Toby Hoogs Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Lancelot
    Lancelot E. Married on 03/01/2019

Lock-up Toby now - he's a can't miss add-on to your wedding!

Toby Hoogs brought a positive and enthusiastic personality to our ceremony, and that energy was only topped by the surreal and ‘once in a lifetime’ photo captures he took on our perfect day! He masterfully coordinated family members and wedding party alike, ensuring we always matched the best background, with impeccable lighting, timed in such a way that you never felt rushed, rather, we enjoyed striking poses and the moments as they happened. Our extended family was large, we had small children, paired with a few grandparents – but Toby was professional, energetic, and extremely polite, in that no one who was being asked to do a certain pose or stance was ever embarrassed or felt put out – everything he asked the wedding party was done seamlessly, including the children when reminded they needed to smile once more. We could not have imagined having anyone else documenting our moments with the people we love the most! THANK YOU for your patience, and willingness to snap unplanned photos when the opportunity presented itself – because of YOU, we will have an anchor in time where we enjoyed the perfect day! Forever thankful – Lancelot & Britni Elarionoff
  • Y
    Yasmin K. Married on 10/18/2018

Can't believe I am posting a review!

We’ve recently received my mom’s wedding pictures that were taken in October 2018 at the Fairmont Orchid. I cannot stress enough how spectacular the photos turned out! Toby was not only gracious by staying over the time to continuing taking pictures but he was also able to capture many heartfelt emotions. We honestly can’t stop looking at the pictures and have already made hardcopies. Thank you Toby for capturing memories that’ll last a lifetime.
    B Jay Married on 03/02/2018

Truly grateful for Toby and his beautiful spirit of aloha

It's taken me far too long to share with others how amazing Toby is!

When you hire a photographer you "hope" for the best but what we received was so much more than we ever expected. Yes, Toby is an incredibly talented photographer but even more important to us was his beautiful spirit of aloha. A true artist, he was able to capture the emotion of aloha and the love of family in the photos. The posed photos look so natural as if we weren't posing and the candid shots were stunning. We didn't even realize he was taking many photos because he blended into our family so beautifully during the wedding.

We are so thankful that we have one of a kind shots to remember our perfect day for a lifetime and we have Toby to thank for that.
    Ashley Married on 06/11/2017
    I can't recommend Toby enough. He was absolutely amazing as our wedding photographer. You can see how absolutely passionate he is about what he does. It definitely shows in his work. I couldn't be happier with our wedding photos. Not only did he take amazing photos at our wedding as well as the reception, but he went above and beyond to make sure that everything went smoothly and that I was comfortable. Because we had a destination wedding, it can be hard to choose vendors. Before we even booked Toby, we asked if he would FaceTime with us so we could "meet" and get to know him. Talking to him through FaceTime, you could feel how passionate he was about his photography. He answered any and all questions that I had and never pushed me to book him. I felt that he knew what he was doing and I could tell he truly loves what he does and that won me over. I booked him and after that, it got even better. He met with us once we got to the island and talked with us about everything that would happen on wedding day. He truly put me at ease and made me very confident in my decision choosing him. I was worried about him being a male, would he pay attention to my hair being out of place, or an unflattering position. I was blown away! Every time he took a picture, he would make sure my veil and dress looked absolutely perfect and that there wasn't a hair out of place. I couldn't believe how perfectly he paid attention to every detail, and I couldn't have been more comfortable with him taking pictures. I pretty much forgot he was there (no offense Toby!). He took so many pictures and I couldn't be happier with the result! I wish we lived in Hawaii so he could photograph all the important moments in our life. Thank you so much Toby! You are truly amazing at what you do!!!
    Mariko Married on 04/08/2017

