TodayWeWed.com Reviews

27 | Jacksonville, FL

27 Reviews for TodayWeWed.com

Brenden · Married on 04/21/2018

Wow, where to being. First, I'm an event DJ who got the honor of working with Dr. Spencer and let me say his professionalism, etiquette, and performance are second to none. I've done dozens of weddings and I've never seen a man paint a picture and create a moment the way Dr. Spencer can. I was as involved as the crowd due to his ability to turn words into stories and bring everyone through an emotional experience. Laughing, tears of joy, and heartfelt moments. If you weren't considering this a must when planning a wedding, let me say this: it's a difference maker that you will be a lifetime thankful for.

Brian · Married on 04/20/2018

Dr. Spencer Gaines… where to start; Dr G. was a pleasure to meet with, plan with, and perform with at our Wedding Ceremony, when we met him the first time to discuss our wedding he really made us feel at ease and ensured us of how perfect it would be….and PERFECT it was!!!! Dr. Gaines is a very professional person, but also makes you feel completely open as a close friend would. He is creative, talented and funny. My wife and I are a bit light hearted and fun people and Dr. Gaines was able to create a ceremony that truly reflected the people we are and our guests know us to be. I cannot thank him enough! Our guests had nothing but good things to say about his ability to keep them in tuned to the ceremony and not have 1 second go by that you weren’t feeling some form of emotion and depth in his words. Such a please, thank you Dr. Gaines for all you did to make our wedding more than we could have expected.

Stephanie · Married on 08/12/2017

Spence did an amazing job keeping me and my husband update to date on all of the details of our special day. On the day of the wedding, he reminded us to let him handle the details and to relax. Our wedding was just as we had planned and his ceremony and words were perfectly matched to who we are as a couple. His personal touch throughout the wedding day made our day that much more special!

Cammy · Married on 06/10/2017

Put your trust and all of your faith in Dr. Gaines!! He will provide you a wonderful, beautiful, romantic, amazing, heart warming, love filled and perfect ceremony!! Dr. Gaines has a special gift. When he was reading through our ceremony you could feel the genuine warmth and love he felt to be a part of bringing two people together. He certainly goes above and beyond, creating such special moments that will be cherished forever. Words cannot express the joy he brought into our day. Friends and family stated the ceremony was absolutely the most beautiful they have ever seen! We also did the wine box, it was beautiful!!! Dr. Gaines is a win, triple A, 5 stars!! God bless!

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2017

I don't even know where to begin. When my husband and I found out Duval County no longer performed ceremonies, we were stressing. Not only did we lose our officiant, we lost our space. At the last minute, we were scrambling for a contingent option -- then we found Dr. G.

Dr. G communicated with me via the chat on his website within minutes of me landing on his page. He immediately put my mind at ease, and I knew we were in good hands. He shared a ton of great options for us to get married (at no cost to us!) and made the whole process seamless.

While we completed his Questionnaire and spoke with Dr. G, we weren't sure exactly what to expect come time for the ceremony. We were BLOWN AWAY at how personable, warm and beautiful it was. Dr. G shined that day, and made us feel so special. We were wrapped up in his words, wrapped up in love, wrapped up in the beautiful moment of our marriage. Dr. G promises us that he would put us at ease -- and our ceremony would be one to remember -- and he was right.

The time may come when Nick and I want to renew our vows -- and when that day comes, I surely hope Dr. G is still sharing his talents so we can relive the magic he created for us.

I cannot recommend this man enough. If you want a PERFECT ceremony, call Dr. G!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Darryl · Married on 04/20/2017

We would like to extend our deepest gratitude to Dr. Spencer L. Gaines of Today We Wed for officiating our ceremony and adding his special touch. He turned a simple ceremony into a beautiful lasting memory. We definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a "GREAT OFFICIANT".

Chanel · Married on 02/14/2017

Spencer made our day more special than we even imagined . We were so pleased . We did the sand as a extra part of our ceremony and it made it all the more beautiful and very special. It is a wonderful ceremony and so worth the extra. We had the perfect day with the help of Spencer what a sweet kind thoughtful person. Like I said it could not of been better.

