Tlaquepaque Chapel Reviews

99 Reviews for Tlaquepaque Chapel

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

99 Tlaquepaque Chapel Reviews

Erika · Getting married on 11/03/2018

We chose the Calle Independencia for our wedding reception and it was stunning! Also, Liz is an absolute God-send!! She was the coordinator for our wedding and ensured everything ran smoothly. We met with her numerous times before the wedding, she listened to every concern and request, and followed up immediately with our questions. The day of the wedding, she was available all day for us, which was amazing. Liz set up all of our decorations at the reception and has a professional eye for decorating. All of our guests raved about the table design and placement of decor! (She even brought her own personal cacti from home to help decorate our dessert table!) I would recommend anyone choosing Tlaquepaque as a venue, especially if they want to “wow” their guests. If you do choose a wedding here, make sure to hire Liz as a coordinator, your day will be stress free and perfect like mine was!

Tlaquepaque Chapel  1
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  2
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  3
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  4
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  5
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  6
  • Christopher & Aileen

Christopher & Aileen · Married on 09/01/2018

Everything about this venue is beyond words. We had our dream wedding for the fraction of the budget that was quoted to us from a competing vendor in the area. Tlaquepaque should be considered one of the nation’s top venue’s to hold a wedding in. Its elegant & rustic beauty is breathtaking and comes even more alive at night. It has the unique ability to solely create many “Fairy Tale” type moments as the night matures. Outside of the area’s majestic red rocks, there simply is no other place in Sedona that can compare.

We could go on and on about both Tlaquepaque and Liz, the events coordinator. She was incredible in assisting us in a few changes we had to make from the moment we booked the venue a year prior. There was never an ounce of negative energy with Liz and she is another major part in why our night was incredibly memorable.

Highly recommend for any event, especially the wedding of your dreams. Thank you Liz & Tlaquepaque for the amazing experience that will stay with Aileen and I for a lifetime.

Jean · Married on 06/09/2018

Perfect Venue for our family gathering. Tlaquepaque Chapel reminds me of the beautiful spanish-styled missions I love so much, with adobe walls, stained glass windows and a large arched doorway with a wooden doors. My guests thought the chapel was gorgeous and the grounds are lovely with waterfalls, fountains and cobblestone walkways. Liz was always available for any and all questions. Truly a magical setting. You will not be disappointed!

• W

Wendy · Married on 12/01/2017

The staff was wonderful, so very helpful and professional. They really pay attention to detail. Everything was just magical!
    Thank you to all who made our wedding so very special. The chapel is really charming and was decorated beautifully.

Samantha · Married on 09/23/2017

We had our intimate wedding at Tlaquepaque last month, and could not have asked for a better venue. Our ceremony was in one of the small patios and we held our reception on the terrace. Elizabeth, their coordinator, was extremely helpful and nice. We had some concerns regarding our wedding planner on the day of, but after meeting Liz my worries were gone. I knew that we would still be in good hands with Liz's help.
    Our guests had a wonderful time and our photos turned out amazing. But then again, how could they not with such a pretty background? We stayed at Los Abrigados resort, which is right behind Tlaquepaque, and this was extremely convenient for getting things to and from the venue. It was also nice because no one had to drive anywhere after the wedding. I highly recommend Tlaquepaque for anyone looking for a gorgeous Sedona wedding with a romantic feel.

Tlaquepaque Chapel  7
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  8

Heather · Married on 07/06/2017

We eloped at the Tlaquepaque Chapel in July 2017, and everything was perfect - from the initial emails to the ceremony; the people at Tlaquepaque were so helpful and professional. I recommend getting the Bridal Suite for a few hours as it's very spacious and you can get ready directly on-site. The Chapel is perfect for an elopement or small wedding - absolutely gorgeous and so peaceful. I appreciated that someone stood by the door during our ceremony to ensure that no one came in a disturbed us. After we were married, they rang the bells for us - a nice touch. The grounds at Tlaquepaque make for beautiful photos post-ceremony. Also, Cathedral Rock is very close to Tlaquepaque - I recommend going there as a second location photo shoot. Too bad there are only 5 stars, because I would give it a 10/10! Thank you Tlaquepaque :)

