Timothy Davis Reviews

Timothy Davis 5
Timothy Davis 6
Timothy Davis 7

Brandon Neal · Married on 08/21/2019

Friendly pro, great MC with a nice voice!

What a great wedding musician/ DJ/ MC! Tim played at our wedding at Ragged Point in August of 2019 and did a fantastic job. From the beginning he was communicative via email, did an impromptu call with us to get on the same page, followed-up with questions, etc. On the day of the event, he was early to arrive and setup, came with all of the pro equipment needed, and executed flawlessly. Many of our guests commented on how nice his voice and guitar sounded and we agreed! He also seamlessly went back-and-forth between playing live and DJing, without any of the abrupt transitions I've seen at other weddings- it was really, really smooth! He was able to feel out the crowd's mood to play just the right song at just the right time. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Tim!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Maddie S · Married on 07/06/2019

Amaaaaaazzing!

Timothy is seriously the best! He was super professional and easy to work with. We had an interracial wedding so we wanted to make sure we had music that everyone would enjoy. We chose to have him sing/play guitar during portions of our wedding day and play pre-recorded songs to dance to. Every song he played during our reception was a hit and people were on the dance floor all night. Our friends and family texted us several days after our wedding and kept commenting specifically on how much they loved our DJ. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Christine · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing talent

Such an amazing talent!! Tim was professional, friendly, and his voice is just incredible! He played ukulele and guitar for our ceremony, sang our first dance song and then absolutely ROCKED the dance floor! The dance floor was full all night long!! Such an amazing party and it is all thanks to Tim! Can not recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Richard

Richard Martinez · Married on 10/21/2018

Simply Wowed our Guests!

We contracted Tim Davis to perform various songs off his repertoire and a few songs not listed to include two Spanish songs for our wedding date. Hands down our guests were amazed that Tim Davis hit every note perfectly on his guitar and his vocals were spot on. He is a one man show! He excels at playing the piano, guitar, singing and much more. Tim is a pleasure to work with; days after our wedding, multiple friends and family were still raving about his singing!

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Timothy Davis 8
    Timothy Davis 9
    Timothy Davis 10
    Timothy Davis 11
    Timothy Davis 12

Mike · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing musician and DJ and overall great guy!

I don’t even know where to start..wow! Timothy was amazing. First of all, Tim as a singing musician, was magnificent. His voice was amazing and quality of everything was perfect. Honestly there were times when I couldn’t tell he was even signing because I thought it was the real song. Timothy the DJ was the exact same. The quality of his equipment and music, he read the crowd and kept the dance floor full. He was easy to work with and nicely handled all of our requests with patience and steered us in the right direction when we needed it. He even brought some of his own lights for our dance floor to add that extra flare. We will happily recommend him to anyone looking for a singing musician and/or DJ. We really could not have asked for anything or anyone better. Thank you Timothy.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

I am a Destination Wedding Planner that had the privilege of working side by side with Timothy! Words cannot describe how much of a talented guitarist he is! He has such a flawless voice, his music gave us all chills! It is so unique that he is able to sing and dj, what more can you ask for! His professionalism and welcome presence was the icing on the cake! You cannot go wrong with this awesome hardworking guy!

- Jessica Jenelle of Jessica J Events

Sent on 07/31/2018

Alix · Married on 09/15/2018

Great experience!

Working with Tim was simple and such a joy! I knew our wedding would be in good hands and I was right. He did an incredible job filling in the gaps on songs I had a hard time choosing, and made sure the event ran smoothly and the dance floor was packed the entire night! Would highly recommend Tim to anyone!

• Sarah

Sarah Rabbon · Married on 09/03/2018

The perfect DJ/live musician for your wedding.

From the beginning, Tim was the perfect person to work with. He called us and walked us through each component of our wedding to choose the perfect songs. We loved that we were able to work closely with him and that he gave us his time to talk about what we envisioned for our wedding day.

We hired Tim as our reception DJ, for playing live music at our cocktail hour , and for managing the audio for our ceremony. He was able to work with us so that my sister and one of our friends could play for our ceremony, this he orchestrated flawlessly and it turned out even better than I imagined it would! Additionally, I gave Tim a list of songs he could play before the ceremony started and he ended up learning all of these beautiful Christian songs to play on his guitar at dinner. I loved his amazing voice and a joyful style of playing.

The most memorable part of working with Tim was our first dance. My husband and I danced to Ed Sheeran’s “Thinking Out Loud” and Tim had talked about potentially playing it live for us. We never really brought it up again before the wedding so we expected to be dancing to a recording. Only a few minutes before the first dance he asked our wedding coordinator if we would like him to play it live and we thought it would be fun! We were astonished that he knew the song by heart and has learned so many songs for this purpose. It was gorgeous and we both agree that our first dance was so much more romantic because of what he did for us.

