Timothy S. Hopkins Catering Reviews

40 Reviews for Timothy S. Hopkins Catering

• F

Frances De Lacvivier · Married on 07/27/2019

Wedding Perfection

We have hired Timothy Hopkins Catering for both of my daughter's weddings. Both time the food was delicious and the service was exemplary. The staff is is very hard working and very personable. There is never a flaw. Bravo!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review, Fanny! We LOVE catering for you!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/05/2019

Best Caterer Ever!

My husband and I worked with Sarah from THC, and we could not have been more pleased with our choice. Guests have been nonstop talking about the cocktail hour, and said they will be talking about it for years to come because it was the best they have ever experienced. Definitely the best Hors d'oeuvres on the planet!

Sarah was an absolute pleasure to work with and always went above and beyond. The entire waitstaff and bartenders were incredibly kind and accommodating. Everything looked and tasted amazing!

If you want a wedding that people will never stop talking about for years, do yourself a favor and go with Timothy Hopkins Catering. Worth every penny!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thanks for all of the kind words, Jennifer! It was a pleasure to cater for you!

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2018

Above and beyond delicious

Tim Hopkins and staff were amazing to work with for our wedding. From putting together an amazing menu (including vegan option), to searching down a vendor who would rent us a dance floor without a tent, Lindsey and the whole team blew away my expectations. And the food was just spectacular- such a treat, from the salad all the way through to the cookies. We are so grateful for everything they did to make the event smooth, fun, and delicious. Thank you to the whole team!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Samantha · Married on 08/26/2018

Timothy Hopkins catering was the best choice I have ever made! I would not recommend anyone but them to cater your event. They were so kind and extremely helpful. I feel like they care so much about what they do and it shows.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Lissy · Married on 08/18/2018

delicious food! very easy to work with!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Kimberly · Married on 07/28/2018

Best food ever! Honestly the most talked about detail about my wedding. Everyone and I mean everyone raved about the food and still to this day! My friends and family said this was not your typical wedding food and made my wedding a stand out! They also said how kind the staff was and Sita my coordinator was amazing.
    The food was so good all my family is going to use them for any future events.

TRUST ME THEY ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST!

Sent on 09/04/2018

J · Married on 06/02/2018

Dozens upon dozens of our friends & family commented at some point during our wedding weekend about how AMAZING the food was - in fact, the overwhelming commentary, unprovoked, was that we had the best food that anybody has ever had at a wedding! The hors d'oeuvres were gourmet, the delicious dinner stations never ran low on food, the desserts were decadent, and the late night snack was set upon by ravenous party goers who couldn't get enough. The service was amazing - such attentive servers and workers, and the office staff was so helpful as we navigated the planning process leading up to the big day. Tim is a super nice guy who made feel welcome in his test kitchen at our tasting and even came out to speak with my bride's father, who was so overwhelmed by the quality of the food, he demanded to see the chef in person to give his compliments. You WILL NOT regret hiring this catering company.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Katherine · Married on 09/16/2017

So unbelievably amazing. The Tim Hopkins team has and does it all. The service, the FOOD! We keep hearing rave reviews about the hor d'ourves and the dinner food. Everything was perfect!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thanks, Katherine! We really appreciate your kind words!

Jay · Married on 06/10/2017

Can't say enough good things about TSH! They're the best in the business. The food was beyond amazing and we received many compliments. We had an issue with another vendor but Lindsey and TSH stepped in and a major crisis was averted. Most importantly, Lindsey made sure I was fed. :)

Sent on 08/15/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/13/2017

TSH's catering was one of the best parts of our wedding. My now husband and I are big foodies and TSH was the answer to our food dreams. We worked closely with Sita who was amazing. TSH offered so many choices and we ended up choosing stations so our guests would have choices. We also had the best passed hors d'oeuvres I think I have ever tried. We heard nothing but praise about our food at the wedding and are so thankful to Sita and her team. Sita was wonderful and listened to everything we asked and went above and beyond. The catering staff that worked the actual wedding were amazing and attentive and everyone enjoyed themselves. Thank you to everyone!!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thanks, Brittany, for this awesome review! We hope you are enjoying married life!

Phoebe · Married on 11/05/2016

This team was friendly, professional and accommodating from the minute we started chatting until wrapping up final details following our wedding day. They went above and beyond to ensure the bride and groom were taken care of. But beyond all that, their FOOD. Their food is simply the best. I've been fortunate enough to experience it both at my own wedding and many other events and it has never disappointed, never even comes close! Their menus are customizable, innovative and DELICIOUS. Five stars all around.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Allison · Married on 08/20/2016

Timothy Hopkins was beyond helpful in the planning process, the truly went above and beyond. Since the wedding the food is all people can talk about!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for the glowing review! We really appreciate it!

