Tones Entertainment Reviews

121 | Rochester, NY

121 Reviews for Tones Entertainment

Shiejen · Married on 08/14/2010

Through Jimmy c's, I had the DJ service, photographer, and videographer! They were AMAZING!!!! It was nice not to worry about anything because they thought of it all! They were professional and fun, which made the day flow smooth and wonderful. Each individual went above and beyond their duty to make my memory of my wedding perfect!!!! I highly recommend!!!

Sent on 08/21/2010

christina · Married on 06/06/2010

I must say, these guys are AWESOME! Michelle was an awesome photographer and we got some great shots outside right after the rain ended! I was so happy that I upgraded to her as my photographer. They are affordable and very professional. If I had to do it all again, I would use them.

Sent on 06/24/2010
  • leilanismommy

Lindsey · Married on 06/05/2010

All 3 services were amazing...definitely recommend them

Sent on 06/29/2010

John · Married on 08/08/2009

Jimmy C's music machine provided us with everything we could need for our wedding days. Between our small private ceremony and reception to our large fall pig roast reception with full DJ service. Professional and friendly not only in capturing great memories but in keeping the crowd engaged and moving from the first song through the last.

Michelle was always quick to respond to calls and thorough with her communicating our needs and wants from the meetings to the event. Would recommend over and over.

Sent on 12/17/2012

Rachel · Married on 03/21/2015

Hi Team Jimmy C,

Hmmm system won't let me give 6 stars - that's what you deserve!
    Just want to tell you how FABULOUS Sydney's Bat Mitzvah was! You completely exceeded our expectations !! The kids and adults had a ball, the party never stopped, You are true professionals and we Loved every minute of the party.

Can't thank you enough except to help spread the word!

Rachel & Scott Gordon

Sent on 03/23/2015

Jen · Married on 05/17/2014

My wedding was the second occasion I have booked Jimmy C for. He was our dj and we also hired a videographer. My guests loved Jimmy C and he is a great emcee and is very funny. I still hear many compliments about him from my guests. We wanted a 50% country music reception. Well, Jimmy did the research beforehand and mixed in great country will popular music. Donny was out videographer. We chose the unedited version of our wedding/reception. I am very pleased with all the footage I received. Donny worked very hard from 11AM to almost 11PM. Jimmy C's DJ and Videography services, I highly recommend.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Shannon · Married on 05/27/2012

I am so glad that I hired Jimmy C's Music Machine to provide Rochester Photography, DJ, and Ceremony Music services. The ceremony music is exactly what I wanted, the DJ was awesome and he stayed longer because guests wanted to dance more, and I loved my pictures. Photographers were very flexible with time and where to take pictures. There were only 2 pictures that we missed out on. We did not get pictures of the flower girl by herself, but we got the ring bearer by himself. We also did not get a picture of both sides of the family together with the parents and brothers and sisters with the bride and groom all together, but I guess that is very common. Other than that I would recommend Jimmy C's to everyone.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Sandi · Married on 10/13/2018

Review of wedding/reception

Everything was over the top (Photographer and Photo Booth) except our playlist we requested did not get played and the order of the dances did not get communicated to the dj for some reason.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Janine · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a wonderful evening with family and friends on September 15th. Tim played our list and great editions for the whole event. When the party started to break up, we got to dance to our favorites under the lights. Great job and would recommend Tones Entertainment.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Jimmy C's was amazing! I initially used them because of an email promotion, but they turned out to be great. They only had one attendant, which was concerning at first, but there was absolutely no problem with this. Other higher priced places will try to tell you that you need insurance and all the bells and whistles, but we got just what we wanted - a simple photo booth for guest entertainment and pictures. We even provided a flash drive to get a copy of all the photos, which was entertaining to us after the reception. Great time and great fun!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Shannon · Married on 02/22/2014

We loved working with Jimmy C's. Not only was it an excellent value, but the quality of service was incredible. We absolutely loved our photographer Michelle. She completely blended in on the day. She managed to catch so many wonderful details from the day in her photos that we never even thought of. Our videographer was also fantastic. He captured so many great parts of the day. When we watched the video we had no idea he had gotten so much awesome footage. He also included video messages from guests, we had never thought about asking for that but it was such a nice touch. The pictures and video truly help us look back on our day with such happiness. Everyone loved our photobooth provided by Jimmy C's and said it was a highlight of the night for them. It came stocked with many props and a very helpful attendant. Our DJ (can't remember his name either, oops!) was great too, although not on the same level as the rest of the Jimmy C's staff that took part in our day. He put song request sheets on all the tables, which I loved, but didn't play any of the requests. Numerous guests told me they approached him with requests and he refused to play them. That's a minor thing since clearly he knew better on what songs to play since the floor was packed all night! But at two points in the night he had the crowd circle around me (the bride) and played a song and said I had to dance alone for everyone. It was completely embarrassing and mortifying. Maybe it's a trivial thing to be upset about, but being singled out and put on the spot on my wedding day was a little mortifying.

