Thomas Hill Organics Reviews

27 Reviews for Thomas Hill Organics

• Kristin

Kristin C. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Full Patio Buyout

Our original wedding was scheduled for May, but ended up being in October. We did a full buyout of the patio which was an intimate set up. The food was amazing per usual, with generous servings and everything coming out hot. Servers went around to each table and made sure everyone had enough to drink. We ended up being under our minimum so we cleaned out their wine stock. I loved the simplicity of the tables, that they had heaters readily available, and that no one went hungry or thirsty. Would highly recommend. Working with Micah was super easy, she answered questions quickly and was flexible when we were making changes the week of.

Sent on 11/01/2020

Megan P. · Married on 12/16/2019

Awesome service & food

Thomas Hill Organics was an awesome pick to cater my wedding last month. I worked with Micah through the whole time and they were very organized and helpful through my whole experience. All the guests loved the food options. My husband and I are both vegan and they had no problem accommodating a vegan option into the menu. Per guest it came out to 90$ a head but was worth it all because we had a plated intimate service.

Sent on 01/03/2020

Megan,
    Thank you so much for the amazing review. It was our pleasure to cater your intimate, gorgeous wedding and I am glad we could accommodate your needs. Getting married is one of the most exciting times in a person’s life and can also be stressful. I do my best to make sure each bride and groom are at ease and happy with their choices. You also made this easy for me! We strive to customize each wedding to the bride and groom’s needs and I’m so happy we seamlessly pulled it off for you!
    You were truly a beautiful bride! Again, congratulations to you and Travis!

Cheers and Happy New Year!
    Micah Stumbo-Thomas
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2018

Exceptional Food and Service!

It's always an absolute pleasure working with Thomas Hill Organics! As a wedding and event planner, I have high expectations for my vendors, and THO delivers every time. Their food and staff are amazing. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Jackie · Married on 09/08/2018

We chose Thomas Hill for our wedding in San Luis Obispo. We really enjoyed working with Debbie and her team to craft the menu and plan for the day. They were very accommodating about creating proposals based on different serving options and helping to coordinate rentals. We and our guests loved the food, it was not your typical boring wedding food and the quality was excellent.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Karen · Married on 10/13/2017

The THO team who catered our son's wedding rehearsal dinner could not have been better. CJ, the lead, was so organized and creative in her arranging of the buffet, guest tables and even found amazing containers at our VRBO for the napkins and flatware . . . totally creative. The cooks, Frankie and Juana, were also delightful and not only produced exactly what we had asked for but left the kitchen spotless and leftovers in our refrigerator. CJ even took charge of the dessert I had made and served it for me, giving me more time with our guests.

The food was excellent. The up-front coordination was efficient, clear and complete. By the time the date arrived I had no worries. Overall, excellent!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Anne · Married on 09/23/2017

We live on the east coast but my son and his fiancée planned a wedding near Paso Robles. My now daughter-in-law is a chef and when I asked her where she'd like for us to have the rehearsal dinner, she didn't hesitate; Thomas Hill Organics was her first choice. Luckily for us, with eight months lead time, we were able to reserve the entire patio for our event. Jillian, the Catering Manager, could not have been more accommodating and more professional! She responded to every e-mail and always with a helpful answer. She was so wonderful at making us feel as though we were at the top of her list of events.

Then came the event itself. The room was perfect. The staff was amazing. The food was absolutely unbelievable.

I just wish I lived closer because it would definitely be my favorite place to dine. Phenomenal!!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Katie · Married on 07/01/2017

Jillian and the entire team from Thomas Hill Organics were absolutely phenomenal. Not only was the food truly outstanding (I'm still hearing glowing reviews from our guests!), they were a pleasure to work with and were more than accommodating in all of our requests. And last but certainly not least, Jillian made sure my husband and I actually ate at our reception - I'm so glad she pulled us aside for some appetizers, as they were SO tasty that I would have been seriously bummed out if I'd missed them. We were beyond thrilled with our experience - it was perfect!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Exceptional food and service. I would highly recommend Thomas Hill Organics.

