TKO Entertainment DJs (Cleveland / Akron) Reviews

63 | Richfield, OH

63 Reviews for TKO Entertainment DJs (Cleveland / Akron)

We worked with Ted from TKO and had such a wonderful experience. He DJ'd at our wedding and also husband's sisters wedding, which was two months before ours. He did a great job at both weddings! He took the time to know what type of music we liked and was very good about reading the crowd and keeping everyone on the dance floor. I am hispanic and my husband is Italian. Ted did a great job of playing both types of music and everyone really enjoyed themselves!

He was professional and communicated with us in a timely manner throughout the whole process.

We would highly recommend Ted and TKO for any of our friends weddings!

Sent on 11/16/2014

I am not one to typically write reviews, but as i was planning my wedding i relied SO heavily on the reviews of others, I knew i needed to help out brides who are in the same position i was. Picking a DJ was one of the hardest decisions for me to make. With a photographer, you can view their albums. With a florist, you can see sample bouquets/centerpieces. How can you "sample" a DJ? Well, I am here to tell you we went with a gut instinct and great reviews when choosing TKO. They were absolutely incredible. What i liked best about working with Ted was his confidence. He made me feel at ease that he knew the venue, could read the audience, and would not play any weird line dances unless i requested them. He was laid back yet professional. TKO did an amazing job on my wedding night, I never once left the dance floor. Do yourself a favor and stop your search - call TKO!!!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Brittany · Married on 06/28/2014

I was totally satisfied and a happy bride when all was said and done! Was a bit worried about them having enough space to work with at the reception but Ted set my mind at ease by promptly e-mailing me a layout he designed which worked perfectly. The music choices during everything were perfect, people were dancing to every song! The light show was MAGICAL, it was so cool to see the barn lit up. These guys are not just a table and a laptop, they bring their A-game! Our DJ was John I., he was friendly, professional, courteous and made sure to check in on both myself and my new husband a few times during the evening to see if everything was to our satisfaction. I would use them again in a heartbeat. Thank you soooo much!!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Kate · Married on 06/21/2014

truly, above and beyond, we could not have asked for better. Ted and his team were immediately responsive at every request, incredibly enthusiastic and kind, and our wedding was an absolute blast that had everyone up on the dance floor. Worth every last penny!

Sent on 07/01/2014
  • I

Iya · Married on 06/06/2014

When I did my research for DJ's about 18 months prior to my wedding date, I looked online and had some sketchy people contact me that couldn't even spell my name correctly. They all looked like self-made DJ's and were undercharging by so much, that it seemed suspicious. I was recommended TKO by a friend of mine who recently got married and she told me that her guests couldn't stop raving about her DJ and they kept dancing all night long. I knew that if I wanted a quality night, I needed a DJ that could be the MC and could keep everything organized.

When I met with TKO I was taken away by their professionalism, their years of experience, as well as the actual quality of the equipment. They definitely didn't look like your high school boyfriend with a laptop on a fold-out table. Their sound systems were solid, took up the entire front of the stage, with clean sound that didn't echo throughout the entire room or resonate weirdly. They were even able to demonstrate the dance experience for me by turning their demo room into a club-like atmosphere and showing me what the music would sound like with the appropriate transitions, the fog, and the dance lights!

I booked them!

The day of my wedding was amazing. I had Bob, who took care of everything, lined up the wedding party, took control of the day's events ( which get so hectic) and put me at ease. He made sure we had a great flow of events, and was extremely professional and organized. He took all the requests and kept the guests dancing through midnight! (we started at 6 pm!!) He really had control of the crowd and he kept us all laughing! He was very outgoing, funny, and not cheesy at all! ( which is very important)
    I wouldn't pick anyone else!
    The bottom line is, you get what you pay for. If someone seems too cheap, or sketchy, then their service probably is. Choosing TKO to DJ my wedding was the best decision ever.