Great experience, beautiful shots

Toby is awesome, takes great shots and is super personable. You won't go wrong hiring him.
    Davawn A. Married on 02/24/2014
    Toby Hoogs was very professional and personable the entire experience. He honestly did more for our wedding then being just a videographer and photographer. He helped plan the set up and location planning since we had no idea of where we should go, being that this was our first trip to the Big Island of Hawaii. I would STRONGLY recommend Toby and his team to help with your wedding. Our photos came out flawless. Toby helped us to get in the perfect poses, captured our emotions and made us feel at ease. Toby met us at our hotel, took photos there and followed us to our wedding site. The day was perfect and Toby helped to make it this way. Our photos came out perfect and the flash drive that Toby sends your pictures on has a very unique and creative touch.
    Jo Anne Married on 11/16/2013
    We found Toby by searching on line when we started planning our wedding. When we also finalized our wedding planner, she raved about Toby so we knew we were on the right track. We ended up meeting Toby to shoot our engagement photos and we knew we made the right choice. He is an incredibly talented photographer and such an easy going guy. Our engagement and wedding photos was such a blast - he made everything flawless. Recently we received the link to view our photos and we cant wait to get a hold of our album and they are truly amazing. Toby, words cant describe how thankful we are for making everything possible for us. We will cherish these photos forever! Remember what we told you in Hawaii, you guys are welcome to visit us any time! It may be Peru now...but who knows where we end up next :)
    Stephanie Married on 09/27/2013
    Tobby Hoogs was very professional and easy to work with. He had creative ideas for pictures and his expertise shined. I highly recommend Toby Hoogs Photography for your next wedding, corporate event, engagement party or birthday. You will be delighted by his work and confident that you will have beautiful memories captured in photos and/or video to always remember your special day!
    Stacy Married on 06/16/2013
    I recently got married on the 16th of June in Hawaii and used Toby at the recommendation of the Four Seasons. My husband does photography for the movie industry and was in charge of picking our photographer. Pictures were incredibly important to us so we could look back and remember our wedding. Based on the framing, lighting, and creativity he saw in Toby's pictures we selected him. We were blown away by how awesome he and his wife were on our wedding day. Toby was extremely professional and did a great job at coaching two nervous about to be married people into smiling and "relaxing" for the camera. He periodically let us review the pictures he took to ensure we saw things we were happy with so we could adjust if necessary. Shortly after the wedding we had proofs in hand. We only had him for about 2.5hrs which in hind sight, I should have added more time. But he got every picture we wanted. His wife was great at helping me throughout the wedding as well. I can't say enough good things about Toby and his crew. We are incredibly happy with our pictures! Would highly recommend them to anyone.
  • User1285865 2+ years ago
    Our videographer was Todd and he and his assistant did a great job! They were on time, friendly, and professional. We ordered a full length video and short version. We are so glad we did the short version! It's totally worth it - you'll watch the full length wedding video only a handful of times (if that!) and friends/family want to see something shorter. They did a great job - very beautiful video. They used modern equipment (all digital) and spliced in sound perfectly. Would definitely recommend!
    Kristina Married on 04/27/2013
    He took lots of time and quality pics of my entire family... including my high energy 8 year old boys and quick moving one year old. It must have been exhausting trying to keep up with them. We had a truely beautiful wedding and it was great to have such amazing pictures to remember it by.
    Malia Married on 04/12/2013
    Toby and his wife are awesome! They were so flexible on doing anything! We felt so comfortable with them. We were having so much fun taking pictures. The pictures came out amazing. So many beautiful pictures to choose from. Thank you again for and awesome time. Will keep in touch!
    Alicia Married on 10/26/2012
    Toby and his team were very professional and did everything they could to capture our wedding day. The sneak preview of the photos are beyond my expectations. I cannot wait to see the final product.
    Highly recommend!
  • User927873 2+ years ago
    They are professional, responsive and did a wonderful job on my same day edit :)
    Autumn Married on 06/24/2012
    I can't say enough about Toby to describe what a wonderful person and photographer he is! Toby is in one word, amazing! He captured the true spirit of our wedding on film. His style and personality made even the shyest of the group feel comfortable. When I first called Toby, I was worried about the time taking pictures would take and how that might possibly take away from the flow of the reception or our time with our friends and family. But, Toby even helped me figure out how and when to do things to make sure that didn't happen. My husband and I truly enjoyed all the little special moments that he helped to create. I waited in anticipation for our photos to arrive; when they did, I couldn't have been happier. I put the disk in the computer, put it on slide show, and giggled and oohed and ahhed for two hours as I watched and remembered our wedding day. So many of the pictures were just a delightful surprise and I wondered how in the world he had gotten that angle or where he was when he got this shot or that; he seemed to be everywhere at once and they were all so gorgeous! Toby made the memory of our wedding come alive and we will cherish our pictures always! I cannot recommend Toby Hoogs highly enough; as I said before, he is just amazing! If you are planning a wedding in Hawaii and you can't get him, change the date so that you can!
    Heidi Married on 06/09/2012
    Toby is dynamic and has found his calling. His smile is so contagious and is so easy to work with. He truly celebrates your day with you. Toby creates beautiful photos that will take your breath away and that will tell your story in an amazing way.
    Rochelle Married on 05/14/2012
    To all the future brides out there, hire a wedding videographer along with your photographer! You won’t regret it! We brought our own photographer with us to our destination wedding and hired a videographer through Toby Hoogs Photography and Video and I am so happy we did. Todd was our videographer and he did such an amazing job and was completely unobtrusive. He was very nice and made us feel at ease and comfortable the whole time. We just got the video back recently and have already watched it several times. The way the video was put together was very artistic and beautiful! Todd captured the wedding and reception perfectly and made us feel like we were reliving it all over again. The video is truly priceless to us! Thank you Todd for your amazing work!
  • User843912 2+ years ago
    Todd was our videographer....we just received the video and it is AMAZING! So artistic and beautiful.....he really captured our magical evening. We didn't even notice him at the event....he was so unobtrusive and yet captured the event exactly as we would have wanted.
    Danielle Married on 05/01/2012
    It's only been a few days since my wedding and I was sent a "sneak peek" of the photos from my wedding day. And WOW! They are amazing!! I showed the "sneak peek" to some of my friends and family and just the pictures themselves got some of them teary-eyed. Toby was super creative, nice and gave great direction. He was great working with my 6 year old daughter as well. He made sure we got all the pictures that we wanted him to, but really, with his creativity, and experience I really couldn't even ask for anything else. The pictures look like something from a fairy tale! I love them and can't wait to see the rest! He also has a videographer who was super nice and taped the whole ceremony and then some. I can't wait to see the video either!