Tim is talented, personable, flexible, professional, and an overall wonderful musician to work with. People at our wedding loved his music choices for dancing and were in awe with his live music. I would recommend Timothy Davis to any couple looking for a musician for their wedding.

Janell · Married on 09/01/2018

Awesome singer and dj!

Tim was awesome and came to the Bay Area for my wedding! He did both DJ and sang at our wedding and did an awesome job! He sang when I came down the aisle and it was just as I had envisioned and he sounded even better live than his online clips. Pre wedding he answered all my questions and met with us a few times to make sure we were all on the same page. Day of he was fantastic. He brought uplights and all his equipment and was on time. During cocktail hour we had a medical emergency and he was able to direct the crowd to the reception and get help for the person! I was so thankful for him and his professionalism to help the wedding stay on track. His dj skills were great and he kept the crowd dancing all night long! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Peter Larsen · Married on 08/04/2018

Wedding August 4th 2018

My wife and I got married in Aug 2018. We hire Tim Davis to provide the Music for our wedding. We picked out songs that we like and boy did he deliver. Tim did a great job show up on time and was very friendly. I would defiantly hire Tim again 100% customer satisfaction.

• I

Ian · Married on 04/21/2018

Timothy is a pro.

We lucked out so much by finding him. We were thinking we would need to hire multiple people and equipment for what we wanted for our wedding, but Timothy was everything in one package.

He brought his own equipment (lighting, speakers, microphones, etc), did sound checks with the officiant, MC'd the entire night, played live music, sang, and was the DJ for the reception. My wife, myself, and all of our guests were blown away.

We couldn't ask for a better and more professional person to be a part of our wedding.

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Timothy Davis 13
    Timothy Davis 14
    Timothy Davis 15

Hayley · Married on 03/31/2018

Timothy and Bree are OUTSTANDING! They sang live at our ceremony, cocktail hour and for our first dance, and then DJ'ed for the reception. Their voices were amazing and blew us away! It made our wedding day so special to hand pick songs and have someone perform them live. Their selection of songs is huge and so diverse. They also learned two new songs in only a few days! Timothy was prompt, professional and fun to work with! I recommend Timothy and Bree to everyone i know getting married. They are amazing!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Nicole · Married on 03/10/2018

Tim was fantastic all around. He was an amazing find and we could not have asked for a better wedding singer, dj and mc. Tim worked well with our other vendors and really helped save the day when we had to go to Plan B due to bad weather. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Lara · Married on 03/03/2018

We were so grateful to have found Tim. Not only did he play acoustic and DJ but his voice is amazing! All of our guests enjoyed his singing from our recessional walk to dinner and then DJ'ing on the dance floor. Thank you Tim for making our night unforgettable in the best way! Lara & Sean

Sent on 03/29/2018

Tom · Married on 12/10/2017

We couldn't ask for anyone better. When my wife and I were searching for a musician it was difficult to find someone that fit in our budget, can dj, play guitar, sing, and mc! Timothy Davis was really easy to work with. His responses over email were so quick. He was prepared with any questions we had. He sent over a huge list of songs he could sing and play! We had a song in mind to have him play while we walked down the aisle and he had it! He is so versatile in the many styles and his singing style was perfect for a wedding. All the guests kept complimenting on how awesome he sounded. Many of my friends danced together to his singing and guitar playing. When the DJ set came he was able to read the room and play the perfect song every time. He noticed when we were together on the dance floor and threw on our favorite song to dance to. He was all smiles all night and made us feel he was one of our friends. Just amazing. I would hire him again and again for all my future events!

Sent on 06/24/2018
    Timothy Davis 16
    Timothy Davis 17
    Timothy Davis 18
    Timothy Davis 19

Daniel · Married on 10/14/2017

The whole process of putting on a wedding can be stressful. From the time you say I do you're constantly weighing options - From the flowers to the table runners. But you can rest easy knowing you are in good hands with Tim providing the nights entertainment. The consummate professional almost effortlessly walks your guests through the night; from the ceremony tunes, bridal party introductions, to the dance tunes.

I've been to a lot of wedding's but you don't really take notice of the little things until you have your own. Tim offered so many great suggestions and made us feel comfortable throughout the lead up and on the big day! He has a great voice with a unique tone that allows him to play a wide variety of artists and genres. Rarely you find a guy that can MC, DJ and play live music and is amazing at everyone!

