Timber Lake Camp Reviews

Timber Lake Camp 5
Timber Lake Camp 6
Timber Lake Camp 7

Johnny · Married on 08/25/2018

well how can we easily some up the experience my wife and i had at our wedding at TLC. TLC has been nothing less than SPECTACULAR. My wife and i want to personally thank Scott, Rob, Reggie, Sheila and the rest of the staff at TLC. Scott was basically our wedding planner. we honestly didn't think the wedding would go as smoothly as planned without an official wedding planner. Scott was literally a phone call away during the upcoming months leading to the wedding. we even met with him couple of times to hash out the final details for our wedding. Ive never received such service where his response time was so instantaneous. i couldn't have asked for more. scott and rob also helped facilitate team bride vs team groom games to keep everyone occupied. even the staff security at the front gate was on point. they had an iPad checking off every single guest and who was suppose to be there. apparently there is another timberlake camp venue hours away.(don't forget this one is in Shandaken NY). there was a family who had the wrong address and came to TLC unannounced. i was given a radio to be able to communicate with the staff and immediately Scott and his staff radioed me to confirm if we had known the guests. long story short they came to the wrong wedding. whether it was getting a wine bottle opener, transporting elderly guests,or transporting ice,the service at TLC is second to none. I been to 5 star destination weddings before and i would say the service and hospitality is by far better than any other wedding i been to. my guests till today rave about the service and food at TLC. my grandparents from korea never tried american food like the food at TLC. they loved it! Reggie even made coffee for my family late at night because my catering company that i provided for the reception had forgot. you can't go wrong with the food at TLC. i highly recommend TLC for any wedding.this has been the best time of our lives including our family and friends. thank you for everything!

Sent on 09/19/2018

James · Married on 06/10/2017

Well, a big part of me doesn't want to leave a review for Timber Lake because I'm selfish and don't want other people have a wedding as PERFECT and AMAZING as we did. However, I will do the right thing. TLC was the best decision we could have ever made! Our wedding was the most unforgettable experience of our lives! Everything was above and beyond our expectations, from the second we drove through the gates right up until we sadly left that Sunday. Where to start... The grounds are beautiful and well kept with awesome views all over. Countless options for a beautiful outdoor(or indoor) setting. The food offered throughout the weekend was excellent, we didn't know what to expect going in as far as serving food to over 100 people at once but Reggie and Sheila killed it and everyone loved the food! The Staff! The staff are really what made the weekend what it was. Anything we needed was done immediately! Scott Glick ran the show like a well oiled machine. Between Scott, Reggie, Sheila, Robbie, Jordan, Nathan, Jamie, Owen, Dave, Erin (really apologize if I'm forgetting any of you guys), anytime that I would ask if the staff could do something for us, it would already be done. The staff were all some of the most hard working, friendly, easy to work with, awesome people that I've ever come across. Thank god for them taking care of every single thing, when I was in no condition to do so! Every person at our wedding is raving about how beautiful, perfect and fun our wedding weekend was. Now I'm just spending my time trying to figure out another reason/event to book TLC again!
    Thanks Guys!
    -James & Amanda

Sent on 06/29/2017

Mark · Married on 05/27/2017

Timberlake truly exceeded all of our expectations. Our wedding weekend was a dream come true and our friends, family, our parents' friends, etc. are still reaching out to say how much fun they had, how stunning Timberlake was, and how impressed they are with how the Timberlake staff. One of the biggest compliments we've gotten (from quite a few people) was that they fear we've "ruined weddings" for anyone who has to try to plan a wedding after attending ours!

The camp did everything they could to meet our expectations and consistently went above and beyond.
    It really was a dream to have our friends and family together in one beautiful place to celebrate from Friday night until Sunday brunch and Timberlake was the perfect place to do it.

Though everyone and every couple is different, some things that we loved the most:
    - The adventure course! - we were torn whether people would use it / if it was worth the expense but in the end we did decide to open it up and couldn't believe HOW MANY people used it and had so much fun. People of every generation were dying to do the climbing wall and the zip-line. Even those who didn't climb or zip had a great time watching, cheering on, and photographing those who did!
    - We planned our own adult minute-to-win-it games/relay races/silly time using games we found on pinterest and google and it was hysterical and served as a great opportunity for people to meet before the ceremony/reception.
    - The dining hall transforms once you turn off those overhead lights and doll-it-up with some sexy lighting. In our case, our DJ came ahead of time do do some string lights through the rafters and some up-lighting on the walls and the place just looked incredible!

The food was good too and the kitchen staff feels like family by the time you leave!

Sent on 06/11/2017

sydney · Married on 09/10/2016

Timber Lake Camp met all our expectations and then some! They went above and beyond to make sure everything was just how we wanted it and the weekend went off without a hitch. The camp is breathtaking and it really brings out the inner kid in everyone. All of our guest are still talking about it! The facility is beautifully taken care of by there exceptional staff who is on call the entire time and really made us feel comfortable with all the events going on. We wish we could do it all over again!! We can't thank the camp enough for how great our wedding weekend went!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Emily · Married on 08/26/2016

My husband and I had the time of our lives at Timber Lake Camp! Our guests thought it was a unique and fantastic way to celebrate our marriage as well. While we did not get married at the camp, we certainly celebrated long and well at the camp! The staff was super helpful and so friendly. It would not be an adequate review without mentioning Josh and how tirelessly he worked with us both before and during our event to make sure everyone was happy and having fun the whole time. Reggie and Sheila in the kitchen were also outstanding and made sure our expectations and needs were met, exceeded, and anticipated. Not only did the staff do everything we asked and planned ahead of time, but they also jumped in when needed during the event, going beyond their actual duties.

