33 Reviews for Thirty Three and a Third Photography

Save the Date (2)
Albums (1)
Proofs (1)
32 Thirty Three and a Third Photography Reviews

We found Ector through a referral. From the first Skype session, he was professional and easygoing and helped us to feel immediately at ease -- especially as a couple that is not usually comfortable even thinking about being photographed! He was genuinely as excited for our wedding as we were. He was so much fun to work with. After the event, he was super quick with getting us both a sneak peek and our full album. I cannot recommend Ector highly enough for NYC couples.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are so thrilled with our decision to go with Thirty Three and a Third for our engagement and wedding photos! From the very first meeting with Ector, we were so happy. He made the process so easy! I am not one to be comfortable in front of a camera, but his direction was minimal, but just enough to help us along the way. Ector made sure to stay in touch as the wedding approached, helping with a timeline and answering all my questions. On the day of the wedding Ector kept a calm vibe, which is much needed with all the insanity that comes with any wedding! And his end product is so amazing! Ector truly captures the person in each photo. You can feel the love and happiness in each photo he takes. You cannot go wrong with Thirty Three and a Third!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Digital Files, Proofs

Ector is the absolute best. We had an evening wedding that started late and ran longer than expected and I was worried that we'd miss the golden hour for getting in the shots that I wanted. I couldn't have been more wrong. I was completely blown away when I saw our wedding pictures. To say Ector exceed my expectations, is a huge understatement.
He traveled from out of town to photograph our wedding, and we invited him to the rehearsal dinner the night before and when we got our wedding album back, he had taken pictures at our rehearsal dinner and included them in our package FREE of CHARGE!
My only regret is that we're not in the same city so he can take all of our milestones photos going forward.

Profile Picture Tanya, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

I absolutely loved working with Ector! I can't say enough good things. He was responsive to all my questions and worked with us on the package that was right for us. We loved our engagement session, primarily because it allowed us to get to know him prior to our big day. And then on the day of our wedding, every time I wanted a picture with a person or group, I looked up and he was already right there with the camera. I highly recommend working with him!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ector was awesome. He was on time and he took wonderful pictures. He did not miss a step. When he first got there he started taking pictures of me and everyone that was in my bridal suite. He then went to take pictures of the groom and everyone in his suite. Everything was lovely Ector, I would definitely recommend Thirty Three and a Third to anyone.

Profile Picture Monica, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Every photographer should be as awesome as Ector!! He makes his clients feel at ease and his level of professionalism is what everyone should aspire to have for their event. His work is AMAZING!!!

Thank you!!!

Cheryl Cooper

Profile Picture Cheryl, 6/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

After a lot of research, we chose Ector as our wedding photographer. My husband James and I live overseas and Ector was very accommodating when organizing Skype sessions. We wanted our wedding day to be very organic and laid back and Ector understood just that. From the previews we've seen of our photos, Ector has done an amazing job and we can't wait to see the rest! We recommend him to anyone. Thanks again Ector to you and your team for capturing our amazing memories!

Profile Picture Monica, 4/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Weddingwire literally wouldn't let me post the whole review I had written - that's how much I love them. So here's the highlights :)

First, the photography. Their work is the most real, natural expression of love that I have ever seen. They capture what I like to call the “in between moments.” That split second of a glean in the groom’s eye as he sees the bride for the first time, or a dad’s overwhelming love for his daughter shining out of his face during the father/daughter dance. Those moments that are so fleeting, but so pure. Those moments in between all the commotion of that day. To me, THAT is Thirty Three and a Third. And I’m not talking about just a few of these types of pictures in a sea of ordinary wedding shots. That is the majority of what I see in their work.

Now the photographers. Éctor is the only photographer I met with, and I was immediately sold. Not only is he one of the chilliest dudes I’ve ever met, but he has this ease about him that could calm the most bridezilla of brides in front of the camera. Kristina was the second shooter for our wedding day. She is the sweetest ball of radiant energy; I absolutely loved working with her. She made me feel like a beautiful bride and completely at ease, and you can really tell she loves what she does. They make an amazing team. And one of the most beautiful things to me about their photography is that I can’t tell their pictures apart. Their souls were made to photograph love together. They’re not really photographers. They’re artists that are just reflecting back all of the love that they see in this world through their cameras.

