27 Reviews for Thornager's on Kiltie Lane

Liability Insurance (1)
Family Style (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
27 Thornager's on Kiltie Lane Reviews

Karen, the owner, makes everything to order so it was the perfect choice for my daughter's reception. She worked the menu around food allergies and even made a special plate for one guest. Most importantly everything was hot and delicious! Guests raved - one of the best receptions they had attended.

Profile Picture Channing, 7/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Thornager's was great! Nicole was extremely helpful with answering any questions that I had and Karen helped me to put all of my ideas together to make for a great day! The food was fantastic and the staff were all very sweet. I would highly recommend Thornager's to anyone looking for amazing food, great customer service and a cozy atmosphere!

Profile Picture Corinne, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chair Covers, Chairs, Tables, Tents, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Karen is extremely pleasant to work with and her staff are very willing to help with anything requested.

Profile Picture Anna, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Indoor, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking

Thornagers did a fantastic job handling my rehearsal dinner for 65 people and then returning the next day for my wedding for 90. She had a wide variety of menus and food to choose from, however, I decided to pick some of my own recipes to go with some of hers. It turned out amazing! My husband is from Ireland so she helped me bring out little things through the menu to show appreciation to his culture. She can either take charge or work with you with your vision. I love love love food, so this was very important to me. Keep an open line of communication and you will have a fantastic menu!

Profile Picture Hattie, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Great venue and service. The staff did a wonderful job keeping things going.

Profile Picture User6359155, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Karen and her staff provided the most delicious food for our wedding reception. Everything was beautifully displayed and labeled. Although she was not able to attend, herself, as she had several other weddings that weekend - her staff was so professional and helpful, you'd never know "the boss" wasn't present! Our guests were so pleased with the options available, and how scrumptious everything tasted... all went home well fed!

Profile Picture User5352243, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had our wedding reception at Thornagers and it was truly lovely. The location is beautiful and fit our vision for a laid back wedding- because it is so nicely decorated already, we didn't even worry about additional decorations. The staff were incredible- they kept my husband and I supplied with drinks the whole time and saved appetizers for us. Karen is incredibly down to earth. She has done this so many times, and will make a party that fits your budget, desires and personality. It was sometimes hard to get email responses before a few weeks of the wedding, but they've got a lot going on, and that's for a reasons- they know what they are doing and do it really well. If I had to do it over, I would absolutely book Thornagers again.

Profile Picture User5537033, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Stations, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Karen and her staff were fantastic. They were friendly, helpful and they took the stress out of any and all wedding issues. They were flexible, and when we had a problem with the cake that came from Phoenix unfrozen and had an issue with the frosting as a result, Karen had an amazing baker fix it in time for our big day. The venue was cozy and the staff was on hand for all our needs. It was fun being married in the Pines, and it provided for a unique experience for ourselves and our guests. The food was great and everyone enjoyed it. Karen is a real pro when it comes to these types of affairs and knows how to anticipate problems and her response was always yes I can. I love that and we loved Thornagers.

Profile Picture Kandace, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

For our wedding we had our ceremony at The Arboretum in Flagstaff and then the reception at Thornager's on Kiltie Lane just down the street. I loved the pair of both of these venues together. Thornager's provided delicious food (we got the Arizona BBQ buffet option) and amazing service. Thornager's gives you a lot of flexibility in decorating and gives your family/friends the whole day to set the place up for no extra charge (this is a big deal because a lot of other places we looked at charged by the hour). We loved having an indoor/outdoor wedding, where half the guests sat inside and half outside (mainly the younger people chose outside). It brought people outside and we even had some fun backyard games set up like corn hole and outdoor checkers. I totally recommend checking into Thornager's if you are having a wedding with less than 200 (250 might be ok too...). We had 150 people. We are still getting complements on our wedding from our guests, they loved it and Thornager's was the perfect size reception hall for us!

Profile Picture Kellie, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Karen was an absolute pleasure! She was so helpful through out the entire event and she helped run everything smoothly. The food and cake were delicious! The guests raved about the appetizers and the Mac and cheese! Karen went above and beyond to make our day so special. We would recommend her to anyone in the Flagstaff area!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thornager's was beautiful and perfect for my wedding reception! We had anticipated a perfect spring day, but it ended up raining instead. Nicole did not even hesitate to double check what I wanted and had many contingency plans already. Nicole was there every step of the way and made everything really easy, especially maintaing contact and verifying everything. The venue was beautiful and the price was the best in Flagstaff. Karen did a wonderful job in the kitchen and the tri tip is to die for!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an excellent time working with Thoranger's. Karen's knowledge was very helpful as we planned our wedding from out of town. A+ all around for venue flexibility and general awesomeness.

Profile Picture Jesse, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thornager's worked with us extensively before the wedding to pack in the most value for our dollar. They gave us honest feedback along the way. They were extremely helpful with planning our food and catering. As a perk, their food was very good and we got nothing but compliments from our guests.