Jaimie · Married on 04/15/2017

I knew as a young girl that the Chapel at Tlaquepaque was where I wanted to have my wedding ceremony, and the Patio de las Campanas would be the perfect place for a reception. I am thrilled to say that I was right! Wow!! My new husband and I are so happy with everything about our wedding experience at Tlaquepaque! Elizabeth Moler, Events Manager for Tlaquepaque, was so wonderful to work with. She was joyful, easy to contact, full of wonderful ideas, and did everything in her power to make our special day perfection. One of our favorite suggestions Liz made was to add the pipe-and-drape to our reception area, and this truly put the look and feel of our reception site over the top. Thank you to all at Tlaquepaque who played a part in making our wedding day so perfect!! We would highly recommend this location for your special day!

Tlaquepaque Chapel  9
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  10
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  11
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  12
    Tlaquepaque Chapel  13

Linda · Married on 06/11/2016

Stunning location for an evening summer wedding in Sedona. We got married here June 2016. Beautiful set up. Great place for photos!

Holly · Married on 05/14/2016

We had our wedding at Tlaquepaque, and the venue manager Liz TRULY went above and beyond to accommodate us for our day! There was a booking mishap and the Patio de las Campanas was double-booked on our wedding day, so Liz spoke with the owners of Tlaquepaque and we ended up having our ceremony in the central courtyard with the fountain, where weddings usually aren't held. It was just as nice as the other courtyard, if not nicer! We had our reception on the Patio Del Norte which was equally beautiful. Liz was even on site personally making sure everything went smoothly, re-directing traffic around the courtyard, etc., so it was like having a second coordinator there! I can't recommend this venue enough, and especially Liz for helping so much on the day! Thank you Liz!!!

April · Married on 10/17/2015

We had our wedding ceremony here in this beautiful little chapel. If you are looking for a intimate small wedding this is the place. Liz was a pleasure to work with. Everyone did a great job of keeping the tourists away so we and our guests could have our privacy. I so recommend this venue.

I married at the Chapel on July 16, 2015. The site is small but beautiful. We had visited Sedona many times and always loved the Chapel. We are from Pittsburgh, PA and planned the wedding via email and phone. Liz and Wendy are very helpful and respond quickly. There are no unforeseen details or costs. The price is in line with what a church or other venues charge. The bridal suite is a must even if you dress elsewhere. I used it to relax and stay cool before the wedding. I dressed at the bed and breakfast we stayed at but attached my train to my dress at the suite. There are two changing/sitting areas and there is a bathroom, and a mini kitchen. Bottled water is provided. The Chapel is gorgeous. I recommend ordering some candelabras from the Chapel. They make your pictures even prettier.

• User5019051 · 2+ years ago

Liz & Alexandria were such a pleasure to work with, to say the least. They went above and beyond in every area to ensure our day went as smooth as possible. Despite the constant rain, they comforted us and our families. In addition, before my wedding day, they stayed in frequent communication. Tlaquepaque Chapel was so beautiful; my husband and I feel we picked the perfect spot to have our ceremony. It's small, quiet, and the artwork is stunning. In addition, the grounds of Tlaquepaque are a photographer's dream; while we haven't seen the photographs yet, we are told we have some really nice shots! -Mrs. Burnette

Lauren · Married on 04/10/2015

I don't even know where to begin.

Liz and everyone at Tlaquepaque are amazing. She was quick to respond, even when I was not, and was very professional. She helped with venders and when we asked for heaters last minute, she helped us and our caterer rent a few.

We had our wedding at the Patio De Las Campanas and the Calle Independencia and it was beautiful. Our wedding was last Friday and our guests had nothing but good things to say about how beautiful the venue is. Our guests traveled from IL and most of them went back the next day to shop around. It was definitely a beautiful, fairytale wedding!

There is no way you could go wrong having your ceremony and reception at Tlaquepaque! I HIGHLY recommend it!

Caitlin · Married on 02/07/2015

Beautiful; intimate, timeless, and gorgeous space.
    Liz is WONDERFUL to work with and really went out of her way to make us feel special. Thank you Liz/Tlaquepaque for helping us celebrate our perfect day!

