The Winslow Reviews

12 Reviews for The Winslow

• Jennifer

Jennifer M. · Married on 02/02/2020

2/2/2020 Brunch Wedding

My husband discovered this fantastic venue shortly after we got engaged, as it is located right near his work downtown. For anyone considering this venue and are worried about the logistics of having guests travel downtown for a wedding, don’t! The Winslow has its own parking and it’s just a few turns off major highways, so coming and going are no problem! Now for the good stuff. If you like historic, industrial, customizable spaces...this place is a dream! We fell in love with it the very first time we saw it! From the exposed brick and steel beams, to the beautiful mezzanine and built in bar, it offers such offbeat beauty. We worked with Kelli from start to finish and she is perfection! She was flexible, responsive, and encouraging of all our ideas. Kelli was on hand day of to coordinate, got us all down the aisle, and made sure all of our needs were met. Not to mention throughout planning and the wedding, Kelli worked seamlessly with our caterer, Copper Kitchen, and their coordinator, and it showed! Our guests have still not stopped talking about how beautiful the space was or how incredibly our wedding came together, and I couldn’t agree more!

Sent on 02/19/2020

Elizabeth · Married on 12/14/2019

This must be the place...

I honestly can't say enough great things about the Winslow! The space was perfect for us and provided the foundation for the best day. Kelli and her team went above and beyond to make sure the day went flawlessly. She even went as far as contacting Google Maps to make sure the address was correct (since the venue was new, google maps was taking us down the block at first.)

We fell in love with the Winslow as soon as we walked through the door. The industrial vibe, exposed brick and massive bar were everything we were looking for in a venue and the outdoor space an added bonus for the perfect photos.

Sent on 05/27/2020
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing venue!

We had a great experience. We got so many compliments from our guests about how amazing the Winslow is and how everything from the train room to the main room had great layouts that accommodated the guests. Our whole experience working with the Winslow staff was amazing. Kelli was super accommodating and made sure to answer any questions or help us with any concerns. As well, they worked so well with the caterer and other vendors that it made everything way easier on us!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • John

John · Married on 09/21/2019

Hidden Gem in Baltimore City

After two months and looking into over 40 venues, we decided that we just couldn’t have our big day anywhere but The Winslow. The setup was perfect for a downtown wedding. A chic, industrial building with a ton of character right in the heart of the city (Federal Hill). There was also plenty of parking! Around the perimeter of the building there were awesome views that were great photo-ops. Inside the set-up was ideal for us. A long bar area/lounge to serve our guests and have cocktail hour, a room dedicated for the ceremony, and a large, multi-level space for the reception. In addition to us, our guests raved about this beautiful, unique venue!

We also had the pleasure of working with Kelli. Besides my wife, she and Jen (From Copper Kitchen) were the MVP’s of the wedding. Kelli was available and accommodating throughout the process. She was detail oriented and had such an easy-going personality. This surely helped reassure us on our big day and alleviated a ton of stress. She helped ensure that all of logistics were taken care of and everything was just how we envisioned it. We knew we were in great shape with her in our corner.

We highly recommend the The Winslow as a venue for a wedding and think Kelli is a cut above the rest!

Sent on 01/24/2020
  • Blaire

Blaire · Married on 09/14/2019

The Winslow was so Unique!

The Winslow was the most beautiful venue! I did not want to do an outdoor ceremony and the uniqueness of The Winslow stood out from all others. We loved the exposed brick walls, steel beams, mezzanine, and the all over industrial style.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole W. · Married on 09/01/2019

Outstanding venue and event manager kelli beard

Don't walk....run to book the Winslow and work with Kelli Beard!
    What a fabulous venue! My son and daughter in law got married there this past Labor Day. I knew that we were having a big wedding and at first I wasn't sure if the Winslow could accommodate us. It turned out to be the perfect location! The venue is beautiful and very unique. We had 225 guests at our wedding and we never felt crowded...it was perfect The venue is spacious and so pretty that you don't need much in the way of decorating as its very pretty as is. We had our ceremony in the train shed and than used the large hallways for the cocktail hour The bar is tremendous and it lends itself beautifully to accommodate a large crowd. Seating guests upstairs at long tables was a great idea and made for some terrific photos as well. Breaking down the train shed to set up for a station style reception went smoothly and effortlessly. I must say that credit for this goes to Kelli and her team. We were beyond thrilled with this venue. I am giving Kelli permission to have any potential customers call me personally with question. Kelli was a wonderful hand holder( I'm a worrier after working in the event business myself in Cleveland, Ohio for many years). Kelli took charge and handled me beautifully and took all my worries away. You will thank me if you use The Winslow...such a cool, unique space. Thanks Kelli and The Winslow for making the wedding so special.
    Nanette Ross
    (mother of the groom)

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Allison

Allison L. · Married on 08/24/2019

Best Industrial Venue in Baltimore

The Winslow was the perfect location for our wedding! The team was responsive, flexible and kind...they were so easy to work with and we couldn't of asked for a better wedding venue!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Chloe

Chloe L. · Married on 07/13/2019

Most Unique yet the best VENUE !!!!

