Thirty Three and a Third Photography Reviews

Thirty Three and a Third Photography 6
Thirty Three and a Third Photography 7

Cristina · Married on 12/23/2018

Great experience

Ector is a fantastic photographer. He was able to help calm our nerves and become comfortable in front of the camera during our engagement shoot. He captured our special day in such an incredible way and I am so grateful that we found him!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Codi · Married on 10/28/2018

Worth Every Penny

Could not say better things of Éctor! Very professional, accommodating, and intuitive. From the start, he was very relatable and we knew we’d made the right choice. Even when we changed the venue, he made do and helped capture wonderful memories. Will definitely suggest him to friends, family, and keep in mind for any future event.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Jillian Brooks · Married on 10/20/2018

The Photos I’ll Cherish Forever

Our photos came out PERFECT! From the moment we met for our introduction, Éctor did an amazing job of making us feel/look so comfortable and relaxed (even though we are complete newbs to posing and looking nonchalant). I can truly say every moment and emotion from our wedding day was captured incredibly. I’m so thankful for choosing to work with Éctor and having these photos to show for the rest of my life. Thank you a million times over, Éctor and Tess!!!!

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Breanna

Breanna Gonzalez · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Not-at-all Cheesy Wedding Photography

Ector photographed our wedding on 10/13/18 and was absolutely amazing. I hate taking any kind of photos so to have someone that made me feel comfortable and let me just be myself really made the experience more enjoyable than I could have hoped for. Our photos are absolutely stunning and I've never said that about myself in a photograph before so Ector really worked his magic! Definitely get Ector for your wedding. You won't regret it!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Matt Nikic · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautifully captured our same sex wedding

We are a same-sex couple who could not be happier to have had Éctor as our wedding photographer. His photos of our engagement shoot, wedding ceremony, and reception, are all simply stunning. His photos strike the right balance of being artistic, flattering, and timeless without being over-stylized or unrealistic. How did he manage to capture all of the special moments without interrupting us or making us feel like we were acting/on stage?! Everyone who has seen our wedding photos has told us that they are beautiful. We were also floored by the speed with which Éctor was able to send us our photos after the wedding. Throughout our wedding process, Éctor was professional and carried a positive energy — we not only enjoyed his work, but we also enjoyed spending time with him. Finally, as a same-sex couple, it was important to us that our wedding vendors be LGBT friendly, and Éctor more than fit that bill — he never once made us feel anything other than completely respected and he treated us like any other couple. We highly highly recommend Éctor.

Sent on 01/05/2019
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 8
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 9

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

We found Ector through a referral. From the first Skype session, he was professional and easygoing and helped us to feel immediately at ease -- especially as a couple that is not usually comfortable even thinking about being photographed! He was genuinely as excited for our wedding as we were. He was so much fun to work with. After the event, he was super quick with getting us both a sneak peek and our full album. I cannot recommend Ector highly enough for NYC couples.

Sent on 09/04/2018
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 10
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 11
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 12
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 13

Shanaye · Married on 08/12/2018

Amazing!!!!

Ector was absolutely amazing during our wedding day. He had us do a casual (which is totally our style) engagement shoot before the big day, which made it so easy to just go with the flow on our actual wedding day. He was really great at making us forget that he was even there, but at the same time gave direction when it was necessary to get a really beautiful shot.

Our photos came out absolutely stunning. When I was looking for photographers I saw my fair share of bad wedding photos from the super cheesy to the over-edited and I was delighted that our photos were nothing like that. Every emotion he captured just looked so natural and he did a spectacular job of catching the energy of our day. I would absolutely recommend Ector!!

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 14
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 15
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 16

Giada · Married on 03/24/2018

Candid photos!

If you are looking for natural and candid pictures to honestly represent your big day, Ector is the perfect fit! My husband and I really wanted natural pictures without all those pictures that you see everyone take. Ector made us feel comfortable and less awkward with both our engagement session and our wedding day! The quality of work for the price is also a steal. We totally recommend him! Thank you Ector!!

Sent on 01/23/2019
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 22
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 23

liz · Married on 12/16/2017

The bomb.com

I loved my best friend's wedding photos so much, I booked him for myself!! He is very talented and we were utterly blown away by our photos. I said going into it that I hoped our photos/video came out perfect; since other than memories, photos are the only thing you take away from the day (after all the planning, seating charts, dancing, dodging family fights, nerves, and lets be honest drinking etc the day went by so quickly). I was also surprised at the sheer volume of photos he managed to get. He was like a ninja I guess because I never felt like we were posing or that he was right in our faces to get the shots, but they came out just perfect. He even got an impromptu jumping photo with some crowd surfing action :D I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2017

We are so thrilled with our decision to go with Thirty Three and a Third for our engagement and wedding photos! From the very first meeting with Ector, we were so happy. He made the process so easy! I am not one to be comfortable in front of a camera, but his direction was minimal, but just enough to help us along the way. Ector made sure to stay in touch as the wedding approached, helping with a timeline and answering all my questions. On the day of the wedding Ector kept a calm vibe, which is much needed with all the insanity that comes with any wedding! And his end product is so amazing! Ector truly captures the person in each photo. You can feel the love and happiness in each photo he takes. You cannot go wrong with Thirty Three and a Third!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Tanya · Married on 09/30/2017