Profile Picture User4538792, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a wonderful experience with the entire staff and the venue. Everyone was professional and friendly and the food was amazing. I would definitely recommend this venue in the future.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Excellent services and event. People raved about the food and the great, relaxing, and beautiful setting. Event manager very helpful and well organized. Theses people are seasoned and know what they are doing.

Profile Picture Maureen, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Thornagers was the first venue I looked at, I absolutely loved everything about it! Karen the owner was amazing to work with, she gave me several recommendations and really knows what she is doing. Eric the event service manager took such great care of us during the rehearsal and helped me plan out the ceremony. Everything on the wedding day went very smoothly and stress free so I could enjoy our day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding reception at Thornager's, and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out! From the beginning Karen was extremely helpful and flexible, and even jumped in to save the day when I couldn't find a bakery to make my wedding cake for a reasonable price.

The venue was lovely and rustic, the food was to die for, and everything seemed to go flawlessly with the staff and service. I would absolutely recommend Thornager's for anyone looking to throw an event in Flagstaff.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thornagers exceeded our expectations. Superb food and staff!

Profile Picture Jill, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake

Our wedding was amazing. The staff was great and our wedding reception was seamless. My husband and I were able to fully enjoy our reception without worrying about anything. The food was outstanding. Also, Karen and her staff was very flexible in accommodating our different needs throughout the planning process. For everything that was included the price was really reasonable. I cannot say enough good things about Thornagers.

Profile Picture Nora, 5/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen and her staff made our wedding a wonderful and very memorable experience. Karen was really friendly the entire time we worked with her leading up to and on the wedding day. We felt like we got so much for the money spent. We received a lot of compliments on the food. We had tri-tip steak, carved turkey, salad and vegetables, along with the wonderful mashed potato bar. There was not one person who didn't think the mashed potato bar was amazing. The staff was really friendly and attentive and Karen's assistant Eric was really helpful and detail oriented. My husband and I are so glad we chose Thornager's for our wedding. It was really perfect for our intimate wedding of 75 people and it is located in the pines which feels so rustic and warm. I can honestly say our wedding came out exactly how we had envisioned and a big part of that was Karen and her staff and the lovely venue that Thornager's is.

Profile Picture User3607374, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen and Eric at Thornager's on Kiltie Lane are very professional and fun to work with. The first day we met Karen, she asked us "our vision" for the reception. Not only does she make amazing food, she also acts as wedding planner of sorts. We received SO many compliments on the comfortable setting of the venue and the deliciousness of the food. Thornager's provides the venue, tables, linens, silverware, food, and alcohol...that value is unbeatable!

Profile Picture Katy, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen and Eric were great. They helped us with everything we needed. The food was amazing and well worth the cost! Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful and went better than i ever could have imagined thanks to Karen and her staff. Th only thing I would say was a little slow was the time it took them to answer e-mails, it usually took about a week for Karen to respond. Other than that the venue was amazing and they worked so well with our needs and our guests needs! I would for sure recommend them for your wedding or event.

Profile Picture Megan , 9/28/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We are thrilled to recommend Thornagers on Kilte Lane, our wedding was perfect!

live in Albuquerque and wanted to get married in Flagstaff, which was an easier execution on paper than reality. Thankfully Karen and Tim worked with us and made a stressfull situation very easy and the end result was perfection. During our lead up to the wedding we had some very sad personal events happen and had to neglect the wedding planning, but they went out of their way to help us.

Karen even was the go between with us and our ceramony site, which was so nice to have one less burden lifted.

Our Guests raved about the set up and the food, my uncle who is also a foodie like myself, and attends tons of wedding commented on it being the best wedding meal he has had. Thornagers set up three stations, simple but elegant, one a salad bartender that tossed each salad in a martini shaker and served it in a martini glass, another a carving station, the last a selection of mashed potatoes including purple potates and toppings..

They set up the dining tables outside on their patio that is surrounded by pine trees, a treat for us desert kids. The recption took place at dusk and the lighting was so dramatic.

The berry cake was heavenly with differnt layers of chipolte chocolate and lemon, it was divine.

We thank Thornagers for a wonderful night!

The Reids

Profile Picture Russell, 6/3/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As an Event Mangager myself, I had a critical eye on my own wedding plans. Karen Sorenson at Thornager's was a perfect fit. She was warm, friendly, calming, excellent attention to detail and just pleasant to work with. The most valuable asset Karen provided was her experience and knowledge of ceremony protocol. She did the entire rehearsal multiple times in order that I would feel comfortable. She never rushed the process. On the wedding day, she was there to gently guide all parties to their places and assured timing was perfect. I enjoyed the planning process with Karen and would highly recommend her establisment.

Profile Picture Sharon , 12/30/11, 1 Review