Tom Harmon Photography Reviews

Tom Harmon Photography 6
Tom Harmon Photography 7

Chris Short · Married on 08/11/2018

The Absolute Best

Folks. Stop looking around and just hire Tom. You won't regret it. We wanted two things from our wedding photographer: 1) a breathtaking special photograph - just one - that we'll cherish and treasure forever, and 2) a bunch of amazing candids to help us remember the best day of our lives. Thanks to Tom, we got much, much more. From two absolutely breathtaking photos unlike any others I've ever seen to hundreds of candids and perfect family shots, he did it all. And he was willing to hop on a sailboat and climb up into a hay loft in a barn to capture the amazing photos we'll cherish for forever. Plus, he used a drone!! And while his photography can speak for itself, we'd be doing you all a disservice if we didn't also tell you about how great he was to work with. From simplifying the contract process to a simple internet form to coordinating a second photographer without us having to worry about a thing, Tom was the best. Professional, responsive, easy to work with, and so, so talented. Book him now - he's honestly the best.

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Tom Harmon Photography 19
    Tom Harmon Photography 20
    Tom Harmon Photography 21

Christina · Married on 10/29/2017

From the second we met Tom Harmon we knew he was the guy to capture the most important day of our lives. His work is so unique, so genuine and widely creative! We absolutely LOVED working with him! Our wedding day was without a doubt one of the wettest days of the year . . . it did not stop raining once, BUT that didn't stop Tom one bit. If anything the rain was a blessing. He braved the rain and captured some of the most breathtaking images I've ever seen. Aside from his talent and professionalism, he was so much fun to be around. By the end of the night I had some competition as my new husband declared he had a man crush on Tom and wanted to take him out for a beer :) All jokes aside, Tom is truly top notch. Stop your searching and hire him!

Sent on 12/04/2017
    Tom Harmon Photography 22
    Tom Harmon Photography 23
    Tom Harmon Photography 24

Kathryn · Married on 09/03/2017

We hired Tom to photograph our wedding based on his unique style and eye for seizing great moments. We were overwhelmed by the engagement photos he did and couldn't wait for him to shoot our wedding. He absolutely delivered beyond what we could have imagined! Tom's wonderful creativity added so much to our photos. Some could be still shots from a dramatic bollywood movie, while others capture our personalities and the moments just perfectly. He made us feel so comfortable being in front of the camera together and individually. Furthermore, it should be noted that Tom was incredibly discreet - we still don't know how he got some of those incredible shots without sticking a camera in our face. His ability to fade into the background helped us to act naturally and certainly contributed to the beauty of the candid shots. We wouldn't hesitate one bit to use him again to capture any event! And he's a great guy to boot!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Shoby · Married on 05/13/2017

Tom Harmon was the photographer for our wedding. His artistic vision, professionalism and incredible ability to capture emotion blew us away. His lens captured the gorgeous architecture of our Upper East Side venue, some incredibly subtle emotions and the best scenes from the party to provide magazine quality images that relayed the story, ambience and sentiment of that day. Every single picture is stunning!
    He was proactive, engaged and very responsive throughout the entire process. He is incredibly organized, leveraged online tools to prep for the big day.
    Tom is an artist and a magician behind the camera- we recommend him without reservation!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Sherry · Married on 04/30/2017

I can say a million awesome things about Tom and my experience, but honestly his work speaks for itself!! Tom is truly a master at his craft and a true artist. We had an engagement shoot prior to the wedding and I knew then we made the right decision in working with Tom. He puts you at ease and makes you comfortable with the whole process. He is also very laid back and does not force anything that you wouldn’t want (no cheesy poses – unless you want!). I really appreciated the fact he really got to know us. We had a great turnaround time on our pictures from the engagement and the wedding, and our family and friends were very impressed! One of my bridesmaids already booked Tom for her wedding after our engagement shoot alone. Honestly, take one look at Tom’s website or Instagram and you will see he really is amazing at what he does and we couldn’t have been happier with our wedding photos.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Kate · Married on 09/17/2016

