thistles Reviews

thistles 5
  • Kristen

Kristen Van Der Wilt · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Very friendly

I went with my mom to look at flowers and she had a slide show. I’m terrible with matching and she would tell me what I could do and what would match!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Mara · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding by Thistle

Maggie at Thistle Was absolutely amazing to work with! She responds quickly to emails and brought my vision to life based off of one single Pinterest photo. She made my wedding look magical with her floral creations! Everyone commented on how beautiful the flowers were!

thistles 6
    Sent on 09/20/2019

Dayna Sammons · Married on 09/14/2019

Fantastic Customer Service and Beautiful Flowers!

Maggie was a pleasure to work with and she created lovely arrangements! Counted have asked for a better wedding floral experience!

thistles 7
    Sent on 09/27/2019

Paula Nikkel · Married on 09/07/2019

Simply The Best!

So thankful for the support we recieved from Maggie and the crew from Thistles ❤ we had done crazy ideas and they were always excited to here them and hello us bring it all together!
    Thanks for everything
    Paula N

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Johanna

Johanna Spaans · Married on 08/17/2019

Above and Beyond!

Maggie and the ladies at Thistles are the best in the business. Maggie was patient, encouraging, organized, willing to work with any budget, and always willing to answer any questions! Maggie took what was in my head and then made that dream even more beautiful than I could have imagined. I get so many compliments on how beautiful the flowers were! Best decision you will ever make!

thistles 8
    Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Annaleyza

Annaleyza De Haan · Married on 08/17/2019

Incredible!

Maggie and the crew did an amazing job!! They listened to what I wanted and gave us the flowers from heaven. They were beautiful, the right size, and different which is exactly what I wanted!! Thank you Maggie!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Andrea Kacmarynski · Married on 06/29/2019

Excellent!

Maggie and the Thistles team wonderful to work with! They made sure I had exactly what I wanted and helped make our wedding day look beautiful! I loved my flowers and greenery. It was exactly what I had envisioned for my day! Thank you!

thistles 9

thistles 35
    thistles 36
    Sent on 07/30/2019

Kristin Wheat · Married on 06/15/2019

Thistles is a great place!

Maggie was amazing to work with! She made our special day even better! All of the floral arrangements exceeded our expectations and were so beautiful!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Rachel · Married on 03/05/2019

Beyond my wildest dreams!

Sometimes even the most organized person can find themselves unprepared...well, for me, my now husband, and I had been together 8 years and I had a pretty great idea of what I wanted for our wedding day. An intimate setting with only our closest family and friends in a tropical (but local) venue. We decided on the conservatory in the Greater Des Moines Botanical Gardens and had our venue, photographer and caterer secured within a few weeks of our engagement. I wasn't sure where to look for florists, and after some word-of-mouth recommendations I spoke to a local branch of grocery because I was told they did a great job and the prices couldn't be beat. Well...I won't name the location, but they are all over Iowa, so planning a Des Moines wedding from Iowa City, I thought it was worth a try...long story short - after limited to no response from the local store, my planning was transferred to a different branch in Des Moines...again, where I had no response after the initial meeting. With the wedding rounding the corner quickly, my gut told me that staying with what I had was not going to end well, and I am SO THANKFUL that I followed my gut! I was at a Christmas gathering and a family friend was showing off her wedding pics and I loved her bouquet, and asked where she had gone. I only got the name of the town...Pella, Iowa. So, after a quick Google search, and a few inquiries, I was connected with Thistles and Maggie. With our wedding in April and our first meeting late in January, I could never have imagined how incredible this experience would have been.
    Good ole Iowa winter was hitting heavy this year, and since the journey there is a couple hours west for me, we were able to meet via Skype - which was such an incredible convenience for me! Maggie seemed to "get" me and what my vision was from the first meeting. She responded so quickly to any question I had, worked with me to make my budget work, and saved me so much from what I thought I was going to have to spend. She was beyond a dream and I cannot recommend Thistles for your wedding enough!!! It is truly the way business should feel, like working with a loving family who only wants your happiness and to take care of you.

If I could recommend them a thousand times over I would! The impact of the gorgeous blooms they got in for my wedding, bouquet, bouts, tables and all the extras just popped in the photos and brought the space to life.

From the bottom of my heart, a huge thank you! I just wish I lived closer and could pop in to say hello more often and to support them more.

XOXO

Sent on 06/05/2019

Courtney Wessels · Married on 09/06/2018

Amazing Experience!

We had the best time working with Thistles for our wedding. Maggie did an amazing job and helped us have the dream wedding we hoped for. She responded on time to everything, and made sure everything was like my vision!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2018

Maggie was so great to work with and did such a great job! Our arrangements were gorgeous and the blooms lasted all day even in 100 degree heat. Maggie did a great job with set up and was fast, efficient, and so helpful on such a stressful day!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Julie was so easy to work with and the flowers were just beautiful!!! I gave her my budget and she was able to stay completely within it!

Sent on 06/22/2014
  • Madi W

Madison · Married on 11/08/2008

3.0

I only gave them a 3 for quality of service because the 3 times we made appointments they had forgotten about us and we had to wait for about 20 min. for someone to show up. However, once our appointment got started they were very nice and helpful. In the end my flowers turned out great. There were a few things they messed up a little but over all I would recommend them.

Sent on 11/11/2008