Make you're wedding memorable and leave the guests talking about it long after the last song. Tim's your guy!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Kathleen · Married on 09/30/2017

Tim was recommended to us by my Aunt who has a son that went to school with Tim. BEST RECOMMENDATION EVER! Tim was flexible, accommodating, and original! Our church service was brought to tears with a special request from us. He amazed our family with his hls bilingual abilities! We’ve had several people contact us for tim’s Info! Best Man for the job!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Adam · Married on 09/02/2017

Tim was absolutely amazing to work with. He accommodated all of our requests including learning new songs for our wedding. He was a hit amongst the guests and set the vibe for the night. I would highly recommend him for any event.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Christina · Married on 05/27/2017

Timothy was a fantastic DJ and musician! He made our wedding day so special, he was well prepared and was loved by all! We absolutely loved the the live musical part and would recommend it highly! He is very flexible and goes with the flow of the party and totally saved us when the av system wasn't working at the facility.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Noelle · Married on 05/21/2017

We hired Timothy for our wedding held this past Sunday. He was wonderful and so accommodating. He was able to alter specifics last minute when needed without any hesitation and he rapidly responded to messages. We had several guest comment on how wonderful his voice was and how entertaining his performing was. We will definitely recommend Timothy to anyone looking for a live musician/dj/emcee for their event! Thank you so much Timothy!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Katherine · Married on 05/20/2017

At first when planning my wedding, I was thinking about not even hiring a DJ. Booking Timothy Davis was one of the best decisions I made. He was always easily accessible and easy to reach. Not only did he play the music, but he kept to the timeline I made and was sure that the reception went smoothly. He played live music and sang during cocktail hour and then DJ'd the rest of the evening. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/14/2016

Awesome DJ/MC/Musician

I am writing this review as the wedding coordinator for a couple that got married January 2019 in Santa Barbara. Tim is an amazing musician/DJ/MC. He can do it all! This is extremely helpful because it allows him to cater to a wide range of needs and desires that couples have for their big day. He started off with an hour of live acoustic music during cocktail hour and then sang the couple's first dance song. The rest of the night went smoothly because of his skills as an MC and DJ. He made a great playlist, got people on the dance floor, and ensured that transitions were seamless. He was easy to work with and quick to respond and follow up. I highly recommend booking Tim for your wedding. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Amy · Married on 11/13/2015

If I could give 6 stars, I would!! My husband and I were married on May 20th, 2016. It was important to us that we had an intimate feel, even though our guest list hit over 130. A singer songwriter was the perfect solution and Tim was the perfect fit! He is an extraordinary musician with an amazing voice! He played live acoustic music for the guests arrival, learned a duet to sing with my sister-in-law, played our favorite songs for the ceremony and then played beautiful acoustic songs during cocktails and dinner. As if that weren't enough, he then set up as the DJ and got the party started. It was the first time I've been to a wedding where the dance floor was never empty. All of our guests raved about his talent and said he was one of their favorite parts of the whole wedding. We are beyond grateful to have had Tim as a part of our special day.

Sent on 06/25/2016

Phil · Married on 11/07/2015

After having a last minute cancellation the night before my party I was desperate to find another musician. I was frantically sending out emails late night and I was able to get in contact with Tim. He responded to my email within a matter of minutes and was very professional and accommodating and gladly agreed to play at my party. He was already booked that day for a wedding but agreed to come straight over from an hour away and play. I have been getting a ton of great feedback and compliments from everybody about how much they enjoyed his music and company. People even asked for his contact info to have him at their next event. He played a little something for everybody covering a wide range of songs. He played straight though all 3 hours only taking a break when we brought out the cake and sang happy birthday and were using his mic to make speeches. He showed up well on time and started playing right on the dot. He looked very sharp and presentable and I would highly recommend Tim to anybody looking for great live entertainment at their next party/event. It really took the party to another level and you can tell that Tim plays with a great passion and truly loves what he does. 5 stars!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Kristeen · Married on 11/07/2015

We hired Timothy to perform at our outdoor wedding in Santa Barbara after vetting a lot of other musicians - And I am so glad we did!!! From the moment of first contact, we knew Timothy was the perfect fit for us. He had excellent communication and follow through and made the process simple and seamless for us. Although he has a long list of great covers he performs, we were able to listen to some of the music he wrote, and we knew we had to incorporate that into our day as well. An important part of our wedding day was having our niece sing at our ceremony. Timothy was completely open to the idea and even planned a FaceTime rehearsal beforehand. He showed up plenty of time before our event to make sure was set up and ready to go. The music at our ceremony and reception was spot on! Everybody loved the music as well as Timothy's personality! I would absolutely hire him again...if only I didn't live across the country. Truly a pleasure to work with! Thanks Timothy for making our wedding day perfect! xo, Kristeen & Matt

Sent on 01/15/2016