Tom did photography for our wedding- my husband and I could not be more impressed! First off, he has online tools that make planning and communicating as simple as possible. (That was a big bonus during the chaos of planning!) He is very responsive to questions. The day of the wedding, he was professional, funny, and had a calming effect. He captured so many special candid moments. Some of my favorite pictures were from the dance floor- seeing how couples looked at each other as they danced. Tom brings a unique edge to his photography and is truly an artist. My husband and I like to fish, and he used his drone to get some amazing one-of-a-kind shots of us in a rowboat. I could go on and on about our positive experience with Tom. Go on his blog and see for yourself... I highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Rebecca · Married on 05/28/2016

Tom Harmon is an incredible wedding photographer and our wedding photos turned out so well. I feel it was the best investment we made in our entire wedding. Tom has such a creative eye and you will truly get unique photos that highlight the best aspects of your venue. He is also great to work with and helped my family and wedding party get organized during the hectic photo session. He was also fast with getting the photos back to us (within a few weeks!) and this just was the cherry on top of a great experience. You will not regret hiring Tom Harmon for your wedding photos!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Pinar · Married on 03/17/2015

Tom Harmon is the person to contact if you want to remember your wedding day with exceptional pictures. In our phone conversation the week before the wedding, Tom asked when would be the first-look. I replied, "there is no first look, Andrei (the groom) needs to button up my dress (10+ small silk buttons)" and told him that our wedding party only consisted of the bride, groom, and our photographer. When Tom showed up to our apartment, he was not only our photographer but also our best man, maid of honor, and our witness, too! Throughout the day, Tom live-posted some of his best pictures on Instagram so that our far-away parents could follow along. Having Tom photograph our wedding day was an unforgettable wedding gift for us; he captured our day in dramatic candid pictures and found meaningful ways to reflect our personalities and relationship in his work. His creative and artistic vision constantly found fascinating shots and surprising details. While he was with us every minute, his presence was always inconspicuous. He gave us our discreet moments and never made us feel the pressure of smiling for a camera lens. We are most grateful for him bringing his delightful and fun personality, excellent photography, and signature as our witness at city hall. His creative work was followed by an elegantly designed and very high-quality wedding album -- which to us looks like a wedding magazine special edition rather than our wedding pictures! Tom was always prompt in answering our questions and working with us until he perfectly met our expectations. Thank you Tom for everything you did for us. -Pinar and Andrei

Sent on 06/01/2015

Ashley · Married on 02/21/2015

Tom is awesome - as a person, professional and a photographer! From the beginning, Tom was informative, organized and extremely helpful. He was always there to answer my questions, had terrific suggestions and was such a pleasure to work with and be around. Our wedding day was complicated as we were hit with a blizzard. So as you can imagine, photos we hoped to get got ruined and emotions ran high. Through it all Tom was calm, took charge and managed to make me feel at ease. He still took great photos, captured shots I was unaware of and completely worked with the situation. Everyone tells you that things will go wrong on your wedding day and you "just need to roll with them." We are a prime example of that and trust me when I tell you that Tom Harmon is the exact person you want to be your photographer. They are after all, with you every second of you special day and are responsible for immortalizing your wedding. We are very happy with our product and service, thank you for everything, Tom!

Sent on 03/08/2015

Misty · Married on 10/18/2014

We came across Tom's work online and fell in love with his blog. His pictures speak for themselves. He did both our engagement shoot and wedding. If you are looking for original, outside-the-box images that capture the artistic elements, meaningful details and subtle and emotional moments of your Big Day, this is the photographer for you. Make sure you communicate to him any of the traditional shots you may want with family, friends, etc. too. He is responsive to anything you may want and really easy and comfortable to work with. He is up for anything!

During our day, we didn't have to worry about a thing when it came to the photographer - Tom got to the house early and took pictures of us getting ready, coordinated with the limo driver getting to certain locations to take pictures after the ceremony, directed where people should stand/pose and made sure he got certain pictures we discussed we wanted beforehand. It was nice that you didn't have to worry about it and you could just enjoy your day because I trusted Tom to get everything I wanted - he delivered and more. During our wedding and reception we barely saw Tom - he got amazing shots "behind the scenes" and captured every detail and moment about that day. When looking back at the pictures, I feel like we are re-living the day!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Mary Jo · Married on 10/11/2014

I have only good things to say about Tom. He was responsive and easy to work with from the first time I contacted him right through receiving all of our photos after our wedding.

