Three Little Words Reviews

19 Reviews for Three Little Words

1 User photo

Three Little Words 1

Bradley · Getting married on 09/01/2019

Sam ran the show and kept it all together!

We hired Three Little Words as our month-of planner. When the month and the day finally came and went, we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Samantha was professional, organized, timely, and tough when she needed to be. She thought of everything we didn't and kept everything on track and together. Before the wedding day, she had all her touchpoints done, and on the wedding day, she saved our butts more than once. When we arrived back at our honeymoon suite, all of our stuff, cake, food, and decor were all packed up and waiting for us. Samantha proved her value on multiple occasions and we would use her and recommend her team for anyone looking for that extra bit of help to take the pressure off.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Three Little Words's reply:

Thank you so much, Brad! It was truly my pleasure to be there for you and Laura on your wedding day. I am glad my bow-tie skills were able to come in handy!

Adrianne · Married on 06/27/2019

Everything I needed!

Sam was amazing! Professional, punctual, organized, all of those things. I planned a very small ceremony long-distance (I live in Houston). Sam took care of everything, so when I showed up in New Orleans, all I needed to do was get married!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Jen Gebbia · Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding Coordination Perfection!!

Samantha and her team from Three Little Words were absolutely amazing! Hiring TLW for our month of coordination was the best decision we could have made throughout our entire wedding planning process. Samantha was a joy to work with beginning with our initial meeting over a cocktail. She was easy to talk with and quickly responded to calls/emails. Samantha truly went out of her way to perfectly implement our wedding vision, including creating a day-of- timeline, confirming times/details with vendors, and set up/clean up of our wedding ceremony and reception items. Samantha and her team gathered our presents, decor/belongings, and left over food from the venue at the end of the night; which we were able to pick up from her the next week. We truly were able to enjoy the night; while Samantha and her team rocked all the small details and beyond! Could not recommend Three Little Words enough!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Jessica Sigmundsson · Married on 03/09/2019

Professional and fun

We hired Three Little Words for month-of coordination and it was easily the best money we spent on our wedding. Sam was so helpful during the planning process, making herself available for questions I had, recommending vendors and connecting us to a few for us to hire. Once everything was handed off to her and her team, I knew I didn't have to worry about anything falling through the cracks. Sam actually got the flu right before our wedding and Three Little Words quickly shifted their team around. Danie was with us the whole day and had such a great energy. She took care of things I hadn't even thought of - her kit of day-of necessities is no joke.

I seriously cannot recommend Three Little Words enough, they made the day perfect.

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfection and Stress free!

Sam was the most amazing planner ever! She went above and beyond to make sure we had the most perfect wedding weekend ever! If there was any type of bump in the road, she was on top of it to do whatever necessary to correct it. We are still getting comments on how perfect our wedding was and how smooth everything was from start to finish! That is all thanks to Sam! Not only is she an amazing planner, she's a terrific person to work with! We actually had started with another planner, and once I spoke with Sam once, we switched immediately. Do yourself a favor and hire Sam for your wedding, you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Christel · Married on 05/20/2018

The best team on the Gulf Coast! So happy with our special day. Thank you Samantha for making it perfect!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/12/2018

Choosing Three Little Words was the first and best decision we made for our wedding. We Worked primarily with Samantha and could not be more thankful for her help. For us, this was a destination wedding and we knew very little about the vendors we were hiring. Samantha assisted with every aspect of our wedding and the time and effort she put into our day was beyond what we could have expected. We literally had very little stress throughout the entire planning process and I cannot even put into words everything she did for us the day of the wedding. As the bride, I did not have to worry about one aspect of the day, it was completely carefree and anxiety free. I did not have to interface with any of the vedors that day and if there were issues, I did not know anything about them and for that we cannot be more thankful. The best decision we made was hiring Three Little Words! - Jen and Andy