Ector is the absolute best. We had an evening wedding that started late and ran longer than expected and I was worried that we'd miss the golden hour for getting in the shots that I wanted. I couldn't have been more wrong. I was completely blown away when I saw our wedding pictures. To say Ector exceed my expectations, is a huge understatement.
    He traveled from out of town to photograph our wedding, and we invited him to the rehearsal dinner the night before and when we got our wedding album back, he had taken pictures at our rehearsal dinner and included them in our package FREE of CHARGE!
    My only regret is that we're not in the same city so he can take all of our milestones photos going forward.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Katie · Married on 08/18/2017

I absolutely loved working with Ector! I can't say enough good things. He was responsive to all my questions and worked with us on the package that was right for us. We loved our engagement session, primarily because it allowed us to get to know him prior to our big day. And then on the day of our wedding, every time I wanted a picture with a person or group, I looked up and he was already right there with the camera. I highly recommend working with him!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Monica · Married on 06/30/2017

Ector was awesome. He was on time and he took wonderful pictures. He did not miss a step. When he first got there he started taking pictures of me and everyone that was in my bridal suite. He then went to take pictures of the groom and everyone in his suite. Everything was lovely Ector, I would definitely recommend Thirty Three and a Third to anyone.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Cheryl · Married on 06/27/2017

Every photographer should be as awesome as Ector!! He makes his clients feel at ease and his level of professionalism is what everyone should aspire to have for their event. His work is AMAZING!!!

Thank you!!!

Cheryl Cooper

Sent on 03/15/2017

Monica · Married on 04/08/2017

After a lot of research, we chose Ector as our wedding photographer. My husband James and I live overseas and Ector was very accommodating when organizing Skype sessions. We wanted our wedding day to be very organic and laid back and Ector understood just that. From the previews we've seen of our photos, Ector has done an amazing job and we can't wait to see the rest! We recommend him to anyone. Thanks again Ector to you and your team for capturing our amazing memories!

Sent on 05/09/2017

sarah · Married on 01/28/2017

Weddingwire literally wouldn't let me post the whole review I had written - that's how much I love them. So here's the highlights :)

First, the photography. Their work is the most real, natural expression of love that I have ever seen. They capture what I like to call the “in between moments.” That split second of a glean in the groom’s eye as he sees the bride for the first time, or a dad’s overwhelming love for his daughter shining out of his face during the father/daughter dance. Those moments that are so fleeting, but so pure. Those moments in between all the commotion of that day. To me, THAT is Thirty Three and a Third. And I’m not talking about just a few of these types of pictures in a sea of ordinary wedding shots. That is the majority of what I see in their work.

Now the photographers. Éctor is the only photographer I met with, and I was immediately sold. Not only is he one of the chilliest dudes I’ve ever met, but he has this ease about him that could calm the most bridezilla of brides in front of the camera. Kristina was the second shooter for our wedding day. She is the sweetest ball of radiant energy; I absolutely loved working with her. She made me feel like a beautiful bride and completely at ease, and you can really tell she loves what she does. They make an amazing team. And one of the most beautiful things to me about their photography is that I can’t tell their pictures apart. Their souls were made to photograph love together. They’re not really photographers. They’re artists that are just reflecting back all of the love that they see in this world through their cameras.

If you’re reading this review and contemplating reaching out to them, just hire them already!!! You won’t regret it. I could never imagine having someone else photograph one of the most important days of our lives. I’m lucky that they agreed to be part of my vendor dream team.

Sent on 02/25/2017

Enoc · Married on 01/14/2017

Ector has left my wife and I truly satisfied with his work, attention and the quality of his pictures. It has been a pleasure to go through the many (MANY) pictures that he took of us, our family and friends.

We recommend him without reservation to anyone looking for a wedding photographer and here are 3 reasons why:

1) He has a great personality and you won't mind having him around. My wife and I met a few other photographers -- but he was the one that we felt we could be most natural around. He's cool and knows how to get you to look good without forcing high school prom poses.

2) Working with Ector is effortless. He sends you all the information you need in a really organized way. His digital photo archive is extremely easy to use as well. The way he took care of us did not add any stress to our wedding prep.

3) Our wedding day FLEW by. Ector's style made it so that we could see all the fun moments our family experienced while we were caught up in the moment. The pictures we have are how we relive our wedding day.

Bonus: The pictures he took are the bomb. Seriously. We now have tons of candid pictures of our family having a great time. SO many of them deserve a frame.

Sent on 04/16/2017

Katie · Married on 12/31/2016

Ector is who you want as your photographer. I cannot speak highly enough of him and his astonishing talent, his creative eye, and his flexibility. He captured the spirit of our wedding, a task I thought would be impossible. His work is a dance of light, a story of love - an absolute dream. Look no further.

