The Woods Golf Club Reviews

Rating 4.5 out of 5, 8 Reviews
View more information

• Kiara
    Kiara H. Married on 06/12/2021

Absolute BEST place to host a wedding!!

After looking at 10+ venues, there was not a single doubt The Woods was was the place to go. They were a fraction of the price as other venues with just as much quality because they don't charge any sort of plate or drink minimum. It was so convenient having the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one location. Justin was so informative, easy to work with, and responded to any email/questions within the same day. We had a couple last minute request the week of our wedding that he took care of right away. We needed 40 extra ceremony chairs that Justin took the time to seek out and rent for us. We also requested two large fruit platters just 2 day before the wedding, to which he made a separate trip to the store to get for us. All throughout the rehearsal dinner and wedding day, the head of the kitchen staff frequently checked in with us and made sure everything was to our liking. I could not have asked for a better, more flexible and accommodating place to host our wedding.
    Autumn Married on 11/03/2017
    Justin was amazing to work with in getting everything set up! The entire staff the night of the wedding was courteous and professional. They made sure everything was perfect! Extra special thanks to Justin again for putting up with all of our emails and questions and always being so quick to respond! Made for an amazing day!
    Kaitlin Married on 07/15/2017
    food was amazing and being able to get pictures taken on the golf course at sunset was breath taking. I would recommend them for weddings
    Lisa Married on 03/04/2017
    I had my wedding reception at The Woods on March 4th, 2017. Justin was a pleasure to work with. He said that there is normally a 100 person minimum on Saturdays in the Oak Room but I knew I wasn't going to have that many guests. He waived the minimum requirement for us. They don't charge a separate fee to rent out the room like some places do. The money you use to reserve and rent the room then goes towards the price of the food. The staff was friendly and the food was good. I am happy with my decision to have my reception there.
  • User2276607 2+ years ago
    Our wedding at The Woods Golf Club was fantastic. Trying to coordinate our wedding from Denver, CO the event coordinator, Meg, helped make everything a breeze! We had both the ceremony and reception at The Woods and couldn't have been happier with the views, service, or food! We were looking for a place we could do everything and The Woods had it! The ceremony took place on the lawn facing the 18th hole's green and on that August day it was beautiful! The setup of the chairs were done by their crew and they handled it perfectly (despite us being shorted 30 chairs from another vendor of ours). We were allowed in the day prior to begin decorating and were informed by Meg that our risers for the head table were not enough. Not only were they not tall enough, we didn't have enough square feet to accommodate our 10-person wedding party. Night before the wedding Meg and her staff were able to procure a riser setup that worked perfectly, even though a large city-concert event was taking place in the area!

The staff were courteous in helping us get things together and Meg was truly our savior when it came to making our wedding a hit! From amazing food (broasted chicken and beef tips) and bar service to setup and teardown, we were never let down! We will always recommend The Woods for any event as they helped make ours a memorable one!
    Leah Married on 07/27/2013
    When my husband and I were first planning our wedding, we were going to have our reception outdoors, but our rents convinced us to have it inside in case of the weather. My parents had gone to weddings before at The Woods Golf Club and said that every wedding they went to here was beautiful. My husband's parents also had their wedding reception here when they got married. Todd was very easy to work with and informed us of everything we needed to know. We were able to decorate the afternoon before because there wasn't a party scheduled for that day in the same room. The staff was wonderful, the food was delicious, and everything was perfect!!! My husband and I even got to ride in a golf cart, while a staff member and our photographer rode in another one to find areas for pictures around the golf course. It ended up being cloudy, cold, and rainy, (thankfully after we were done with our pictures outside!) that day, so we were happy we had our reception indoors! The atmosphere was absolutely PERFECT!!!
    Ryan Married on 06/15/2013
    It was a great venue. We had about 200 guests and it was perfect the food was very good and everything was done as said.
    Britteny Married on 05/16/2015
    I was initially told they could seat 425 when I booked one year before my wedding date. For months prior to the wedding I tried to reach out to the banquet manager and also the general manager of the entire business to confirm how many guests I could sit so I knew if I needed to cut the list. My calls and emails were ignored. I invited 450 thinking I would be fine - a good chunk were out of town and we knew wouldn't make it. Well I needed to confirm my final numbers with everyone of my vendors and then I can finally get with the woods to get my final count to them. I tell them 400 and then they inform me now they can only fit 360. So I had to confirm with my linen rental place for 400 linens and now overpaid for linens that couldn't even be used. Then I lost a 16 person table because of the DJ so I was down even more. I did notice guests sitting at the bar but didn't know if that was just personal choice. I was charged $1 by the woods per person ($400) this is their linen upgrade fee so you're not eating on paper plates and napkins and using plastic cups and silverware. I was told because I over paid for linens they would "re set" tables so the additional guests could eat... This never happened, I feel like they did it just to make money, less than a week before the wedding I confirmed that the additional linens were for "resetting" of seats. So I paid over $56 for the $1 linen fee the woods has and the 56 extra linens for chair covers that couldn't be used because of them. When I asked them about the number of seats and told them I needed to confirm my numbers for my vendors so I really need to be sure how many guests I can fit my reply was "ok" almost as like, okay that's nice we don't care... never to get the information I needed. I left messages and was never got back to. They set out extra cake and no forks to eat it with so it was more waste. When the wait staff was going around we were never asked if we needed cake or anything, I had to flag them down.