Prior to our wedding, Tom was easy to reach via email (my preferred method of contact) and quick to respond to all of my questions regarding timing and the schedule for the day.

On the day of our wedding, Tom was prompt and captured so many amazing photos I couldn't believe it. Tom was always around but never in the way. I didn't even notice him during most of the day, but he captured everything about the day and from all kinds of great angles that I didn't even know he was shooting from.

After our wedding, Tom got us our photos quickly and made sure everything was perfect. We had three photo books as part of our photo package, and Tom went back and forth with me half a dozen times until the photo books were exactly what I wanted.

I was beyond happy with all of our photos from the wedding. The colors all popped beautifully, the lighting was perfect, and the shots were all so natural. The photos really reflected everything about the whole day. I would absolutely recommend Tom to anyone and would hire him again in a second.

Sent on 02/12/2015

I have nothing but good things to say about Tom.
    Personable, responsive, efficient, kind, creative, passionate, photo ninja, will stand in 6th ave traffic to get an amazing shot, and a true participant of the event. He got to know our family and friends and really blended in with the entire day. Very fair pricing and extremely competitive for NYC. Tom also provided a super fun photo booth with props. I'd hire Tom a thousand times over.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Kathy · Married on 07/12/2014

As soon as I saw Tom's website I knew he was one of the photographers I had to meet. Once my fiance and I met him we knew he was the photographer we wanted. Tom went above and beyond for us... from our pre-wedding meetings, to the pretend photo shoot my fiance staged in order to get me to my surprise bridal shower, to the rehearsal dinner and of course the wedding...he was just awesome!. We have incredible memories from our day and now have incredible pictures to help us recall all of the wonderful moments! I cannot thank Tom and his team enough for giving me beautiful photos that I will treasure for a lifetime. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, and I highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/21/2014

Tom is an awesome photographer and individual to work with. We were really pleased with his work. Our families love the end result of the images once completed. We had Tom for a total of 3 sessions. One for our ceremony in March 2014, then again for our newly wed session, and for our wedding reception in August 2014. His blog/website speaks for itself. Tom is very patient and delivers the final product way before we anticipated them. We recommend Tom without any reservations and are pleased that we selected him.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Chelsea · Married on 03/01/2014

There aren't enough good things that I can say about Tom and his work. Before I met my husband, I knew if I were ever to get married, Tom would be photographing it. He is so easy and fun to work with, and will absolutely exceed your expectations. Go no further, Tom Harmon Photography is where it's at!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Alexandra · Married on 09/14/2013

Tom is the best photographer you could ever ask for. We still get compliments on our photos almost everyday, and our wedding was over 3 months ago! Tom is extremely creative and will take something you would think is ordinary and make it extraordinary. If you are looking for a photographer, you need to book Tom!

Sara · Married on 09/07/2013

What do you really care about when it comes to your wedding photos? -The end result! Tom excelled in this and every other category for our wedding. The final product was edited, printed and delivered very quickly and was packaged safely. He included the photos and file drive in an elegant display box. Many guests commented that they never saw him through our reception, some asked if we had even hired a photographer. He was unobtrusive but was able to capture every moment, and every shot that was on my list. He was very adaptable for weather, lighting, and other unexpected things that came up throughout the day. Much of this was due to his professional grade, high quality equipment. He got the standard poses but also the artistic, trendy shots you are seeing on wedding blogs and Pinterest. Choosing your wedding photographer is certainly a big decision, especially after reading the horror stories out there. Put your trust in Tom Harmon Photography, it will be your easiest wedding planning decision! I love looking at my wedding photos, thanks to Tom

Sent on 12/31/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/03/2013

You have to go with Tom Harmon Photography for your wedding/event. I have been obsessed with Tom's work ever since I i knew i would be planning a wedding. At our first appointment he impressed us further with the different packages, albums and wrap prints that displayed his beautiful work. He kept in touch with us though out our year engagement and answered emails quickly. He was a breeze to work with!! the day of the wedding he showed up on time, he and is assistance ran around us like mad men (and somehow never slowing down the process of the bridesmaids and i getting ready) and before we came home from our honeymoon we were sent what might be his best yet. Tom and his group know what they are doing, they will work as professionals with you and the other vendors for your wedding and the final product is genius. I haven't stopped looking at them yet and am floored every time!