Sent on 04/21/2017

Lorilyn · Married on 12/30/2016

Ector was so wonderful - all the way from coordinating beforehand to a seamless wedding day. The pictures were great and captured the feeling I had hoped for.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Ana · Married on 12/03/2016

It's difficult to put into words how happy I am with the outcome of our engagement and wedding photos, and this is all thanks to Ector! He's truly the best at what he does. Living in Miami I had so many great options to choose from when it came to photography, but nothing came close to how I felt after browsing through his portfolio. I am so grateful to have found a 'Thirty Three and a Third' ad after what felt like countless days and hours of searching lol. One of the most important things for me in finding the right photographer was making sure my husband would enjoy the process, too, and he did! We never felt like we were working, spent the entire time laughing and it shows in all our photos. Kayla was our second shooter and she was awesome! She was so helpful and kind throughout the craziness of getting ready and made me feel at ease. I would not change a thing about our wedding day simply because we had the best team capturing every detail and moment! Thanks once again for the great work we wish you nothing but continued success! – Ana & David

Sent on 01/19/2017

Linn · Married on 11/25/2016

Ector is awesome. He is such a cool guy and super easy to work with. We loved the result and we’re really happy we chose Ector. Thank you!

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 24
    Thirty Three and a Third Photography 25

Kimberly · Married on 11/05/2016

I cannot possibly recommend Thirty Three and a Third enough.

We approached Ector with our unconventional idea for our wedding, and he brought a level of enthusiasm and professionalism that made us feel instantly at ease and assured that we had come to the right place to achieve the type of pictures we wanted. And sweet jesus, did he deliver.

He made us feel completely comfortable (a feat given two camera shy individuals) and we trusted his eye completely. I could not be more satisfied with both the interactions we had with him as well as the end result, which was beautiful quality pictures we will cherish for a life time.

Do yourself a favor and book Thirty Three and a Third.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/07/2016

As soon as I came across Thirty Three and a Third's website & portfolio of work I was blown away! I was immediately impressed at how their photos have an extremely unique look, yet still classic and timeless pictures that I'd be able to enjoy for years to come. Not only did I find the photos themselves to be beautiful but I also loved that couples featured in each picture looked comfortable and natural.
    Ector is easy going but also very professional and thorough in explaining his process. It's difficult for me to get my husband to take casual pictures with an iPhone so I knew planning formal photo shoots would be a challenge. After our 1st meeting we felt 100% at ease and confident about working with Ector.
    Our engagement shoot was also our 1st time meeting Kristina. If I had any doubts about being comfortable in front of the camera Kristina would have washed those feelings away! She is the sweetest ball of energy and you can't help but love her as soon as you meet her. We shot in several locations & they knew exactly how to pose us to ensure our photos were perfect. We had a very specific shot we wanted for our save the date and Ector & Kristina spent so much time making sure we had plenty of shots to choose from. I needed to order our save the dates quickly and Ector was able to edit and send us options without hesitation.
    The day of the wedding Ector & Kristina were amazing to work with! At times I didn't even notice they were shooting & when I saw specific shots I thought, wow I didn't even realize they were around for that! Taking photos on your wedding day can end up being tiring but Ector and Kristina were great about ensuring we had plenty of photos while also encouraging us to take breaks between shooting so we could enjoy our day.
    Our photos are incredible! I am so impressed with their attention to detail. From portraits and family pictures to the amazing photos of our decor, Thirty Three and a Third truly captured the essence of our day!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Stephanie · Married on 04/17/2016

If I could give 10 stars I would! Not only was Ector the BEST to work with but he created more than just photographs, it was artwork. I could have not dreamed up better pictures. They were unique, elegant and beautiful. There wasn't one person who didn't comment on how much they loved both the engagement pics as well as the wedding pics. He is also timely and truly cares about getting that perfect shot! He is a must!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Aireny · Married on 07/05/2015

From day one we knew this pair was more than just your average photographers; my now husband and I arrived at their studio for a small professional shoot, we were a little nervous, Kristina served us a glass of wine so that we could relax and Ector started playing a sick old school hip hop mix on the background. To say the least, from this point on, Ector and Kristina not only became our go-to photographers for EVERYTHING but also great friends. After our first shoot, at the studio, we were impressed with their creativity and passion for photography; we always joked and said we would call them if we were to get engaged. To my surprise, that time came a couple of months after, we were engaged and no one else came to mind but them. I wouldn’t do them justice if I didn’t talk about our engagement shoot. Not sure why, but we decided to shoot on the hottest (it was literally 100 degrees outside) and most humid day (it even rained at some point) of all time in Miami, FL. Ector and Kristina, although it was excruciatingly hot and humid, rolled up their pants and sleeves, continuously wiped their sweat and kept the show going, the result, beautiful engagement photos! If someone asked me to describe them in one sentence, I would say: they always, and I mean always go above and beyond but most of all, they have fun and therefore you also have fun! It wasn’t any different during our wedding day, our families loved them, they went above and beyond to make sure our photos told the full story and we were so happy to know it was them the ones capturing our special day. You guys are AMAZING and we can’t thank you enough for being there every step of the way and capturing our most important milestones like you only know how to! THANK YOU! – Aireny & Kel

Sent on 09/06/2015