The Wright Place - Special Occasions & Event Center Reviews

View more information

• User2725530 2+ years ago
    The Wright Place was the perfect venue
    Sadie Married on 09/20/2014
    The Wright Place is very industrial looking but beautiful once everything was decorated and the staff are very flexible.
    Kelly Married on 07/12/2014
    All inclusive. Excellent customer service. Clean venue. Close to Des Moines without the crazy prices. Janet was fantastic to work with - very professional, super friendly, and experienced. Plus, the DoubleTree by Hilton on Fleur provided a pickup service from here, so that was really helpful.
  • User1378246 2+ years ago
    I loved this venue! Lots of space, the price included everything from setup, to security to clean up and the staff was super friendly and flexible. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!
  • User1195782 2+ years ago
    I absolutely loved the Wright Place for my wedding reception. Working with Janet was wonderful and they have it all, centerpieces, table linens, bartenders, and they allow you to use any vendor you want and the price is more than reasonable.
    Katy Married on 08/04/2012
    The Wright Place truely is The RIGHT Place! Spacious, clean, and incredibly flexible! Janet was great to work with and made one heck of a bartender too! I'm not sure what we would have done had we not found this facility. I loved that we could bring in all our own food and beverages. It really helped us save on the cost of our wedding. The Wright Place helped make our wedding day perfect!
    Meagan Married on 09/25/2010
    The Wright Place was a wonderful choice to have our reception. Janet was great to work with and willing to do whatever she could to make the set-up process the easiest. They are a newer reception hall but did a wonderful job, the facility is in excellent condition and very clean/modern for a nice wedding. The Wright Place had tables/chairs, head table platform, black backdrops, dance floor and even linens now available! Highly recommended!!
  • Russell & Anna Wedding
    Anna Married on 05/28/2016
    I love this venue -- Kim is the coordinator I am working with and she is helping me in whatever way I need. She is so incredibly kind, that it is making decorating my reception more fun and stress-free. The venue is a beautiful, blank slate and they give you free reign to decorate how you like. The only thing to note -- flameless candles only! Not a horrible thing, just something to keep in mind.
    Allison Married on 01/08/2017
    KellyJean seemed really nice, but when we had to cancel our reservation shortly after making it and requested a refund of the deposit, all of a sudden no one would respond to my calls or emails. Mind you, this lack of communication happened AFTER I spoke to KellyJean on the phone about the need to cancel our booking, and she assured me she'd cancel it and that I'd hear from her by the following Tuesday at the latest as to whether or not they would redund our deposit because she needed to talk to her boss first. Here we are 6 months later and I finally receive an email from KellyJean, but it's asking for the remainder of the cost for the booking that I had cancelled instead of a response to my numerous calls and emails. Seriously?! How unprofessional! Clearly this place doesn't value their clients or reputation if they can't even be bothered to follow through on their promises or return calls and emails. I would NOT recommend the Wright Place to anyone!