Todd Spitler Photography Reviews

Todd Spitler Photography 1
Todd Spitler Photography 2
Todd Spitler Photography 3

Natalia · Married on 04/07/2018

Highly recommend Todd Spitler. My husband immediately wanted to hire him after our first meeting despite having another appointment with a photographer later that day. He was very professional, laid back, and flexible. He did not try to sell us anything more than what we wanted, 6 hours of one photographer. The day of went smoothly, and Todd stayed a little later to capture the anniversary dance. All of the photos were beautiful. He has a simple, clean style which was exactly what I was looking for. I particularly liked looking through the photos he took of our friends and family during the cocktail hour. Since it was off season, he told us he would have the photos done within a month, but actually sent them to us within two weeks!

Sent on 04/28/2018
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 12/28/2017

Michael and I cannot say enough good things about Todd and his second photographer (Katie) at our wedding in December. They were phenomenal! We presently live in Alabama and our wedding took place in PA. Todd made it so easy to plan out our pictures through emails and phone calls, as we were unable to meet until a few days before the wedding due to us living out of state. Todd even made sure to visit our venue TWICE before the wedding to ensure the best lighting and set up. Todd and Katie both put us at ease and helped us to genuinely enjoy being photographed in 7-degree weather. Haha. Even our family and friends mentioned how great they both were at moving through the ceremony and the reception. We received our photographs back and they are AMAZING. I absolutely adore our photos and thoroughly enjoyed working with Todd and Katie. For anyone reading this, I would HIGHLY recommend them! :)

Sent on 02/08/2018
    Todd Spitler Photography 4
    Todd Spitler Photography 5
    Todd Spitler Photography 6

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2016

We recently hired Todd to photograph our wedding on 6/18/16 and couldn't have been more pleased. From the moment we met him, we knew we hired the right guy. Our engagement pictures turned out beautiful, so we were excited to see how our wedding pictures would be. They were amazing!!! He is so easy to work with, very accommodating, and made us feel at ease throughout the entire process. He is truly a gifted photographer and genuinely a nice guy. We highly recommend hiring Todd for any occasion. He is reasonably priced while providing exceptional work. We could not be happier to have our wedding day captured by Todd!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Nadyli · Married on 09/06/2015

I found Todd on WeddingWIre and other websites- the reviews showed promise. The way he describes himself and his style on his personal website www.toddspitler.com is 100% accurate. I know that's kind of cheating when writing a review but I began writing and realized that his 'About' page captures my experience with him to a T.

To add to his description I would say the following:
    - Todd is sweet, kind, reliable and very approachable
    - He is professional and I appreciated the way he expressed genuine interest in learning about me, my husband (as people) and our families. It helped him understand what we value in life, what this wedding means to us (and our family) and leveraged that knowledge to shoot our wedding accordingly
    - With the exception of giving him a comprehensive schedule of the day's events and listing 2-3 must-have family shots, I mostly gave him the creative freedom to decide what photos to take and when. I would recommend doing this too! His long experience and vast knowledge in photographing weddings lets him immerse into capturing your story rather than checking boxes.

Todd brought an associate with him, Katie. Just wanted to say a few words about her:
    - I really like the way she compliments others. In a day where you may be stressed about what can go wrong and EVERYONE is looking at you, her compliments remind you that YOU ARE AWESOME, that that flower halo you took 3 weeks to decide on has a cool design, and that your wedding day is fantastic. She had a great attitude throughout.
    - She and Todd are a great team

Sent on 12/07/2015

Bradley · Married on 09/05/2015

Todd was great to work with and we would recommend his services to anyone looking for superb wedding photos for a very realistic price. We started with a phone call to discuss our options and pricing. We gave Todd a very tight window to photograph in between the wedding and reception. Despite the ceremony running a bit over time, Todd managed to get some amazing shots of us as a newlyweds and got us back to the reception on time. We chose the option of having 2 photographers, which we would highly recommend to anyone to get different angles and perspectives of the shots during the ceremony. Throughout the whole process, Todd was very professional and helpful in presenting the options available to us.

Sent on 11/02/2015

From the start Todd was friendly, easy going, and flexible to work with. We had phone conversations a year before the wedding to go over items such as; weather (our entire wedding was outdoors), working with other vendors, what types of photos my husband and I were looking for, how he typically covers a wedding, etc. Todd went above and beyond and even contacted our videographer - who he'd never worked with before - to make sure they could both get their best shots. Todd even took the time to do a site visit of both our ceremony and reception locations, and at both he spent the time asking detailed questions so that he knew the flow of our timeline.

The day of the wedding Todd and his assistant arrived early. Through out the whole day we were barely aware of Todd and his assistant's presence - always on the edge of the event capturing all of the most special moments. We had getting ready shots, first look photos, bride and groom portraits, bridal party photos, ceremony photos, post-ceremony family photos, cocktail hour, and reception photos taken by Todd and his assistant. At the end of the day, Todd was courteous enough to let us know he was leaving and said good bye - he didn't just walk off the property, and we were sure he stayed the entire length of time we paid for. He was honest and genuine.

