Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Jk Getting married on 03/05/2022

Todd and I worked a wedding together

Todd is a professional officiant. He is so good at what he does that he immediately puts the bride and groom at ease. His experience level also helps to make things run more smoothly. I highly recommend him as a wedding officiant.
    Tabitha M. Married on 06/17/2021

Wedding officiant

By far the nicest man I have met, he was so sincere and caring and I am so thankful that I found him! Defiantly recommend him!
  • Chelsi
    Chelsi S. Married on 12/12/2020

Todd saved the day!

As we ALL know getting married in 2020 is a HUGE chore.

My original officiant fell through, a huge scare but actual blessing.
    My wedding planner found Todd! I spoke with him for over an hour the first day and let. Me. Tell you, absolutely professional we became best friends, Todd carries the personality of someone who you’ve known your whole life. We were able to customize our ceremony and he even had some great suggestions for alternatives that I wouldn’t have ever known could be done.

Come the day before my actual wedding date, we had to post pone. Todd was there and readily available even on short notice to change plans.

I can’t thank him enough for his services he helped make our day absolutely special.
    Suzie M. Married on 11/16/2020

Great experience

Todd was wonderful. He has several packages to choose from & is very easy to work with. We just wanted a small ceremony at home with our girls & it was beautiful. Regardless of the wedding you're dreaming of Todd will do his best to make it happen.

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Suzie, I appreciate you taking time to leave a review. It was a pleasure meeting y'all and an honor to be your officiant.
  • Linda
    Linda M. Married on 11/14/2020

Very attentive to each detail of our ceremony

Todd was able to provide a beautiful and very memorable ceremony for us. He was very professional and his ability to pay attention to detail was refreshing. He was flexible in discussing our wants and always available during the planning of our ceremony. We could tell that he enjoys what he does, a very kind soul. We would definitely recommend him for anyone's wedding ceremony.
    Deanna B. Married on 11/05/2020

Simple Wedding

My husband and I wanted to have a small simple ceremony. Due to covid it was almost impossible to find an officiant. We stumbled across Todd’s website and he was the only one to actually respond to us. He gave us the exact thing we were looking for and was incredibly flexible. We will forever be grateful.

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank You Deanna, I really appreciate the review. It was my honor to be your officiant. I hope y'all have a Very Merry Christmas!
    Jason Married on 10/30/2020

Fantastic officiant who gives you multiple options and is willing to travel!

After meeting Todd and his wife, he left us with multiple options for our ceremony and did an unbelievable job at combining everything we wanted. We had planned to get married in May but COVID forced us to cancel. We contacted him in September and gave him fairly short notice but when we did the ceremony he did an unbelievable job. His preparation was stellar and he made us feel very comfortable and made the ceremony so special. A great officiant and human being. Thank you Todd for everything. Could not recommend him enough!!!

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much your review, I really appreciate it. I hope you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
  • Olivia
    Olivia Married on 10/26/2020

The experience we had was amazing.

The experience we had using todd as our officiant was nothing but amazing. He was kind enough to do our micro wedding at Adventures on the Gorge in short notice on my grandparents 69th wedding anniversary. But also put together a beautiful ceremony, also honoring our loved ones! He was always there answering our questions and responded to our emails very appropriately. We would highly recommend him to anyone who was in need for an officiant for their big day!
  • Holly
    Holly M. Married on 10/24/2020

Such and amazing person!

My husband and I got married during the pandemic, at the courthouse since we really couldn't have a wedding. Todd made it so much easier because I was already sad that our families couldnt be present. A year later, we decided to hold a small ceremony for our friends and family to witness. Todd was ready with bells on and made the entire "non-traditional" event so special. He really becomes that person you feel like you've known your whole life. We just loved him to death. Anyone who gets married without Todd officiating is simply missing out! ❤️

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you both times and an honor to be your officiant.
  • Kait
    Kait F. Married on 08/29/2020

Best officiant!

We could not have asked for a better officiant. Todd was very professional, accommodating, full of knowledge & always emailing me back in a timely manner. (I had lots of questions) lol

So glad we chose him for our wedding!!