Sent on 06/09/2018

Paige and Patrick · Married on 04/14/2018

We hired Three Little Words with about 7 months from the month we planned to get married. We are not local to New Orleans and would be planning/coordinating from another state. With a slightly reduced timeline, they got right to work. They took the personal touch to talk with us before anything started. We certainly thought they seemed like the right fit for us then. Now, post-wedding it is quite clear that our day would not have been as incredible and stress free as it was without them.
    They helped and coordinated with us from start to finish (even helping get items back to our hotel rooms after the wedding). They took the time to get to know us and listen to what we were asking for, and specifically tailored the experience for what we asked. They provided well-planned and detailed options for vendors within our taste and price-range. They made it simple for us to make the “big decisions” without any stress. A few weeks before the wedding when I was getting more stressed out, they were extremely responsive answering my questions about any of the small details.
    Our wedding was more perfect than I could have imagined it could be. Their professionalism, knack for details and personal attention allowed us to fully enjoy, relax and celebrate on our wedding day without stress. They thought of everything and were prepared for everything. Example: The day of our wedding there were severe thunderstorms (A tornado warning in the morning, the power went out at the venue). These amazing ladies handled everything that came their way. Samantha and Dani are phenomenal planners/coordinators.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Anna · Married on 03/24/2018

I don't think I can say enough good things about these girls. They were recommended from a friend and were hands down the best money spent on the wedding- my husband and our families kept saying this throughout the planning process! The moment I contacted them for help planning the wedding, Samantha was quick to respond with advice and how to proceed. Planning a wedding in 6 months from a distance was not something I had ever planned on... But I had always wanted to get married in New Orleans and it was going to happen before starting graduate school in June 2018. The girls reassured me this was absolutely doable with a little bit of hustle!

They did an amazing job helping me to put the wedding together and I could not have done it without them! From suggesting vendors to being the liaison for all communication, they could not have been better. They may not know, but they helped me decide to hire a videographer as I was on the fence about needing one. It ended up being one of the best things I could have done. I'm so thankful for that advice as the videos are something I will cherish forever and help to remember a day that flew by, beyond grateful can't even begin to cover it. All of the last minute details are enough to drive you crazy, but having these girls on your side will help to make your day go smoothly. The day of the wedding, I was able to relax with my family and bridesmaids, drink mimosas, and just enjoy the day without having to worry about the venue being set up, putting the programs together (I hadn't even realized that they weren't already folded haha), and answering any last minute questions-- it was wonderful!

If you're struggling to decide to hire wedding planners or struggling to find the right ones, know that these girls will absolutely be worth it. They were the best investment for my wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Dana · Married on 02/17/2018

Do yourself a favor and book Three Little Words ASAP! Not only will you have the sweetest people available to you on your big day, but they will relieve your wedding day stresses and work tirelessly to ensure everything is flawless! We had a large outdoor ceremony and reception which required coordination from several local vendors. From start to finish, Samantha and Danie worked with us to answer our questions no matter how big or small! On our wedding day, our cake was delivered with some slight damage, however, we never knew! They handled the situation with grace and worked their magic to fix it without us even knowing! Also, they followed up with us and our cake vendor to ensure we were satisfied even after our wedding was over. We highly recommend Three Little Words because of the excellent service, ability to troubleshoot on the spot, attention to detail, and of course, they understand its YOUR big day not just another wedding or event. Our wedding would not have been the same without Three Little Words! We will forever be grateful for their hard work and dedication!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Charles · Married on 09/09/2017

It took us a while to find the right wedding planners for us. We are not your typical wedding people, and don't typically do traditional. We needed a team that could help us plan a wedding that was the party we wanted while also being something that the mother of the bride could invite her friends to. We approached Elizabeth and Samantha and the only thing we knew was that we wanted a party themed party with the soul of New Orleans. I'm not sure how, but they knew exactly what we meant, and helped us throw the party of the year. Everyone from old conservatives to young party animals had a great time. I don't know if there was a single guest that didn't say that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The ladies know what they're doing and will put the work in to get it done. I would never have a wedding again, but if I did it would be with Three Little Words by my side.

