The Winery at Bull Run Reviews

137 | Centreville, VA

137 Reviews for The Winery at Bull Run

Meredith-Anne · Married on 06/17/2017

We just had our wedding and reception at the Winery at Bull Run. Amanda and her team were simply outstanding from start to finish. We could not ask for more.

Sent on 07/02/2017
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 05/20/2017

Amanda and her team made the entire wedding planning process so easy! I am so happy with how organized everything was day of. They are a well oiled machine! I couldn't have imagined the day being any better!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Liz · Married on 04/30/2017

Great place to have your wedding. When you book a wedding here, you get a day of event coordinator. Amanda was ours and she was amazing. I highly recommend taking advantage of their brunch wedding option. Our guests loved the brunch food. Also, we were able to have the ceremony before the winery opened to the public. The outdoor pictures couldn't be more beautiful.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Tawnya · Married on 02/18/2017

Having our wedding at the Bull Run Winery was a great decision! The grounds are beautiful and the tasting room is perfect for a wedding reception. What I loved about it (besides the wine which is probably my favorite VA wine) is you do not need a lot of extra decor. Because they have twinkle lights and display cases with civil war stuff, it has more visual interest than your average venue. We picked February for a few reasons, but mainly because the venue fee was HALF what it is in the peak season and *usually* the winery is all but empty on a winter day. This winery's popularity has exploded in recent years, so a nice day means the grounds, tasting room, etc. are crawling with people. What we did not expect, in Feb, was for it to be a sunny 70 degree day, so we did, in fact, have to deal with the crowds. Now the winery does a fairly good job at helping you pull this thing off with so many people, but I was not prepared for the hordes of winery guests that were milling about everywhere that I wanted to get a decent picture. If you do get married here, just prepare yourself. We still managed to get some nice pictures, but it was chaos. The good part about the full winery is that after our ceremony ended, and our guests clapped, the whole winery erupted into cheers and clapping - I wasn't expecting that either, but they did it and it was very memorable. In the end, we were super thankful for the nice weather even if we weren't planning on the crowds. A few other things to know: do not get dressed at the winery. They're "small dressing room" is an office full of stuff. Make sure someone is keeping track of time - our reception started late bc of one winery guest who would not leave the bar upstairs, so my maids intervened. Bring shoes to stand in and shoes to walk in - gravel will be your nemesis no matter how sensible your bridal footwear seems. Amanda was our D.O. coordinator and did a great job!

Sent on 03/25/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/05/2016

The Winery at Bull Run was nothing short of spectacular for my wedding! From the minute I emailed them, Paige responded right away and was very helpful throughout the process. Amanda and Eddie are absolutely INCREDIBLE and made the process of planning a wedding actually easy! The day of the wedding was amazing and Amanda and Eddie were on standby for whatever I needed. Thanks to them, everything went off even better then planned. The winery itself is gorgeous! I used the barrel room as we had a 55 person wedding - it was beautiful! You can't beat the price for this winery. My husband and I looked from Rhode Island to Virginia - the minute we stepped foot onto the property, we were sold. Thanks to everyone at TWABR!!!!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Stefanie · Married on 10/09/2016

We had the opportunity to work with Amanda at the Winery at Bull Run and couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out. Amanda was always on hand to answer any questions I had (I had a lot!) and was very warm and professional. On the big day, huge wind gusts threatened everything from our signs and flower arrangements to the wine blending ceremony we had prepared, Amanda was out at the Hillwood ruins taping everything down to make sure that everything was still the way we wanted it, talk about going above and beyond. We were married on the ruinis, had cocktail hour in the barrel room and the reception in the tasting room. Each area was more gorgeous than the last. This venue was beautiful and well worth the cost.