If we were to get married again, we would 100% choose Timber Lake Camp without hesitation!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Janette · Married on 08/26/2017

TLC surpassed our wildest summer camp wedding dreams: swimming pool,zip line,climbing wall,water slide,ropes course,canoes,paddle boards,bonfire,s’mores,sports&a talent show! Guests slept in shared cabins & also nice private rooms! Cleanliness&comfort of the housing and bathrooms were priorities: TLC definitely checked those boxes. Grounds are well-kept & conveniently laid out: like a "summer camp country club” or “if Disneyland were a summer camp” Staff was also A+. Meeting Scott after first touring the camp solidified our choice of TLC. Through the process Scott was hospitable,professional,friendly&fun. On wedding wknd, the members of the team were all “YES” people. I joked, “I’m waiting for the moment you say ‘no’ to one of my requests” (It never happened) Scott&Jordan have such calm and can-do attitudes:comforting for a stressed&anxious bride! Reggie&Sheila, in addition to clearly working hard & making AWESOME food, they also seemed to have a great time and truly care for us. The owner, Jay even helped! The team happily stepped up to every request, & even joined our festivities! By the end, they felt like family. Couples looking at TLC, I will say: weddings are a secondary & new business venture for the camp. In addition to camp, they host other events before, during and after. I say this only because responses are delayed. Rest assured, emails always do get a response with thoughtful attention. Have patience knowing that the people responding to your emails are the same people who are manning those other events. This means they are incredibly attentive and hands-on for YOUR event too! If you are “more traditional” & require a bit more hand-holding in planning, you may want to explore other options. TLC IS a summer camp not a 5-hour event space hosting weddings every weekend. If you are specifically looking for a truly spectacular & unique summer camp wedding at a breathtaking location, with some really lovely, kind & FUN people, without a doubt, check out TLC!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Lewis Hangyal · Married on 09/29/2018

So much fun for us AND our guests!

We LOVED our wedding and have Jordan and his staff to thank for such a wonderful experience! They were always willing to accommodate, so it is important to know what you want or coordinate with Jordan on what you need guidance/input on. We wanted our guests to enjoy our wedding as much as we did and Timber Lake Camp made that possible.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Tyler · Married on 09/10/2016

3.8
      3.0

Timberlake Camp management and staff helped make our wedding truly unforgettable. It was the best day of our lives. I would be very clear with them about your intentions and ask lots of questions so as to avoid any confusion. You can't beat the views- just check out our picture on their site, we're the couple sitting on the bench with the mountain behind us. I have to mention that one of the best parts was having all our friends and family in one place for a few days. It was as though our wedding lasted for three days.

Sent on 12/09/2016

JACLYN · Married on 09/30/2017

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

We, like many other brides and grooms had an expectation of what our wedding day/weekend would look like... With all of the planning, work effort and love that went into it, we'd expected it to be the best weekend and day of our lives. Our expectations had been clearly explained in detail with our "event coordinator". However, they WERE not even close to met.

When we arrived many of the cabins were still dirty from the weekend before. Half of the private cabins (that we'd been promised were going to be fully renovated) were disgusting and filthy.. with graffiti written on the walls, and dirt, grime and empty liquor bottles among them. OUR BRIDAL SUITE had a moldy fridge, and dirty linens wrapped in a ball on the floor, along with the filthy towels from the weekend prior. Our BRIDAL SUITE REMAINED THIS WAY FOR THE DURATION OF THE WEEKEND, EVEN AFTER REPEATEDLY ASKING FOR IT TO BE CLEANED ON THURSDAY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT.

Our Event Coordinator didn't show up until about 8pm thursday... alone... We had been promised a team of 6 staff to help us with setup.. Instead, we had our family running around in a commercial kitchen cleaning the glassware and silverware We had to move every single table and chair in the dining room ourselves to set it up. (Thankfully Reggie was able to help us with some of this) Our question is... where was the rest of the staff? I certainly didn't expect I would be breaking my back the two days before my wedding day!

We froze all weekend since they only provided tiny space heater jokes that would kick off the electricity when used. The dance studio i was supposed to get ready in had a broken window, and i put my gown on in a hallway, I CAN GO ON... but the character limit will not allow, if you'd like more info feel free to email me jacvecchione@gmail.com. SAVE YOURSELVES FROM THIS HORRENDOUS EXPERIENCE AND DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE.

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Timber Lake Camp 16

Timber Lake Camp's reply:

Hello future brides,

It's important to us that we provide a beautiful, fun and unique experience for our couples and their guests. We put a lot of work, time and commitment to creating a wedding weekend that our couples will cherish forever. We have a completely different view of the events that may have led to this bride not being able to fully enjoy our camp. But rather than dispute each of the points Mrs. Vecchione has made, we ask that you read ALL of our reviews for an accurate account of what you can expect at TLC. We’re also happy to put you in touch with past brides who can speak to their positive experiences.

If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to showing you why TLC is a perfect venue for couples looking for an unbelievable wedding weekend!