Thank you!
    Rhonda Married on 04/21/2012
    The most beautiful photos I have seen and we've only seen the sneak peek! We can't say enough about his friendliness, creativity, and professionalism. I can't wait to see the full photo shoot!
    Rebecca Married on 04/13/2012
    I HIGHLY recommend Toby Hoogs photography and video.Although he was a little more expensive when compared to other photographers by the hour, you have to consider what you get and the quality and the value for Toby's services is incredible!!! We were so extremely happy with his services. He was wonderful during the wedding and great to work with. I recommend getting the video as well. We added it at the last minute and were so happy we did. The quality was great and we were able to share with a lot of family that weren't able to make it. It went by so fast and we are so thankful to have the high quality recording. It was really windy but the video sound came out perfect.
    Also, Toby sends you an AMAZING coffee table photo book. He delivered it quickly, as promised and the book was incredible with tons of photos and different designs that tell the entire story of your wedding. It is definitely something you will want to have and share forever. I cannot say enough great things about Toby and his team. You will be very happy if you use him!
    Our wedding had a tight budget, but spending a little more on the photography (and getting the video as well) was the best decision we made. I can't say enough how happy we are. This was the best investment we made for the entire wedding.
  • User755704 2+ years ago
    Toby is easy going and awesome for those of you who are not as keen on taking photos!! Loved him!!
    Melissa Married on 02/14/2012
    Toby was such an excellent photographer at our Valentine Wedding. My husband and I traveled from California to our destination wedding in Hawaii. His team kept in close contact with us for an entire year prior to our wedding. Toby captured every moment of our wedding day from our morning in the salon through our entire reception. The photos came back gorgeous!! His team also did the videography of our ceremony and reception. Everything they put together for us exceeded our expectations and brought our family to tears. I highly recommend Toby Hoogs Photography to anyone looking for the perfect wedding photos.
    Emily Married on 12/08/2011
    Toby Hoogs Photography is great! We hired him for the videography and the livestream! We regretted we didn't hire him for our photography. We are satisfied with the quality for the DVD. And the livestream is awesome!

Please don't hire Ruth Anne Photography. Very unprofessional.
    Rachael Married on 07/23/2011
    Toby and Renee did such a fantastic job on our engagement photos here on The Big Island of Hawaii that we invited them to travel and photograph our destination wedding in New Mexico too! The quality and supply of the photos we received is priceless and we really feel that all the special moments of our wedding day were captured. Our guests commented on how friendly and unobtrusive Toby and Renee were but how incredibly hard they were working to get us the best possible shots from all angles and with all different lenses. I highly recommend them for any of your photography needs and plan to hire them again in the future!