TimoDJ Reviews

81 | Austin, TX

81 Reviews for TimoDJ

Natalie · event on: 10/06/2012

Timo is an amazing, fun DJ for a birthday party! Great personality which adds the right touch of humor to the event. All about pleasing the client in his or her music selection. He even dressed up for the theme of the event.
    Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!! Can't be beat!

Margot · Married on 08/05/2016

Excellent, second time we engaged the services of Timo. His energy is infectious and it is a rarity that one is sitting as all are on the dance floor. All ages from little tikes to the old geezers responded every so well to his synergistic approach.

Erika · Married on 06/27/2015

Timo was absolutely amazing! When my husband and I first got engaged, one of the very first decisions that we made was having Timo as our DJ. My husband previously got to experience him in action at a previous event, and was certain that he wanted to make sure we had booked him for our special day! When we first got in contact with Timo, I immediately noticed Timo's energy and sense of fun! He was so very excited to come up with ideas and just get to know who we were as individuals. We met in person a few months before the wedding to talk details and scheduling. We made many notes and he made suggestions that we never even thought of! Thankfully he already played events at our venue, so he already knew where everything would work and started to see the vision we had in mind. I was always very excited to work with him on music lists and making sure we were both on the same page. When the Big Day finally arrived, Timo was already early and ready to go! He found my exact songs that I wanted for the ceremony, and by the time of the reception he already had the whole crowd ready to have a great time! The whole night he was making everyone laugh and he even brought Hula Hoops and Tambourines for the kids! We had so many compliments on how we had the perfect DJ for our wedding, and we couldn't agree more! Timo from Texas Disk Jockeys is incredible, and you should definitely book him for your next event! :)

Terri · Married on 08/09/2014

As the mother of the bride, I want to express my heartfelt thanks for making my daughter’s wedding reception so memorable . . . and so much fun!!! The thought and attention-to-detail that went into customizing every moment of the reception was incredible! Timo kept everything moving like a well-oiled machine. What a relief! From coordinating with the vendors to coaching the bridge and groom on how to create special photo opportunities, Timo far exceeded my expectations. I especially loved how he chose music clips to introduce each person giving a toast and I was so happy that he videoed all the special dances, freeing me up to fully enjoy those moments. He kept the dance floor full from beginning to end. Everyone was a sweaty, happy, mess! Uplighting was awesome, especially since we were so limited in how we could decorate the hall. Hands down Timo, you are the best! I can’t imagine anyone else DJing/Emceeing my special event and would recommend DJ.Timo without hesitation. Loved every minute of it. I’m still on Cloud 9!

Timo was the DJ at my cousin's wedding, where I was the maid of honor, and I have to say that he was beyond fabulous and will definitely be asked to DJ my wedding in the future. He really made the party what it was, which was PERFECT. His music choices, his energy, his extra lighting, his hula hoops for the kids, his dance moves and line dance teaching, his emcee skills, his EVERYTHING was the best I've ever seen. I'll be handing his number out to my all my friends. We LOVED Timo!

Ashton · Married on 05/10/2014

I've been to many weddings and witnessed typical DJ services... not bad, but mostly just an average type of service and what you would expect. Timo is NONE of these things. Texas Disk Jockeys went above and beyond the call of duty to help ensure complete smoothness on a very important day. Coordinating with my other vendors and getting things lined up so it was not something I had to worry about. One of my biggest worries was that the dance floor would be empty and no one would dance. The dance floor was packed and everyone had a great time. For weeks and even now guests at our wedding are still asking us who our DJ was.

Without being asked, Timo also took pictures and videos with his cell phone and delivered them to me the night of the wedding! What a special treat.... :) We now have our ceremony and a couple of fun videos to put in the memory books!

Thanks again for an amazing night! You exceeded my expectations by miles and miles.... I wanna do it all over again!

