Thea Makeup Artistry Reviews

Thea Makeup Artistry 7
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/11/2019

Amazing, relaxed experience

Thea was super professional and knowledgeable with the products she used. My makeup lasted all day and into the next day and was flawless. My lashes were full and perfect. She really made my wedding day super special and stress free. She took care of my hair as well and did a phenomenal job! I would highly recommend Thea!

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Thea Makeup Artistry 9
    Thea Makeup Artistry 10
    Thea Makeup Artistry 11
    Thea Makeup Artistry 12
  • Beverly

Beverly · Married on 03/17/2019

Beautiful hair & makeup work, friendly, awesome

I hired Thea for a destination wedding in T&C & could not have been happier! She was responsive, timely, and super friendly. She talked through what I wanted in detail first via e-mail & then in person the day of & really must have listened because my hair & makeup came out better than I had even imagined. She kept it fun & got it right the first time around, so I didn't have any changes to the look once she was finished. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day thanks to her!

Sent on 03/29/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 01/26/2019

Wedding and trash the dress photo shoot

I have been in a ton of weddings and have had my makeup done many times, and I have to say that Thea did my makeup the best I have ever experienced! She is incredibly skilled and an extraordinary makeup artist!
    From the moment I met Thea she put my mind at ease.
    Thea was on time, professional, answered any questions I had in emails and made me look amazing. She was great to work with every step of the way. She is very detail oriented! My makeup even looked great after I jumped into the water for trash the dress photo shoot! I would absolutely recommend Thea to anyone.

Sent on 02/10/2019
    Thea Makeup Artistry 13

Julia · Married on 01/20/2019

January 20th Wedding

Thea did an amazing job! I was married last month and she made everyone look gorgeous! I had a last minute bridesmaid who chose to have her hair done and Thea was more than kind to oblige after we made our schedule. Thank you, Thea!

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 09/20/2018

Thea did an amazing job!! Due to lots of after ceremony, we had to leave my pictures till the next morning. I left my hair and makeup, and the next morning it looked just as gorgeous, thanks to Thea's experienced hand. I was able to get some beautiful shots More than 12 hours later. To anyone looking for someone to make you feel absolutely stunning on your special day, you wouldn't go wrong by her.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Kristi · Married on 09/09/2018

Thea was absolutely amazing! I got married at Beaches Turks & Caicos. Unfortunately, they do not allow outside hair and makeup artist onto the resort so Thea arranged for us to meet at her friends salon just 10 minutes away from Beaches. I know leaving the resort to get makeup done on your wedding day can be a risk and may cause some added stress but to me it was worth it after seeing her pictures on Instagram. Everything went perfectly smooth. Beaches arranged a taxi to transport us both ways. Two ladies went at 10:30AM and once they returned myself and another lady went at 12:30PM. She was at the location ready to start and everything ran right on time. We even finished a few minutes early. I absolutely loved my makeup and it lasted all night. She took her time and showed me each part of my face as she went along and assured me to let her know if there was anything I wanted her to add or take away. She was so friendly and professional.

If you’re getting married in Turks & Caicos you’re in safe hands with Thea and her company!

Thea, again, thank you so much for making me so beautiful on my wedding day! The compliments continuously poured in!

Kristi Phillips

Sent on 09/15/2018
    Thea Makeup Artistry 14
    Thea Makeup Artistry 15
    Thea Makeup Artistry 16
    Thea Makeup Artistry 17

Susan · Married on 06/30/2018

Thea is an amazing makeup artist! I was maid of honor in my friends wedding this past June and Thea did probably my makeup the best I've ever had it done (and I'd had it done a lot!). I work in the beauty industry in NYC and work alongside some of the top celeb makeup artists and beauty brands. Needless to say I'm very picky about my makeup and I require a lot! Thea did an excellent job and her skills were right up to par with some of the best in the business. In addition her prices were extremely reasonable and she was extremely professional and great at getting back to us right away with any questions or concerns. And to add to all that, Thea was incredibly sweet and patient. She was a delight to spend the day with in the bridal suite. My only negative is I wish Thea was based in NYC so i could get my makeup done by her all the time!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Sue · Married on 04/26/2018

Thea made me look amazing for my wedding! What a pleasure to work with her!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Kelly · Married on 07/25/2017

I am so happy that I found Thea online. She was an absolute delight to work with on my vow renewal. She was incredibly responsible throughout the entire process, which I really appreciated since I was confirming everything online and having never met! The fact that she is willing to come to your hotel/villa and do everything on-site just makes it so easy and takes away a lot of stress. When she arrived on the day of, she was prompt and professional, bu also made me feel at home while she worked on my hair and makeup. I don't typically wear much makeup so I really appreciated all of her recommendations. My makeup photographer beautifully. She was also great to work with on my hair. I had sent her a couple of ideas as to my vision, and she really executed on that. My hair is rather fine and probably a little short for the style that I wanted, but she handled it all perfectly. I really felt that my hair and makeup photographer perfectly. I would definitely encourage everyone to consider hiring Thea for your event...I would absolutely work with her again if I ever return to the island!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Tamika · Married on 07/07/2017

