entertainment Reviews

We had Mark for our wedding at the Old Lantern and we could not have been more satisfied with how everything went. From the beginning in working with Mike, everyone at TopHat was professional, courteous, and enjoyable to work with. For the actual day of, Mark set up everything without any problems and given we had a more non-traditional ceremony, he set up wireless microphones and acoustics that worked beautifully. During the dinner and dancing, he played our playlists with his own minor additions to perfection and was extremely in tune with the ebb and flow of the evening and which songs to play. All in all, we couldn’t have had a more enjoyable experience with everyone at TopHat and we highly recommend them to anyone having a wedding or other big event.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 12/31/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I booked Top Hat for my wedding this October and I'm so glad I did! Everyone I spoke to at Top Hat was very friendly and helpful. Our DJ was Tyler Hart and he did an amazing job keeping our guests happy and on the dance floor. He was on-time, professional, and friendly so he was great to work with. I would definitely recommend Top Hat to anyone looking for a DJ. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and that is largely due to the awesome service from the Top Hat Team!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Excellent service from excellent people! Top Hat was the DJ for my wedding. They helped the reception move smoothly and made it easy for us to dance the night away. Highly recommend their services!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I highly recommend this vendor for all future brides. They are nothing short of spectacular. The team at Top Hat is full of energy and will stop at nothing to make sure you have your perfect wedding. Our DJ really took the time to get to know us as a couple to provide the perfect reception. They are true professionals.

Profile Picture Sharon, 10/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We had a great experience with Top Hat Entertainment for our wedding in Mountain Top Inn, Vermont. We used them for ceremony music, reception and dancing music, and dance floor lighting, Mark was extremely accommodating and great to work with. He was eager to follow non american guidelines from us and play the music we gave him which included French and Indian songs. Plus, this vendor used to work with our venue so it made it pretty easy! Can't recommend them enough.

Profile Picture herveline, 9/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We used Top Hat for our Sept 1 wedding and they were awesome! Not only did Mike totally get our taste in songs, but he really helped to keep the entire night on time. It was such a relief to know that he was there making sure everything was on schedule. They were also super easy to work with during the planning process and prompt with responses. I can't say enough nice things about Mike and Top Hat!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Top Hat Entertainment and DJ McInroe did an amazing job at our wedding this August. We were married at Jay Peak and they seamlessly provided our ceremony, cocktail, and reception music. Our DJ was profession, fun, and play the music we requested ... More importantly he had everyone dancing! We would use Top Hat again!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC

I can't say enough good things about Top Hat, and especially DJ Daren! The music from pre-ceremony, until our requested last song at the reception was perfect! Daren really knows how to get the party going, and keep it going! We also rented the Magic Mirror photo booth, and had SO MUCH fun with it... everyone LOVED it! It was very easy to communicate with Top Hat, and they made sure everything flowed smoothly, and that we got exactly what we wanted. Our best man was overseas and recorded a video for his speech, so Top Hat made sure that everything was downloaded and ready to go on their projector when it came time to show it... we were a little nervous about it actually happening, but Top Hat pulled through flawlessly. It was also a bonus that DJ Daren allowed our videographers connect to the soundboard, so that we now have great audio recordings of the ceremony and speeches. Like I said, I can't say enough good things about Top Hat, their employees, and their services! Would definitely recommend!!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

I work in the industry and know the best vendors around. When it was my time to get married, I knew Top Hat would be covering my entertainment. Mike and Tyler were fabulous! I communicated with both of them very often, which was so helpful when planning. They covered the entertainment, lights and photobooth. Tyler had everyone dancing all night, and was super flexible and friendly with myself and all my guests. I highly recommend using Top Hat if you want the best entertainment in Vermont, hands down.