If you’re reading this review and contemplating reaching out to them, just hire them already!!! You won’t regret it. I could never imagine having someone else photograph one of the most important days of our lives. I’m lucky that they agreed to be part of my vendor dream team.

Profile Picture sarah, 1/28/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Save the Date, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

Working with Ector was seriously a pleasure! We fell in love with his photographic style and his entire porfolio of work, after a quick Skype session (we live in Georgia and he was more than happy to accommodate us), we knew Ector was the one! He met us on a a rainy summer afternoon in Savannah for our engagement shoot. He made the hot-steamy-bad hair day of an afternoon into a fun, whimsical, and adventurous time! We ended the evening with beers at a local spot and got to know Ector better and talk more about our wedding! I am hardcore type A and Ector's laid back demeanor and friendly attitude was helpful from the Engagement shoot all the way through to the end of the wedding night! He was a great communicator and willing to work with our budget, and shoot our wedding in Miami! Ector and Kayla were 100% professional and worked with our needs as clients, and still felt like they were a part of the party! After the ceremony and the family photos and before our couple photos we were kind of overwhelmed and just wanted to sit and Kayla ran and got us beers (she was so sweet) and we hung out and talked for just a few minutes which was so nice! We are young, they are young, we felt like friends - not like we were operating a business transaction which every other vendor was so stuffy- not Ector! Their photos are candid, unique, and really capture the essence of the big day. They have a very documentary/editorial style that is modern, but timeless. They made sure to get all of our crazy assortment of family-photo and couple photo needs and still managed to capture photos of college friend's doing the worm and grannies being twirled around on the dance floor. I cannot say enough about the quality and variety of images, the results were simply amazing! Cannot wait to see our video. Great company to work with, our favorite vendor, definitely recommend!

Profile Picture User7009829, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Save the Date, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Ector has left my wife and I truly satisfied with his work, attention and the quality of his pictures. It has been a pleasure to go through the many (MANY) pictures that he took of us, our family and friends.

We recommend him without reservation to anyone looking for a wedding photographer and here are 3 reasons why:

1) He has a great personality and you won't mind having him around. My wife and I met a few other photographers -- but he was the one that we felt we could be most natural around. He's cool and knows how to get you to look good without forcing high school prom poses.

2) Working with Ector is effortless. He sends you all the information you need in a really organized way. His digital photo archive is extremely easy to use as well. The way he took care of us did not add any stress to our wedding prep.

3) Our wedding day FLEW by. Ector's style made it so that we could see all the fun moments our family experienced while we were caught up in the moment. The pictures we have are how we relive our wedding day.

Bonus: The pictures he took are the bomb. Seriously. We now have tons of candid pictures of our family having a great time. SO many of them deserve a frame.

Profile Picture Enoc, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ector is who you want as your photographer. I cannot speak highly enough of him and his astonishing talent, his creative eye, and his flexibility. He captured the spirit of our wedding, a task I thought would be impossible. His work is a dance of light, a story of love - an absolute dream. Look no further.

Profile Picture Katie, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ector was so wonderful - all the way from coordinating beforehand to a seamless wedding day. The pictures were great and captured the feeling I had hoped for.

Profile Picture Lorilyn, 12/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

It's difficult to put into words how happy I am with the outcome of our engagement and wedding photos, and this is all thanks to Ector! He's truly the best at what he does. Living in Miami I had so many great options to choose from when it came to photography, but nothing came close to how I felt after browsing through his portfolio. I am so grateful to have found a 'Thirty Three and a Third' ad after what felt like countless days and hours of searching lol. One of the most important things for me in finding the right photographer was making sure my husband would enjoy the process, too, and he did! We never felt like we were working, spent the entire time laughing and it shows in all our photos. Kayla was our second shooter and she was awesome! She was so helpful and kind throughout the craziness of getting ready and made me feel at ease. I would not change a thing about our wedding day simply because we had the best team capturing every detail and moment! Thanks once again for the great work we wish you nothing but continued success! – Ana & David

Profile Picture Ana, 12/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ector is awesome. He is such a cool guy and super easy to work with. We loved the result and we’re really happy we chose Ector. Thank you!

