Top Hat Entertainment Reviews

Top Hat Entertainment 7
  • Erin

Erin A Arbaugh · Married on 09/28/2019

We love Top Hat!

Guys - if you don't hire Top Hat, you're insane. Mike made our wedding run like clock work - every song, announcement and transition was perfectly timed and flawlessly managed. He even figured out how to wire a keyboard and speakers on a remote hilltop for our ceremony, without a single complaint or hiccup. We can't tell you how many guests said, "That was the best wedding we've EVER been to," and we credit that to Mike and his team. Get ready for the wedding/dance party of your dreams!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Ali · Married on 09/07/2019

Top Hat is the Best!

Top Hat is an awesome company and Rob was an awesome DJ! He kept the flow of the evening moving perfectly. He was very flexible with us and was very receptive to suggestions from the wedding guests - which we had previously given the OK to do. The dance floor was packed all night long and it's fully due to Rob's DJ talent! We are so happy we used Top Hat and had Rob as our DJ!

Ali McAuliffe · Married on 09/07/2019

Top Hat is the Best!

Rob at Top Hat was an awesome DJ! He kept the party going all night long and was so receptive to suggestions from our wedding guests (which was exactly what we wanted!). He was flexible with us on timing and kept the flow of the evening going very smoothly. I can't say anything but great things about Top Hat as a company and Rob as a DJ. Thanks, Top Hat!

• Heather

Heather Maclaren · Married on 08/31/2019

Above and beyond my expectations!!!! 10/10

First of all I never write reviews but had to write one for Mike at Top Hat, this guy went above and beyond the DJ job description to make our day perfect and we are so appreciative of this.

To be honest I was really worried about hiring a DJ... I've seen some super cheesy ones that just don't get the vibe of the party. A live band was my top choice but too expensive.

We hired with Top Hat after having a great phone conversation with Mike. He was incredibly nice, personable and authentic. Even with just a phone call, we were hopeful that this guy got us and what we were looking for on our special day. All I can say is WOW I'm so glad we did. Here are some things that Mike did that blew us away.

He really cared about the details and wanted everything to be perfect for us. For the ceremony, he made sure all the songs we wanted were played at the right time, did a seamless sound check and set up. The mics worked perfectly there were no hiccups or technical issues.

Mike kept us on schedule, the person who was supposed to keep everything on track was MIA, so Mike stepped in and found everyone that was going to make a speech, gave them 10 minute heads up, showed them how to use the mike. It was amazing and he made run smoothly that had the potential of going WAY off track.

Mike kept the dance floor going ALL NIGHT!!! He played a perfect blend of music that everyone loved which wasn't easy as we had a range of people from little kids, teenagers, adults. Even my 87 grandmother was still on the dance floor until the end! He did a fantastic job of reading the crowd.
    Mike also facilitated impromptu party requests like a Conga line to "Hot, hot, hot" to a dance floor jump rope made of table cloths and electrical tape (provided by Mike) he was able to adapt with the crowd and give them what they wanted and make it even better.

Bottom line, hire this guy, you won't regret it and the best part of all this is that he is the nicest guy. He always had a big smile and a positive attitude. You can tell he genuinely loves what he does and feels honored to be there on your special day. THANK YOU MIKE!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    Top Hat Entertainment 8
    Top Hat Entertainment 9
    Top Hat Entertainment 10

Halley · Married on 06/29/2019

Definitely Recommend!

Top Hat DJ was great! They came highly recommended from several friends and we specifically requested Tyler per their recommendation. Tyler was so helpful and friendly. We had a friend who played the guitar during the ceremony, but Tyler happily provided the system and then managed everything form dinner through dancing. He took our music selection and ran with it exactly as we had hoped, and everyone danced all night long! Recommend for sure!

Lorrie · Married on 05/18/2019

Dancing all night long

Mike and Mark are great to work with! Very professional, accommodating, and best yet fun! They take so much into account for choosing the best environment for your event from music tastes, ages present and just reading the crowd. My husband and all his groomsmen are military and Mark made sure to have the correct titles for everyone. He even helped us surprise a couple in our wedding party since our wedding date is also their anniversary! Mark worked closes,y with our venue to plan every speech, dance, etc perfectly. We even rented lawn games from them which all of guests loved! What I thought was amazing was that unlike many other companies, if the weather was not permitting th alwn games, they would not charge us for them, only if we used them, which luckily we were able to. The music was great, I know I spent the entire night on the fpdance floor! We couldn't be happier with the entertainment provided by Top Hat and would quickly recommend them to anyone in search of entertainment for their event!

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Top Hat Entertainment 19
    Top Hat Entertainment 20

Miranda · Married on 03/16/2019

So Much Fun!

They know how to keep the party going! The music was perfectly suited to our tastes as well as the guests. Our dance floor was never empty!