DeborahAnn · Married on 12/31/2016

Absolutely the best! You will be so pleased!

Crystal · Married on 12/03/2016

OMG. What you did for us on our day will never be expressed in words. I simply can not believe how wonderful you expressed love and with our words made this day so special. So thorough. So enlightening. So enduring. Fulfilled. Blessed. Holy matrimony blessed by God united by angels and brought to fruition by you. My heart pours for love for my husband; and you assisted me with expressing that. Many blessings, miracles and love for you and your wife as well and to whomever you marry. They will assuredly be blessed by your presence.

That video solidifies it all and we are grateful for it!

We love you for loving love so much to bless us with finding you!!!

Best wishes.

Mr. & Mrs. Leon D. Jackson Sr

Alishia · Married on 10/21/2016

My husband and I just adore Dr. Gaines. Our wedding was planned in St. Augustine and two weeks before, the hurricane flooded our venue. We decided to get married at home and were blessed enough to find Spencer Gaines. He made our wedding day so special. He captured the reasons we were getting married and wrote the most beautiful ceremony. Dr. Gaines is the BEST in town!!!!!!

Alishia · Married on 10/21/2016

Beautifully written, very personalized ceremony!!!!!! We just love Dr. Spencer!!!! HIGHLY recommend!

Justin · Married on 09/28/2016

Even though it rained on our outdoor wedding, Spence was still great! I couldn't have asked for a better officiant. The format and questions he used to prepare for the ceremony were well thought out and it turned out better than I had hoped. Especially the secret questions! From his humor to his sincerity, everything was top notch. Thank you again for being a part of our wedding, Spence. We truly appreciate it.

Desiree · Married on 08/13/2016

I had the most amazing experience with Dr. G. He knew that we were a young couple tight on money, and worked with us. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Everything he wrong was so heartfelt. He added humor in there, which we absolutely love, as did out guest. The most unbelievable and flexible people I have ever met. If i had any questions or issues, he was immediately on it, helping me work it out. All and all I couldn't have asked for a better officiant. He was beyond anything I could have imagine. I wish I could rate him higher. Thank you, Dr. G for making this day perfect.

They did a good job. I would definately recommend him.

Samantha · Married on 04/08/2016

We had a great experience with our officiant Dr. Spencer L. Gaines! He was always thoughtful and accommodating to our specific wedding plans, he made it easy and affordable to have our dream wedding

• User6193057 · 2+ years ago

I am from Nigeria and my husband and I were concerned that an American wedding officiant would not be able to capture who we are as a people and a culture. It must have been by the hand of God that I found Dr. Gaines because he has been an educator who specialized in culture and diversity. The result was a ceremony where both our Nigerian friends and family as well as our American friends were able to not only celebrate our special day, but learn something about the many people who attended and participated in our wedding day as well...Thank you so Much Dr. G!"

Abigail · Married on 12/24/2015

I cannot say enough about Dr. Gaines, what he creates and says during the ceremony is a gift. This was my second wedding and knowing this, Dr. G penned words that reflected my journey and how my husband was simply waiting for me to cross his path to make both of us complete. You guest it! That's all he had to say and the tears starting flowing. Thank you Dr. Gaines for being part of my fairytale day. There is no doubt that you will be getting many calls from my friends that will be getting married over the next year.

Jon · Married on 12/12/2015

Our life is now complete. Until the laws had changed allowing me and my husband to get married, we were imprisoned in a life without legal rights. Therefore, Tim and my union became critical both as a couple and as society moves forward. It is because of what our marriage represents, that our special day be conducted by a person that was empathetic to our needs and wants. To these ends, Dr. Gaines came through and although we were the center of the ceremony, he was a true leader that catered to us. We had trepidation hiring a straight officiant but let me tell you, three seconds into the ceremony the anxiety turned out to be not the time wasted thinking about it - he is truly an advocate for the Gay and Lesbian communities and Dr. G will be the first name that comes to mind as other friends decide to tie the knot.