Maury · event on: 03/27/2004

“I have been associated with TimoDJ since 2002. We hired him to DJ our kids B'Nei Mitzvah celebrations and he was fantastic! He got all of our guests involved in the festivities and everyone had nothing but rave reviews for the work he performed. I'd hire TimoDJ again in a heartbeat”

Krystal · Married on 06/08/2013

Timo IS THE BEST DJ OUT THERE!!! He went above and beyond and we couldn't of happier. He coordinated with everyone and made sure the whole day went smoothly and according to schedule. All night everyone compliment the music and loved the ambiance he created with the lighting. You can tell this is his passion and he loves what he does!! If your looking for someone professional, dedicated and fun... this is your guy!!! Thanks Timo for everything... you are AMAZING!!!!!

Julie · Married on 03/23/2013

I thought it was nice that he snapped some photos at the ceremony and reception and emailed them to us. You can never have too many photos just in case the photographer loses some.
    When we met with him before the wedding he asked when our parents graduated high school as well as ourselves and said he knows what music to play that they will enjoy and he was right! He played some oldies but goodies during dinner and our parents were singing and laughing and having a good time. Timo knows how to read a crowd and play what they want.

• Cynthia Ruth

Cynthia Ruth · Married on 01/26/2013

Timo was amaaaaaazing! He was recommended to us by our similarly amazing wedding planner Amanda Ervin with 11:11 Events. Our guests were thrilled by Timo's energy--friends texted me and wrote on my Facebook wall the following day praising how great and entertaining Timo was. He also provided lighting for our event--up lighting really made the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs Mansion look spectacular. The planning process with Timo was also great. We discussed what we did and didn't want played at our wedding and he was really accommodating with the variety of music played. Once mt wedding was over, I was pleasantly surprised to see a text message from Timo. The contents? PICTURES of us having fun! I was able to uploading instantly and let everyone re-live those quirky shots we posed for. All in all, if you want to have a fun wedding, I highly recommend Timo!!

As we were new to the area, we had to rely on other's recommendations. Julie of Lakeway Resor and Spa provided this excellent recommendation. The entertainment can make or break an event. Timo was not overbearing in his approach. He was professional yet fun at the same time. Our goal was to have everyone dancing and having a good time. Well, the result was that. He appealed to all ages and flexible. You can't go wrong with him. I would definitely engage his services again.

Mindy · Married on 10/28/2012

Our DJ was Timo of Texas Disc Jockeys, and for the last week, I've heard nothing from my guests besides how badass he was. He was so energetic, out dancing with us on the floor, taking some awesome pictures I wouldn't have otherwise. I can't imagine how anyone could want to hire any other dj in Austin. He was unbelievable!!! I can't even verbalize how great he was in words. We immediately got along, he was way into anything and everything, he was great about maintaining crowd hype, and the fact that he was dancing around with us was just great. Plus, he comes with his own lighting gear. Seriously, stop your search, you've found THE ONE.

Danielle · Married on 03/31/2012

Timo was a life saver! He did a wonderful job of keeping the dance floor full and people moving! We had a wonderful time at our wedding! He is a great host, mc - and has a great feel for what a crowd likes. I would definitely recommend him!

Amanda · Married on 03/10/2012

I truly cannot say enough good things about Timo. He was, hands down, the best investment we made in our wedding. His professionalism and experience made us feel, not only happy to put ourselves in his hands, but fortunate that we were able to find someone with his expertise. He met with us several times before the event, exhaustively checking and rechecking details that, to be perfectly honest, my husband and I hadn't even considered. He not only handeled the music, but created an entire atmosphere. He worked with our other vendors to cooridinate, for example, a series of special moments; from my parents spontaneously (and unexpectedly!) hitting the dance floor, to the cutting of our very blue weding cake, to our send off. Timo really got to know us, and what we wanted, and even threw in some surprises that worked out beautifully. He really made the reception special. If you are lucky enough to get Timo as your DJ, you will be amazed as well!

Shawn · Married on 02/25/2012

Hi Timo -
    Thank you so much for delivering another fabulous Bat Mitzvah party! I've gotten some great feedback from our guests that they had an amazing time! I was worried that 5 hours was too long but seeing the kiddos still going strong and dancing until 11:00 was a testament to not only all the sugar we fed them but to your entertainment ability!