Sent on 09/27/2017

G · Married on 09/09/2017

Our daughter's wedding was in New Orleans. Parents of the bride live out of town. Three Little Words managed to keep everything running smoothly...from invitations to the shuttle...to the band...They even brought thread and a steamer to the house where we were all getting ready...and...our daughter and son in law had the most fun wedding ever. All you see is everyone dancing and smiling through the entire night.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Noelle · Married on 05/27/2017

If I could give Samantha, Elizabeth and Danie 10 stars I would. Absolutely the best decision we made booking 3 Little Words for our month of. All three girls were always so attentive and helpful with the planning process. The wedding weekend, Samantha and Elizabeth wow'd my entire family and bridal party with their organization, professionalism and super sweet personalities. They helped calm my nerves the week before when planning was getting very detailed! They came up with ideas and solutions for anything and everything before we could even think of it. The wedding day went so smooth and I thank them for it. They were simply amazing and I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/08/2017

Definitely don't think twice about booking Three Little Words! Samantha was so helpful in making our day feel stress-free and enjoyable. Having someone take care of each detail on our day allowed not only my husband and I to enjoy the day, but for all our family and friends to truly soak up the moments.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Mollye · Married on 08/27/2016

Samantha and Elizabeth were absolutely incredible planning/coordinating my wedding. They are extremely detail oriented, professional, and fun to be around. My bridal party loved them! They thought of things I never even thought of to ensure the night went so smoothly. These girls are trustworthy! Highly recommended can't thank them enough!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2017

Overall this is a great group of talented women. They put together our event from across the country for us, and even when Hurricane Nate tried to crash the party, they kept it going. They covered everything from ceremony and officiant, pies for the reception, and flowers to rescheduling our entire event when the city of New Orleans put down a city wide curfew the night of our wedding.

Sent on 11/02/2017
  • Justin

Justin Brunet · Getting married on 10/12/2019

1.8
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0

Would not recommend Sam to anyone

Overall, we had a pretty negative experience with Sam as our planner and ended up cutting ties with her 6 months away from our wedding despite having paid a deposit already. I would say things started off decently well - she made a planning timeline that seemed reasonable and gave us some recommendations for photographers, videographers, and flowers. We found the venue and band ourselves, so we didn't need her help for those.

However, her communication was always somewhat slow and confusing, and it got worse over time. We would have multiple threads going with her, and she would forget to respond to some of the threads and would only respond to some of the questions within a thread. It required us following up with her repeatedly to get responses on things.

The real kicker, though, was we planned a trip to New Orleans to do our tastings, an engagement shoot, and meet some vendors (we're coming from out of town, so this was our one time to do all this). This trip had been planned for months, but one week prior to us getting there, we learned that Sam had not planned our tasting at the venue and she said the days we were trying to do it were no longer possible. Rather than calling them and insisting they make time for us like we requested (we are spending a lot of money there after all), she simply sent them an email saying that we had asked her to push them on our behalf. That's a pretty weak and timid way to represent clients that are paying thousands of dollars for a 'full-service' package. It sounds like someone who's afraid to fight for their clients' best interests.

Once we called the venue ourselves, we were easily able to schedule the tasting for the day we wanted ("of course we'll make it work!" they said). It was at this point we learned she had only contacted them to schedule the tasting the week before. We thought this seemed like a good time to verify our other appointments had been made, and, sure enough, we discovered we didn't have a flower appointment like we thought.

One of the main things I would expect from a wedding planner is for them to be on top of the details and not let things slip through the cracks. It's almost ridiculous to think about how much we were being charged given how little of an effort Sam seemed to be making. I certainly can't recommend her to anyone else for help planning their wedding.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Justin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback. For the sake of clarity, we must note that you are the fiancé of Ms. Elle, the only other negative reviewer of our company, who
    previously took the time to write her own review echoing your same concerns. We responded in detail to that review with our apologies and efforts to rectify the situation, including steps to increase our communication with clients and efforts to strengthen our relationships with other wedding vendors in the city. We respectfully offer these same apologies and solutions to you. In addition, considering Three Little Words is committed to being the best wedding coordinating company in the city of New Orleans, please feel free to contact us at your convenience to discuss additional steps we can take to help you make your upcoming wedding day a dream come true.