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank You so much for taking time to leave a review, I really appreciate it. I hope that you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas and A Happy & Healthy New Year.
    Brianna H. Married on 08/28/2020

Todd A. Gray

Todd was the perfect officiant for our small elopement. We’re from Indiana but knew we wanted to get married in the WV mountains. After finding Todd’s website, we contacted him and talked about what we were envisioning. He gave us numerous hiking trail options to check out for our mountainside elopement and really made our jobs so much easier. Todd has so much experience and had great ideas for our ceremony and modified everything to make it super personal for us. Would definitely recommend him!!

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank You Brianna! It really was a pleasure getting the opportunity to meet you, Cody and your families and to have the honor of being your officiant. Best Wishes!
    Andrew D. Married on 06/09/2020

A Genuine, First-Class Officiant

We loved working with Todd. He made us comfortable with the planning process from the start. Todd has a reassuring confidence that brought us calm and happiness (both building up to and during the day of the wedding ceremony). Most importantly, Todd made our ceremony very special - he is a genuine, first class human being!

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Wow Andrew, I am touched, Thank You so much for your kind words. It was a privilege and an honor to be your officiant. I wish you and Palmer The Very Best. God Bless!
    Rachel S. Married on 05/30/2020

Todd is the best in WV!

Todd made such a wonderful add on to our ceremony. The words that he used during the ceremony were so touching and the personalisation he offered to us was top notch! He spoke eloquently and with just the right tone so everyone could hear at our outdoor ceremony. Most of our guests have told us that we had the most beautiful ceremony that they have ever been to. We can thank Todd Gray for making it such a special experience for everyone. I would recommend him to any bride!

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank You so much for taking time to leave a review. Covid tried it's very best to mess up your wedding, but your persistence paid off and everything was perfect! Have A Very Merry Christmas.
  • Angela
    Angela Married on 04/25/2020

Wedding Ceremony-officiant

Todd was an excellent officiant who was very professional and friendly. He also took the time to get to know us before the wedding and allowed us to choose the style/format of the ceremony we wanted. This made the ceremony more personal and special to us. We are so happy that we chose him to officiate our wedding and would strongly recommend him as a wedding officiant.

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Angela, Thank You for taking time to write a review and for your kind works. It was a pleasure to get to work with you and Scott to create your ceremony. I wish you the very best!
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas G. Married on 04/25/2020

Made our special day perfect

Todd is located in WV, but he was more than happy to make the drive to Chesterfield, VA to officiate our wedding. Todd provided guidance with our ceremony structure and vows. He also had excellent communication, making sure we always felt accommodated and had all of our questions answered. Our wedding day did not go as originally planned because of the pandemic, with only 10 people being able to attend, but Todd truly made our wedding feel whole and special. We could not have asked for a better officiant. We highly recommend Todd.
  • W
    Wendy R. Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing Service!

Todd was professional, punctual, courteous, thorough, and knowledgeable; along with having a wonderful personality which created a relaxed atmosphere for everyone involved. I would highly recommend Todd to ensure your special day is as you dream.

He effectively communicated with us throughout the process and allowed us to tailor our vows and ceremony well in advance of the big day. He walked us through the rehearsal and brought up items that we had not even thought about - due to his experience.

I could not have entrusted my wedding day with a better pastor and am very thankful that we found him online. Thank you Todd!
    Kilie P. Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful officiant for any wedding!

Todd Gray was a godsend for our wedding. We found him on short notice, and he was so accommodating, easy to work with and incredibly knowledgeable about how a wedding should work. If it weren't for him, our wedding would've been a nightmare to organize. He made sure everything went smoothly and that everyone knew exactly how the ceremony would proceed. He helped us create a beautiful ceremony that went with everything we had dreamed for our wedding and our marriage as a whole. If you are looking for an affordable, amazing officiant, then look no further! We could not thank, nor recommend, Mr. Gray enough!

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Wow Kilie, Thank You So Much For You Kind Words. It was a joy working with you and Jacob and getting to be a part of your special day. Best Wishes!
  • Brenda
    Brenda S. Married on 06/29/2019

It was awesome!

