54 Reviews for A Thousand Words Photography

Albums (3)
Destination / Travel (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)

1.0

When we first met Michelle, she seemed very professional and easy going. We decided to go with her and her husband's photography business, as it seemed to be a good fit. We met mid-October for the engagement photos. I did notice that at some points, she decided to use flash in the the middle of the day, when it was sunny. I am an amateur photographer myself, so that struck me as odd but I figured, she knows what she's doing. We wrapped up the shoot and she told us it would be 1-2 weeks before we get the photos. Fast forward to two weeks and no response or photos, I reached out. She said she would send them out the next week but failed to do so. Of course, we were excited to see them but I understood that editing can take time. Over a month later, we were absolutely devastated when we finally received the "finished product." There was zero editing done, so all the photos were raw, which baffled us, since it took so long for her to produce them. She would zoom in super close on some of the poses and maybe change a few to B&W but that was the extent of her editing. The angles were awkward and looked nothing like us. The photos where she utilized flash were obvious, as I was concerned they would be. Some of the shots, she instructed us to pose certain ways and because of this, in some photos, you can almost see up my dress, which I thought was odd that she decided to provide us with. I voiced my concerns with close friends and family and even consulted another professional photographer who stated that you can tell she is using nice equipment, but does not know what she is doing with it. I told her this, she refused to listen to how we felt and stated that the photos were great and looked really nice. I asked her to please compromise and pay us back half of the deposit of over $1200 we put in. She refused. At this time, it was about a year out before out wedding which is 9/9/18. If you move forward (which I HIGHLY caution) be sure to request the husband.

Profile Picture Carly, 9/9/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Michelle was amazing! She kept us on task and made sure that all involved had fun. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Meghan, 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files

A Thousand Words Photography is amazing! Jim and Michelle are such nice people and we felt very comfortable in their capable hands. My husband and I are not fans of having our picture taken, but Jim made our engagement shoot fun and it was reflected in the pictures. We couldn't have asked for more on our wedding day! Jim was so helpful in keeping us (me) on track as we got ready. The pictures came out terrific and it will be hard to narrow them down for the album.

Profile Picture Jennifer , 5/20/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

Jim and Michelle were professional from start to finish! From explaining what their services included to accommodating the engagement location to the final moments at the end of the wedding! They were efficient and creative! Even when the officiant was late almost an hour! I would recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing stress free wedding photographer! Because of the two of them I got to enjoy the wedding and not worry about if any moments were missed! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Betty

Profile Picture Betty, 5/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We met Jim at a wedding showcase and hired him on the spot, we couldn't be happier with our choice. I absolutely would recommend him to everybody! He was so much fun to work with for both our engagement and wedding photos. Our pictures are absolutely stunning and we are thrilled with them. Our wedding coordinator commented how much our venue enjoyed working with Jim and how great our photos are. I'm so happy to have such amazing photos to remember all of the special moments of our wedding.

Profile Picture Heather, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

So far, working with A Thousand Words has been great. You can tell right away that they are very experienced with wedding photography, and timelines. We had our engagement shoot and Michelle was so easy to work with, and the photos came out great! They are making us a Guest Book with our engagment photos for the wedding. I am looking forward to working with them on our wedding day, and to see how those photos come out!

ETA: Our wedding was the other day and Michelle was amazing. She kept me informed of what was happening, and what needed to happen next. It snowed the whole day, but she had no problems bringing us out and even getting some incredible shots with the falling snow. I can't wait to get all of the photos back!

Profile Picture User4975018, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We got married last night and we are so happy we chose the vendors we did. A Thousand Words came highly recommended from my bridal salon. I was able to meet Michelle at a bridal expo, and then we both met with Jim for a consultation. We instantly felt at ease and knew this was the photographer for us. A comprehensive package at a reasonable price, something hard to find with the word "wedding" attached! We had an engagement shoot last spring and Michelle created a guest book for us from those photos. Fast forward to last night, Jim and Mike arrived right on on (even though we got caught up late at the salon). Jim immediately took charge the minute we got there and got everything organized and all the shots we needed. We had a first look and got the majority of our formal pics done before the ceremony. We braved the cold and took a ton of outdoor pics. Reception was awesome, Jim even got up on a ladder for us and got a group shot with all our guests. Truly, Jim and Mike were a pleasure to work with and so much fun. We hardly knew they were there. We CANNOT wait to see the pictures. Thank you all for being a part of our special day.

Profile Picture Stacy, 1/28/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images

I met Jim at a bridal expo and talked to him for 10 minutes. Two months later he still remembered our conversation and my husband to be's name. They were amazing through the whole wedding process with engagement photos, our guest book and then wedding day photos. Jim was on point about keeping my wandering wedding party together and it made a world of difference! Everyone at my wedding commented on how professional they were and that they even added to the fun of the day! I am truly thankful for finding such a wonderful group! We know who will be our family photographer in the future!
If you have any doubts, ignore them. Book A Thousand Words! Best wedding decision I made!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jim and Michelle were great when we started talking about our photography for our wedding. Our engagement shoot with Jim was really fun and we loved getting to look through all the photos after. On the day of the wedding, Jim and Cole spent a lot of time gathering fun, detailed, and romantic shots that we are so excited to see once they have been edited! Getting a guest book with our engagement photos was really cool too! We will definitely consider using A Thousand Words in the future!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

Jim and his staff at A Thousand Words Photography are absolutely amazing! They have great prices and we got engagement photos and two photographers with our contract. All of our photos came out spectacular - Jim has an eye for different angles and lighting that really make your day look extra special. Jim and his staff are down to earth, funny, and have a way to make you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. I'll be using them for all our photography needs in the future!