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 12/30/2018

What started as a disaster ended up making our wedding 100x better!

We can NOT recommend TopHat’s DJ and photo booth services highly enough!! My husband and I had never considered ourselves a “dj couple”; we had both envisioned a band at our wedding. However, about a week or two before our wedding (I’m honestly trying to block it out), our band pulled out. As you can imagine, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do. My wedding coordinator recommended TopHat Entertainment’s DJ services; I was slightly nervous at first because we had associated DJ’s with cheesy/cliche weddings and we desperately wanted to avoid that. However, I reached out to Mike anyway and I am SO GLAD I DID. He immediately calmed my fears and went above and beyond to ensure that he would provide us with exactly what we needed in terms of wedding music. My husband is a bit of a music snob, and Mike allowed us to create our own playlists and happily agreed to stay away from all typical wedding music. However, we gave Mike permission to read the crowd and add/omit songs as he saw fit - and he did an amazing job of that!!At the wedding itself, Mike was able to read the crowd so incredibly well and played a perfectly curated selection of music (both our suggestions and his own) and I can truly say I have never seen or heard of a livelier wedding reception!! Everyone was glued to the dance floor the ENTIRE NIGHT and I’m relatively confident I never stopped moving once. There was not an ounce of cheesiness; Mike was a pure delight!! Additionally, I had not planned on getting a Photo Booth, but Mike convinced us to include his magic mirror photo booth and the guests ABSOLUTELY loved it. That ended up being a highlight of our reception! Looking back, I am genuinely SO GRATEFUL our band screwed us over & that we went the DJ route with TopHat. Highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Kira · Married on 09/16/2018

Top Hat is the BEST! Not only are they professional, they are the nicest company to work with. Mike was our DJ and he truly made sure we had the best night of our lives. We asked for specific songs to be played and to keep us dancing all night, he did that and more. Plus the magic mirror photo booth was amazing! Our guests absolutely loved it. We could not recommend Top Hat more, they went above and beyond to make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Kay · Married on 08/29/2018

After briefly speaking with Mike on the phone, we immediately knew we wanted to invite him to DJ and MC our wedding. His enthusiasm, professionalism, and competency coalesced to set the exact mood we were hoping for. He worked incredibly well with other vendors, his equipment was top notch, and his music selection was fabulous. He honored the various musical elements of our ceremony that we requested while still reading the crowd and creating a fun atmosphere. We didn’t have to worry about a thing all day long. We could not have been more thrilled with his performance!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Naomi · Married on 08/18/2018

Mark was an awesome DJ! We got married at Mt. Snow Grand Summit Resort and Top Hat did the photo booth,uplighting, and DJ. All of our guests have been raving about Top Hat! Mark played all of the songs we requested and played songs in various genres. He was very accommodating with us because we had some live musicians and he was so easy going. Our guests were on the dance floor from the second we walked in the ballroom. Thank you Top Hat! We are forever grateful!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Regina · Married on 08/14/2018

We met Mike at a tasting at our venue (MTI) and knew he would be great! He was very attentive to our requests and kept in contact with us leading up to the wedding. He was on point for everything we requested and kept the party going, catering to the vibe of the dance floor. I had so many guests say that they had an amazing time and that has a lot to do with a great DJ! If you're choosing between Top Hat and someone else, choose Top Hat! I honestly don't have one negative comment about them.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Caitrin · Married on 07/07/2018

Mike and the Top Hat team are the best! They were recommended to us by another bride, and now I'm recommending them to you! They went above and beyond to help create our perfect wedding weekend: from spending hours on the phone with me answering every question I could think of about how a wedding works, to building us a custom Giant Beer Pong set for the rehearsal BBQ (because they didn't originally have one, but we REALLY wanted it), to making music on a rustic hilltop possible (they have the best equipment and tons of experience with all situations), to coordinating several of my musically talented friends who were performing during the wedding, to making my custom-designed photo booth printouts work out perfectly... and that was on top of all the coordinating of events and people and music that DJs are responsible for! All the music and timing of events was spot on, and all our guests had a blast, especially with the series of closing songs Mike chose to top off the night! Mike was so attentive to everyone's needs, and handled every situation (including a glass shattering on the dance floor) with grace and ease. These guys are the real deal and I would 1000% recommend them!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Top Hat Entertainment 21
    Top Hat Entertainment 22
    Top Hat Entertainment 23
    Top Hat Entertainment 24

Ruby · Married on 07/07/2018

Great DJ!!