Since most of my friends are out of town, I wanted the venue within 30 min from BWI. I didn't want to go some country club or winery, since I don't like being outside, and Baltimore weather is just too random and unexpected to deal with. When I walked into winslow, I loved everything about this venue. rustic yet modern. Also the layout is super unique that we didn't need much of floral decorations to decorate this place. We just had light bulbs for the decorations and it was enough! Katie was the coordinator for this building and she is super helpful. I really really love this place and all my guests commented on how unique the venue was.

I highly recommend winslow for brides who wants rustic/modern like cafe style venue!!

one thing to concern about this place is that there isn't much of a place to take photos of first look so we rented a library in a hotel.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Kathi S. · Married on 06/15/2019

Stunning Venue! Exceptional Service

My daughter's wedding reception was at The Winslow at Parker Metal Building in Baltimore. What a wonderful venue! First of all we worked with Kelli Beard from The Winslow to arrange everything. Kelli is first rate and could not have made it easier for us. My daughter lives 3000 miles away which presented several challenges but the planning was seamless due to the Kelli's flexibility. She is never too busy to answer calls or emails and has a delightful personality. The venue itself is awesome. There are multiple levels and multiple rooms, a stunning bar area, high ceilings, brides room, impressive entry and just a fabulous industrial look and feel. The venue and staff is top notch.

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 02/17/2019

A Night that was everything we dreamed of and more.

Our experience working with Kelli and the Winslow was incredible. Kelli was very flexible working with our schedule leading up to the wedding. She allowed us to see the venue and create our vision through a meeting prior which included everyone. The day and night of the wedding she made sure that we had an the best experience by checking in throughout the night. My parents raved about how helpful she was that night as well, which made us feel even better about our experience. The venue itself was beautiful and creates a wonderful ambiance for romance. We used the upstairs for seating and our guests loved the different perspective it gave as we did our first dance etc. I would highly recommend The Winslow.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Keri · Married on 08/04/2018

The Winslow made all my wedding venue dreams come true! This new industrial-chic space, and sister to the Mt. Washington Dye House, was the perfect backdrop for our wedding ceremony and reception.

We were maybe the 2nd couple to officially host our wedding here and I couldn't be happier! The drama of the main room was perfect for our ceremony and then was easily flipped over to host our reception. Every corner of the venue provides a beautiful backdrop for photos, and sunset pictures on the roof was an amazing added touch. My guests were in AWE and couldn't stop commenting on how incredible the space was.

Janin and Kelli were so great to work with and made every step of the process easy and enjoyable. Highly recommend.

Only comment was that the large room got really warm with everyone dancing, perhaps we needed to crank the A/C a bit more. And in hindsight I may have opted for hanging lights from the mezzanine as the space felt a little dark later in the evening.

Sent on 08/06/2018
  • Steph

Stephanie B. · Married on 08/29/2020

COVID-19 Mini-Wedding

About 60 days before our wedding date, we decided to postpone our big celebration* and pivot toward a mini-wedding. Kelli and Michele were incredibly flexible and calming; when we chatted by phone, they asked me about my vision and crafted a custom mini-wedding package option. We rented the cocktail space for three hours. A modern copper ceremony arch and bluetooth speaker were included in the cost; we also could have had access to an officiant, but we contracted our own.

A few weeks before our wedding, I did a walkthrough via FaceTime with Kelli. During this call, she configured and reconfigured a creative ceremony location within the cocktail space to accommodate my COVID anxieties and our family groupings.

We ended up having the most gorgeous and intimate wedding day with 18 family members! Kelli manned my tripod-mounted phone to record the ceremony as well as my now-husband's phone to control the ceremony and first-dance music. She faded back to let us enjoy our time but stayed close and checked in often to see when we were ready to move through different parts of our timeline. Even though we only paid for the cocktail space, we were able to access the Train Shed and main Winslow Room for photos.

*Logistical considerations about postponement: We postponed our original contract to a new date and had to sign a separate contract for the mini-wedding. However, the whole process was pretty seamless. Perhaps most importantly, Kelli was responsive, responsible, and honest when helping us make our decision to postpone - she was forthright about what she knew and did not know given the ever-changing state of COVID-19 restrictions, laid out our options, and encouraged us that we were doing the right thing.

All in all, Kelli is a gem of an event manager and the Winslow is a gem of a venue. Can't wait to be back there on 8/8/2021 for our sequel wedding!

Sent on 01/15/2021