Tones Entertainment Reviews

121 Reviews for Tones Entertainment

• Taryn

Taryn Sheel · Married on 07/06/2019

Very fun DJ!

I would recommend to a friend! Tony was very fun, accommodating, and kept us on track throughout the reception. I do wish Tony and I communicated a little more prior to the wedding/months leading up to the wedding just for peace of mind. I feel as though I was usually the one reaching out to Tones Entertainment through phone/email. But when the day came, Tony was present and did everything he promised! He allowed guests to request songs. He even came up to me and asked "can I play country music" because a guest requested it and he was not sure if I liked that type of music. He seems like a great guy and also is very affordable.

Sent on 07/09/2019

keith · Married on 08/16/2014

John the photographer from jimmy C 's was very personable and took some great shots for us. He was always available when we needed him and was observant and detailed. Would recommend jimmy C ' s for sure :)

Sent on 03/08/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/05/2014

The photographer, Roger took many photos which gave us a lot to chose from, The DJ, Chris, played just the right music we wanted.

Sent on 08/03/2014

3.0

Everything was pretty good. The issues we had we with the dj playing some lame music at the beginning. I had a friend that is a dj give him a new playlist. He also just shut everything down when the end time arrived even though a dj from the same company was doing my friends wedding a few weeks before and played extra time because people were still dancing. That dj we requested but was not available. Also, videographer missed a lot of the wedding party's entrance into the reception and onto the dance floor but the layout may have made tht difficult for him. The photo booth and photographer were awesome. All employees were very nice. Dj seemed overwhelmed.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Tones Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your feedback it is always appreciated. We pride ourselves in playing music to appease the many different demographics attending your event. Generally speaking this means playing THE most popular HITS from many eras to get everyone up off their feet! As far as the end time, we are so very sorry if your music ended at the time you had scheduled it to end at. We always let our clients know they can add time to the contract the night of the event for a very nominal fee, it is quite possible the couple that was referred to added extra time and no one knew the wiser!
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 01/03/2015

3.5

This was the best choice for a favor. People love taking home a picture of themselves as a memory from a wedding. My guests had a blast, the attendant worked so hard, and the props were hilarious! It did take some extra work on my part, to edit what the photos said before, to get the digital files after... I got them, but I had to do the follow up.

Sent on 01/14/2015

4.2

We submitted an entire spreadsheet of songs and a timeline of events. The DJ kept asking us if it was ok to do this now and this now, etc. This was ok since we were running a little behind schedule, but I would have preferred to not think at all and just relax all night.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Taryn · Married on 07/06/2019

3.0

Fun time with great music!

Very flexible and kept us on track! I do wish Tony called and emailed us more before the wedding just to touch base. I felt like I was usually the one checking it and seeing if there is anything I needed to do. But when it came to the actual day of the wedding, Tony was there and did a great job! Very willing to take song requests and give advice on timeline of the day.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Celia · Married on 09/23/2017

3.5

They were amazing! Couldn’t ask for anyone better!

Sent on 09/08/2018

kayla · Married on 05/24/2014

They did an awesome job with all of the services michelle our photographer was amazing she was so personable and there for anything we needed

Sent on 07/30/2014
  • Bananya7

Annika · Married on 02/14/2004

3.5

The DJ was recommended by our caterer and we were happy with the result. They got everyone dancing. There were some problems that I wish didn't happen but I wasn't too upset. Our first dance song was a little messed up because they played a different version than what we requested so it was faster than we had practiced and it wasn't slow and romantic. Then they mixed up the two songs for the garter toss. Besides that it was all classic wedding music. They did a good job announcing us and really tried to make us happy by talking with us that day.

Sent on 07/05/2009

3.8
      3.5

Photographer Jennifer was outstanding she was attentive and took beautiful pictures.

Sent on 02/25/2014

3.8
      3.5

jimmy c's was an amazing experience as a whole. Jimmy was our DJ and was beyond exceptional. He made our wedding magical. We were definetley dissapointed with our photographer however. Michelle did our photos and left ALOT to be desired .Very upset and unsatisfied with our photos and everything about them, including the amount of time it took to get them back and the fact that we never got our photobook which was agreed upon in our contract. Again cant stress enough that Jimmy C was amazing but would absolutely not recomend michelle as a photographer, although her attitude was very proffessional and she was fun, her work left a lot to be desired.

Sent on 06/07/2013

Tones Entertainment's reply:

We get our photos back to our clients within one month of an event. This is well below industry average of 3-4 month post event. All clients have been provided every product ever ordered. This client declined to choose photos for the album that was included in their package, so we chose beautiful photos and created a stunning album and hand delivered it to the client. The client currently has multiple framed prints from our photographer displayed throughout their home. This photographer has done hundreds of weddings, and has never received a complaint.

3.6
      3.0

I am yet to see the video, but videographers were very personable with our guests.

Sent on 04/15/2015

3.2
      2.0

A little more attention to detail with each different part of your business. example...My wedding party entry song was wrong! By the end of the night we finally got a chance to go in our photo booth and you could not even see yourself on the screen. when I told the book guy he said oh no the pictures are coming out fine. I believe the screen was tilted and like a computer it was only dark... Our video we were not exactly happy with and look as if it was a power point.