Todd married us at the East River Mountain Overlook. He had an earlier wedding and was still on time for ours. He is a very nice person with a great personality. I highly recommend him to everyone! He even wrote the vows for us. It was beautiful!

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank You Brenda. I appreciate your kind words and the pictures. You and Ken are such an adorable couple and his singing to you was so precious. Best Wishes!
  • Herculesgotstranded
    Alexa Married on 05/20/2019

Wonderful.

Todd performed our elopement ceremony! I couldn't have found anyone better. He was amazing, and answered all my questions promptly. We eloped in another state so he walked us through the rules for a marriage license in the state of WV. He even hiked a trail with us 1.5 miles out. He was absolutely wonderful.
  • Kelly
    Kelly P. Married on 10/26/2018

First Class A+++

We hired Todd to officiate our wedding on October 26, 2018. We are from out of state and were very nervous to have someone marry us that we had never met before. Todd was an absolute pleasure to work with and we could not have asked for anything more. Todd was able to make the few hour drive to be at our rehearsal which greatly put us at ease and we would definitely recommend this. We really enjoyed that we worked with Todd to write out the entire ceremony from start to finish so we both knew exactly what would be said. Todd will customize any ceremony to your needs and we appreciated that we could customize our ceremony to us. We are so happy with our choice to hire Todd. Todd was always professional, on time, and communicated well. we had a small wedding (40 people) outside on a deck and Todd's voice carried well and he articulated well. Thank you for making this process so easy for us and for making our wedding so special.

The Kelly's.
    Robin Married on 10/25/2018

We recommend!

Todd performed our lovely elopement wedding ceremony and did an amazing job. He was friendly, kind and always responded to emails. He had ceremonies to choose from but was completely open to our own personalized ceremony which was very intimate, loving and focused on our vows just like we wanted. He drove out of his way to our destination at an unusual time and helped make our wedding day wonderful. You can tell that he enjoys what he does.
    Michael H. Married on 09/30/2018

Outstanding

You couldn’t ask for a more professional down to earth person that genuinely cares for your happiness thanks Todd for jumping to the challenge and making the knot tying official for Me and the wife 😁

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

I felt privileged to be your officiant. Thank You so much for taking time to leave a review. I hope y'all have a Very Merry Christmas.
    Brooke Married on 09/15/2018
    Todd was excellent!! He has a great sense of humor, and was on his toes when our unity candles would not stay lit. He did an excellent job and the ceremony turned out beautiful thanks to him! He also does a keepsake marriage certificate, since you have to turn in the one he signs. I HIGHLY recommend him for any needs!
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 09/01/2018

Kind and Caring Officiant - Highly Recommend

My now-husband and I happily hired Todd to officiate our September 2018 wedding at J.Q. Dickinson Salt-Works in Charleston, WV. When we were searching for an officiant, we lived in Virginia (6.5 hours away), so finding wedding vendors was a little challenging, but Todd took my call, answered my questions, and quickly assured me we were in good hands.

From the moment we booked him, Todd was very communicative and cooperative. He asked us about who we were as individuals, who we were as a couple, and what our wedding day would be like, which made us feel like he truly cared about providing us with a unique experience.

He emailed us examples of how our ceremony and vows could look and sound like, and he was flexible about changing/removing certain language from his script, i.e. I wanted him to say "Erin, you may kiss your groom" versus "Doyle, you may kiss your bride." He was also super receptive to our desire to keep our ceremony short and sweet.

He arrived in Charleston early to coordinate and organize our wedding rehearsal, which went quickly and smoothly, and he was a kind and caring presence on our wedding day. We had multiple guests comment on how gracious and friendly he was.

Todd A. Gray, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank You so much for the kind words Erin. It was a pleasure getting to meet you and Doyle and to be a part of your wedding day. Every time I think of the two of you I think about Doyle's vows, I believe they were the most unique I have witnessed so far. :-)
    Crystal Married on 08/17/2018
    I knew from the moment we got engaged that if available Todd was the one we would be using! We host weddings at our venue and had several but Todd always stuck out. So very professional and can include multiple requests with ease and efficacy. Knows weddings inside and out and I never doubted anything he did for a moment. When you are stressing over everything and anything wedding Todd will not be one of them!