Todd delivered in a month and a half, and the time he took to craft a beautiful selection of photos was evident. Family and friends made the following comments: "So fun!", "The pictures turned out great! You did a great job selecting the photographer. Anyone who can make me look good in pictures is a real pro! haha.", "SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!", "WOW!!! Lovely!", "I love these!! Your photographers did an incredible job.", "They're all so good! They are beautiful."

We love our photos from Todd Spitler Photography, and we highly recommend his and his team's services. Todd Spitler Photography captures unique perspectives that you will cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Dalton · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I are so incredibly happy with our choice of photographer. Todd was wonderful to work with. He is a wildly talented photographer. The photos could not be better (we laughed and cried looking at them). Todd is able to shoot in a wide variety of styles. He shot classic portraits, exciting action shots, large group shots, and artistic stylized shots, all with absolute expertise. Katie, his second shooter, was also insanely talented. In addition to being focused, professional, and friendly at the wedding, Todd made every effort to keep in contact and meet with us before and after the wedding. We can not recommend Todd (and Katie) highly enough!

Sent on 07/16/2015

I am so pleased that we found Todd Spitler for our April 2015 wedding photography! We selected Todd based on his aesthetics and his style of unobtrusively capturing the events of the day. From the initial meeting (our wedding was in Central PA, but we live out of state, so Todd proposed a Skype meeting, which was a great idea!) to the planning, the wedding day & follow-up after- everything went very smoothly.
    Todd was very professional, responsive, and flexible the whole time. It really was a pleasure working with him, as well as his second-photographer Cathy. He was able to subtly direct us & our family during formal photos without making the day feel like a photo shoot- perfect! I would highly recommend Todd. He really went out of his way to make sure that we were happy - and I think the beautiful final photos reflect that, as well as reflecting his talent. We've received a lot of compliments on our them! My husband and I (as well as our families) all feel that it was a pleasure having Todd as part of our wedding day!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/27/2014

Todd did both our engagement and wedding photos. His photography is the perfect balance between traditional and modern. From our very initial conversations with Todd he was very reassuring, listening to all our ideas and concerns. Todd's photo journalistic style captured every detail of our wedding day and truly told the story of our day. Our photos came out beautifully and we are constantly getting compliments on how gorgeous they are.

Overall, Todd was great to work with and we couldn't be more happy with our wedding photos (or engagement photos). He provided exceptional costumer service and is a true professional.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Stacey · Married on 07/12/2014

Todd was amazing. He went above and beyond what we expected of him, even did more work than was in the contract. Extremely nice and easy to work with and his second shooter was excellent as well. The day went so smoothly and Todd helped keep a pace without rushing as well as got more photos than we had thought we would have time for. He did everything we had discussed and more! We absolutely love the pictures! And can't imagine having anything less than Todd Spitler and recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Kathryn · Married on 06/07/2014

How do you put your wedding dreams into pictures? Trust your pictorial dreams to Todd Spitler. Todd's keen eye captures the quiet moments of the wedding ceremony, the elegance of the reception room, the romantic looks between the bride and groom and the happiness of family and friends. We were so happy Todd was available to photograph our youngest daughter's wedding as he did a great job for our older daughter 3 years ago. Thank you Todd for making the dreams of the bride and groom come true. I wish I had another daughter so we could do this all again!!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Margaret · Married on 05/16/2014

We are so happy that we found Todd! He took beautiful photographs of our small courthouse ceremony. Through every step of the process, he was very responsive and professional. We appreciated that he really considered how to photograph a small wedding and also took into account the "look and feel" we were going for. We were pretty clueless about what good wedding photos looked like, and Todd was a great coach: he made us feel comfortable and gave us great directions. I appreciated Todd's responsiveness and flexibility. He had never been to our venue and was proactive about meeting us there and making sure the lighting would work. Since we are not from the Lancaster area, he also was proactive about thinking of good outdoor spots for some photos. It was pouring on the morning of our wedding, and I was pretty distracted but Todd e-mailed me and already had thought of a plan B in case if was still raining during our photo session in the afternoon. It was little things like that that really made us happy Todd was our photographer. We highly recommend him - he is a hard worker, detail-oriented, very professional and takes beautiful photos.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Todd was so great to work with. He is friendly, accommodating, and you can tell that he is doing what he loves. He was willing to meet at our venue the week before the wedding to take time to talk to us about the timeline of our day and the photos we wanted taken. We even walked around our venue to see where it would be best to take pictures.
    During our ceremony, we did not even notice Todd was there. He quietly moved about the church and got some great shots while doing so. During the reception, he had so much energy, making sure to capture all the great dancing shots.
    Our pictures turned out great and we have received many compliments. The turnaround was quicker than expected too!
    It was a pleasure working with Todd. ,