Sent on 03/01/2014

Kathleen · Married on 07/20/2007

2.5
      1.5

We got great pictures out of this company, however.... our photographer was not the nicest to the bride. He was very demanding and rude at times. He was not professionally dressed (lacking a tie and suit coat)

Sent on 04/30/2008

Laura · Married on 10/15/2011

2.4
      3.0

I spent a hundred extra dollars to get their "best" DJ. However, I didn't get to talk to him until he arrived at our reception. I had to go through the staff the whole planning process. The DJ would say we requested songs that we did not. He did not play all the songs that we put on our list.

Sent on 10/22/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/01/2016

1.8
      2.5
      1.5

Our DJ and videographer were both unprofessional. The videographer put his equipment in the middle of a guest table and left it there while the guests were eating. The DJ repeated himself so much that guests asked if he were drunk and could he just stop talking. He also called me, the mother of the groom, the sister of the best man. Really. In addition, the DJ played VERY Few of the songs that we had requested prior to the wedding. I called the company afterwards to let them know these issues and other ones we had and they said that Jimmy would call me back. Nope. No return call.

Sent on 03/30/2017

1.8
      1.5

We hired Jimmy C's and requested Jimmy C himself, since he was supposed to be "the best". We were not happy with him and our guests have since made comments to us such as, "Great wedding! But what was with your DJ?"

Jimmy made the party about himself and did not follow through on some requests from myself and my husband. For example, we asked that he did not take requests, and he started the night by saying "come up and make requests!". I also had some songs (not many) on a "do not play" list. Jimmy called me 2 days before my wedding to tell me that I shouldn't do that, that I should trust him because he is "the best in the city", etc. I found that to be rude and unprofessional.

Also during the night, Jimmy took it upon himself to do some other things that are not "usual" for wedding DJ's, such as asking EVERYONE in the ballroom to gather around the dance floor to watch our first dance and then waited until everyone followed his directions. Meanwhile ignoring my requests to just start the song.

And prior to the event, I was not happy with the professionalism of the office staff regarding the preparations.

I would not recommend Jimmy C to other brides. Yes, the price was good, but spend another $100 or so and get better quality.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Raff · Married on 11/12/2011

1.0

The only reason I gave this company a star is because I has to fill it out in order to write a review!! Jimmy c's is the most unprofessional business I have ever dealt with in my life!! We used their videographer and they did a horrible job!! They promised us 6 hours of footage and gave us less than 4 hours. There was NO sound on half the video!! During our wedding vows the tape is silent and then they tried covering it up and put music on Some of the DVD? When I called to tell them the owner (jimmy) told me that they did not "guarantee" their products!!!! My wedding video was completely out of order and is forever ruined. He then proceeded to tell me to "take him to small claims court" and even suggested I call the BBB on them. I just wanted some money back, I didn't expect it in full bc I know they payed someone to be there, also someone that ruined something very important to me. His employee Michelle also got in the phone with me after I called several times to file a complaint. She called me a liar and told me they never told me it would be six hour footage. This place is a complete joke and I don't understand how they could treat their customer in such a manner. I guess it's because they don't guarantee their product.. Please stay away from these people there are plenty of others to use in the area that care about their customers.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Alicia · Married on 10/01/2016

0.4
      0.5

We used Jimmy C's for videography and DJ. James' staff the day of were awesome. He himself is a jerk. After losing my wedding video due to "hard drive and external hard drive crash", he stopped contacting me to tell me the status of my video. When I called for a refund in December, he refused to give it to me "claiming he was going to fix it". After telling me it was sent out to 4 different vendors, he still never told me what those people said. I don't believe him for one second. I know hard drives can be recovered. He was a jerk on the phone to me and my family and is awful at communication. Although his prices are great and we can't complain about the guys we were lucky enough to have, we will NEVER recommend this company to anyone and we are going to be sure to write a bad review on every page possible to save others from this same misery. Yes, he did give my money back for the video services but that doesn't fix the fact that my wedding day video is GONE because of him and his selfish ways. Figure out how to use computers, have proper backup, or just SHUT DOWN.

EDIT: I have been informed that Jimmy C is no longer running this company and thank God someone listened! I received a phone call from the new owner who was very nice and tried to fix the wrong that Jimmy had done. I greatly appreciate it and hope he has a great future changing this business into something much better. Good luck to Tony and Tim!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2016

0.4
      0.5

I would not suggest this company!!!! We had barely any contact prior to my wedding day, but this not where my problem is. The actual videographer the day of the wedding was nice but the quality of the footage we received was not good at all, you cannot even hear my MOH's of father's speeches which is the whole reason we wanted a videographer. What i am most upset about is that they asked for some of my wedding pictures to put to a song prior to my poorly edited video and they took those pictures (WHICH WERE SHOT BY A DIFFERENT PHOTOGRAPHER/COMPANY) and placed them on their facebook page as well as this page on weddingwire.com. To me this is extremely unprofessional and unacceptable trying to claim the work of someone else. To make it even better i was saving my pictures do make albums for my family members but this company instead took it upon themselves to release them to the public. Very very very unhappy and still in the process of making them take them down. Do not choose this company for your wedding day.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Tones Entertainment's reply:

Hi Ashley! I have tried to further contact with you, we wish you had voiced your concerns at an earlier time, as we would have taken care of them, I apologized for the mistake, as a new employee finding the photos on our hard drives I would have had no idea they were not our own! I also asked for the information fo the real photographer so I could posat an apology, and ownership to them as it was not malicious or intentionally stolen. Thank you for taking the time to review us! I hope you will get in contact with us