• User6201033 · 2+ years ago

I was delighted to have Dr. Spencer Gaines perform my wedding ceremony. This was not my first marriage so it was important to have someone who understood how to best serve the needs of my new blended family. His words served as not only as the foundation for our marriage expectations, the words also helped to unite our new family members. I highly recommend this professional's services and in my opinion, there is no officiant that can deliver at the level Spencer did!

• O

Olivia · Married on 10/24/2015

Dr. Gaines was a total professional and more than a pleasure to work with. He was flexible, creative, patient and a wonderful addition to our service.

• User6197468 · 2+ years ago

"One of the greatest challenges of an interfaith marriage is in trying to satisfy both families. It is for this reason that we decided to use an officiant rather than a religious leader from either my faith (Jewish) or my husband's faith (Catholic). However; we still wanted a religious overtone that spoke to both faiths and Dr. Gaines accomplished this. His message was inspiring as he moved between the old and new Testaments focusing more on the meanings of the scriptures rather than where in the bible the versus resided. Thank you for filling this critical need and delivering a ceremony that will be with us for a lifetime."
    Wedding Venues, Wedding Cakes, Dresses, Invitations, Planning, Advice for Perfect Weddings!
    The easiest way to find local wedding venues, cakes, dresses, invitations & more. WeddingWire is stress free, hassle free, and just plain free. Compare wedding vendor reviews and newlywed ratings. Get wedding planning advice, tips, connect with brides planning weddings. Find wedding vendors, wedding…
    weddingwire.com

Elmer · Married on 09/18/2015

"When we set out find the right wedding officiant, we were sure that what we would get would be a person who was legally allowed to perform the ceremony and not much more. In the same spirit, we also did not want a long and drawn out ceremony where people would fall asleep. Then, simply by chance, we attended a ceremony performed by Dr. Gaines. It became clear very quickly that if we were lucky enough that Dr. gaines was available, we would hire him. I guess, the wedding Gods were shining upon us because he had a cancellation and was able to marry us. Spencer delivered many times over, and the ceremony was the talk of the reception Many people still talk about the moving words that spoke to who we were...an incredible day topped off with an incredible ceremony.

Emanuel · Married on 05/21/2015

I don't know if it is common for someone who helped plan a wedding to post feedback, but I was moved to do so. My friend Barbara asked me to help her in making the arrangements for her wedding. Hiring Dr. G was easy because he has conducted ceremonies for a number of our friends however; in this instance, he went above and beyond. Spencer often takes pictures of the ceremonies he officiates but for this event, he was trying out a new video camera. Maybe it was an act of the heavens, but the videographer's car broke down leaving no one to film the ceremony. When Dr. G found out he had the only video of the wedding, he sent what he shot to his video editor and then overnighted the finished product to Barbara...how many people would extend himself in that way? He was truly a lifesaver because there was a relative who was terminally ill and the video was the only way he could have seen the ceremony. In addition, the ceremony and loving words conveyed by Spencer created that special moment every couple dreams of - I only wish there was a greater word than thank you. "

Beverly · Married on 05/20/2015

"Talk about a small world! I am from Jamaica, West Indies and was concerned that the wedding officiant I would hire if not Jamaican would not understand my people - I know now I should not make assumptions. Turns out, Dr. G lived in Jamaica for a number of years. He understood my people, culture, and traditions and this is something that most Non-West Indian people would not. This is a gem folks and the officiant I would recommend to all people from all walks of life."

Joseph · Married on 05/20/2015

"As a retired government employee, I am able to give back to the world community. For the last two years, I have been supporting the learning needs of young children in Ecuador. Over the holidays, I proposed to the love of my life and she accepted. As happy as the moment was, we quickly realized that we would have to return to the states for the wedding. Being out of the American loop and still many miles from the U.S. all of the planning had to take place over the internet. Although we had a number of solid recommendations from friends and family who were recently married, we had none for a wedding officiant. After visiting his site all it took was one simply call to Dr. Spencer Gaines and I knew we had found the right person. In addition, I also come to learn, that Dr. Gaines owns a Florida Marriage Licence by Mail agency and with that, all of our worries were over. The end result was a ceremony my friends and family thought a Hollywood script writer wrote, and the ability to take care of the marriage license before we even left Ecuador....all I can say is this was customer service at the highest order."