Andrea · Married on 07/30/2016

We are so fortunate to have had our wedding reception catered by Hopkins. They were responsive and attentive to our needs and made absolutely sure that they accounted for every allergy in our party. They were flexible in that they allowed you to create a menu (stationary and passed appetizers, family style salads, plated meals) so that you aren’t forced into a menu as other places require. Aside from their incredible attention to detail, their food was absolutely amazing. Our guests were raving about how delicious the food was and its beautiful presentation. On a more practical note, we truly felt that the cost was on par with the portions served. There were an endless amount of appetizers both served and stationed and the meal portions were HUGE. We are very pleased with our experience with Hopkins and highly recommend their services!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a 5 star review! We are blushing!
    We appreciate your business!

Christine · Married on 09/18/2015

I worked in the food industry for many years, and the quality and presentation of the food at our wedding was very important. We met with Britt for a tasting and was blown away by the quality of the food as well as the diversity of the offerings. We chose them immediately to cater our wedding and we couldn't be more pleased with our decision. The food at our wedding was spectacular, from our cocktail hour and the many passed hors d'oeurvres (which were delicious!!) to the seated dinner where the food was beautifully presented, using the freshest of ingredients that were delicious. I heard several guests remark that the food was incredible, and that it is unusual to have that kind of quality served at a wedding. We would HIGHLY recommend Britt and TS for any occasion

Sent on 11/14/2015

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for this wonderful review. It is especially nice to know that a fellow food professional appreciated our team efforts!
    The TSH Catering Crew

Tim Hopkins Catering did an amazing job catering the dinner for my daughters September 2015 wedding. It was an outside venue with no kitchen; THC brought everything in. They provided us with a cocktail hour full of unique, delicious and interestingly presented hors d'œuvre’s followed by a gourmet, perfectly prepared and presented (and did I say hot?) meal with finesse and professionalism. They integrated themselves seamlessly into our venue. We are still hearing wonderful comments about how delicious the food was.
    From start to finish: inquiry, tastings, site visits and execution TSH was superb. Their creative and unique menu suggestions allowed us to serve an interesting selection that suited all our guests, including those with dietary restrictions. We were delighted with TSH and highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/05/2016

Timothy Hopkins catered our wedding at the Hellenic Center and it was absolutely one of the best parts of the wedding. All of my guests were commenting on how great the food was, especially the passed apps.
    My fiance and I decided to do a north/south theme for the food, so we had one station with southern comfort food and one with northern fare. There was so much food that all the guests could find something they liked, and go back for seconds!
    Sita was our event coordinator and she was amazing. When we told her about our idea she was very excited and helped us to pick out a fun and balanced menu. She even set up a private food tasting that included our desired menu.
    Some of my favorites from the menu: Passed apps: lobster quesadillas, arancini's, mini grilled cheese. Food stations: mini BBQ pulled chicken skewers, mini lobster rolls, southern succotash, mac and cheese.
    Everything was so great and I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Amy · Married on 09/05/2015

TSH Catering went above and beyond for my wedding. The quality of food and service was excellent and really made our wedding day memorable. All guests were raving about the food after our wedding. Thanks again, TSH!

Sent on 09/17/2015

With their great reputation in the area, choosing Tim Hopkins as the caterer for our August 2015 wedding at The Crane Estate in Ipswich, MA was an easy decision. The process working with Tim's team & our event manager, Britt Cole, was very easy and fun! We booked THC for both our rehearsal dinner (buffet dinner) and wedding (plated dinner). The groom's family (who hosted the rehearsal) live in Europe, so THC was very accommodating allowing us to have a mini-tasting of the appetizers when they were visiting MA almost a year before the wedding & a more standard tasting of our main dishes closer to our big day. The tastings were both amazing & felt like little special events with our families in the THC kitchen!

Britt was very responsive and thorough answering any questions we had. With the groom from Germany & the bride from MA, we wanted to incorporate some appetizer versions of our favorite German foods (ie. mini pretzels, brats, schnitzel, etc.) & nautical New England favorites (ie. mini lobster rolls). Britt helped us put together a menu that was very well balanced with creative/unique dishes & standard crowd pleasers. In addition to creating the perfect menu, Britt also helped us pick some fun rental items (linens, flatware, etc.) and was a great source of knowledge, recommending some other awesome wedding vendors to us.

We were told early on that Tim Hopkins is known for their cocktail hour... They did not disappoint!!! We had a food editor from NYC and a lot of "foodie" Californians among our guests, they all raved about both the taste and the presentation of the appetizers, saying it was some of the best food they have ever had at a wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2015

Tim and his team, especially Britt, were incredible to work with. My family and I met the group while visiting the Crane Estate's annual wedding vendor expo. We could tell right off the bat that Tim was so passionate about his food.