Sent on 10/28/2016

stefany · Married on 09/24/2016

Absolutely loved out wedding at WABR. It is a bit pricey but it is just the most beautiful setting. You honestly don't need to do any further decorating of your own because the place is so pretty as is. Wine was delicious. Staff was great. They were easy to work with and I would definitely recommend to others.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

We were married at the Winery at Bull Run on August 6, 2016 and had about 90 guests. We felt like VIP's from our first visit almost a year ago to the last second of the reception! We absolutely love WABR's wine, and I think we must have gotten at least 3 different complimentary tastings before our wedding. Throughout the planning process Amanda was extremely responsive to any of my (numerous) questions and concerns. On the day of the wedding I was absolutely amazed by the attentiveness of all the winery staff and how smoothly everything went. Our ceremony on the Hillwood Ruins was beautiful, luckily the weather worked out in our favor (but you can use the barrel room as your alternate location in case of rain). Our guests enjoyed cocktail hour in the barrel room while we took photos around the winery grounds and in the vineyard. The tasting room was perfect for our rustic theme and number of guests. I didn't take off any stars for this but the only thing I would give any criticism about is the office space they allow you to get ready in with your bridesmaids/mother/beauty team - it is very cramped and we had barely enough room to put our dresses on (4 bridesmaids, my mom, myself, plus my hair/makeup girls, my photographer, and my officiant were in there at one point). We made it work though and I absolutely do not regret my choice to have my wedding there! Luckily my husband and I live less than 10 minutes away so we plan on returning frequently to enjoy the beautiful grounds and delicious wine. I highly recommend this venue, especially if you have a rustic theme and love wine!

Sarah & Andrew P.

Sent on 08/14/2016

Allison · Married on 07/16/2016

Immediately upon touring the Winery at Bull Run, my husband and I knew it was the place for us to get married. The staff is wonderful and friendly, the venue is gorgeous, and the wine is top notch. Our guests were amazed by how beautiful the space was and very impressed by everyone who was helping to run the event. We got so many compliments about how great the wedding was largely due to the staff at Bull Run. Amanda was our coordinator and she was so great to work with -- very helpful and understanding and she puts you at ease during wedding planning. It is the best feeling knowing that you are well taken care of during such an important time. I can't say enough good things about our experience, definitely book your wedding here for the best day of your life!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Linnie · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I renewed our vows at TWABR and it was beyond perfect. We worked closely with Natasha and Amanda to make sure that our day was beautiful and creative, something that was outside of the box, they absolutely delivered. As a wedding planner, it was extremely important to work with a venue that was flexible and able to accommodate my creative needs; we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. It also helps that their wine is delicious, their land is breathtaking and their staff members are knowledgeable and friendly. We had wonderful experiences with Eddie, Paige, Jean, Natasha, Amanda and Dean, we will be back for sure and I will absolutely be recommending this venue to my future clients.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Emma · Married on 06/11/2016

Our wedding at the Winery at Bull Run was amazing!! We received so many compliments on the venue from our guests and many told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Amanda was so helpful and made sure everything went off without a hitch. Some things to be aware of when booking this venue is that it is open for business during the ceremony. Honestly though, we didn't even notice this as all the patrons were very respectful. Also, nothing can be taken to the winery until 2 hours before the event. As someone who is a major planner I had a hard time understanding how this would work. It was important for us to be organized in both telling the coordinator what we wanted and in how we delivered everything to the winery. With these actions, there was absolutely no problem with the two hour time limit. This venue works like a well oiled machine and we didn't have to worry about a thing! We honestly could not be more happy with how our wedding turned out - and that was in large part due to TWABR!!! An added plus- the wine is delicious :)

Sent on 06/15/2016

Karen · Married on 06/04/2016

This venue was absolutely perfect for a wedding. The staff was fabulous and focused on making every single detail perfect. I would highly recommend planning your wedding at this venue.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Laura · Married on 05/21/2016

The Winery at Bull Run is an amazing location for a wedding! It's beautiful and ideally set-up for a wedding. The staff was incredibly helpful and responsive throughout the entire process but on the day of the wedding they were beyond impressive! Thank goodness they have an inclement weather plan because we needed it on May 21, 2016! Having separate areas in the building kept the atmosphere intimate and special between the ceremony and the cocktail hour in the Barrel Room and the reception upstairs in the Tasting Room. The staff did a great job setting up the table centerpieces and runners we provided and decorating the cake cart. The vendors they work with are awesome as well. We had a fabulous wedding and could not have been happier with The Winery at Bull Run. It is crowded in the upstairs area if you are getting having your ceremony there and need to get ready at the winery.

Sent on 06/09/2016

The Winery at Bull Run was a perfect setting for my daughters wedding. The grounds were great for photo ops. The staff was amazing. It is incredible how they flip the winery in 30 minutes and it is ready for the wedding guest. We were hesitant at first because there is no liquor allowed...only beer and wine but that didn't end up being a big deal all the guests had so much fun! It was a great time.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Nikki · Married on 04/24/2016

Words cannot express how amazing this place is to have your wedding!!!! From initial site visit to the actual day, Amanda and crew are there every step of the way to make sure you have the day of your dreams. Amanda is prompt when responding to any question you ask. Having Amanda as your day of wedding planner is awesome. She handles everything from vendors to placement of centerpieces to helping your guests. My husband and I cannot say enough nice things about our experience here and highly recommend it!!!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Maria · Married on 04/23/2016

My husband and rented The Winery at Bull Run for our post-wedding celebration on April 23, 2016. We could not have been more pleased and impressed with our experience. From the "get-go", following our initial meeting with Eddie, The Winery at Bull Run worked closely with us (Amanda Turner, our event expert "extraordinaire") to provide the space and set-up that we wanted for our party. Amanda was very engaged throughout our planning process; she was courteous and respectful to our vision. She was also hands-on the day of the event. Everything was staged and set-up as we had discussed. We had 95 guests, our event was held outdoors (very thankful for the good weather), so we had the ruins (where a band played live music) and plenty of open space for tables, chairs, bar, food stations - and games (corn hole toss and bocce). We also had access to The Barrel Room, where our guests could sit indoors and watch a live stream of our wedding ceremony and honeymoon in Hawaii. We could not speak more highly for this Eddie and Amanda - who made our day the special event we had hoped it would be. So kudos to The Winery at Bull Run. An ideal setting for a party!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Lauri · Married on 04/02/2016

We choose The Winery at Bull Run because we wanted a rustic, laid back feel that was still in Northern Virginia without having to drive too far. TWABR was all we wanted and more! We rented the entire space (Ceremony at Hillwood Ruins; Cocktail Hour in the Barrel Room; Reception in the Tasting Room). This venue was exactly what we were looking for and was a beautiful backdrop to our wonderful day. I can't wait to see the rest of our pictures!!!
    The staff at TWABR were fantastic. Amanda Turner was the Event Manager for our wedding and she did a fantastic job. She made everything so easy for us! She was very responsive to my annoying emails :) and always provided a solution or option to my questions. Anything we needed, she made it happen!! Any time I was at the winery (even if it wasn't for a specific meeting with Amanda), she would gladly answer my questions! During our wedding, all of the staff made us feel so welcome and at ease. While anxiously waiting for the ceremony to start, the Manager brought us snacks (cheese and bread) and water to calm my stomach all while coordinating the staff in setting up our event. It's the little things that made our experience that much better! Thank you so much for making the dream of our wedding day a reality!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Jeffrey · Married on 11/28/2015

Loved it! What a great experience. My Wife and I (man, I still gotta get used to that) wanted a venue that would not only host the wedding and reception we envisioned, but also be a place we would enjoy visiting again. The Winery at Bull Run is very close to DC, but still feels rural and wineryish. The wine, the facilities, the staff and the ambiance were perfect. I was so impressed with the staff, their attentiveness and their ability work with our other vendors (florist, catering, DJ, etc.) to ensure everything went smoothly. The Bull Run staff really operated as a team and made us feel like our wedding and our business was a priority. Our wedding was fantastic. If you are looking for a beautiful venue and an experienced team of people, who are flexible, accommodating and dependable, then you should feel very comfortable trusting Bull Run to host your wedding. Five out of Five stars, for sure.