Profile Picture Mary, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Uplighting, MC

My husband and I married in June 2017 in southern Vermont and we had MacInroe as our amazing DJ from Top Hat. We have him to thank for the incredible event that our celebration turned out to be! He not only helped to make our ceremony run smoothly, but then brought the party to the reception! Our dance floor was packed all night from the awesome music he played. In addition to his significant skill as DJ, he is also very upbeat, relaxed, and organized-
we loved working with him! We give Top Hat and MacInroe our highest recommendation for a wedding DJ. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/17/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Top Hat did an amazing job! They were responsive and very easy to work with in the planning stages. We had Tyler as our DJ. After speaking with him for only five minutes, we knew that he was going to make the reception a great dance party. He was professional and made us feel very comfortable. We had so many compliments on the music. Our guests couldn't wait to dance (even before dinner was over). Tyler did a great job of reading the crowd and kept them going on the dance floor. They also provided our photo booth which the guests loved. We can't wait to see the photos! We could not have been happier with Top Hat!!

Profile Picture User6358542, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We loved our experience with Top Hat and would recommend them to anyone! As an out-of-state couple, it was difficult to hire wedding vendors without recommendations, since we did not have an opportunity to meet everyone we hired before getting things set up with them. Top Hat was recommended to us by some other couples, and we’re so glad they were. From the beginning, they were very responsive and helped guide us through the process of choosing music, making sure we didn’t miss anything. On the day of, Tyler (our DJ) kept everything on schedule, checked in with us about timing, and made sure we knew what was going on and when certain things would happen (bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc.). He stayed later than we planned and kept playing, because our guests were having such a great time. He worked closely with the catering manager as well, to ensure a smooth and fun day for us. My only recommendation would be to meet with your DJ beforehand, even if it’s just a day or two. Tyler ended up wanting to check in with us about some things day-of, during cocktail hour, and we just wanted to get out there with our friends and family. Coming from out-of-state, this was hard to work out, but I wish we had been able to meet ahead of time, even for an hour or so. Other than that, everything was perfect and we’d recommend them hands down!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/22/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Everyone we worked with at Top Hat was professional, responsive and a pleasure to work with. The service provided by our DJ (Rob Jones) was above and beyond what we could have expected. From the ceremony music, to the lighting, and stellar playlist it was nothing short of perfection. Rob did an exceptional job controlling the mood and ambiance, tailoring the play list to our guests and was nothing but accommodating throughout the evening. Our guests have been raving about how much fun our reception was which is attributed to the exceptional service provided by Rob!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Working with Mike from Top Hat made the music aspect of our wedding absolutely painless and amazing. He knew exactly what music to play to keep the party going all night long. He was extremely personable and made everyone feel at home.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We used Top Hat as our music for our cocktail hour and reception at our barn wedding in Arlington, VT. Damon did a spectacular job! He was very professional, had a great presence and was on top of all of the details. We requested a mix of spanish music (salsa/merengue) as well as the usual dance music and he did a great job of mixing the two up and keeping both sides of our family happy and dancing! He was even attentive to our timeline with our photographer, pulling us aside to make sure we did our cake cutting and mother-son/father-daughter dances while she was still with us. I received multiple comments from guests stating how great the DJ was, open to suggestion and playing the perfect mix of american and spanish styles to keep everyone happy. We couldn't have been more pleased and happy with Damon. His professionalism and experience made our evening a wonderful hit!

Profile Picture Y, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones

The whole Top Hat team was very responsive from the moment we emailed them to inquire a quote. They listened to all of our requests and made sure not to play anything that was on the "do not playlist" even if guests requested it. Darren was an amazing DJ and we were thrilled to have him on our wedding day. The crowd danced all night long and it was exactly as we wanted it to be!

Profile Picture Allison, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Tophat did our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and reception and everything was spectacular. Mike was our DJ and the guy flat out knows what he's doing. Before the wedding, Mike took a good amount of his personal time to hear about who we are what type of people our guests were. He encouraged a lot of our musical selections and did an excellent job making suggestions to help streamline everything. Unfortunately, our outdoor wedding was moved inside due to weather. Within ten minutes, Mike had everything set up at our alternate venue with a big smile on his face. During the reception, Mike was diligent in checking in with us to make sure that everyone was having fun (of course they were). We had people on the dance floor the ENTIRE night and we have received so many compliments on the music which is a testament to Mike. Mike even played a few extra songs for us when everyone was visibly bummed that the party was over. Mike was not only a great DJ and MC, but he's truly a great guy as well who clearly loves what he does. If you want great music, professionalism, and just really great people, stop your search and call TopHat now. You won't regret it!