Sent on 07/16/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/25/2014

Our DJ (Jordan) was perfect and everyone was so impressed with the music! The cues went very well and they were very helpful with the flow of the event!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Cathy · Married on 02/15/2014

When a daughter grows up, the most important gift a parent can give her is her Wedding Day. Thank you Ted, for helping make Bridget and Dino's wedding reception perfect. Everyone loved, loved, loved the music, the up-lighting, and the light show. TKO won the Gold Medal for entertainment. It was amazing!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Brianne · Married on 10/19/2013

Our TKO DJ, Bob, did an absolutely amazing job. The folks at TKO were always responsive to emails when I had questions and made sure they were on the ball for everything for our wedding reception. They did a great job keeping everything on schedule and keeping the energy up. The music choices were great and kept everyone out on the dance floor from the first dance all the way until our reception ended at midnight! They really did a great job and I would recommend their services to anyone looking for a great DJ with great energy.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Nicole · Married on 07/20/2013

TKO Entertainment was amazing! They had the crowd going all night! They even played a couple extra songs at the end, since no one wanted to leave. Great, memorable night!!!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Amber · Married on 04/13/2013

TKO came highly recommended to us by one of the members in our bridal party. Since my husband and I LOVE to dance and have a good time, it was important to us to have people up on the dance floor the whole night. Our DJs definitely accomplished this and played music that everyone loved. They even took a special request that we had. They also provided uplighting behind the head table and party lighting for the dance floor.

Sent on 05/27/2013
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 07/14/2012

Amazing!! They had everyone dancing the whole time! The DJ was so easy to work with and very professional around my guests. He was very careful to take direction from only my husband and I. We highly recommend TKO for any important event.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Ashleigh · Married on 12/10/2011

Literally AMAZING! Ted and his crew are the best in the business! I work at a bridal shop so I know many different vendors, and literally no one comes close to comparing to them. Ted was so helpful with everything! He provided the best music, an awesome light show, and beautiful uplighting, and even a lighted name monogram! We continue to receive the highest compliments from all of our guests about our wedding, and TKO plays a huge role in that! Our guests danced the entire night! One of my best friends used TKO for her wedding in September, and we had the time of our lives. Any event that I have been to that TKO has done has literally been so much fun. I have already highly recommended them to any bride that has walked into my store, and to ALL of my friends! I could probably write a book on here about how impressed my husband and I are with Ted and his business :) Your wedding will not be complete unless TKO is there! :) I wish I could give you guys a million stars!! Thank you for EVERYTHING :)

Sent on 01/06/2012

Bridget · Married on 07/09/2011

TKO was AMAZING! I was referred to them by my brother who used them for his wedding and they were awesome there as well as amazing at mine! I was nervous at first when I was not going to have Ted (the head DJ) on my wedding day, I had John and he was phenominal! He did everything I asked and more! Even handled some of my not so friendly intoxicated guests very professionaly. I would reccomed TKO to any bride who's main focus is to have a good time with their guests and dance the night away!

Sent on 07/29/2011

Carolyn · Married on 09/04/2010

TKO was awesome. We booked from out of state and it couldn't have been easier. Ted asked us a few things about ourselves and worked with us on everything we wanted. His brother was our DJ and we couldn't have had anyone better. The dance floor was packed all night and they really provided a great music variety to keep everyone happy and having an aweseome time. The guests even chanted for them not to wrap up the night because they were having so much fun. We would definately recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/27/2010

Rachel · Married on 07/31/2010

TKO was awesome!!! Ted did a fantastic jogb with our wedding, he was totally professional and fun at the same time. I've had soo many people ask about him since our wedding. I could never have asked for a better DJ and will def use them in the future for any parties and reccomend them to anyone I know!