Sent on 12/01/2015

I wasn't involved too much in the planning stages, but the day of the wedding, EVERY time I went to one of the employees with a question, it was answered immediately. Every concern was taken care of. The entire event was seamless. It was fabulous.

Sent on 10/28/2015
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/18/2015

This venue is absolutely amazing. I love working with The Winery at Bull Run. They are professional yet friendly. Eddie is a miracle worker. I toook my fiance and my family to take a look and we signed a contract that day. I would definitely recommend this venue to everyone in the Northern Virginia area!!!!!!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Alexia · Married on 10/09/2015

Absolutely the best venue we could have asked for. The event coordinator was a huge help and made the day run as smoothly as possible. This venue is so beautiful that I barely needed decorations on top of what was already given by the place itself. The only suggestion I have is for the bride and bridal party to bring some extra mirrors to get ready with! Other than that, the staff was amazing and honestly more than I ever imagined!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Kristen · Married on 10/02/2015

We got married here Friday (10/02/15) and it was better than I could have even imagined. Their day of coordinators know what they are doing!!!! Amanda is seriously the BEST. She had my boxes and my notes and she and the rest of the staff turned the Barrell Room into pure magic. Everything ran so late (to no fault of any winery staff!) and they never made me feel panicked or rushed. We got rained out and everything was moved inside without a hitch! Amanda also stood out in the rain with us holding umbrellas and our photographer's LED light panel (it was dark by the time we took portraits). Thank you so much to everyone at the winery for such a perfect evening!!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Samantha · Married on 09/26/2015

We loved having our wedding at TWABR. Amanda was our event coordinator and did a fantastic job. We held our ceremony there as well, it was absolutely beautiful. The staff there did a great job handling everyone and keeping everything organized even as it threatened rain during our ceremony. The only downsides are that the venue is open to the public until 7pm (during the ceremony and cocktail hour), and that the gravel/grass can be a little difficult to manage for guests with mobility issues. The open to the public thing didn't bother us at all, there weren't really that many people there (but that may be due to weather). Again, Amanda was absolutely wonderful and took care of everything.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Emily · Married on 09/25/2015

Our wedding at TWABR was an amazing experience from start to finish. Our first visit we immediately felt the positive energy from Eddie, who we all were crazy about. He was able to joke around with and charm our whole group of 6 women. We had another winery tour scheduled that afternoon, but we cancelled because we just new Bull Run was the place! A huge selling point for us was this was the only winery we visited that didn't require a minimum wine purchase to hold an event. You only pay for what you and your guests drink. You can set a limit on the bar tab if you want and don't have to worry about paying for more wine than you may use. When the contract was signed, Natasha and Amanda took the reins and they were amazing through the whole planning process. They quickly answered every email I sent to them, and were on point for the final walk through. On the day of, Natasha oversaw but Amanda was my primary "handler" haha. Both ladies checked in with me several times throughout the day and kept things flowing smoothly. I was late to my own ceremony, but Amanda took it in stride, adjusted the rest of the day's schedule accordingly, and kept the stress level low for me. I felt very taken care of. I highly recommend this venue, it is amazing that such a young winery has a team that is so well-oiled. Eddie even made sure to come down to the reception in the barrel room to say hi and give his congratulations. The event team is truly a dream!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Carol · Married on 09/12/2015

Amanda and Natasha at The Winery at Bull Run were fantastic as event planners and working with them was a very positive experience. My daughter's wedding was everything we hoped it would be and much of that was due to the professionalism, flexibility, friendliness and helpfulness offered to us by the team at the Winery. We would recommend the venue to future brides, grooms and their families. Because of the wedding, my family has also discovered a nice place to go for an afternoon picnic or to relax with friends. The venue is beautiful!

Sent on 09/16/2015