Travis and Laura Smith
Mountain Top Inn, Chittenden VT
5/10/15

Profile Picture Travis, 5/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I had such a wonderful experience with our Top Hat DJ. TRACY2VT, I also had Mark as a dj, but had a completely different experience. Mark was amazing, he was out going, friendly, everyone from our wedding party loved him and was able to play every song we had asked for... even the ones that were not your average dj songs! He was very professional and he even was able to give us some great advice on our big day. I felt very comfortable with him because he has so much experience and would recommend him to anyone. If you do decide to go with Top Hat, definitely request Mark... he was fantastic!

Profile Picture bryn, 5/9/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Top Hat provided the music for my incredible reception as well as awesome lighting that definitely made the night. We were honored to have Top Hat at our event. Not only did they play all of my must have songs, but they were great with the crowd. The best DJ experience I've ever seen. They really captured the essence of our wedding.

Profile Picture Sienna, 10/19/14, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We knew we wanted a DJ and talked with many vendors before signing with Top Hat Entertainment. From the moment I spoke with Mike, I knew things clicked. He had the same values and ideas of how a dj should function at a reception and he was a great communicator.
At our event, Mike was incredible – way more than just our dj. He stepped in with our cake cutting and timeline to make the evening run smoothly and efficiently for us and our guests when our wedding coordinator left during the ceremony! We really could not believe how amazing he was and always communicated. He had the best presence at our event and was an amazing part of our team - we feel so lucky to have had him there for our big day. As for music and dj-ing, he did everything right – played the songs we requested prior and kept the night flowing and people on the dance floor all night! He even made some shout outs to us so we remembered to dance the night away. He was beyond wonderful!
Elissa, our photobooth attendant, was so sweet and personable and easygoing with our guests. She kept the photobooth running smoothly and even got us in to the booth to take a photo before the night got to crazy! We so appreciated that so we have that momento now. We also got the copies of our photos so quickly after the event. They are on top of it!
Top Hat is amazing and so highly recommended!

Profile Picture User4567047, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Mark was our DJ for our wedding, and I never thought that I would get this many compliments on our music! He was professional, responsive, and was able to read the crowd. There was never a moment that the dance floor had less than 20 people on it, and the only reason that it was 20 was because the rest were waiting in line for the photo booth! Top Hat was able to help us direct our guests to use their photobooth strips in our guest book, and my now husband and I spent our first married night laughing over the pictures. Our night was completely made by Top Hat!

Profile Picture User4141400, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We used Top Hat for our DJ and Photobooth rental for our wedding. We were highly impressed! Our DJ (Tyler Hart) was great and kept everyone entertained as well as kept the evening flowing smoothly. The photobooth was a huge hit and people loved taking their photos. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/6/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We had a really great experience with Top Hat for our september 6th wedding. We had heard Damon (DJ) playing at our venue tasting and knew we wanted to hire him right away. He was extremely professional and you could tell he was very experienced. We had been to many weddings where the DJ was really cheesy and constantly talking into the microphone, or playing music way too loud so we were really hesitant about having a DJ. Damon didn't encompass any of these traits! He played amazing music and at the appropriate level. We received so many compliments on the music at our wedding. The whole process was seamless with setting up the contract and everything. They were definitely my easiest vendor to deal with, which is a nice relief for a bride. Highly Recommend.

Profile Picture jm, 9/6/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved Mike, he was professional, adaptable and so very kind. He took care of everything we needed and let us enjoy our special day by taking care of any items that popped up and needed attention. We truly could not have asked for a more perfect DJ. Thank you!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/31/14, 4 Reviews