Sent on 12/17/2015

We used Thomas Hill for our rehearsal dinner, and were so very pleased with their service, hospitality, and delicious food! From the start Kacey worked with us to nail down every detail needed, answering the numerous questions I had and remaining patient and professional the whole time. Her replies to my emails were always very quick which helped with the planning process. The food at Thomas Hill is nothing short of amazing, and not only did we love every bite, but our guests would not stop commenting on the food and how delicious it was! If you are considering using Thomas Hill for any catering need, I would definitely go for it, and I can say that you will be very pleased!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Reina · Married on 05/30/2015

I highly recommend Thomas Hill Organics. Kacey House was amazing to work with. She always responded in a timely manner and made sure all of our requests were met. The food was spot on and delicious for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding day. All our guests raved about the food. Everyone wanted more! The staff was also wonderful to all of our guests. I couldn't ask for more.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Thomas Hill Organics was a HUGE hit. Robin and her team were a joy to work with and even with our last minute requests, they adjusted their schedule to accomodate ours! The food was out of this world--innovative, fresh, and delicious! Thank you so much for your unique ideas and wonderful execution. We cannot wait to use you again!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/18/2015

A few friends recommended that we try this adorable little spot for dinner one night after wine tasting. One bite and my fiance (at the time) and I were hooked. We knew we had to serve this food at our wedding. The food is fresh, local and delightful. The THO staff worked with me to develop an amazing menu that was fresh, in-season and delicious. This is not your average wedding food as some of our guests put it. THO wowed us!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2014

We came here for Brunch the morning after our wedding. The outdoor patio is so quaint and lovely, and the restaurant handled our party amazingly! Their food is fantastic, we were so happy with how we were treated and the service given!!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Tressa · Married on 08/09/2014

We were so happy with our choice to have Thomas Hill Organics cater our wedding! The food was delicious and we received great reviews from the guests. The staff was professional and they are very responsive during the planning process. Having researched quite a few catering companies in the area, I found that they were also a great value for the quality of food/service that they provided. Not only is this a favorite restaurant of ours when visiting Paso, but their catering is also top notch!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2014

We go into THO every time we visit Paso Robles. Their ambiance, revolving and seasonal menu and delicious wine list, keeps us coming back. When we decided to get married in Paso, we knew we wanted THO to cater. They were reasonably priced, very easy to work with; they planned a meal we wanted within our budget and even upgraded our meat choice at no extra charge for our wedding. The food was great! We had a lot of compliments from our guests about our food choice, not to mention their staff was also excellent, too. I’m so glad we had our favorite Paso restaurant as a part of our wedding day.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Robert · event on: 10/22/2013

Fantastic food - fantastic service

Debbie and her staff five stars

Sent on 11/22/2013

Pamela · Married on 09/07/2013

We had a wonderful experience with Thomas Hill Organics! We chose them as our caterer because we are huge fans of their restaurant; I've honestly never had anything there I haven't loved. The coordinator Hallie was very professional and responsive; any questions or concerns I had were quickly addressed. The staff on-site was friendly and unobtrusive and did an excellent job cleaning up the venue after dinner. Hallie also helped me put together a wonderful menu, and assisted me with decisions on the dishes, bar menu and printed menu options. The food itself was absolutely fantastic and got rave reviews from our guests. The overall cost was a tad on the pricey side, but the quality of the food truly justified the price. I would absolutely recommend Thomas Hill Organics as a caterer and look forward to my next trip to the restaurant.

Sent on 09/10/2013

R. J. · event on: 07/09/2013

Amazing Menu and Staff and service - thank you !

Sent on 09/24/2013

Janell · Married on 06/01/2013

Debbie is FANTASTIC! We absolutely love her and LOVE THO! Their food is delicious and completely organic. The only bad thing we could say is that Debbie's assistant, Hallie, is very new and green to the wedding world. She isn't very organized and doesn't seem to catch important details, she also had a tendency to be rude, but whenever we brought this up to Debbie, Debbie would handle it immediately and her kindness and problem solving skills would fix everything.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Thomas Hill Organics's reply:

Janell, I am so pleased you loved our food! Thank you for the kind words. I am saddened that your experience with Hallie was not top notch. She has always been very organized and detail oriented. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Debbie Thomas, Owner

Kelly · Married on 05/25/2013

Thomas Hill was amazing! People are still talking about the food!!!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Brynn · Married on 08/04/2012

Let me just say...not trying to brag or anything...BUT...we, hands down, had the most amazing food at our wedding. I can guarantee that you can ask any of our guests and they will tell you the same exact thing! I seriously dream about the food, still! Debbie and her team really know what they are doing...every morsel was just melt in your mouth slices of heaven. I even decided to add a couple of their cakes to our cake bar... the tres leche & the chocolate fondant (chocolate molten amazingness!!!)...

I'll back up for just a moment...THO happened by chance for us... we naturally gravitated toward the main catering companies, which unfortunately were all booked up for our date once we began the search. Feeling defeated, I wasn't sure where to turn...so, in the meantime, I contacted Debbie at THO about doing our rehearsal dinner there. Well, lucky, lucky me!!! I learned that they also did outside catering and that they were available to cater our wedding!!! So, long story short - after many scrumptious, drool worthy menus that were sent my way, Thomas Hill Organics naturally fit the bill to satisfy both our rehearsal dinner & wedding day catering needs! Yes, people, they are THAT GOOD!!!

THANK YOU THOMAS HILL ORGANICS (AND DEBBIE THOMAS, ESPECIALLY) for absolutely everything... rave reviews to all of you...and may that tres leche cake come back into my life again soon! ;) XOXOXO Brynn & Daniel Renné

Sent on 09/04/2012

Danielle · Married on 12/29/2011

A group of friends and ourselves went to THO one evening and ordered EVERYTHING on the menu and shared it family style. Not one plate was a disappointment. Their food surpasses the creativity of almost any restaurant in SLO county and the quality of wholesome ingredients can't be topped. We asked the owner (Debbie) after the meal if she would be interested in catering our upcoming wedding. While not a 'catering' company, they do have the ability to do so.

Her quote was extremely fair (even came in lower than other caterers)

They worked directly with us to create a menu. What we got at the wedding even surpassed our expectations. So many of our guests said they had never had better food at any wedding or event before.

Sent on 01/31/2012
  • Dereck

Dereck Q. · Married on 11/02/2019

The most delicious food and the friendliest staff!

We knew we needed to have THO as our caterer at our wedding. Debbie was very responsive and answered all of our questions. It was easy to work with her and Micah and everything went really well on our wedding day. Micah even brought us a full plate of food to make sure that we eat! Chef Libry's food was amazing and our guests said it was the best wedding food that they ever had.

The only minor negatives were that we weren't told up front that we needed to rent an oven and warming cabinet, but it wasn't that big of a deal. And we heard that they ran out of some food, but overall, everything was amazing!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Hi Dereck,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am thrilled your big day went so well! I love hearing that our food is the best!
  • Fatima

Fatima · Married on 02/11/2019

Mouth watering food & amazing event planners!

We agreed the number one thing we wanted to splurge on our wedding was the FOOD & Thomas Hill Organic was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We've eaten here multiple times with friends, during our anniversary, & now we can say we had their food at our wedding. Our tummies were satisifed each time (: & our guests complimented our food that a handful went to get not seconds but thirds!

SLO was a destination wedding for us because we live in the bay, & THO made it easy to plan & communicate with through email. They were very responsive, respectful, kind, & also genuinely fun to plan with.

They helped with the set up of all table linen rentals, dinner service, & bartending. Everyone LOVED our bartenders, saying he was generous, kind, & funny. Everything turned out great & we are so happy we chose THO. They are pretty much our go-to whenever we are in Paso. Such a wonderful restaurant with beautiful, caring, helpful people.

Sent on 11/10/2019

James · Married on 04/13/2014

Used Thomas Hill for a post wedding brunch for 50 guests. Staff did an outstanding job in setting up and breaking down the venue, the food was delicious, there was plenty of food (we had leftovers) and the service was terrific. I worked with Robin on the arrangements and she was responsive and flexible with hat we wanted to serve. In all a most pleasant experience and a wonderful affair to end a wedding weekend.

Sent on 04/22/2014