Tim Maynard, Classical Guitar Reviews

62 | Manchester, CT

62 Reviews for Tim Maynard, Classical Guitar

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2018

Tim played at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He was great to work with during the planning stages and was always quick to respond to any questions I had. So many of our guests commented on the music, and the nice personal touch it brought to our ceremony. I only wish that I had more time to listen to more of it! I would recommend Tim for any event!

Brianna · Married on 06/30/2018

Tim was easy to work with, responsive, and he went above and beyond to accommodate my musical selections. We opted for a guitar/cello duo, and our wedding day music was absolutely beautiful! Not only did our guests comment about our wonderful ceremony musicians, but having Tim play my specially selected music made my walk down the aisle the most magical moment of the day. I would highly recommend Tim!!

Lauren · Married on 06/16/2018

Highly recommend

Tim was GREAT!! We received numerous compliments about his music! He played for our ceremony and at our cocktail hour! He was very responsive and professional! We would highly recommend him!!

Karen · Married on 05/27/2018

Tim was very accommodating, personable, professional, and I can't say enough how lucky we feel he performed for our wedding. And it was a performance. We requested mostly classical latin based music and he was able to include many genres including fado in his repertoire. Without question I would highly recommend Tim. Muito obrigada! Karen and Fernando

Matt · Married on 10/13/2017

Tim was an absolute pleasure to have play at our wedding. We received many complements from our guests on how awesome the live music was for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Many of my friends really appreciated it as musicians. They were very impressed! He even took the time to learn a couple personal songs for us. There was a possibility that the ceremony/cocktail hour would be pushed a bit later, and Tim was very accommodating if that were to ever happen. I highly recommend Tim Maynard if you're looking for a guitar player at your wedding. Look no further, he's the best.

Paul · Married on 07/16/2017

Everything was smooth from the booking all the way through the ceremony and cocktail hour.

Liz · Married on 06/24/2017

Our wedding ceremony would not have been the same without Tim Maynard and his beautiful classical guitar music! It was so important to my husband and I to feel like everything done or said during our ceremony had meaning to us and the music was a big part of that. Tim nailed our ceremony music 1000% - he even learned 2 new songs just for us! The song I walked down the aisle with my dad to was "She's on Her Way" by country artist Phil Vassar - almost nobody knows this beautiful song, but Tim took time to time to learn it and make it perfect, which meant so much to me! Tim is responsive, reliable, accommodating and we just can't thank him enough for being part of our big day. I can't wait to recommend him every chance I get!!

Kelsey · Married on 06/23/2017

I hired Tim Maynard to play music for my ceremony and cocktail hour on 6/23/17 and he was absolutely amazing (I am still hearing about how great he was at the wedding from guests)! He played with a cello and I couldn't be happier with their performance. Tim is extremely easy to work with making sure everything is organized and what you want months prior to the wedding. He also will learn 3 new songs for you which truly is amazing. I would recommend him to any bride looking to add extra class to their wedding because he is truly talented!

Mrs. S · Married on 06/17/2017

Tim is fantastically talented, incredibly professional and was very attentive and open to our ideas for our Wedding Ceremony. He even paired with a close friend of ours who performed a vocal piece at our Reception. If you're looking for something special and memorable for your event or Wedding - Tim Maynard delivers with class.
    Thank you Tim, Mr. & Mrs. Nugent :)

Leslie · Married on 11/05/2016

I was blown away with Tim's beautiful music on our wedding November 5th, 2016. Even though he had extensive lists of music, I had special requests for our processional, he was more than accommodating and he delivered so beautifully. I can't thank him enough for this. I still remember it like yesterday and I am so happy that I had a pleasure to have him play at our wedding. I was so busy that day, and didn't even get to say thank you or hello but I would like to take this opportunity to highly recommend him! Thank you, Tim!!!

Julie · Married on 10/07/2016

Tim brought his incredible talent to our nonprofit's fundraising gala this past weekend and was the perfect addition to the event. Five stars - plus!

Lisa · Married on 06/11/2016

Tim was beyond amazing for our wedding ceremony! We are so happy we were fortunate enough to have him play during our ceremony. Since our first communication, we knew he was going to be perfect. Through our entire process he was always so responsive to all of our questions and very willing to give advise or provide recommendations as we were narrowing down our music selections. He has a HUGE list to chose from but is also willing to learn new songs. He learned 2 very special songs to us and played them beautifully on our day. Thank you SO much Tim for all you did, you were such a special part of our day and you helped make our ceremony so perfect!

Jessica · Married on 05/22/2016

I loved the sound of Tim's guitar playing as we walked down the aisle! It was perfect for our cocktail hour while our guests were mingling! I could not have been happier!

Thanks Tim!

