TM's Make Up Artistry Reviews

39 | Newark, CA

39 Reviews for TM's Make Up Artistry

Jaspreet Saini · Getting married on 09/06/2020

The Best Decision I made for my Wedding Day!

I came across Timsi's website back in April when I was looking for a makeup artist for my low key, low budget wedding. I love doing my own makeup and was skeptical if I should even hire someone to do it for my wedding day. But after going back and forth a few times with her on the phone, I finally told her I wanted to hire her. One thing I love about her was that every time I talked to her, she never made me feel pressured to hire her services. She was understanding of the fact that I was a full time student with a very small wedding budget. She did a trial about a month before the wedding at her house and on the wedding day, she came to my house to help me get ready. She was so sweet and helpful (Plus, she gave me some tips on doing my own makeup which I really appreciated).
    Everyone loved my makeup on my wedding day and I love looking at all my pictures from that day. It was worth the money I spent. I am so glad I found her and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist. Timsi, I loved working with you and I wish the best for you as you leave the bay area and start over in SoCal! God bless you!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Heather Silva · Married on 09/21/2019

Spectacular and Magical

I wanted something unique and different but also something that would make people gasp at the beauty of it and Timsi did not just that but exceeded my expectations. I had the most special day and she helped make it possible.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Premal

Premal T Patel · Married on 07/07/2019

Highly Recommend!

I came across Timsi while looking for (bridal) makeup services in the Bay Area for my Indian babyshower. I am not a huge makeup fan, so I was looking for someone who can keep it natural but elegant. Timsi was not available personally but she recommended a couple of her team members so I can check their profiles. Once the stylist was finalized, Timsi sent me a checklist of things to prepare prior to the event and a shared folder where I can upload my inspiration pictures. The stylist arrived on time on the day of the event and gave me the exact look I was expecting. Overall, I highly recommend Timsi and her team for their high quality work and clear communication throughout the process.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Megha

Megha · Married on 05/04/2019

Exactly what I was looking for!

I was looking for a soft glam look for my big day. I had researched many artists and none seemed to fit the criteria. Until I came across Timsi.
    What I truly appreciated about Timsi was that she not only delivered, but she was very attentive during the trial as well as the wedding day itself. I am very very picky and for every little adjustment I wanted to make, she listened to me, provided her professional feedback and then ultimately let me decide if I was satisfied. I have come across many make-up artists that will try to tell you something looks good when in reality you are very uncomfortable. Timsi did not do that to me. She was not satisfied until I was happy with the outcome! She made me feel comfortable and delivered exactly what I was looking for. She was also honest if something I wanted wasn’t realistic. I appreciated that on my big day as I look back at the pictures and am very happy with the outcome!
    Timsi is also responsive and in a timely manner. I had no issues finalizing my contract with her and she was clear with all costs/fees upfront. I would recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Julie Joseph · Married on 04/27/2019

Great service!

So grateful for Timsi and her team. With such a large wedding party ( I had 17 women who needed hair and makeup done) it was so convenient to work with one company. Timsi handled all the planning and coordinating! I really appreciate her and her team for making the hair and makeup services for my wedding stress free!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Liz · Married on 02/22/2019

Execellent

Very responsive .. i would give 6 stars if possible

Sent on 02/25/2019

brittany · Married on 10/25/2018

The best hair/makeup ever!

Timsi and her team did an amazing job for me and my girls. I only had s vague idea of what I wanted for my wedding hair/makeup and Timsi made my vision come true even better than I could have imagined! Everything was perfect and months later people are still talking about how pretty my hair was.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Sharon · Married on 10/13/2018

South Indian Bridal Make Up & Hair

Timsi was so professional and did an absolutely beautiful job. During the trial she really listened to what I asked for and made changes as necessary. On the morning of the wedding she was punctual, organized, and calm. I had a South Indian wedding so she also tied my sari. It all came out beautifully. She's also so sweet which makes a big difference. Definitely recommend her services!

Sent on 02/14/2019

Gaana · Married on 12/31/2017

It was such a privilege to work with Timsi. She is beautiful inside and out. We got to work with each other in an expo, though she had such a little time to work her magic on me, she did it so beautifully and professionally. She didn't rush or get stressed. She was smiling all through the work and also, multitasking by addressing her customers at the vendor booth. I haven't come across many who are so good at handling multiple people and yet manage to have that smile on! Love her work ethic, if you haven't checked out her work yet, I highly recommend you to do so! I would definitely go back to Timsi for her to work her magic on my face :) Good job Timsi!

