60 Reviews for TKO Entertainment DJs (Cleveland / Akron)

Do-Not-Play List (6)
MC (6)
Microphones (6)
Consultation (5)
Sound/PA System (5)
Uplighting (5)
Disco Ball (1)
60 TKO Entertainment DJs (Cleveland / Akron) Reviews

My husband and I are very happy that we booked TKO for our wedding. Our DJs, Mark and Mike, were very patient with us and asked us if we needed anything throughout the night. They played all the songs we requested them to play and didn't play anything we didn't want played. My husband and I would highly recommend the uplighting, as it looking amazing! We would highly recommend TKO!

Profile Picture Hannah, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
4.7

Ted (the owner) and Ed were great! We had many compliments. Up lighting and ceremony was included in our package which isn't always the case even for TKO. They were worth every penny! They catered to our requests and made our guests get up and dance without having to force them on the dance floor. I highly recommend Ted and his crew at TKO.

Profile Picture User6087178, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We LOVED TKO! We would suggest them to anyone and everyone we know looking fro a DJ. Extremely professional and organized! They took good care of us!

Profile Picture User6201006, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

TKO kept the party going all night long without alienating any group of people, which is pretty impressive with 200 guests. They played a wide variety of music and the light show and fog machine were a great touch. Ted and his team were super organized and answered all our questions quickly. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wow - they did a fabulous job for our daughter's wedding. Set up was professional and the DJ was terrific. Handled all the introductions and special moments just the way we wanted, and the music was AWESOME all night long. I have never been to a wedding with a fuller dance floor all night long! Thanks so much!!!

Profile Picture Lynn, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used TKO for our wedding DJ this May and they were fantastic. Everything went smoothly -- introductions, toasts, cake cutting, first dance, etc. Most importantly, everyone had so much fun!! Our guests danced the entire night until we had to kick them out -- I think that's the sign of a successful party! :) I also appreciated how professional they were -- there was no cheesy commentary, and Ted was extremely organized leading up to the wedding. He called me to make sure he had all of our song requests correct and to make sure he could pronounce everyone's name in the bridal party. Thank you TKO!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/13/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

TKO has been more than helpful with us in planning our wedding! Ted has been extremely responsive via email or phone and gives you the best price possible for such great service. He even referred me to a photo-booth rental company and stressed that he will handle all of the minor details the day of the wedding. I highly recommend them! I've seen them at other weddings and events and they get everyone on the dance floor!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding DJs were fabulous. Kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. Work closely with us to personalize the reception.

Profile Picture Dana, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

TKO DJ'ed for our wedding on 9/10/16. They've DJ'ed at several family weddings on my husband's side throughout the years, so we were already pretty familiar with them when we started planning our own wedding. Ted was very easy to get into contact with throughout the whole planning process and gave us a great price. There was never a moment throughout our reception where the dance floor wasn't packed with people. They're great at what they do and at getting people up on the floor and moving. I'd 100% recommend them!

Profile Picture lisa, 9/10/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My husband and I are thrilled that we had TKO as or wedding DJ! Ted is absolutely fantastic, truly knows how to successfully MC a reception and kept the energy going all night. We were confident in hiring TKO and completely satisfied with their work! The lighting was perfect creating the atmosphere, the song list was exactly as we had planned and friends & family complimented on how much fun our wedding reception was. We highly recommend TKO as they are professional, energetic and a valuable investment towards your special day!
~Kendra M.

Profile Picture Kendra, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

TKO team was absolutely amazing! They were so organized and they're really good at what they do. We were so happy having them as our DJ. We had many compliments from our guests and we were thankful that the team made our wedding so fun.

Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Fransiska, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding day was truly magical for us and we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. Ted and the TKO team was very organized and professional. The ceremony went so smoothly and everyone could hear our every word. Jordan as the MC did such a tasteful job and your team did an amazing job with the dance mix. I’ve never seen so many people of all ages stay on the dance floor until last call. It was crazy - all of our guests were raving about the DJ! We definitely recommend TKO to anyone who loves dancing and wants to have an amazing time. The will keep all age groups engaged for the entirety of your wedding - we promise :). They were just wonderful and also very accommodating to our requests!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

TKO was the best DJ!!! They played a mixture of music which kept our guests involved and on the dance floor! Would def recommend!!! Are uplighting set the tone of our wedding! Couldnt of asked for anything better!

Profile Picture User5290055, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Amazing entertainers. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Ted even went above and beyond and made a special mix for my dad and I to dance to!

Profile Picture Theresa, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We very much appreciated TKO's professionalism, kindness and talent. TKO is definitely the service to to keep your event elegant while providing a great time for your guests. Their top of the line equipment provides outstanding sound and presentation. They also partnered seamlessly with our other vendors. The perfect DJ service to enhance your celebration. I sincerely recommend this vendor.

Profile Picture Todd, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

TKO you outdid yourselves! Being a music buff and lover of a good dance party, I searched high and low for DJs in the Cleveland area for our wedding. I contacted about 10 DJs and I am so glad I went with TKO. Ted was great from our first phone call, he was very professional and I knew he wasn't at all that cliche cheesy DJ. He made planning from the Chicago area very easy.

Now on to the actual wedding... WOW, did TKO deliver. I gave them a suggestion of songs for my ceremony and I got SO many compliments on the flow of the music. Cocktail hour and dinner music was also superb. The dance party was on point. The dance floor was packed the entire night and I personally never wanted to leave it! The guests couldn't stop raving about the music. It was exactly what I wanted at my wedding and more! The uplighting added elegance to the room and dance floor effects set the mood for us to party.

And an added bonus, Ted gave me CDs with all the music played!

Thank you Ted and Everyone at TKO! You rock!

Profile Picture Allie, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We planned our wedding from Boston, so were really pleased when Ted from TKO could skype with us at our convenience... (we had DJ's who could only do that during regular business hours). Our favorite thing on the skype was when Ted did a mock intro bit to our wedding and we felt like we knew exactly what we were hiring. That, combined with his excellent communication throughout, made me feel like I didn't need to worry too much during the planning stage. He had really good prep paperwork for us, with all the music options and slots for what we needed. Then, on the day of, they were perfect! All set up, playing just what we wanted, at the right levels from dinner throughout the evening. They kept me on schedule so that we did all the things at the right time. EVERYONE loved them and they were also great dinner guests!! We had guests from all over the continental US and so many complimented us on the music, specifically. I remember one said she had been to a wedding recently and was so disappointed because there was nothing good to dance to, whereas at ours she barely got off the dance floor! Another couple said we were better than a grand wedding they went to in Scotland. I would recommend them without hesitation. And, I really appreciated the cd with our wedding music they gave us as a wedding present -- that was a really nice touch! Thanks, guys : )

Profile Picture User5070634, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John and Ed had people on the dance floor all night long! They were highly recommended by many people, as well as our catering site (Brennan's) and we couldn't be more pleased with their attention to detail, musical selections (the age range of our audience was accommodated) and their humor! There wasn't a ton of talk...just great music...and a lot of it!!! I received nothing but compliments in regards to how well they did! All songs that were "must play songs," were played at great points in the night! Music was very important to us and every moment our reception will be remembered!