With Warmest Regards,
    Samantha
  • Elle

Elle Roth · Getting married on 10/12/2019

1.0

Unprofessional, lack of attention to detail, and poor communication skills

I hired Sam to do full service planning and was deeply disappointed by her unprofessionalism, lack of attention to detail, and poor communication skills. We fired her because of these and multiple other issues and she refused to give us any money back.

Below are examples of how Sam failed to fulfill her planner duties:
    Communication: Often took 1+ weeks to respond to emails or didn't respond at all. Continuously forgot action items, messed up details and let things fall through the cracks like decorations, second line props, and ceremony sound. Her lack of communication forced us to micromanage the details and Sam herself. .

Vendor Selection & Management: Sam didn't listen to what we wanted, only offered vendors from her rolodex, and when asked for more options, suggested we search ourselves. We were forced to find 50% of the vendors ourselves including our band, second line, tent company, and one hotel block.

We told Sam we were unhappy and outlined our expectations of her, including pressing vendors on our behalf. Less than 24 hours later she told us doing a tasting on our one Nola wedding planning visit was impossible. However, after speaking with the restaurant myself, I was easily able to get them to accommodate us. They informed us she had only tried to book the tasting the week before (she knew we were coming for 5 months). Sam lied to us on multiple occasions and misrepresented vendor information including ceremony and reception timing, speaker options, and pricing of food and beverage packages.

Planning & scheduling: Sam was in charge of making our Nola visit schedule to meet all of our vendors (florist, photographer, venue, etc) 5 months before our wedding. We took a week of vacation days and spent a lot of money to come to Nola to plan. She assured us she was securing appointments, however, 4 days before the trip we learned that Sam had booked nothing except the HMU trial, which she booked for the wrong day. She failed to book 75% of appointments and when confronted by us, she lied and blamed our vendors. However, after speaking with all of our vendors directly, all confirmed that Sam had not scheduled any appointments with them.

Additionally, all of our vendors find Sam confusing and difficult to work with. Her communication style is very unclear, leading to unnecessary confusion and frustration. We had several vendors reach out to us directly to ask what we wanted, because they were so confused by Sam's requests.

All in all, Sam booked a few vendors, and did nothing more, even though we paid her the full service price. Worse yet, she blamed everyone, including us as her clients, and our vendors, for her mistakes. She took 0 responsibility and when asked for a refund, and she didn't answer for an entire week, responding only after we had emailed her a second time. She refused us a refund, even though she failed to uphold the majority of the duties in her contract.

After firing Sam, we learned from multiple sources in the Nola wedding industry that she is known for being confusing, unclear, and disorganized, especially on the day of, where other vendors have had to step in and become wedding planners for her.

Bride to bride - do not book Sam as your planner. She caused an immense amount of stress and almost ruined our wedding. Give your money to someone who respects you as a bride, and will cause happy tears instead of hopeless ones.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Elle,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your
    feedback. At Three Little Words, we are always striving to be the best wedding coordinators in the Greater New Orleans area, and listening to our clients’ viewpoints (both positive and negative) is essential to reaching that goal. While up until this point we have had nothing but stellar, five-star reviews and have consistently been voted as one of the top wedding vendors in New Orleans, we are truly sorry that you had a less than ideal experience with us. As such, we are taking active steps to improve our client experience going forward. In particular, we are increasing the frequency of communication with clients to ensure that everyone is clear on the status and schedule of the wedding planning process, and we are taking additional steps to inform our
    out-of-town clients of the many nuances of New Orleans weddings so as to provide peace of mind for those planning their dream destination wedding. We have also reached out to all vendors we work with to ensure we are working as a team to provide the best overall experience to our collective clients. Once
    again, we deeply regret that you were unhappy with our services, but considering that we remain committed to helping our clients, we would love to have the opportunity to rectify the situation. As
    such, please feel free to contact us at your convenience to discuss additional steps we can take to help make your upcoming wedding the best day of your life.

With Warmest Regards,