Once we decide to book TSH, Britt was our main point-person - and she was amazing. She was really knowledgeable about the food and had great suggestions to make our wedding appetizers and meals really well-rounded. She was always a trusted voice during our conversations.

The whole team prepared an incredible tasting for us - allowing us to taste all our appetizers, all of our main dishes, dessert and wine. Being in Tim's kitchen really solidified our excitement to work with the whole team.

And then the main event... My husband and I were married just over three weeks ago in Ipswich, MA. It happened to be the night of an epic summer thunderstorm. Halfway through cocktail hour, a huge bolt of lightening struck the Estate where our reception was being held and knocked out all the power. Rather than panic, Britt came right up to me assured me and my husband that they'd do everything they could to still make the evening a success - and they couldn't have pulled through any stronger!

Not only did they hand light the massive gas ovens/stoves in the kitchen, but by candlelight, they prepared the most amazing food. Our guests are still talking about how perfectly the filet was served. Everything was brought out on schedule and hot for our guests to enjoy. I have no idea how the chefs and servers managed to prepare and serve a wedding of 165 people by candlelight - they were incredible.

I HIGHLY recommend TSH - not only for their incredible food, but for their ability to pretty much pull off a seamless event despite even the craziest circumstances!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review! We really appreciate it!

The TSH Team

We hired Tim after trying samples from nine different caterers at a bridal show. His food is outstanding, and he completely customized a menu for us according to our vision. Tim was there to guide us through our tasting, and the food on the night of the wedding was just as incredible. He also has some amazing people working for him who answered all of my questions, multiple times a day. I can't recommend enough!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thank you for all of your nice comments. We really appreciate it!

Courtney · Married on 08/30/2013

Their food is outstanding!!! I can't tell you how many guests continue to talk about the food, even weeks after the wedding. I continue to hear comments like, "I never remember wedding food but your meal was one of the best ones I've had" or "the appetizers were amazing and there were sooo many of them" and " I wish I asked for a doggie bag, it was that good".

Sent on 09/10/2013

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review, Courtney!

Everyone raved about the food!! We went with stations and the selection was fantastic. We specifically worked with Sita and Leslie and they were very professional, friendly and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Timothy Hopkins (and specifically Sita and Leslie) to anyone looking for delicious food and an overall great experience!,

Sent on 07/29/2013

Deborah · Married on 05/28/2012

My daughter and her fiancee went to different caterers to sample their selections. Both being major "foodies" who watch the cooking shows and like to cook for each other, they had definite ideas about what they wanted. When they spent time with Tim Hopkins catering, they were in heaven. They found creative and different, (not the usual) appetizers, entrees and desserts. This man is loaded with off the chart ideas. As to be expected, our guests could not stop talking......about the range and scope of tasty treats, from little heart shaped beet appetizers to, mini hamburg and hot dog sliders and sweet potato fries right at the end, little ice cream cones and milk and cookies. And just when you thought it might end, something more came around. My daughter and her husband were thrilled with everything as all of our guests were. Most said they had never, ever seen anything like it. Thank you Tim and crew!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review! We work really hard to make our weddings perfect and it's nice to know you noticed! Have a wonderful summer!

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2011

We hired Timothy S. Hopkins Catering for 3 events over our wedding weekend (Groom's dinner, reception & Sunday brunch). Paul was amazing to work with and was so helpful to me as a bride who was planning a wedding in MA from Minnesota. Paul was always on top of the details and helped with logistics that we knew nothing about. People raved about the food all weekend from the simple bbq for the Groom's dinner to the fabulous appetizers at the reception to the classy brunch on Sunday. Our only complaint is that we didn't get to try enough of the apps since we immediately went into socializing. We (and our guests) were so impressed with the professionalism of the staff - anytime someone needed something, they immediately took care of it. Everything was elegant and classy but without being pretentious. We'd highly recommend TSH!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Jane · Married on 08/27/2011

our daughters wedding was this past weekend 8/27/11.Despite hurricane Irene the wedding was even better than anticipated.The appetizers ,food and attention by staff was outstanding.People are still calling and commenting how great the food was.We did a wine pour in lieu of open bar and everyone really liked that.We cannot say enough about how impressed we were with this caterer.Advice to the bride and groom ...do your photos before the ceremony like our family did.This is such a great cocktail hour with fabulous appetizers that you do not want to miss it having pictures done.Thank you Timothy S. Hopkins Catering for being part of our special day!

Sent on 08/30/2011