Thea did an awesome job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! I received a combination of airbrush and traditional makeup. The look I wanted was exactly how I imagined it. I showed her a picture of the look I wanted and she delivered. I asked her to style my hair last minute and she was flexible. My makeup lasted all day and my lipstick and makeup did not smudge on my new husband. She was professional and efficient. I am truly happy with the results! My wedding was a dream and my pictures were beautiful! I highly recommend Thea for makeup and hair!

Sent on 07/19/2017
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 05/20/2017

Thea provided makeup, lashes, and hair services for my Welcome party and Wedding events on Providenciales in May 2017. Prior to the events, she sent me an email with tips for preparing my skin and hair for my appointments.
    Thea arrived on-time for both appointments and even brought fresh, locally picked flowers to add to my hair. It is extremely clear that she is professionally trained by looking at her products, tools, and techniques. I found it comforting that she softly explained her process every step of the way to ensure that I was aware of what was happening which allowed me to relax. My makeup, lashes, and hair lasted all evening until I was ready to clean up for bed. If you have a big event to attend or just want to get made-up for a night out on Provo, schedule an appointment with Thea Makeup Artistry... you will be pleased!

Sent on 06/12/2017
  • Eden

Eden · Married on 05/06/2017

Thea is such an incredibly talented makeup artist- and in addition to that, she is also a really really nice person!! She was extremely prompt and flexible on my wedding day, and she made sure EACH person was happy, including my mother (which can be hard to do)! She was so attentive to detail, and could do anything you asked of her- some ladies preferred a more natural look and others preferred their makeup a bit heavier... Thea did it all and it all looked stunning!! She was so easy to contact before I arrived, and extremely responsive to all my questions and alleviate any of my concerns. She did exactly what I wanted for my makeup for my wedding! I've had my makeup done for a lot of events in the Philadelphia and New York area (where I live), and Thea applied the best makeup I've ever had done.. I only wish she lived here so I could do it more often!!

If you need your makeup done for any occasion in Providenciales... Thea is 100% the way to go... no question asked. I would recommend her to anyone getting married in Turks & Caicos. Thea, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you did on my wedding day!!

-Eden

Sent on 05/11/2017

Jeri · Married on 03/24/2017

Thea is absolutely amazing. She always responded to my emails within 24 hours (usually less). She arrived right on time and paid close attention to every detail of my hair and make up. She was also very professional and took the time to explain everything she was doing and stopped to have me look in the mirror several times to make sure I was happy with the progress. I got so many compliments on my hair from family and random strangers that we passed. Thank you Thea!

Sent on 03/22/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 11/19/2016

Thea did a great job for my wedding day makeup. I had booked her for a pre-wedding trial while doing engagement photos earlier in the year. My makeup looked great in the photos and she covered up a sunburn that I had as well. For the big day she had all her notes from the engagement day and created a flawless look. I never felt over made up. I was very happy with the overall look. I would highly recommend Thea.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Kiah · Married on 11/11/2016

Thea did an amazing job. I definitely recommend her to all brides to-be but especially women of color. She had a wide range of make-up for all different skin tones, skin types, eye types. etc.

She was extremely easy to work with and very quick to reply via email. I was able to convey information about the look and what I wanted from hair and make-up via email and it turned out perfectly! She's a miracle worker in terms of really understanding how to do hair and makeup that really lasts even in the humidity and heat of TCI.

Make-up: Thea knew I wanted glam (it was my wedding day) but still made sure it was natural and looked like myself. I've sent a few photos from the day and everyone thinks the photos are professional (they're not the professional photos, she's just that good).

Hair: I have very curly, thick, multi-ethnic hair that is difficult for most stylists to work with. Thea was a pro. I asked for a braided front with an updo and it was perfect.... perfect.

