Thomas Fogarty Winery Reviews

43 | Redwood City, CA

43 Reviews for Thomas Fogarty Winery

1 User photo

Allison · Married on 04/14/2018

Our wedding was at Thomas Fogarty Winery in April, and it was amazing! The view is incredible, and our guests were amazed! I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 04/22/2018

Megan · Married on 04/09/2016

We had our wedding here on April 9, 2016 and other than a little rain and coldish weather, it was the perfect day! Trisha was so helpful and walked us through the entire process. They have a great selection of vendors to choose from and the wine is fantastic! This location is beautiful and we couldn't have asked for anything better. Totally worth the money. Thank you so much Thomas Fogarty!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Beautiful place to have a ceremony and reception. Has indoor and outdoor options available. Very professional staff. Excellent recommended vendors list.

Sent on 03/10/2016

We were married at Thomas Fogarty Winery. Trisha Takeda from the winery staff helped us to coordinated the event. She was wonderful to work with and the venue was really over the top. Most of our guests were surprised to find such a magnificent place with stunning views hidden away up in the hills. The overall experience was super positive. Trisha handled everything smoothly, both the expected and the unexpected and significantly reduced our level of stress. We highly recommend both her and the venue. There is one caveat to this almost perfect review though. We did give Thomas Fogarty Winery only 4/5 stars in the "Flexibility" category because they have a somewhat restrictive list of pre-approved 3rd parties that customers have to work with. Overall, the value you get from the Thomas Fogarty Winery experience will be very difficult to match at anything even close to the price (all included). It was an excellent decision to trust our special day to them.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Beautiful venue, easy to work with staff, had a wonderful time.

Sent on 03/20/2016

Paul · Married on 06/18/2016

The ceremony on the lawn is gorgeous on a clear day. I liked having all aspects close together - ceremony, reception, dinner, and dancing. Music has to end at 10pm so keep that in mind.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Melinda · Married on 03/14/2015

3.0

Thomas Fogarty Winery is a spectacular place to get married. The grounds are impeccable and the staff is lovely, and very helpful. They have a lot of restrictions on venders and alcohol options, but we felt it was worth it. Our wedding ended up being better that I could have ever hoped.

Sent on 03/20/2016

The Winery is a GORGEOUS place to have your wedding. As soon as we stepped onto the site, we knew we had to have our wedding there. There are vineyards surrounding the winery where you can take beautiful pictures. The indoor and outdoor options are both stunning. We had to have our wedding at a winery, but the problem with most wineries is that the indoor option has an obstructed view or is not conducive for dancing and wedding parties, or you need to use a tent. However, Thomas Fogarty Winery's indoor option is enclosed with windows overlooking the same vineyards and view as the outdoor deck area. The only negatives: (1) due to noise ordinances in the community, the music must end by 10 pm (but with most people drinking wine for 3+ hours, I doubt that will be a problem); (2) you have to use their preferred caterers (which is fine because they know the area and how things should be set up -- and the list is fairly long); and (3) no liquor on the premises and you have to purchase their wines and beer. None of these negatives ended up being a problem for us. The price for the venue on a Saturday or Sunday is high, but completely worth it if you can swing it because the staff is amazing as well. I worked with Elie and Patty (mostly Patty) during the year in making payments, ordering the wines, pairings with our meal. Then Becky stepped in as site manager for the rehearsal and day of. She was so great. She and Continental Caterers worked together to make sure everything went smoothly. When we ran out of a specific wine and beer, she was able to help us get some more ordered without interrupting us at all. She helped the bridal party get set up and walk down the aisle, and helped flulff my dress before my walk. She made sure that we stayed on time with everything and helped us pack our stuff before we left. That and the venue itself were worth every penny!

Sent on 11/07/2012
  • Q

Q · Married on 03/01/2015

3.5

We had our ceremony and reception at the winery. It was beautiful if a bit chilly in early March. The staff was super helpful and professional. The winery itself is beautiful. Our ceremony was on the lawn overlooking the bay. Couldn't ask for a nicer view. We had a great time. Highly recommended.

Sent on 04/09/2016
  • W

Jennifer · Married on 08/13/2006

3.0

Gorgeous wedding site! Great staff! However, it is expensive compared to other venues out there. We fell in love with the venue though. The views are phenomenal!!

Sent on 05/08/2008

Mabel · Married on 06/23/2006

3.0

The winery is a beautiful place to have the ceremony and reception together. It overlooks the vineyards and the Bay Area. The place doesn't require much decoration so you can save on that. There is plenty of room for guests to move around. There are no surrounding buildings so it's intimate. The rental fee includes tables, chairs for both ceremony and reception, and large market umbrellas. The event coordinators there are very attentive. I've asked so many questions throughout the planning process and they answered everything promptly. The winery coordinator for our wedding was Becky Thatcher and she did a very good job in keeping things in line and facilitating the vendors. She was also available at the rehearsals to give us pointers.

Despite the gorgeous facility, there are a few negatives. They have a lot of rules. You must select from their list of caterers and DJs, but we selected the two vendors that were great anyways. So this isn't a negative at all. You cannot bring in other alcoholic drinks and must buy their wine. If you choose beer, you must purchase a set amount of wine, depending on total number of guests. This was the most annoying rule of all and made us have second thoughts but in the end, we sacrificed the beer. However, we chose the wine only option and whatever unopened wine was left after the wedding, they would buy back. You can only have a single ceremony musician if you choose to have ceremony in the lawn area. There is no A/C in the Hill House except for the dancing area but the doors were left open all day so we really didn't feel any A/C. The groom's changing area didn't have A/C but the bride's changing room did. On a hot day, this makes a big difference! We had our reception at the covered pavillion.

The winery is not a budget facility, but you get what you pay for. In addition to the fee, they require insurance and a $500 refundable deposit. They do have discounts for off season and weekday weddings. Originally we were planning a Saturday wedding. Because we loved this facility so much, we changed it to a Friday to be able to afford it. We thought people might not come for a Friday afternoon wedding but they did, and they thought it was a beautiful place for a wedding.

Sent on 11/10/2007

Daniel · Married on 09/10/2016

4.2
      3.0

Great venue. Somewhat restrictive on times and options, but worth it.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Libby · Married on 10/08/2006

4.2
      3.0

From the winery grounds to the stunning views, Thomas Fogarty is gorgeous! After looking at a ton of other venues, I can't imagine a better place to get married. The winery staff will work with you and your menu to pick out complimentary wines for the event; and they are so responsive, and really help you envision the flow of the day. The winery also has heaters on site to help off-set an evening chill, and because they only do one wedding a day there, you really are able to feel like the star of the show.

The only critiques I would have of this venue is that it can be difficult for handicapped/elderly people to get around, and it is a windy drive. I had several handicapped and elderly people at my wedding, and they were able to manage, but it was not ideal. As far as the drive, I was a little concerned about out-of-towners and drunk guests having to drive to and from Skyline Blvd., but we made a shuttle available for them, and that worked out really well.

Sent on 08/20/2008

I'm torn. I love, love, love this venue and the events coordinator were super sweet but I found myself very frustrated at times with contacting them for additional information once I booked the venue was booked. I found myself sending them multiple emails about the same subject before I received a response. Maybe this is because they're super popular and have many events to plan, but regardless, I would have liked my emails answered without asking multiple times.

Other than that, the venue was beautiful. It has a beautiful view of San Francisco for the ceremony on the lawn, the pavilion for another amazing view of the vineyard and skyline, the deck for cocktail hour, and the hill house, which was perfect for dancing and dessert

Sent on 11/11/2015

3.5

Fantastic place for our wedding - was perfect place for us to get married. Only downside is the parking (valet is slow for guests) + windy road to get up there

Sent on 01/08/2015

Kevin · Married on 06/25/2017

3.8
      3.0

Beautiful venue and friendly staff! We really enjoyed having our wedding here. Only issues were that the venue is somewhat expensive, there were quite a few rules, and we had limited options regarding when to have the dress rehearsal.

Sent on 07/08/2017

3.2
      2.5
      3.5

This venue was amazing for our wedding day. Gorgeous views and delicious wine! Response time was slightly slow and restrictions not fully explained upfront. That being said, I would go back and do it all over again at the same place.

Sent on 03/24/2016

2.6
      2.5
      1.0
      2.0

The venue at Thomas Fogarty is absolutely beautiful. The views are stunning, they have backup plans in case of weather, plenty of space and parking, room for the whole wedding party to get ready onsite. However, the staff was hard to work with. I chose this venue because it was beautiful and a great size for my smaller wedding, and because the coordinator I met when I visited the site, Trisha, was wonderful. She's responsive, warm, and made me feel good about my decision. It was too bad that I wasn't working with Trisha anymore after I locked down my date.

I requested Trisha to be my coordinator, but was told by the office that they couldn't guarantee who would be there day-of, and they couldn't give me Trisha's email to coordinate with directly because the entire office shares one email address. That meant that each time I emailed with questions or updates, someone else would answer, creating lack of continuity/context of previous conversations. For every 5 questions asked, 1 was answered. I had to email several times before I would hear back, most likely each person in the office figured someone else would respond and left it untouched. The staff was fine on the phone, but this makes planning really hard to do when you also have a full-time job and need to do planning during off-business hours.

Additionally, they hired someone new a week before my wedding and decided to have her shadow the coordinator on my wedding day. It was unnecessary stress to find out so close that I needed to worry about an inexperienced staffer and that they expected me to prepare extra vendor meals and tips for someone they needed to train using my wedding as a guinea pig.

Sent on 03/13/2016