Sent on 08/18/2010

Renee · Married on 07/24/2010

TKO was awesome! Jordan was so great to work with. Even my parents were so excited to have TKO as a part of our wedding! The music list was very broad, so all of our guests got to enjoy themselves. However, they were still able to fulfill my own requests. They definitely kept the party going! Both of our DJs were very personable and easy to get along with. Both myself and my groom really enjoyed getting to know them! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/13/2010

Annamae · Married on 07/10/2010

As parents of the bride my husband and I wanted all aspects of the wedding to go off without a hitch. We (parents AND bridal couple) wanted everyone to have a marvelous time and dance the night away. It all happened seamlessly! TKO arranged a novel entry for the large bridal party at the request of the bride and groom, created a special arrangement for the bride and her father AND played everything from requested Irish dancing music to current hits! Every time I looked at the dance floor it was packed! They calmed worries and handled everyone who approached them in a professional manner. My advice to brides and grooms and their parents... HIRE THEM!

Sent on 07/17/2010

Leland · Married on 10/17/2009

Our wedding was amazing in no small part thanks to Ted and TKO Entertainment. At first my wife and I were reluctant to hire a DJ at all since we had both been to so many weddings where the DJ was cheesy and played the same tired old wedding songs, but we were referred to Ted through some friends of ours and he made us feel instantly comfortable. We gave him a list of songs we wanted and a bigger list of stuff we didn't want and they did an amazing job of accommodating us. The DJ's were professional and friendly and really paid attention to all the small details. They were excellent at reading the mood of the room and adjusting the music on the fly to keep people engaged, and their light and sound system were top notch too. Our wedding was a month ago and we are still getting compliments about it. We all had a wonderful time and much of that is due to the all-around professionalism of TKO. A DJ really can make or break a wedding reception and in retrospect we feel so lucky to have discovered them. I can't overstate that enough and it was truly a bargain.

Sent on 11/20/2009

Jackie · Married on 10/16/2009

From the moment we met them, we knew they'd be a vendor we'd be comfortable working with! A+ all the way! They followed our guidance as far as the music we selected, as well as integrated their expertise to make the night a hit! Dance floor was packed til the bitter end with guests of every age! Would highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 11/11/2009

Chris · Married on 10/10/2009

very good. had everyone dancing. everyone enjoyed the music selection. thanks for providing the best night of our lives.

Sent on 10/14/2009

Cynthia · Married on 09/18/2009

Our DJ was incredible for our wedding. Kept the entire dance floor full and played everything we wanted and was very flexible with what we wanted. He made sure that we were happy and that was his main concern. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asked. Thanks again

Sent on 05/19/2010

Meghan · Married on 09/12/2009

Ted (the owner) and his assistant DJ'd our wedding. He was nothing but professional. Everything was perfect! The dance floor was packed till the end! TKO is worth every penny!

Sent on 10/08/2009

Kelsey · Married on 03/14/2009

The TKO team did a fantastic job of coordinating all the music at our wedding. They had a lot of song suggestion sheets for us to look through when trying to find the perfect song for each event at the reception, and gave us tons of opportunity to tell them exactly what music we did (and did NOT) want played at our reception. Most importantly, they really set the tone for the reception by picking different music for the dinner, special dances, and partying aspects of the evening. They were friendly and outgoing enough to get everyone on the dance floor, and, most importantly didn't have that loud, overbearing feel of many DJs I've seen at other weddings. They made our event classy, fun, and the best party of the year.

Sent on 11/19/2009

Erica · Married on 09/13/2008

The dj was very professional and made sure everything ran smoothly at the reception. They made us cds of the music played to take home, which we loved.

Sent on 10/18/2008

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2007

Highly recommend TKO!!! We have been to many weddings and school functions that featured TKO for music needs, and we knew immediately that we would hire them for our wedding. TKO is a professional entertainment business that took all of the elements we provided/incorporated into our reception and carried them out as we specified! TKO played the music we requested and did not play the music we did not want. We really felt as though it was OUR night because TKO helped shape it to be so.

Sent on 11/12/2007