Sent on 08/17/2013

Alyssa · Married on 07/27/2013

Amazing...amazing...amazing.

Tom has such a great eye and is so creative and yet very traditional when needed.

Love his work!!! He has created wonderful memories for us from the wedding and engagement session.

Highly recommended!!! Wonderful to work with, so fun... Just great, great, great... The best around!

Thanks again, Tom!

Kristy · Married on 07/26/2013

Tom was great to work with for our engagement session and on our wedding day! He is creative, professional and flexible. He is open to new ideas but is experienced, so we mostly just trusted his judgement and couldn't be happier. We loved his work so much that my sister decided to hire him for her wedding day this fall. Anyone would be lucky to work with Tom!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Amy · Married on 07/20/2013

Tom and Kegan were awesome photographers-everything we could ask for. Tom always got right back to me about any question I had and was incredibly flexible. He made me and my husband feel comfortable during the picture taking process and made it fun! In addition, the pictures came out even better than we could have imagined and they were delivered to us in a special and beautiful wrapped up box. We are extremely thankful we had Tom Harmon photography and would highly recommend him!!!!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Lucia · Married on 06/08/2013

Tom was so so easy to work with and extremely responsive to our needs. First, he drove up from NJ to MA for our engagement session and did a phenomenal job. He immediately made us feel very comfortable. On the day of the wedding, Tom and his assistant, Keegan were both on time and ready to go before anyone else. The shots that they were able able to get on our wedding day were unbelievable. Very artistic feel and not cheesy at all. The only thing I would say is that if you are looking for a traditional type of photography, make sure to tell Tom. A lot of the photos he got (which we loved) were spontaneous and showed true emotion. Friends and family that have seen our pictures always mention that all of the emotions of that day were captured in the photos. We didn't have very much time for traditional wedding photos with family, etc. so those were a bit rushed. If we would have done it again, we would have allowed an hour extra just for photos. I know Tom had recommended that we have extra time but we ended up deciding not to. Either way, him and Keegan both did a fantastic job and I would recommend Tom Harmon Photography to any friend or family member! Keegan, his assistant on that day, was also incredible!

Sent on 01/13/2014

As a professional photographer myself, my requirements tend to be a little more than the average. I used Tom Harmon Photography because of his style and personality. He is amazing to work with and a real jokester. That helps on a day that can be full of stress. He has a way of lightening the mood while instilling confidence in his ability to make everything happen. His style is classic photojournalism and truly captures the emotions of the day. He doesn't over process or follow all of the trendy techniques, but his ability to control light and use it in a way to set the mood is unsurpassed. As a matter of fact, I'd like a few lessons! The only regret I have is not ordering an album. I will be contacting him soon for that. Having your pictures on a computer is no where near as good as having them out to share. Thanks for making our day perfect and for keeping me calm cool and collected (and looking fresh!).

Sean · Married on 11/24/2012

Tom is one of those guys that gets it. He is professional, funny, patient and better yet, easy to work with. He understands the needs of the bride and groom and will do whatever it takes to get the right shot. He was an absolute joy to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone that wants incredible wedding photos. Our guests can not stop talking about how beautiful our photos are and that is just a small testament to how great Tom is at what he does. If you want to work with the best, choose Tom, you WILL NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 12/02/2012

Annie · Married on 11/24/2012

Tom Harmon was an absolutely amazing photographer. He was extremely professional in every way and made the picture taking process painless and fun! Every picture he took was better than we could have ever imagined. We had a very large wedding party and he was extremely patient with everyone. He gave us our photos after the wedding faster than any photographer I have ever heard of! Overall amazing and highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/07/2013