Working with Thea was amazing! She came to the villa promptly, worked around my schedule to accommodate a few schedule changes, and even stayed until I was all dressed to do any touch-ups if my dress smudged my make-up. She's such a professional, easy to work with and does amazing work.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Christina · Married on 05/31/2016

My husband and I decided to have a low cost, low stress wedding. So we decided to elope to Turks and Caicos! I had no idea who to pick for my hair and makeup. I saw on weddingwire that Thea got great reviews and was reasonably priced. It's a little nerve racking going to someone new that you don't know and having your hair and makeup done for the biggest day of your life. Thea did an amazing job on my makeup. I did airbrushed makeup. I was worried it would look unnatural but it looked great! I was also worried I would get sweaty and shiny from the heat during pictures. But that never happened! My hair and makeup held strong in the heat of Turks & Caicos. When I couldn't decide on a specific hairstyle from my choices, she just went for it and combined a few of the pictures into one hairstyle. The pictures turned out amazing & I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup =) I would highly recommend her to anyone coming to T & C.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Carolyn · Married on 05/29/2016

I can't say enough good things about my experience with Thea! I had hair and airbrush makeup done for my sister's wedding in Turks and Caicos. We planned on having a beach wedding, but the weather had other plans: sideways rain, thunder, lighting, wind, the works! If there was ever an opportunity to really test the quality and longevity of Thea's services, I think this was it. Both hair and makeup passed with flying colors. I couldn't believe that even my eyeliner didn't budge after a few (read: many) happy tears AND a rainstorm.

Thea was always sure to take our opinions into consideration and I felt like I got just the hair/makeup style I was looking for. I also have a lot of redness and dark marks on my face that Thea was able to completely cover up- it was incredible! This was something I was concerned about but she exceeded my expectations.

On top of all that, Thea was friendly and professional. I would certainly recommend her to others!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Dan · Married on 05/29/2016

Thea was outstanding! Thea did hair and makeup services for my wedding in Turks & Caicos and was so much fun to work with. She did a fantastic job during the trial for both my sister and myself and really listened to what I wanted and created a look that was perfect for me. After the trial, I took a walk on the beach and then went out for the evening and at the end of the night, my hair and makeup were still PERFECT. Thea was so friendly and it was a pleasure to be able to spend so much time with her! She styled my mother-in-law's hair as well as our flower girl's the day of the wedding at no extra charge. She was meticulous and worked extremely hard to please everyone. I received many compliments from our family members on my hair and makeup on my wedding day-they all thought it looked absolutely flawless. I would recommend Thea in a heartbeat-I wish she could do my hair and makeup every day!

Sent on 06/17/2016

maria · Married on 05/16/2016

Thea did a really great job on both my hair and makeup, I even surprised myself on how good I looked! I never wear makeup and Thea was able to keep things nice and light to make me stunning without making me feel like a different person, which made me very happy. My hair and makeup lasted throughout the whole ceremony and reception despite a few showers and tears during the ceremony. Because we had both right on the beach, everyone else's hair looked a bit wind blown, but mine stayed perfect. On top of her great work and delicate touch applying (I never felt uncomfortable during the process), her price is very reasonable. Thank you Thea! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Saskia · Married on 05/07/2016

I loved the makeup that Thea did for me on my wedding day! I wanted a natural look with a “strong eye” and it looked perfect – the outcome was exactly like I had envisioned. I loved that she was very friendly and just gets it, especially since I was feeling a little jittery before the wedding. My makeup lasted throughout the event and looks just as good in the pictures that I received from our photographer. I did a trial with Thea about 6 months before my wedding and found this helpful so that I had time to think about what I really wanted for the actual day. If you are planning on having your makeup done in Turks and Caicos, I would highly recommend Thea Makeup Artistry.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Thea did hair and makeup for my wedding at Grace Bay in the Turks and Caicos - myself and my maid of honour. She was professional throughout: quick to respond to emails, adjusted her schedule when I added additional services a couple weeks in advance, and finished on schedule on the big day. Most importantly, Thea did amazing work! She's a real pro with a great eye. I loved all her hair/makeup ideas and when I wanted to tweak a couple little things, she happily obliged. I was very impressed with Thea and would highly recommend her.

Kathleen, Bride from Vancouver, Canada

Sent on 05/18/2016

Arati · Married on 04/23/2016

Thea did such an amazing job with giving me my dream wedding look. On my wedding day it was hot and humid but Thea was able to account for the intense weather and ensured that my hair and makeup stay fresh the entire day. She made sure that I liked every aspect of my makeup and made any changes I request. Thea and very calm and patient which is such a blessing for a bride on her wedding day. She made sure that I was ready on time and helped out where ever she could. My face looked flawless in the pictures and my hair had curls and volume. Everything I could have asked for. I would definitely recommend Thea to anyone who needs hair/makeup for their event.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Krista · Married on 04/15/2016

Thea did a fantastic job with our bridesmaid makeup! I tried the individual lashes for the first time and loved them. I would definitely use her again in the future!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Candice · Married on 04/15/2016

Thea was amazing! It was so nice having her do our makeup while we got ready. She was punctual and had a top quality array of products to choose from. I gave her inspiration and she did exactly what I wanted for myself and my bridesmaids. Throughout all the heat and hoopla our makeup lasted and we have beautiful photos to prove it. Thank you Thea for taking the time to beautify us for my big day. It was a great experience that we won't forget! :)

Sent on 04/22/2016