Profile Picture Linn, 11/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, High-Res Images, One Event/Day

We live in Switzerland and got married in Orlando where my husband’s family lives. Finding a local photographer that could capture the love we have for each other and for the natural beauty of our venue was most important to us. After many weeks of searching for a photographer that would fit our style and aesthetic we came across Thirty Three and a Third. Ector’s very unique and intimate pictures, full of emotions and his eye for the unconventional and very colorful backgrounds/settings blew us away. We knew we had to book him right away!

We weren't able to travel to the US before the wedding for an engagement shoot and didn't know how we would do in front of the cameras. But the day of the wedding they made us feel totally comfortable from the first shot. We had Kristina as our second shooter who was just as engaging and professional. They did a great job of keeping it fun and making us feel at ease, we think it shows in the resulting photos. They captured details of our reception location with beauty and precision. It was effortless having them in the middle of the wedding activity, they captured the emotion of each moment moving about like ninjas without disturbing anyone.

We are so happy that we found someone that was so talented and in tune with what we wanted. The photos are truly beautiful and create a wonderful story throughout our special day. Thank you so much again for everything you've done for us! You're the best, thank you!

Sabina and John

Profile Picture Sabina, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot possibly recommend Thirty Three and a Third enough.

We approached Ector with our unconventional idea for our wedding, and he brought a level of enthusiasm and professionalism that made us feel instantly at ease and assured that we had come to the right place to achieve the type of pictures we wanted. And sweet jesus, did he deliver.

He made us feel completely comfortable (a feat given two camera shy individuals) and we trusted his eye completely. I could not be more satisfied with both the interactions we had with him as well as the end result, which was beautiful quality pictures we will cherish for a life time.

Do yourself a favor and book Thirty Three and a Third.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

As soon as I came across Thirty Three and a Third's website & portfolio of work I was blown away! I was immediately impressed at how their photos have an extremely unique look, yet still classic and timeless pictures that I'd be able to enjoy for years to come. Not only did I find the photos themselves to be beautiful but I also loved that couples featured in each picture looked comfortable and natural.
Ector is easy going but also very professional and thorough in explaining his process. It's difficult for me to get my husband to take casual pictures with an iPhone so I knew planning formal photo shoots would be a challenge. After our 1st meeting we felt 100% at ease and confident about working with Ector.
Our engagement shoot was also our 1st time meeting Kristina. If I had any doubts about being comfortable in front of the camera Kristina would have washed those feelings away! She is the sweetest ball of energy and you can't help but love her as soon as you meet her. We shot in several locations & they knew exactly how to pose us to ensure our photos were perfect. We had a very specific shot we wanted for our save the date and Ector & Kristina spent so much time making sure we had plenty of shots to choose from. I needed to order our save the dates quickly and Ector was able to edit and send us options without hesitation.
The day of the wedding Ector & Kristina were amazing to work with! At times I didn't even notice they were shooting & when I saw specific shots I thought, wow I didn't even realize they were around for that! Taking photos on your wedding day can end up being tiring but Ector and Kristina were great about ensuring we had plenty of photos while also encouraging us to take breaks between shooting so we could enjoy our day.
Our photos are incredible! I am so impressed with their attention to detail. From portraits and family pictures to the amazing photos of our decor, Thirty Three and a Third truly captured the essence of our day!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

If I could give 10 stars I would! Not only was Ector the BEST to work with but he created more than just photographs, it was artwork. I could have not dreamed up better pictures. They were unique, elegant and beautiful. There wasn't one person who didn't comment on how much they loved both the engagement pics as well as the wedding pics. He is also timely and truly cares about getting that perfect shot! He is a must!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