Sent on 10/26/2016

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thanks a lot Gaana for all the wonderful words of praise. I truly appreciate it :)

Vidhya · Married on 09/15/2017

Timsi is amazing ! She patiently answered all my questions. Her makeup was very professional , flawless, natural and long lasting through the day. Timsi was constantly communicating and very patient. A big thumbs up !

Sent on 01/23/2017

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Hi Vidhya, Thank you so much for the kind words. I am glad I was able to be a part of your special day. Wish you all the very best for the future :) Warm Regards!!!

Susan · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I eloped in Napa and did all the planning from thousands of miles away. I did a TON of research on everything from venues to makeup artists. I'm SO happy I came across Timsi. She and her team did an amazing job with hair and makeup for me and my girlfriends. I really can't say enough good things about her. Sweet, perfectionist, professional, and committed to making her clients happy. Trust me, I've done the research, and she is hands down the best option in the area and totally affordable! Thanks Timsi!

Sent on 08/25/2017

I booked Timsi for my two day wedding event. A natural traditional South Indian bride look, a Nepali bride look for the ceremony and a formal look for my reception. I absolutely adored her work, she made me look and feel beautiful on both days. I am still receiving compliments! Timsi, I believe is a rare find in her industry, she is not only impeccably professional, punctual and organized in her work but she is also super friendly and so much fun to be with. She helped me through the wedding process with sound advice, calming my nerves and adjusted with all the changing timelines and needs. What I liked best about her was she spends time to get to know you and your needs, she never pushes you, something most other vendors tend to do. This made a huge difference on the big day to help me carry myself confidently. Thank you again Timsi, for making my special day extra special!

Sent on 05/30/2017

S · Married on 04/17/2017

I would highly recommend Timsi to any bride looking for make up. She can do both Indian and Western looks. Her Indian looks are actually really unique in that they are very "natural" looking, which is exactly what I was looking for. She was also very flexible in that she looked after my mom despite us giving her a only a week's notice! She also sold me one of her lip kits so I didn't have to pay extra shipping costs to buy it from the supplier. She was also one of the easiest vendors to communicate with and would always respond super quickly. She also helped us find other vendors for things we hadn't lined up yet. I can't say enough good things about her!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Neha · Married on 03/19/2017

Timsi is just awesome! 10/10 for - professionalism, working on schedule, patient and understanding "exactly" what you don't want :) She just made my day with her artistic hair and makeup skills. In addition, she is super sweet and friendly! All in all, go ahead and book her for your special day..no regrets would follow!

Sent on 03/30/2017

We had our hair and make up done for my brothers wedding. Fantastic job. Thank you.

Sent on 03/08/2017

Hanna · Married on 11/19/2016

She and her team were fabulous. She is very organized and we were both completely pleased with our hair and makeup and we weren't particularly good at saying what we wanted. I was afraid of not looking like myself or being too fancy looking. This was not the case at all. It looked great but natural which is a hard balance to find. We loved her!

Sent on 01/11/2017

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Hanna for your kind words of appreciation. I'm so glad to have worked with the both of you :) The entire bridal team and yourselves were extremely easy going and i truly appreciate all your praises from the bottom of my heart! Wish you and Suzanne a very happy married life on behalf of #teamtms !

Sowmya · Married on 11/19/2016

Timsi has been very professional and accommodating. Do go for the trial make up so you she and you can understand what look you want.

Sent on 01/29/2017

Sonali · Married on 11/11/2016

I got to know about Timsi (TM's Make Up Artistry) via yelp as I was trying to find some one talented as well as affordable for my bridal make up. After approaching so many vendors and beauticians, I came across Tims’s profile and work. I simply loved her work as displayed on yelp and her website, so I had my mind set on her :) and I had my first conversation with her.

Right from our first conversation till today, she has been professional, welcoming and friendly at all times.
    She is pretty flexible with all the needs.
    - She understands and helps scheduling/rescheduling appointment date and times based on how busy we get with wedding prep.
    - She understands last minute delays and running errands for wedding prep and adjusts accordingly.
    - She understands the last minute 's panic and anxiety and she takes care of you like anything.
    The best part about her is she knows what she is doing. So, you can totally rely on her for your main day :).
    - She is systematic and super organized with her work. She will send you documents well before hand that helps you to be prepared for trial sessions as well as for the main day make up.
    - She knows what would suit your skin the best.
    - She realizes based on your hair length and texture, what kind of hairstyle would suit your face and dress.
    - She keeps asking about how we feel about the make up and hairstyle to consider the bride’s comfort zone at all times.
    I had lovely experience getting my bridal make done by her and I would recommend her to all the couples out there that are looking for bridal services and packages.