Profile Picture Victoria/Nathan, 9/10/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images

Michelle and Jim are so sweet and fun to work with, the quality of their work is excellent too!!

Profile Picture Jen, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't say enough about Jim and Michelle! Not only was their photography excellent, but their personalities make the process fun and easy going! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michelle and Jim were amazing! I would highly recommend them for your wedding day! Very professional, captured amazing shots and definitely helped calm my nerves before walking down the aisle!! Thank you again :)

Profile Picture Justine, 6/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jim and Michelle did our engagement pictures last fall, and our wedding in June. They are an amazing team ! They were always very responsive to emails and answered all questions guickly !! We loved that we got to see some teasers on facebook a few weeks after the wedding. We can't wait to see the rest of our wedding pictures !

Profile Picture Alison, 6/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

A Thousand Words Photography was absolutely one of my favorite, booked, wedding vendors. Jim not only took creative and breathtaking photos he assisted with the entire flow of the evening. Prior to the big day, Jim facilitated a timeline with me for the entire wedding (to ensure enough time and the best possible photos) and assisted in keeping me on time to each important moment. Jim truly went above and beyond with his services. When he wasn't taking stunning pictures he was helping my dad with his cuff links, the men with their boutineers, and even helped my sister and mom with bustling my dress. I would recommend booking with A Thousand Words Photography in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you are looking for photographers that have the personal and professional touch, Jim and Michelle are for you. From day one up to the wedding day, every question or concern was answered in a timely manner. Michelle and Janelle were our photographers for our wedding day and words can't describe how truly awesome they were. The little things are what made the whole experience with them perfect. Thank you

Profile Picture carrie, 10/11/15, 2 Reviews
2.6

I am incredibly disappointed. When we booked our engagement photo shoot, we were thrilled with the results and the book we received was beautiful as well. Since we had also signed for multiple books for our wedding photos with our family, we couldn't wait. Fast forward to less than a week before our wedding and we learn one of the photographers we had originally booked had left and we had a different photographer coming. Not really a big deal with all the remaining planning, but it irked me we hadn't gotten more notice. It did work out however, having two photographers, one of either gender.

The photos we took were beautiful, and they were eager to fulfill our photo dreams. When we saw the proofs we were so excited, although it did take about three months to get the digital images. We sent our photos out for our books, waiting for the proof. It seemed to take a rather long time for the proof to come through, and when it did we were so disappointed. The images didn't flow as our previous book did, they seemed sloppy, crowded and rushed. My husband, being a graphic artist, saw many parts of the photo editing that were incomplete, and just looked very poor altogether. We had sent the exact number of photos they asked for, and when we mentioned we weren't pleased with the results they tried to blame the amount of photos we had sent. Regardless of previous conversations, they said we would have to eliminate photos from the book.

After eliminating photos and requesting the book to look similar to our engagement photo book, we waited for the proof. However, it never came. Months went by. Finally, I called. The woman who answered said she sent them but couldn't tell me when. She resent it, but they weren't much better. We just agreed, since we had already paid, and waited again. NOW we get an email saying we have to go pick "it" up. Not "them." Now to find out if they only gave us one, or the multiple as we paid for. Sorely disappointed.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images

Jim and Michelle are amazing!!! They are absolutely wonderful to work with. Extremely professional and very knowledgeable on how weddings are supposed to go. They even stepped in to act as my wedding planner when the venues representative didn't do her job. It didn't seem as if we were working with our photographers but more like we were working with friends as they made us feel that comfortable. I felt like they really cared about making sure our wedding was perfect. If you want beautiful pictures taken by extremely talented and caring people then hire them today!!

Profile Picture User4145030, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

They are an awesome group to work with! Wish the had take the photos I asked for at wedding, but everything was a little rushed for the family photos portion...my parents are divorced and I wanted 2 separate photos of each set and they didn't. They did both sets in the same photo and then just kept adding our extended family. Now I don't have a photo to share with each set.

Profile Picture User5645719, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images

Working with Jim and Michelle was so easy. I'm not someone who really likes having their picture taken but it was so comfortable and I really felt at ease. The pictures took a little long to get but I know it was because of the pride they take in their work. It was definitely worth the wait, my pictures are AMAZING. I am having a really hard time deciding which ones I want to blow up and display at home.

Profile Picture User5644020, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

A Thousand Words photography was wonderful to work with! They were always helpful and quick to respond throughout the planning process. On our wedding day, A Thousand Words made our day so stress free and they took so many great pictures. We are so happy we went with them and would recommend them to anyone looking!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jim and Michelle were wonderful to work with and captured all that we wanted for our wedding!

Profile Picture Nikki, 7/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jim was wonderful to work with, professional and easy going. The photographs are wonderful and captured the essence of our day. So glad we chose a thousand words photography for our wedding.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jim and Michelle were amazing. They made us feel so comfortable. They were friendly, professional and so flexible with our schedules. The pictures were absolutely stunning. They truly made my wedding day amazing! Will use them for all photos in the future!

Profile Picture User4137687, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

They were amazing and laidback, i really like how jim took control because we endes up with some really really amazing photos!!!!

Profile Picture User5303303, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews