Thomas Fogarty Winery Reviews

42 | Redwood City, CA

42 Reviews for Thomas Fogarty Winery

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Katie · Married on 07/07/2018

Perfect venue!!!!!! Dream come true.

Karen · Married on 09/09/2017

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding venue! The staff were always very responsive and helpful and every part of our wedding day was flawless. Not to mention the incredible views and perfect sunset!

Tracy · Married on 06/10/2017

The event team (Trisha and Brenda) are extremely organized and helpful. The location for an outdoor wedding is amazing. And, the wines are top notch.

H · Married on 11/05/2016

We had SUCH an amazing experience with everyone at Fogarty Winery and we can't recommend this venue enough!!

Gordon · Married on 10/30/2016

We would agree with all the positive reviews published thus far, and would like to provide some additional details that have not been highlighted so much.

- The event planning staff was prompt in responding to our questions/concerns, and made every effort to accommodate our preferences.
    - The day-of event setup was flawless, since all the vendors knew exactly when/where to provide their services during the day.
    - There are lot of different micro-sceneries for photo purposes. For example, there's the forest setting, vineyard setting, and city view setting. The log cabin setting and conference/pool tables also made a very interesting photoshoot.

Greg · Married on 10/02/2016

The Thomas Fogarty Winery is a amazing location for an outdoor wedding. The set up allows you to move around organically from ceremony to reception, dinner and dancing. The views are stunning and the wines are great. It can get quite chill and windy at night, especially in the late summer/fall.

Paul · Married on 09/30/2016

Just for reference, our wedding was in September of 2016. It seems like most of the reviews cover the basic positives of the venue, so I'll share a little bit about details that are specific to my own experience. Looking at some of the reviews, it seems odd to me that their "flexibility" was rated lower than the other attributes (not that 4+ is low...). Throughout the whole process of e-mailing back and forth (since I was living in Boston at the time), the whole staff was very accommodating of our needs. They do have a list of preferred vendors that they suggest, but many of our vendors ended up being off the list. I don't want to give liberty for everyone to do whatever the heck they want to do, but like I said, TFW was accommodating of our requests. They did ask that our off the list vendors would be approved by them, and come check out the venue beforehand so they would have a certain level of familiarity with the place. But I consider that proper protocol and responsibility rather than lack of flexibility. Additionally, for some reason our wedding day ended up being MUCH colder than the rest of the week beforehand, even the day just prior. Our original plan was to have the reception dinner outside, but ended up moving indoors for the sake of guests who would have likely frozen to death. This change of plans was made the morning of our evening wedding, and the coordination with our vendors, as well as the setup, was seamless as if we had planned it that way since the beginning. On top of everything else, I'd qualify that is being "flexible".

Overall, we got tons of compliments on the quality of the wedding (without breaking the bank), and none of our guests regretted flying across the country (or even the world) to attend at such a great venue. TFW is a 5-Star venue for sure, and the wine was good too :)

Andy · Married on 09/17/2016

Amazing Venue. Exceptional service. Everything went as planned.

Jillian · Married on 08/20/2016

Thomas Fogarty winery is completely worth the expense! It is like living in a fairy tale!

Elke · Married on 08/13/2016

Amazing venue, top-notch location. Very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process. One of the best parts was the recommended vendor list - it made our decisions so much easier knowing that the vendors had been pre-approved by Fogarty. Highly recommend!

miki · Married on 07/31/2016

They are very nice and helpful. Wonderful place to have the wedding.

Sylvia · Married on 07/02/2016

We loved this venue and our guests loved the view. Everyone was so easy to work with.

Stephanie · Married on 05/07/2016

Be clear and upfront with your budget. The venue is expensive so that will be a large cost to consider.
    However, the grounds and buildings are absolutely stunning. You do not need to do many decorations and let the view and space speak for itself. We absolutely loved the event space. So so so beautiful and we got tons of compliments.
    Figure out shuttle service because it is a long winding road, especially late at night after the wedding if people have had a few drinks.
    This space is ideal for any weather issues. It rained the day before and the morning of my wedding, and I wasn't stressed because I knew the pavilion and indoor space could handle my numbers and my caterer had a backup plan. This was actually a big reason I ended up picking the venue, so I didn't have to worry about tents, etc if there was a weather issue and there ended up being one!
    The staff is so professional and helpful for the event. They helped store a few things for me (flowers) the day before the event, which was a lifesaver.
    They were pretty prompt to respond to things.
    You cannot bring alcohol in, so be prepared to work with their pricing with wine and beer. I appreciated no hard alcohol actually, it simplified things and quite honestly probably avoided some bad drunken moments.

Patrick · Married on 09/20/2015

Our wedding was wonderful. The venue was gorgeous.

I did an exhaustive search of bay area wedding venues, and Thomas Fogarty came out on top as one of the most stunningly beautiful, classy, and quintessential Californian places around. Our guests, many of whom came from around the world, were blown away by the incredible views (you can see the entire bay in the background, with rolling vineyards in the foreground), fantastic wine, and intimate setting.

The staff (we worked with Becky and Trisha) were incredible from start to finish in terms of the months and days leading up to the wedding date, and especially the day-of. Massive kudos to their team for working so well with our wedding planner to execute as perfect a day as we could have hoped for and more.

The perfect place to get married. Beautiful ceremony above the Bay Area, picturesque spots for the albums, great night-time vibe. Wow.

Patty · Married on 09/30/2011

AUSSIE BOY meets AMERICAN GIRL

I thank you for all of your help and assistance on and before Aaron and I's special day. You truly made the experience of planning our wedding easy. Choosing our Vendors off the preferred vendors list was exactly the right thing to do, because everyone on the preferred vendors list knew everything about the location and the event space. On the brochure of Thomas Fogarty Winery it says "Your Dream Wedding Come True..." to be honest our day was exactly how we imagined it to be. Dreams really do come True! The weather was beautiful! We had our ceremony in a 360 round on the lawn in the garden overlooking the most spectacular view of the Greater Bay Area stretching across the Bay to S.F. We had our cocktail hour and dining experience outside on the deck and pavilion.Words to describe our day; perfect, serene, magical, memorable, relaxed and FUN!
    Forever thankful to be able to look back at our photos and relive the moments that we shared on Sept 30, 2011.

THANK YOU!
    BIG HUGS,
    PK + AK

Kayoko · Married on 08/20/2011

It is pricey place and that was the maid concern of us but at the end of the wedding, we concluded "IT WAS WORTH IT. It is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Everything was just perfect.

Kollene · Married on 06/13/2010

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!! The Winery is the most beautiful place to have a wedding. The view, the greenery, the vineyard and the flowers made our wedding absolutely spectacular. From the first visit until the wedding day, the people at Thomas Fogarty made it the most peaceful and easiest process ever. They answered e-mails immediately, they were free to talk with on the phone at anytime and they never rushed us. The winery provided tables, chairs, valet, an easel and anything else that was in their storage, they allowed us to use. Our wedding was at 2:00 pm on a Sunday and the weather was beautiful. The lawn was plush enough that the girls heels did not sink in the grass. They have a air conditioned large room for the Bride and a very large area for the Groom. The ceremony is separate from the reception with many areas to utilize for the cocktail hour without leaving the property. Perfect use of space. Thomas Fogarty also provided a list of vendors to choose from. I picked my caterer, Dj, and videographer from their list and LOVED everyone of them. It was the most beautiful day and site for our wedding. Highly highly recommend this venue.

Beverly · Married on 05/15/2010

We really loved having our wedding here. The views are breathtaking, the staff was helpful and friendly, and we loved the wine. We had our ceremony outside, and the reception in the covered pavillion. All of our guests thought it was gorgeous, and had a great time.

Shannon · Married on 09/14/2008

My husband and I visited Thomas Fogarty Winery about a month before we were engaged. We fell in love with it the moment we saw it. The views are absolutely breathtaking!

Once we were engaged we went back out there for the official tour. That is when we met Ellie, one of their onsite coordinators. She walked us through the venue and gave us such a complete description that we called her back and booked the site that very day.

Ellie was amazing to work with from start to finish. She responded to all of my emails very promptly and also helped me to brainstorm ideas when I was at a lost. Ellie was also able to provide me some great recommendations for other vendors that she thought I'd enjoy working with.

My wedding ran more smoothly than I could have ever dreamed possible, and I know that a large part of that is because Ellie and her team at Fogarty were running around behind the scenes to make everything happen.

My guests can't stop telling me how beautiful the site is and how well run everything was. From rehearsal to last dance, it was all perfect!

LeAnna · Married on 03/09/2008

Beautiful venue! The people were so helpful and kind and great to work with. It was a dream place to have a wedding and all of the guests can't stop talking about what a beautiful spot it was!

Donald · Married on 11/28/2015

Everyone at the events office was super helpful. We had Trish as our primary support on the day of the ceremony and she was there to help fill in those little blanks that are always there no matter how well you plan everything. Highly recommend and very delighted in the outcome.

Allison · Married on 04/14/2018

Our wedding was at Thomas Fogarty Winery in April, and it was amazing! The view is incredible, and our guests were amazed! I would highly recommend this venue.