From day one we knew this pair was more than just your average photographers; my now husband and I arrived at their studio for a small professional shoot, we were a little nervous, Kristina served us a glass of wine so that we could relax and Ector started playing a sick old school hip hop mix on the background. To say the least, from this point on, Ector and Kristina not only became our go-to photographers for EVERYTHING but also great friends. After our first shoot, at the studio, we were impressed with their creativity and passion for photography; we always joked and said we would call them if we were to get engaged. To my surprise, that time came a couple of months after, we were engaged and no one else came to mind but them. I wouldn’t do them justice if I didn’t talk about our engagement shoot. Not sure why, but we decided to shoot on the hottest (it was literally 100 degrees outside) and most humid day (it even rained at some point) of all time in Miami, FL. Ector and Kristina, although it was excruciatingly hot and humid, rolled up their pants and sleeves, continuously wiped their sweat and kept the show going, the result, beautiful engagement photos! If someone asked me to describe them in one sentence, I would say: they always, and I mean always go above and beyond but most of all, they have fun and therefore you also have fun! It wasn’t any different during our wedding day, our families loved them, they went above and beyond to make sure our photos told the full story and we were so happy to know it was them the ones capturing our special day. You guys are AMAZING and we can’t thank you enough for being there every step of the way and capturing our most important milestones like you only know how to! THANK YOU! – Aireny & Kel

Profile Picture Aireny, 7/5/15, 1 Review

Profile Picture Aireny, 7/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

How do I express how much I loved Thirty Three and a Third Photography?!
As a photographer and artist I was extremely picky about who I chose for our wedding photography. I searched online for weeks! Our first conversation with Ector was a video chat (we lived in Tampa, they are in Orlando) and we felt immediately at ease. We booked the photographer before we booked anything else - a year and a half in advance.
Ector and Kristina drove to Tampa for our engagement shoot at the Tampa Museum, which was amazing! I was really concerned that my husband was going to begrudgingly participate as he normally doesn't enjoy photos but all day afterward he kept saying how much fun he had and how much we like spending time with Ector and Kristina. Photoshoots with them are SO fun!
They were prompt, such troopers (it was really hot at our wedding) and really organized in getting people together and directing us. I can't wait to see all the pictures! (we got a sneak peak)
I also love that they don't hold your photos hostage. We have access to an online album and have the rights to those photos to use as we wish. They have great social marketing and I love following their trips and photoshoots with other couples. Thirty Three and a Third captures real emotion and establishes real relationships with their clients.
I can't express how pleased we are choosing them for such a special day!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/25/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are obsessed with Ector and Kristina and their work! My husband is not one for pictures, but they totally made him (and I!) feel at ease. From the beginning, Ector and Kristina were available to talk, bounce ideas off of, and help in any way. Their pictures truly speak for themselves, and we are thrilled with our pictures! They captured small details of our wedding and have such an eye for seeing little parts of our wedding. Absolutely perfect! :)

Profile Picture Katie, 11/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

They were absolutely amazing! From beginning to end they were so helpful and flexible to fit our wants, needs, and schedule. The pictures were absolutely stunning. When my wife received the LARGE file of pictures (there was a bunch!) she couldn't help but cry thanks to the wonderful moments that were captured. They were worth every penny and more! This is such a big aspect of your wedding/special event that you will have with you forever. Don't make the mistake of choosing someone else for your photography needs! These guys are the best!

Profile Picture David, 11/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Great company to work with. On their game, make you feel comfortable and great results.

Profile Picture Michael, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am absolutely in love with Kristina. She was the most spectacular photographer a girl could ask for. There are many reasons for this, the first being because she saved this bride in a time of total need. My original photographer was unresponsive for a month before my wedding so I was left with no choice other than to look for a replacement. I found Kristina by word of mouth and by the love of God she was available. I booked her THREE days before my wedding. She made me feel completely comfortable and left me with no worries. She was on top of everything from checking out my venues to printing out photo examples I had pinned on Pinterest. She certainly went above the call of duty and everyone loved her. I later found out she had been nominated for a national award, how awesome. If you are in search of a wonderful woman to photograph your special day you do not need to continue your search because this is the photographer for you! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Kristen, 3/1/14, 6 Reviews