All in all, I would recommend this company to anyone. They were so wonderful. They were quick to reply to any form of communication. Pictures and video came back wonderful. I am still receiving compliments on a wonderful evening from my guests!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Mary Beth · Married on 11/10/2012

The DJ, photographer and videographer did a wonderful job for our wedding. It was so nice working with 1 company that was so helpful and did an excellent job. We had a few special requests and everyone wanted to make the day just perfect. We have received so many compliments on the entire evening as well as the photographs and video. We were hesitant to have the video and we are so glad we did. Everyone is so friendly and supportive at Jimmy C's and wanted to make sure that everything went just right, which it did! We had a wonderful time!

Sent on 11/27/2012
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/06/2011

Sandy is amazing. She is always available and quick with an answer. So helpful. The DJ may have had a few screws loose. But, overall...they were fantastic.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Kelly · Married on 08/28/2009

I was most pleased with the photographer and videographer from my wedding . They were very accomodating, flexible, friendly.... the list goes on. The end product was amazing and I could not have been happier. In fact I have used them deveral other times since my wedding for family and maternity photos. I am an amateur photographer myself so my pictures for all of these events were extreemly important to me. I completely trust Michelle with my photos and do recommed them to everyone for photography.

Sent on 02/01/2013

Marisa · Married on 03/08/2014

The photographs came out beautifully and everyone was super friendly and great to work with. The price was perfect and the music was fun. We also had the photobooth and I highly recommend including that in your package with Jimmy C when you book because our guests loved using it. You also receive a disk of all your photos and if you choose the video option, you get an edited and unedited version which are great to have.

Sent on 05/08/2014

We got our photobooth and hired our photographer through Rochester Photography. Our photographer was so sweet and flexible. He got a lot of amazing shots and was willing to take our suggestions while also using his own creativity. I could tell that our photographer loved what he did and wanted to make sure that we had wonderful photos to reminisce about. The value between what we paid for the photographer AND photobooth..you just can't beat it.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Tia · Married on 06/15/2013

I would highly recommend this vendor to my friends!

Sent on 03/05/2014

Miranda · Married on 07/12/2008

I thought that our DJ did a great job!! He brought props, that we used for some of the dances. He played lots of great music... and all of my guests got very involved. I would definitely recommend booking Jimmy C again.

Sent on 08/02/2008

Michelle · Married on 09/24/2005

I would recommend Jimmy C for ANY event, including a wedding. The DJ was fun and had a great selection of music. The photographer and videographer were wonderful and the pictures are awesome!

Sent on 10/18/2008
  • Rodger

Rodger Schlegel · Married on 10/07/2017

Highly Recommended!

Sorry I waited so long to write this review, but I just recommended Tones, and specifically Tony to my granddaughter for her upcoming wedding. Actually, she was at the wedding and asked about him! I hope he is available for her wedding too - I would enjoy seeing him again.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Tones Entertainment's reply:

Hi Rodger,

Thanks for the nice review. Much appreciated. What is the date of your granddaughters wedding?

nicole · Married on 02/15/2014

They were great to work with. Very friendly and helpful and very professional

Sent on 07/28/2014

Deborah · Married on 05/31/2013

I highly recommend Jimmy C's (Rochester Photography). Michelle was a pleasure to work with. She went above and beyond calming my nerves and organizing the bridal party for pictures. The staff are all very pleasant and accomodating. I would definitely use them again for any future events.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Janelle · Married on 06/16/2012

My guests loved the photobooth and our attendant was very nice.

Sent on 01/30/2013

Great time had by all! We would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Pamela · Married on 09/20/2009

We asked for specific types of songs to be played...and he listened! The only issue we had...was the company makes a CD of all the special songs (first dance, daddy/daughter...) and for our first dance song, there was a scratch on the CD...so it kept skipping. He tried starting it a couple times, and then luckily found the song in his pile of CD's and it worked out. I just wished they had double checked the CD before hand...or had a backup plan ready to go for those songs...but it really wasn't a big deal. The rest of the night the dance floor was busy and everyone had a lot of fun!

Sent on 10/06/2009