This was a beautiful place to get married. The chapel is GORGEOUS!! Our photos came out amazing. And they were so flexible with us because we wanted to do our wedding on a Sunday and they accommodated us. Just a lovely experience.

Christy · Married on 09/19/2014

If you're getting married in Sedona, this is the place to do it. I had my reception at the Calle Indepencia location in Tlaquepaque and all I can say is STUNNING! My guests kept telling me it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have ever been to. And the strung lights overhead just added to the ambiance! Liz, the coordinator was also nothing short of amazing. We were almost rained out, and she helped look into other venues and helped create a backup plan. Luckily, the rain stopped and we didn't need it, and we ended up having the reception of our dreams. Thanks Liz and Tlaquepaque!

Tiffany · Married on 04/26/2014

We chose Tlaquepaque Chapel as the setting for our wedding ceremony. Boy, did we make the right decision! Not only is it a beautiful, intimate space but practical! We planned our wedding a year out, so you never know what the weather might be. An outdoor wedding in Sedona is always a lovey option, but you never know what Mother Nature will have in store! On our day, we experienced what seemed like all four seasons, including rain, hail and snow! Luckily, we were inside and it cleared up for pictures, but I could not imagine the stress of an outdoor venue! The staff at Tlaquepaque were very helpful and easy to work with. This is a very affordable, picturesque option if you are looking to get married in stunning Sedona.

From the moment we first made up our minds and signed the contract with Adam, until the day of, I knew Adam had us taken care of. The office and arrangements were very professional and gave me peace of mind!!! They work very well with their vendors and coordination is seamless!!! The atmosphere is unparalleled :) We even had a couple come up to us the day before our wedding because they had overheard we were to be getting married there the next day. The couple told us all about their amazing wedding day in Tlaquepaque, 18 years ago, and were there celebrating their anniversary!!! It's just a magical place :)

Mary · Married on 09/21/2013

This beautiful chapel was the perfect venue for our intimate wedding. Adam was so helpful, and prompt with any folllow up questions and concerns. The chapel and surrounding courtyard were a beautiful backdrop for our special day! Tlaquepaque will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Matt · Married on 05/25/2013

Being locals, we visit Tlaquepaque often. However, in all the years, we've never had an opportunity to meet any of the staff. Working with Adam for our event was fantastic. He was fun, flexible, and creative. We couldn't have done it without him. We look forward to visiting Tlaquepaque and our friends whenever we're over in Sedona.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Tlaquepaque Chapel 's reply:

Thank you so much! You were both a pleasure to work with! Best Wishes!

This place was so beautiful. The chapel is small but it was the perfect size for my intimate wedding. Absolutely perfect!

Meredith · Married on 10/12/2012

Leading up to the wedding, we corresponded with Adam. He was very professional, helpful, and quick to respond to emails; you can tell he takes his job very seriously. I had my both my ceremony and reception at Tlaquepaque - the Patio de las Campanas and the Terrace at Patio del Norte, respectively. It was an absolutely GORGEOUS location; all my guests raved about how beautiful, intimate, and unique it was. To our surprise, they rang the huge bell at the end of my ceremony when my husband and I walked out! It was a fairy tale sort of touch that was the cherry on top of an otherwise perfect ceremony. The terrace was the perfect place for our intimate reception, it is a very nice change from the usual boring ballroom. Speaking of which, the terrace is outside... which means if the weather is bad, the reception must move to the very ugly and outdated ballroom. Thankfully the rain held out for us. Tlaquepaque books up fast and early, so do NOT wait!

pauline · Married on 05/12/2012

Tlaquepaque was an amazing wedding experience!
    It was truely my fairytale wedding!

Tara · Married on 03/25/2012

Truly 5 out of 5. I planned a small, destination wedding WITHOUT making a visit to see anything. Scary right!? The venue was absolutely gorgeous! We were able to take the best photographs. Everything ran just like it read in the contract. The employees were extremely accommodating, friendly and professional. There are even back up plans if the weather doesn't permit for outdoor events. I also highly recommend using their suggested vendors!