Top Hat was great and professional! They did the music for our reception. We had many people compliment us afterwards on the great DJ! I especially appreciated that they respected my request that the music not be too loud (we had older family members present at the reception), and even my grandfather was very happy with the volume! Lawn games and photo booth were also a big hit with our guests.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Susan · Married on 07/06/2018

Excellent entertainment. There was never a time that there was not a group of people on the dance floor. We had been to 2 other weddings that we had heard Top Hat and were very impressed, so we were glad to obtain them for our son's wedding. They were very easy to work with and very accommodating to our needs and selection of music. The DJ stayed in contact with the bride and groom throughout the evening to check in with them, which was great. I would highly recommend them for your next event and know we will be hiring them again in the future for our daughters' weddings.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2018

Top Hat did a fantastic job at my wedding. My husband and I and all our friends are between 28 and 33 so we wanted all the hits we grew up listening to in the 90's and early 00's and they nailed it, our friends were dancing and having a blast all night. One friend even ripped his pants, I think that really says it all.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Jocelyn · Married on 12/31/2017

We had Mark for our wedding at the Old Lantern and we could not have been more satisfied with how everything went. From the beginning in working with Mike, everyone at TopHat was professional, courteous, and enjoyable to work with. For the actual day of, Mark set up everything without any problems and given we had a more non-traditional ceremony, he set up wireless microphones and acoustics that worked beautifully. During the dinner and dancing, he played our playlists with his own minor additions to perfection and was extremely in tune with the ebb and flow of the evening and which songs to play. All in all, we couldn’t have had a more enjoyable experience with everyone at TopHat and we highly recommend them to anyone having a wedding or other big event.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Brittany · Married on 10/14/2017

I booked Top Hat for my wedding this October and I'm so glad I did! Everyone I spoke to at Top Hat was very friendly and helpful. Our DJ was Tyler Hart and he did an amazing job keeping our guests happy and on the dance floor. He was on-time, professional, and friendly so he was great to work with. I would definitely recommend Top Hat to anyone looking for a DJ. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and that is largely due to the awesome service from the Top Hat Team!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Beth · Married on 10/14/2017

Excellent service from excellent people! Top Hat was the DJ for my wedding. They helped the reception move smoothly and made it easy for us to dance the night away. Highly recommend their services!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Sharon · Married on 10/02/2017

I highly recommend this vendor for all future brides. They are nothing short of spectacular. The team at Top Hat is full of energy and will stop at nothing to make sure you have your perfect wedding. Our DJ really took the time to get to know us as a couple to provide the perfect reception. They are true professionals.

Sent on 12/13/2017

herveline · Married on 09/18/2017

We had a great experience with Top Hat Entertainment for our wedding in Mountain Top Inn, Vermont. We used them for ceremony music, reception and dancing music, and dance floor lighting, Mark was extremely accommodating and great to work with. He was eager to follow non american guidelines from us and play the music we gave him which included French and Indian songs. Plus, this vendor used to work with our venue so it made it pretty easy! Can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Kathleen · Married on 09/01/2017

We used Top Hat for our Sept 1 wedding and they were awesome! Not only did Mike totally get our taste in songs, but he really helped to keep the entire night on time. It was such a relief to know that he was there making sure everything was on schedule. They were also super easy to work with during the planning process and prompt with responses. I can't say enough nice things about Mike and Top Hat!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

Top Hat Entertainment and DJ McInroe did an amazing job at our wedding this August. We were married at Jay Peak and they seamlessly provided our ceremony, cocktail, and reception music. Our DJ was profession, fun, and play the music we requested ... More importantly he had everyone dancing! We would use Top Hat again!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Leah · Married on 07/22/2017

Top hat was an amazing vendor. They were very fast to respond and went above and beyond with our music, lighting, and photo booth requests. Through this vendor we hired a DJ, magic mirror photo booth, and up-lighting. Our DJ, Tyler, did a great job with our music selection, everyone had such a fun time dancing. People were dancing from the start of the music until the very end of this night, the dance floor was packed. The magic mirror photo booth was a hit. It was much less cramped than a regular photo booth. Our guests loved how they could sign their photo and even add emojis to it. The up-lighting was key, Tyler did a great job controlling the lights once the music started for dancing. We highly recommend Top Hat!!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Katie · Married on 07/15/2017

I can't say enough good things about Top Hat, and especially DJ Daren! The music from pre-ceremony, until our requested last song at the reception was perfect! Daren really knows how to get the party going, and keep it going! We also rented the Magic Mirror photo booth, and had SO MUCH fun with it... everyone LOVED it! It was very easy to communicate with Top Hat, and they made sure everything flowed smoothly, and that we got exactly what we wanted. Our best man was overseas and recorded a video for his speech, so Top Hat made sure that everything was downloaded and ready to go on their projector when it came time to show it... we were a little nervous about it actually happening, but Top Hat pulled through flawlessly. It was also a bonus that DJ Daren allowed our videographers connect to the soundboard, so that we now have great audio recordings of the ceremony and speeches. Like I said, I can't say enough good things about Top Hat, their employees, and their services! Would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 07/13/2017