She is simply the best.
    Thanks once again Timsi for everything :).

Sent on 12/16/2016

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thanks a lot Sonali for such a detailed and honest feedback! I am glad I got to be a part of your special day and what makes it extra more special for me is to later on read and realize that all of the hardwork was so dearly appreciated by my beautiful bride - means a lot! Thank you!!!
    Wish you both a very happy married life!!
    XO

Dakshata · Married on 11/10/2016

Timsi is very talented & professional Make Up & Hair artist . Go for her . I am sure you are going to love your new look .

Sent on 10/10/2016

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Dakshata for your kind words, truly mean a lot!
    I had an absolute pleasure working with you and hope for many more opportunities to work again in future.
    Timsi Malhotra

Sejal · Married on 10/31/2016

Early this year, I visited the U.S. for a few months and towards the end of my trip, I decided to pamper myself a little and get a portfolio photoshoot done. Since, I always fancied wearing my wedding attire, I thought this will be a good opportunity to experiment and add a couple of different style and looks to my beauty album ?? and that's when I researched & contacted Timsi.! My experience with her was wonderful and we had a great day doing all different looks. She is an amazing artist with a keen eye for detail! She also went above and beyond her way to get dresses organized for me since I had no clue about how things work in the U.S. and even recommended a great photographer. That was extremely sweet of her .Thank you TM's make up artistry for making me look beautiful and confident .!

Sent on 10/06/2016

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thanks a lot Sejal for such wonderful words of praises. I had a great time working with you and so glad to know that the looks worked so nicely for you.
    Timsi

Britta · Married on 10/01/2016

I had the privilege of having Timsi do my hair and makeup for a bridal shoot and I was so impressed with how professional and still relaxed she was! She made the whole experience so much fun! Her techniques are so gentile; I've never had anyone do my hair and makeup with a more gentle, delicate hand. And the end result... Stunning! What great talent and lovely lady!

Sent on 10/06/2016

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Britta for your kind words. I had an absolute pleasure working with you and glaming you up for the vintage bridal look :)
    Timsi

Ashish · Married on 09/10/2016

I have collaborated with Timsi on 5 projects during 2015 - 2016. She is a charm to work with. She knows her job amazingly well.

Sent on 09/28/2016

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for all the praises! Means a lot :)

Mahtab · Married on 08/03/2016

Timsi is the best!! She did my sister in law's makeup for her wedding and it looked great! I couldn't have been happier!
    She is great artist and I recommend her too everyone. She is very knowledgeable and knows her stuff!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Kriti · Married on 12/26/2015

I booked Timsi for a party makeup in honor of my husband and I as newlyweds and honestly was quite uncertain about what to expect from her. I was so incredibly surprised and excited about how wonderful she was to work with since I had not heard of her services before and was used to working with referrals only. Her responses to my requests were incredibly prompt and thorough, her advice was sound, and she follows your vision to the T.

She did my hair and makeup and I got compliments all evening for it. We gave her a picture of what my mom wanted for her hair and she was able to mimic it and make it look even better than the picture! I think that goes to show how dedicated she is to ensuring her client's happiness with the end result.

I think my favorite part about her is her cleanliness. She never double dips, she always uses new brushes, she sanitizes everything, and she uses professional products. I have gotten my makeup done so many times, but she is by far the cleanest and neatest professional I have worked with. I fully intend to book her services again and recommend her for future brides!

Sent on 10/30/2016

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thanks a lot Kriti for all the kinds words. I am so glad i got to be a part of your special day and extremely happy to hear your honest feedback. It truly means a lot! Thank you!

Darshana · Married on 12/01/2015

I worked with Timsi for a photo-shoot - fake bride of course ;) but it really felt like a real one. Timsi is very friendly, easy to work with, professional and super super organized (hard to come across) and gets even the tiny details chalked out before the big day (for me it was the shoot). She coordinated the whole nine yards and there was no room for error, which is very necessary for any event. What I really really liked is she put herself in the shoes of the bride and planned every tiny detail like a bride would plan. Everything was perfect and the pictures were absolutely amazing! I definitely recommend Timsi if you are looking for a MUA for your big day and she got you covered!

Sent on 09/29/2016

TM's Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thanks a lot Darshana for all the kind words. I truly enjoyed working with you and appreciate you for being so patient through the entire process. Look forward to working with you again in future & ofcourse! your big day ;)