Timacuan Golf and Country Club Reviews

91 Reviews for Timacuan Golf and Country Club

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful Venue

My mom and I toured this site and fell in love. The gorgeous chandeliers are to die for. Then add the draping over the beautiful exposed beams, exquisite. The venue was beautiful, but the food was amazing.

We had a Buffett to accommodate some of our guests religious dietary needs. Philippe ensures we had everything we needed to blend the cultural and religious needs. The food was delicious. After the wedding, guests continued to tell me how much they enjoyed the food. Knowing that we weren’t able to eat much during our wedding, Philippe had three boxes of food sent back to the hotel with us.

Some of our guests required additional accommodations for their religion and Philippe made it happen. He turned a downstairs room into a prayer room ensuring the room faced east. He also prepared prayer clothes for the guests to kneel upon during their prayers.

We were so please with how everything was coming along during the planning process, that we decided to have our rehearsal dinner at Timacuan as well. The food did not disappoint.

This place is a gem and we would highly recommend it for your next event.

Sent on 11/27/2018

VonDee · Married on 05/05/2018

The staff at Timacuan exceeded my very high expectation in every area. Delicious menu selections expertly prepared,flawless service,ecpert attention to ven the smallest detail.
    Honestly, our wedding was the best day of my life and I have Timacuan ,their staff as well as the vendors to thank. It was an absolute pleasure working with them and hosting the biggest party ot our lives. VR Hauser ;o)

Sent on 05/09/2018

Myra · Married on 05/05/2018

David was great to work with, very punctual and on top of things for our event! The venue is a great value!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Mike · Married on 04/29/2018

Timacuan country club is a great value and a great place to have a wedding. We did the ceremony and reception there. We did not have a wedding planner and David was extremely helpful in assisting us through the ceremony and reception. They also have a list of preferred vendors that they trust so I was not fearful in choosing a photographer and DJ since I knew they had Timacuan country clubs blessings.

Sent on 05/04/2018
  • Evelyn

Evelyn · Married on 04/14/2018

David was hands down the best wedding coordinator ever! My wedding was truly a dream that came true. The process was amazing from start to finish. The ambience was perfect. The food was delicious. My guests were in awe with everything. My husband and I are truly grateful for a unforgettable evening. I have no regrets getting married at Timacuan. It was the perfect location.

Sent on 04/19/2018

Alex · Married on 04/07/2018

Choosing Timacuan was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding.

David runs all of the operations for the weddings hosted at Timacuan and he is second to none. David helped us prepare for numerous aspects of the wedding we never expected to address and always had multiple options for us to choose from, it is very apparent how much David cares about your event and how much knowledge he has about the challenges that couples run into. I am very grateful for the attention to detail and the commitment David has for the wedding. The planning and organization was perfect and on the day of the wedding he will ensure everything goes according to plan, not sticking to a strict schedule and always feeling out the mood. One of my biggest takeaways was how masterfully the event was managed.

The venue was beautiful, it fit everything we could have ever hoped for, and the food was unbelievable. We opted for the dessert table and coffee which was exquisite and somehow the food was even better than at the tasting.

Beautiful place, wonderful staff, unbelievable delivery of service I cannot recommend this place enough.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Margaret · Married on 09/16/2017

Words cannot express how happy I am that we Chose Timicuan for my Birthday party. The venue is remarkably beautiful & comfortable. Working with David was a dream come true, he was hands on and had lots of welcomed suggestions and extremely professional. Once meeting with him there was no other options Timacuan was the place. My guests loved the great food, ambiance and exquisite service. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Timacuan Golf and Country Club's reply:

We loved doing your 70th birthday party, you are a wonderful client. So nice to see you surrounded by your children and grandchildren. I will do your 100th birthday as well!

ERIC · Married on 08/12/2017

Overall a wonderful experience . David was very professional and knowledgeable . His attention to details helped us going thru preparation, decision and execution of the whole wedding event. The food was absolutely delicious. The staff extremely friendly . Many of our guests complimented on them. The decor ( tables and rooms) were stunning. It really made our wedding very special