Rob · Married on 04/23/2016

Tim had a great selection of music for our wedding at Old Saybrook, CT. He was also able to make his own arrangement of a piece we wanted for our ceremony - Delibes' Flower Duet. Highly recommend Tim, as he was a true professional.

Karen · Married on 03/20/2016

We hired Tim for classical guitar for small intimate wedding ceremony. He came early and provided music for guests arriving and at the last minute was able to rehearse with a family member who sang along side him for one of the songs. His music added a beautiful addition to our sacred moment and he was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. We would highly recommend him.

Victoria · Married on 11/01/2015

Working with Tim was such a pleasure! We hired him to play with a cellist for both our ceremony and cocktail hour. Although the timing of our event made it difficult to find an accompanying cellist, Tim stayed on top of it and in the end everything turned out perfect. He also created two personalized arrangements for us and they came out amazing!

Tim is great. He was punctual, prepared and flexible. He also created beautiful arrangements of several songs in different genres that were meaningful to us and the performance heightened the atmosphere of our ceremony immensely. He also played for the cocktail hour to lend a pleasant ambiance while our guests mingled before the reception. We received many nice compliments on his work and could not have been more pleased with having him as a part of our wedding.

Tim Maynard played at my daughters wedding in June of this year. His communication through the whole process helped keep the stress level down and made my daughter feel like she was being taken care of. He is multi stylistic, fluent, and creative in his arrangements, all of which he writes himself. His demeanor is professional and courteous but also sensitive to the crowd. During the cocktail hour he told a story about one of the pieces of music and moved everyone. I would recommend Tim Maynard to anybody who thinks music is important to their event, and is looking for a wonderful sound.

Audrey · Married on 06/12/2015

Tim was the perfect musician for the most memorable and important day of our lives. His personalized arrangements of our favorite songs elevated our entire ceremony and cocktail hour. All of our guests complemented our beautiful music. The process of choosing music could not have been easier. Tim provided a fun questionnaire just to get a sense of our taste. He prompted us to choose songs for each portion of the ceremony and helped guide the entire agenda for the ceremony. When we had too many favorite songs and couldn't decide he instantly helped to narrow each down, explaining how the arrangements would sound broken down with guitar and cello (verses the radio version).
    We didn't once feel that we were going to forget any crucial part of the ceremony because we knew Tim had done this hundreds of times and had it completely under control. He takes pride in his work which is one of the many reasons why he is known to be the best. If I could recommend him to every bride in CT, I would.
    In addition to his expertise and professionalism, is his remarkable patience and kindness. Countless times he worked around our schedule when we needed to reschedule our meetings. He communicated efficiently by way of whichever mode suited us, from FaceTime or email.
    My only word of advice to his future clients is to relax and enjoy. Tim will be sure to prompt you with all the necessary questions you need to execute your incredibly special day, however that may look. Our wedding was black tie and took place at Harkness State Park. Thank you so much, Tim - we have these memories for life!
    - very happy (choosy) customers

Graham · Married on 05/30/2015

Hiring Tim Maynard for any event, and particularly for a wedding ceremony is a "no-brainer". Tim provided an exceptional value, impressive follow through and amazing talent. If I was ever to have any event where I needed music, I wouldn't think twice about calling Tim. Tim is also very personable, great about listening carefully and going to whatever extent is necessary to give his client exactly what they expect. Outstanding work!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 12/20/2014

Tim provided music for our wedding ceremony in the Hartford City Hall atrium. Tim was fantastic. The ceremony music was beautiful and made for a very intimate ceremony. The microphone service allowed our guests to easily hear the whole ceremony. We received many compliments from guests about the quality of the ceremony. We would highly recommend Tim to other couples looking for a classical guitarist.

Melissa · Married on 12/13/2014

Tim was extremely accommodating with our music requests. All I wanted was to walk down the aisle to Melissa by the Allman Brothers and Tim recorded a demo of the song and sent it to me so I could hear it before making a decision. That sold it for us and we were extremely happy with everything.

Linda · Married on 10/11/2014

I hired Tim Maynard to play music for my ceremony and cocktail hour and he was absolutely amazing!! He played with a violinist and I couldn't be happier with their performance. My husband and I received so many compliments for incorporating live music in our wedding and we made the right choice using Tim. He is incredibly talented and has a vast list of songs he can do and was very accommodating with music choices. He also offered us our choice of any 3 songs of any genre for him to play in classical style. I would recommend him to any bride looking to add extra class to her wedding!!

Cristina · Married on 09/27/2014

Tim was by far the most professional person I worked with throughout wedding planning. He is prompt with all communication and very organized. Most importantly, he plays beautiful music! In addition, he was so accommodating in learning several new songs so that we could experience the exact wedding day that we have always dreamed of. There is just something so special about beautiful live music during a wedding ceremony. We also hired Tim to play during our cocktail hour and got many compliments. Thanks Tim, we are so thankful you were part of our day!