We will definitely be booking you for a third time as soon as we know Briar's date a few years from now!

Sherry · Married on 11/26/2011

Without a doubt my son's wedding/reception would have not been as flawless and successful with out Timo. without a doubt he is amazing. not only does he present himself well, everything is done with class and taste, I can't tell you the numerous phone calls and text we recieved saying how amazing our DJ was. he kept everyone engaged and kept the wedding moving. The dance floor was full the entire night. Thanks TIMO!!
    Sherry

Ross and Hannah · Married on 11/26/2011

Wow! Timo was incredible! He went above and beyond to accomadate all of our requests, and truly gave us execptional service throughout the planning process, during the rehearsals and walk throughs to ensure a seamless wedding day. We never felt like Timo was a stranger, or just a vendor- but truly a new friend. He is talented and professional with a sincere interest in celebrating with the client. We couldn't have imagined a better DJ/MC for our special day! Thanks Timo! -Ross & Hannah Breaux

Megan · Married on 11/11/2011

Timo was so wonder and amazing. He gave so much more than any DJ I have ever seen. Before the wedding day Timo met with us to iron out details and help give ideas. He was so helpful and friendly. I felt very at ease after our first meeting. The day of the wedding was spectacular. I knew Timo had arrived when I could here the Beatles from the balcony. It was the tiny details like Timo knowing my favorite band. He was very personal and professional. We had no wedding coordinator and Timo stepped up and kept the ceremony, flowing, the reception was perfect. Everyone knew what was going on and were they needed to be. I could go on for days about how awesome Timo was but I think all anyone needs to really hear is how much everyone from the wedding was talking about How great the DJ was. I am still very impressed with Timo on every level!

Kierstin · Married on 08/23/2002

Timo was an extraordinary DJ. The majority of our guests were out on the dance floor at some point during the evening. Rather than simply have some background sound, we had a celebration that included dancing, photos, and fun! When we were planning our wedding, we wanted to make sure that our reception was fun for all of our guests. Years later we still hear from people, "Your wedding was so much fun!"

• User2099104 · event on: 11/06/2011

My non-profit association enjoyed Timo so much that we asked him back 2 years in a row (our association met in Austin in 2010 and 2011). The Renaissance Hotel referred him to us, and he did not disappoint. He is professional, fun, and you can tell that he enjoys what he does. He will not disappoint.

• User2103700 · event on: 11/13/2011

I love, love, love Timo. I have been thrilled and blessed to work with Timo for the last three years at our annual school gala. He has emceed the event all three years and it has been flawless. I wish everyone that I have to work with was as professional and as positive as Timo. I would recommend him for any event that needs a DJ or Emcee. He covers all of the bases ahead of time on what our needs are as well as offering suggestions on other needs we may have. He is a great resource for all needs related to putting on a professional event. Our gala has over 400 attendees each year. It is important at everything goes smoothly once the evening begins. Timo is the one that puts me at ease that everything will go perfectly. I wouldn't do an event without him, EVER.

• User2107361 · event on: 11/13/2011

Timo dj is wonderful!!! A real partner in your event!! Highly rec!!!!

Denise · event on: 12/10/2011

Timo was by far the best DJ we have contracted with to date. Our employees enjoyed his upbeat, hands on style and he added creativity and fun flair to our event. He was professional from start to finish and made certain our requests were met and I must say our expectations were exceeded. Definitely will look to Timo - Texas Disc Jockeys for future events. BRAVO!

Ashley · event on: 02/03/2012

I have been booking Timo for events for four years now. We book him twice a year for a Daddy Daughter Dance and a Mother Son Dance. If I could I would give him 7 out of 5 stars on value because he is worth every penny! He is the entire event in one person. His music is awesome, he brings some amazing party lights that really create the atmosphere, and he entertains THE ENTIRE NIGHT! He leads everything from games to teaching how to do some traditional party dances. There is never a dull moment with Timo and he entertains kids and adults alike. A MUST HAVE at your next event!

Happy · event on: 03/17/2012

DJ Simcha (Timo) knows how to get the party started!