Sent on 08/22/2017

John · Married on 03/11/2017

Let David Deassis be your guide, because the Timacuan Golf & Country Club cannot be beat. The venue is beautifully appointed and well maintained. The staff is beyond professional and anticipate your needs. The location is perfect and fits many needs for an event. And I'm just getting started. The food is five star, prepared on site, will bowl your guests over, and don't sweat it, future bride and groom, David will make sure you get to eat too (he will fight tooth and nail to ensure your wedding is as fun for you as it is your drunk cousins). Want to be impressed? David knew beforehand that our date was on daylight savings, would have no issues with outside natural lighting due to the clouds staying to the east on our wedding day, and took the necessary precautions to prepare us for a crazy night because of a full moon. Ok I made the last one up, but before the night was over, two of our bridesmaids independently? asked to hire him to do their weddings, because Mr. Deassis is the destroyer of maligned weddings and the bearer of joy, fun, and most importantly, a perfectly executed plan on our most important wedding night. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Melina · Married on 01/07/2017

I can not rave enough about our experience with having our wedding at Timacuan. David, the wedding coordinator, is exactly what every bride wants. My husband and I had tons of questions throughout our 14 months of planning with David and not once did he ever make us feel annoying. He always was quick to respond. And had TONS of advice for us along the way. I knew on our big day we were in the most amazing hands solely because I knew David was in control of it all. The venue is stunning. The food was delicious!! We have everyone tell us how much fun our wedding was and how gorgeous it was. I wish I could do our wedding over and over! You will not go wrong using Timacuan and David! - The Grennells

Sent on 01/26/2017

My daughter had a first class wedding at Timacuan Country Club!! The venue was classy, the food delicious and David helped pull it all together.
    I always dreamed of my girl getting married there and was not disappointed! The guests raved about what a nice wedding it was.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Wonderful experience. This venue provides so much character for any wedding! We absolutely loved it!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Natalie · Married on 11/05/2016

Our wedding reception was at Timacuan and the venue was absolutely perfect! The weather on November 5th 2016 was exactly what we hoped for. David DeAssis was such an amazing help with all the details, big or small. He made our wedding a dream come true. From the decor to the food, it was amazing. We had right at about 150 attend our wedding and there was so much space to mingle inside or outside on the terrace. I am so glad we chose Timacuan as our venue and I'm sure everyone that has gotten married here will say the same. Again Big thank you to David and his team.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Rosalie · Married on 11/04/2016

My husband and I cannot speak highly enough of David and the team at Timacuan. From the moment we first met David, we knew we had made the right decision in choosing Timacuan as our reception venue. His attention to detail, professionalism, and consideration of what was important to us made our big day more than we could have ever dreamed of. Our guests had an amazing time, the food was delicious, and the hospitality went above and beyond. We would highly recommend him to any bride and groom searching for a venue for their wedding. Best of the best!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Scott · Married on 07/30/2016

David DeAssis and his team is just amazing. When my fiancé and I were getting estimates for our wedding I told her we will never get an estimate and sign the same day. Well after one hour with David I signed. The guys is just amazing. So funny I left every meeting almost crying with laughter. He's also very professional and has an answer or solution for everything. I recommend David and his team 100%. I still have ppl complimenting my reception and David and they all say our party was flawless.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Bekah · Married on 07/09/2016

I had my dream reception at Timacuan Country Club. Everything went exactly as planned and I knew on my wedding day I had nothing to worry about because David was so professional and good at his job. Everything was handled wonderfully and I couldn't be happier with my decision to have my reception there.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Debbie · Married on 07/09/2016

We are very thankful for David, the staff and the venue. The wedding went seamlessly and everyone was very courteous, friendly and efficient. Much Thanks to everyone!!!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/18/2016

Timacuan is absolutely elegant and holds a high standard of class from the way they greet you to their food selection, it's amazing. David went above and beyond to make my perfect a fairytale wedding. He dresses for the occasion and matched my wedding colors to the T. He truly is a great man and the best at what he does. David is a True inspiration to the couple on their 25th anniversary to say I do. I hope on our 50 will be as memorable. Thank you David

Sent on 06/23/2016

Robin · Married on 06/11/2016

David was amazing and made sure everything ran smoothly. The venue is beautiful!! I don't think we could have done it without David! The best advice I can give you is to take davids advice and also, go ahead and plan to extend your reception for an additional hour, you're going to want it!!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Angie · Married on 06/11/2016

If you want a perfect wedding in a perfect location with every detail you can think of being taken care of by a professional, I highly suggest Timacuan Golf and Country Club and David DeAssis! Everything was over the top, the food, the ceremony, and the reception. David gave my daughter and her husband the wedding of the year!!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Charles · Married on 04/23/2016

There are few events in a person’s life that creates so much tension and stress. If you are blessed to have found that special someone planning a wedding is one of those said events. My new wife and I spent countless hours searching for the perfect venue. We visited a few and while they were nice it didn’t have that ‘IT’ factor we were looking for. Then my mother told us to check out the newly renovated Timacuan Country Club she heard about. The pictures online don’t do it justice. It’s absolutely beautiful! Look at the pictures and just know that you will be pleasantly surprised when you actually visit the club. One thing you can’t experience however through pictures is David DeAssis. Wow, what a character, what a person. From the onset you need to be prepared for his directness, promptness, professionalism, and absolute care for making your day 100% perfect. I remember sitting down for our first meeting and thinking to myself this place could look like crap but David himself is worth the price of admission. I can’t say enough good things about him from beginning to end. All I can say is you are in the best hands with David. One thing you will also notice is that his leadership extends down to his staff. They are some of the nicest, hard-working, and professional people you will come across. They made my wife and I feel like we were at a 5 star establishment and it is clear that is exactly how David wants it. The way we were treated was second to none. I more than highly recommend Timacuan Country Club not only because of its beauty and renovations but because of David. Without him the experience is not complete.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Kim · Married on 04/16/2016

Timacuan is a gorgeous place to have a wedding! The staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. David is amazing to work with and he is always available to answer any questions you may have. He is very knowledgeable and will make your wedding day go smoothly. All of my guests have commented on how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue was. I would highly recommend Timacuan Golf & Country Club to any bride that wants a dream wedding :)

Sent on 05/10/2016

Alexis · Married on 04/10/2016

I was in love with Timacuan from the first time I walked in! The gorgeous chandeliers and wood beams were exactly what I was looking for. Then I met David and he just made me feel so comfortable and confident - I knew my wedding was going be perfect!

Sent on 04/15/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 02/26/2016

David, the Director of Operations, was absolutely phenomenal. Throughout the entire planning process, he was ALWAYS available to bounce questions off of - typically responding in less than an hour or two. If you are planning on getting married here, don't bother hiring a wedding planner or day-of coordinator because you will be wasting your money. David knows weddings like the back of his hand, and he was truly a joy to work with. The few small hiccups we had on the wedding day were quickly dealt with without adding stress to my morning. Most people say that weddings always run behind - mine was perfectly on time. In fact, we were ready a few minutes early for everything.

The cost per head is a little bit higher than quoted elsewhere, but it includes EVERYTHING - full meal, alcohol, champagne toast, hors d'oeuvres, linens, etc. Even the CAKE was included in the price per head. Yes, the Cake - one less bill to pay elsewhere! So once you start adding all of that into the other venues' quotes, you reach the same amount very quickly. We also did the Venetian Dessert Station, which was a HUGE hit - almost all of the dessert was gone! The actual rental fee for the space is minuscule compared to the $1,500-$4,000 rental fees I had quoted at other venues, so that was a huge bonus for me, as I was able to allocate that money elsewhere. Speaking of the venue, it is GORGEOUS. I did very minimal decorations, as the big wooden beams, crystal chandeliers, gigantic windows, and marble bar & wall spoke for themselves. If you want Wow-factor, this venue has it. My wedding of 110 fit perfectly in the ceremony and dining spaces without having to squeeze anyone, or feeling like a big empty ballroom.

Overall, my wedding had rave reviews, from beginning to end. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a venue.

Sent on 04/02/2016

Joe · Married on 12/20/2015

We had our wedding December 20, 2015 at Timacuan Country Club and our friends and family are still talking about it. We are from out of the area but wanted to have our wedding around Orlando for ease of travel for family and friends. We found Timacuan through wedding wire, and looked at about six other places before our seventh visit at Timacuan when we knew we found the right place. What can be said about David that hasn't already been said? He truly made the experience perfect. From the first phone call to the first meeting, to the end of the reception he was a true professional and made my wife and I feel so comfortable and confident in the service that would be provided and the venue. David was always available via phone or email no matter how big or small the question was. On the wedding day he made sure that everything went off flawlessly. I had numerous guests commenting on the quality of the food and asking us how we found David and Timacuan. As another added bonus, the photographer (Cornerhouse Photography) and the DJ (DJ Vince Roeshink) were from the preferred vendors list that we received, and were amazing. Timacuan is already a beautiful venue to have a wedding, but the service that David provided elevates it even more.

Sent on 01/08/2016