Sent on 07/05/2014

Robin · Married on 12/07/2013

Todd Spitler and the second photographer Katie photographed our wedding on 12/7/13. Todd and Katie are not only great photographers, but they are warm, friendly, and kind people. I was so happy to have them at our wedding! The preview photos we received so far have been outstanding. Both Todd and Katie are super professional, curious, and went above and beyond to ensure we would have beautiful and lasting memories of one of the most special days of our lives. I would highly recommend Todd Spitler photography for any special occasion.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Todd is just simply incredible! He made everything stress free, was very responsive and such a positive person to be around. He made our shoots fun and was open to any ideas that I had for pictures. I would recommend him to ANY bride or anyone looking to get beautiful photos taken for any special event. Thanks Todd!!!!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Todd and his assistant, Katie were great. we have many many photos that we love and he over delivered on everything. I highly recommend them as I appreciate his professionalism and calming personality. He even showed up at the rehearsal to make sure we were all on the same page.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2013

Todd Spitler was fantastic to work with and made our wedding planning process quite easy. He was always quick to respond to e-mails and made sure he understood the feel of our wedding. We were stunned with the wonderful pictures and know that he went above and beyond to get the perfect shots. With his attention to detail, every shot we could imagine was captured. Todd's kindness was evident throughout the planning process and the day of the wedding which put us all at ease.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Christine · Married on 05/11/2013

Todd Spitler was an absolute joy to work with on the most special day of our lives! He was professional towards us as well as to all of our family and friends. The pictures are simply breath taking and everyone who has seen them has commented that they are the most beautiful pictures that they have ever seen. It is obvious that Todd cares about his work and takes pride in his amazing talent. I would recommend him to anyone that wants to capture the pure emotion in their event with Todd's tremendous photography. There is no better way to save your memories than having beautiful photos to treasure forever.
    Christine & Todd R.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2013

My husband and I are so pleased with the quality of images Todd Spitler captured of our wedding. The warm life like tones really bring the images and memories to life. Not only were the images creative and fun, but Todd was a pleasure to work with. If I ever have another event requiring a photographer Todd is the first person I will go to.

Sent on 05/15/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2012

I had Todd's website bookmarked long before my now husband and I were engaged. When the time came for wedding planning to begin, I did my research. I looked through thousands of photos from so many local photographers. No one's work reached out to me like Todd's did.

Todd's work speaks for itself, though. What was surprising was how easy Todd was to work with. He was communicative, prompt, flexible, and really cared about us as people. We didn't feel like we were just a paycheck. It was very obvious from the start that Todd cared about his work and cares for his clients.

On the day of our wedding, Todd, and his second shooter, Katie, were beyond wonderful. We were so confident that our wedding pictures were going to be incredible, and the two of them were courteous, professional, and so present. Yes, they were one of our wedding vendors, but they were also part of a team that included our closest friends and family, whose goal was to make our wedding day a celebration.

Since we had a morning wedding, we chose to do our portraits in the late afternoon/evening so that we wouldn't be rushed and we could take advantage of the golden evening lighting. We wandered County Park, enjoying the sunshine and each others' company. This was absolutely my favorite part of the day. I got to enjoy spending some time just being with my husband and Todd and Katie made it so natural and comfortable. And they were fun to chat and laugh with while we walked around the park! They made us feel like friends instead of clients.

When we received our images--well within the time frame we were promised--we got so much more than we had expected. We had so many beautiful pictures and they captured the day exactly as we had imagined. We really felt like they understood us. And it was obvious from the quality that Todd had spent many, many hours crafting and perfecting our memories into the high-quality, polished, and positively glowing images that we are so proud to show off!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Amy · Married on 08/04/2012

Todd and his assistant, Katie were wonderful to work with at our wedding! We appreciate all their hard work!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Rebecca · Married on 07/14/2012

Todd is an absolutely amazing photographer and I would not have wanted anyone else to capture our special day! We live in NYC but were getting married in Lancaster, so I narrowed the list of photographers down to four before meeting with them when I came into town. I instantly knew that I wanted Todd to photograph our wedding, as he was very genuine, honest, and cared about what we wanted while still maintaining his own artistic integrity.

Right after I saw our engagement photos I knew we made the right choice. We just received our wedding proofs and we are equally happy with those as well. Our photos tell the story of our day perfectly, and our friends and family have all agreed that Tood & crew did a fabulous job. I'm so excited to meet with him to design our album - I know it will be phenomenal! Thank you, Todd!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Todd and his team were absolutely amazing. Todd has a way of making you feel comfortable, and as if you have known each other for years in the first 15 minutes. His work and ideas are impeccable. He also takes your ideas for shots into consideration and then makes them into masterpieces. I guess what I am trying to say is, if you are between Todd and another photographer, go with Todd. He is 100% worth it and you will have no regrets...which you shouldn't have on your wedding day!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Vanessa · Married on 05/26/2012

Working with Todd was such a wonderful experience. He was great about us giving him a list of "must have" pictures and specific shots we wanted. I would recommend his expertise to anyone!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Sheri · Married on 05/19/2012

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent photographer to work with. He and his staff were friendly and professional and very easy to get along with. They were easy to work with and blended in with the crowd and captured all the moments of our special day. We could not have asked for a better photographer.

Sent on 05/24/2012