Profile Picture Robin, 12/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ted and TKO Entertainment were amazing for our wedding! Ted had us over to his place for an amazing demo, which was so much fun I wanted to dance right then and there! Before the wedding he had a bunch of great questionnaires and music ideas to help us get thinking about what style of music we wanted. The day of our wedding he did ceremony music, reception music, and even a complete second setup at our wedding after-party! The ceremony music sounded great, no issues with sound quality. He got our guests excited for our reception, and really helped the evening flow from introductions to speeches to dances and bouquet/garter toss seamlessly. I didn't feel like I had to stress at all about when we would do what. Ted was always in good spirits, never pressing us, and still got the job done. I can also really appreciate how hard it can be for DJ's to read a crowd and get them going when it comes to dancing. They did a great job getting people on the floor and keeping them there. Plus, their lighting and smoke special effects were so incredible, I was dancing in it the entire time and it felt so awesome! Same thing for our after-party: their lighting effects and great sound made for a great time, I don't think I left the dance floor all night! I am thoroughly impressed how they handled our event, it certainly wasn't the most straight forward with 3 different setups between the ceremony site, reception site, and after-party site. I would definitely recommend others to call up Ted and meet him for a consultation. We felt so excited and confident with TKO after our first meeting, we knew we wouldn't have to stress about it during the wedding. What a fun, professional, and amazing vendor! Thank you TKO!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/12/14, 1 Review
1.4

Review by father of the Bride

TKO arrived approximately 1-1/2 hours prior to the reception. I informed the two DJ's that a party tray is provided for them and the other vendors and whenever they would like to eat before they get started, I will have the staff serve them.

I was told by TKO that "we don't eat party trays" I was also told that "we get served hot meals and eat when you eat"

My comment to TKO was "there is a party tray for you and the other vendors and you are welcome to eat whenever you want".

Shortly after our conversation, my two son's (groomsmen) came to me and said my daughter (the Bride) was very upset because TKO came on the limo bus and gave her crap about not getting a hot meal and she (the Bride) was in fear that TKO was angry and would ruin her wedding.

In an effort to calm my daughter’s fears, I ordered hot meals for TKO. I then informed TKO that they will get there hot meals and if they have any other complaints, concerns or request, they are to come to me or the father of the Groom.

This behavior was unprofessional, arrogant and rude.

When you calculate the cost to hire TKO, make sure you include them in your head count, the same way you count your guest.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Rob, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great DJ that threw a fun party. He did our reception and ceremony and we were very pleased. Everyone had a great time

Profile Picture User4054326, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was referred to TKO by a friend of a friend who also used TKO as their DJ last year. I couldn't have been more pleased with their service. Ted's DJ, John, was so very professional and accommodating. Almost like he was my "wedding planner" for the night of my reception! I let TKO choose the music they felt would be good and my guests danced the night away!! I would HIGHLY recommend TKO for any special occasion. I promise they will make it a GREAT time!

Profile Picture Regina, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ted from TKO was our wedding DJ, and I can't speak highly enough of him and his company. He was very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable during our meetings prior to the big day. I was unsure about using uplighting in our event space. He brought lights with him to a meeting we had prior to the wedding to show us what it would look like. It was classy, subtle, and enhanced the beauty of the evening.
We used an unusual mix of music for our ceremony. He found all the songs, and the transitions were seamless. Based on our suggestions of favorites and styles of music, he played great songs during cocktail hour. When the dancing started, our guests were on the dance floor non-stop! I could not be happier that we were able to book him, and we look forward to using TKO Entertainment again in the future.

Profile Picture Erica, 9/5/14, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were extremely happy with our choice to use DJ TKO for our most special day. TKO really made the flow of our wedding reception go flawlessly. Ted & Vince were both absolutely professional the entire night, and the music selection was excellent. We received a lot compliments from our guests for the music and the uplighting. We would definitely recommend TKO to anyone, and we plan to use TKO for our 25th anniversary party as well!

Profile Picture Anne, 8/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Ted from TKO and had such a wonderful experience. He DJ'd at our wedding and also husband's sisters wedding, which was two months before ours. He did a great job at both weddings! He took the time to know what type of music we liked and was very good about reading the crowd and keeping everyone on the dance floor. I am hispanic and my husband is Italian. Ted did a great job of playing both types of music and everyone really enjoyed themselves!

He was professional and communicated with us in a timely manner throughout the whole process.

We would highly recommend Ted and TKO for any of our friends weddings!

Profile Picture User3506446, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews